Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,835 members, 7,828,053 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 - Travel (719) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 (1216334 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (716) (717) (718) (719) (720) (721) (722) ... (1048) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Temayo: 9:17pm On Jun 12, 2022
Hello Everyone!

I requested for my CAS last week from Aberdeen Uni. I was sent a form FG2 to fill and return with scanned copy of my passport. I thereafter got a mail that my CAS was under processing. POF not requested. Is there a cause for alarm?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by aopecy: 9:19pm On Jun 12, 2022
Hello house
Please any body here who know about university of creative art and any prospect student here
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Temayo: 9:31pm On Jun 12, 2022
Please house, is marriage certificate issued by church valid for visa application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Bhoyo: 9:31pm On Jun 12, 2022
gen2don512:
Yes and awaiting visa, already did my biometric

Please how long did you received your CAS after you submitted your POF and Telex?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by seglius(m): 9:38pm On Jun 12, 2022
Dmcool:

I'm also going to Portsmouth. Waiting for my CAS.

Same here. Got my CAS already.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Dmcool(m): 9:46pm On Jun 12, 2022
seglius:

Same here. Got my CAS already.

Hi, how long does it take to get your CAS after confirmation your payment?
And did you apply for the CAS or it will be sent automatically after confirming payment?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by gen2don512: 9:50pm On Jun 12, 2022
Three Days
Bhoyo:

Please how long did you received your CAS after you submitted your POF and Telex?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by DaCrypto: 9:53pm On Jun 12, 2022
Hello Everyone,

I studied Mechanical Engineering in my first degree...graduated with 2.1 in 2009. I have also done my master degree still in Mechanical Engineering.

However, after my undergraduate program, I got a job as a cybersecurity officer in a Bank and I have been in the banking industry ever since. I have done some information security certifications like Sec+, CEH, CISM.

My problem is that I am confused on what part to follow;

1. Should I start from Master Mechanical Engineering

2. Should I go straight for PhD

3. Or should I continue with Cybersecurity?

I got some information that it would be difficult to get VISA if I go for Cybersecurity because it's different from my first degree..."Lack of career progression".

Please I need guidance from experienced members
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Gloriyah(f): 9:55pm On Jun 12, 2022
DaCrypto:
Hello Everyone,

I studied Mechanical Engineering in my first degree...graduated with 2.1 in 2009. I have also done my master degree still in Mechanical Engineering.

However, after my undergraduate program, I got a job as a cybersecurity officer in a Bank and I have been in the banking industry ever since. I have done some information security certifications like Sec+, CEH, CISM.

I got some information that it would be difficult to get VISA if I go for Cybersecurity because it's different from my first degree..."Lack of career progression".

I’d advice you go straight for PHD.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by YoungDenzel(m): 10:02pm On Jun 12, 2022
:Pu
DaCrypto:
Hello Everyone,

You have work experience and Certifications to show you are in the cybersecurity field. Why not try apply for Jobs directly and getting an Msc isn’t bad either
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by okonja(m): 10:21pm On Jun 12, 2022
Gbee19:
Staffordshire go pay u well, with low tution for school and housing,40 minutes to çentral of Manchester nice school and environment.

God bless you my brother, that's where the ministry is moving to jejeli.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Davidandgo: 10:41pm On Jun 12, 2022
My friend needs an advise. He had a US visa refusal in 2013 then later got said visa in 2015. He applied for UK visa in 2013 and 2015 and the visa was approved but can’t seem to find the application forms even though he has the application reference number. He also applied for 2 years UK visa in 2019 and was granted the visa, he has this application Doc and realized he did not declare the US visa refusal but just stated his visits to the US.

Now he wants to apply for theStudent UK visa once more and is confused if he should just stick to his story of no previous US visa refusal or not.

Please advise

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Bhoyo: 10:57pm On Jun 12, 2022
gen2don512:
Three Days

You mean three days after your deposit was confirmed?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Bhoyo: 11:06pm On Jun 12, 2022
gen2don512:
Three Days

You mean 3 days after your deposit payment was confirmed? Because my deposit payment was confirmed a week ago and I have not received the CAS
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by bharkarh(m): 11:07pm On Jun 12, 2022
justwise:

The same thing, there is no cost for delivery
many thanks. I also asked if the student can use the dependent to apply for visa extension? I’m not sure I got that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by BarrONLS: 11:07pm On Jun 12, 2022
Gbee19:
Staffordshire go pay u well, with low tution for school and housing,40 minutes to çentral of Manchester nice school and environment.

Checked them and found out they don’t accept waec result which is more than 8years.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by DaCrypto: 11:14pm On Jun 12, 2022
YoungDenzel:
:Pu

You have work experience and Certifications to show you are in the cybersecurity field. Why not try apply for Jobs directly and getting an Msc isn’t bad either
How easy is it to get a job straight from Nigeria? I'm considering school because I feel it's easier and it gives one a kinder of edge.

So you don't feel the career progression reason won't apply?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by DaCrypto: 11:17pm On Jun 12, 2022
Gloriyah:

Mehn I dropped pen and everything Engineering in 2015 (M.Eng). I just de pity myself because it won't be easy catching up as a PhD student. A lot will be expected of one.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by babey543: 11:39pm On Jun 12, 2022
Gloriyah:

You think PhD is beans.

People fail PhD and get dropped. He doesn't appear to have a passion for research. Don't treat PhD as a progression from Masters.

Besides, where will he get for 3 years of tuition fees as opposed to 1-year tuition for MSc?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by babey543: 11:42pm On Jun 12, 2022
DaCrypto:
Hello Everyone,

Google and apply for MSc Cyber security. You do not need to add MSc Mechanical Engineering to not complicate your application.

Your BSc in Mechanical Engineering is okay. You just need to include your cybersecurity experience in your CV as well as get a reference letter that confirms that you worked in the Cybersecurity role. Add your employment letter also.

You will definitely get admission. IT is hotcake in the UK so you will easily get a job as a student and when you graduate.

Good luck.

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Amyblaq(f): 12:15am On Jun 13, 2022
Hello Everyone,

I have a couple of questions please.

1. I have a study permit refusal from Canada last year which I plan on declaring, my question is am I supposed to upload the denial letter? Also while filling the visa application form, what should I fill in the “give more details” part (concerning the visa refusal)

2. When it comes to submitting documents for employment evidence, is there anything like submitting too much documents? Lol
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Obalola147: 12:44am On Jun 13, 2022
gen2don512:
Three Days
Please how did you make payment, I’m going to Portsmouth too but Form A is taking forever
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Gbee19: 4:29am On Jun 13, 2022
That's not true oooo
Once it's waec they accept
BarrONLS:

Checked them and found out they don’t accept waec result which is more than 8years.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by nodetest: 6:25am On Jun 13, 2022
Hello

Please is there a preferred marriage certificate for the visa process? I have a marriage certificate from a state registry and another one from the shariah court. The two certificates were issued about 1 year apart.

My wife has been denied a schengen visa in the past because we used the state registry certificate and the visa office said it was not the official certificate.

Which of the certificates should i use of UKVI. Is it advisable to include both in our application, with pictures?

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Preshila(f): 6:36am On Jun 13, 2022
Guys, please what's the best address format to use when writing a reference letter to the british high Commissioner...
The address format is what I need please�

Will this �be okay?
British High Commission
Plot 1137
Diplomatic Drive
Central Business District
Abuja
Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by lavida001: 6:47am On Jun 13, 2022
toxxyn:
Please how do I use Barter to pay for my visa application and health surcharge.

Download Barter App and sign up
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Temayo: 7:06am On Jun 13, 2022
Please house, is marriage certificate issued by church valid for visa application?

Temayo:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Realshima88: 7:10am On Jun 13, 2022
Please i would like to know if any of these unis require POF to issue CAS
1 University of Derby
2 University of Bolton
3 Sheffield Hallam University
4 Staffordshire University
5 Cardiff Metropolitan University
6 Manchester Metropolitan University
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by heroshark(m): 7:14am On Jun 13, 2022
jtgpt:
Hello house.

On IOM website, there is a visa type called 'student visa with scholarship'.
I want to ask if this visa type option also exists at the point of applying for visa.
If it does, does it have a chance of making the visa approved faster or with less hassles?

Thanks in advance.

Yes it does. If you will applied for visa through the scholarship route your application will be given VIP treatment.

PS: They only recognized British government funded scholarships like Chevening and Commonwealth
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by heroshark(m): 7:15am On Jun 13, 2022
duchess90:
Hello,

No it doesn't exist

All student visa application are the same with scholarship or not.it is the evidence you upload that tells whether the above applies.

What used to fasten visa application was priority or super priority, unfortunately these options are not available for now

Cheers

Hi Duches,

It does exist ooo. You can confirm

(1) (2) (3) ... (716) (717) (718) (719) (720) (721) (722) ... (1048)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.