Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,935 members, 7,835,118 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 - Travel (985) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 (1223948 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (982) (983) (984) (985) (986) (987) (988) ... (1048) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Davidandgo: 11:26pm On Jul 27, 2022
akhidelesegbowh:
Has anyone been delayed in getting collection mail while their Dependant has received collection mail. If there is anyone who has been in this kind of situation before, how long does it take the Ma to get the collection mail and what is the process of getting it?

In our case, I and my MA received our collection mail the same day (On Friday), however, the mail for our children came on Monday the week after. When we read the UKVI decision letter that accompanied our passports, we realized that our children's visa was processed in New Delhi while ours was processed in UKVI 01. Also, the dates on the letters is different (13th July for Spouse and MA, 14th July for Children).

I'm sharing this because i suspect it may be one of the reasons for the delays.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by ralphwinnge(m): 12:03am On Jul 28, 2022
Good evening all. Please I need honest response. The year on my marriage certificate is 1985 and the one on my passport is 1988 and am applying for UK student visa as a dependent, please how can I quickly correct it?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by fashgolden: 12:12am On Jul 28, 2022
Good evening everyone
Please how long does it take to get your CAS after paying deposit?
Brighton tbs
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Sulegee: 12:44am On Jul 28, 2022
Yes London alone bro, cyber security
Jvas:

Your course of interest?

Are you looking at London alone?

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Sulegee: 12:46am On Jul 28, 2022
Thanks boss, it’s not in London though
Iranoladun:

Try Cranfield University

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by akhidelesegbowh: 1:33am On Jul 28, 2022
Davidandgo:

In our case, I and my MA received our collection mail the same day (On Friday), however, the mail for our children came on Monday the week after. When we read the UKVI decision letter that accompanied our passports, we realized that our children's visa was processed in New Delhi while ours was processed in UKVI 01. Also, the dates on the letters is different (13th July for Spouse and MA, 14th July for Children).

I'm sharing this because i suspect it may be one of the reasons for the delays.

Thanks for this comment, although it been over 2weeks from now that the dependent collection mail was sent.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by akhidelesegbowh: 1:37am On Jul 28, 2022
duchess90:
Hello

I would be worried about the POE question if if the dependant decides to go first

Please wait for your MA, you are dependent on him/her

Cheers

Thanks @duchess90 for the advise.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by CowbellY: 1:55am On Jul 28, 2022
jj17cv:
Pls want to pay for my Visa fee and ihs also have a dormicillary acct with first bank

Can I buy Euro into dorm acct or I open another Euro Acct?

Pls kindly advise on what to do
you need an euro dorm account.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by CowbellY: 2:01am On Jul 28, 2022
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Mayflowa(m): 3:03am On Jul 28, 2022
ralphwinnge:
Good evening all. Please I need honest response. The year on my marriage certificate is 1985 and the one on my passport is 1988 and am applying for UK student visa as a dependent, please how can I quickly correct it?

Is there suppose to be year of marriage on passport? I am confused. The data pages of international passports do not state year year or marriage.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by abuhusna1: 3:34am On Jul 28, 2022
ralphwinnge:
Never heard where passport ask for date of marriage except I'm mistaking. But I know it does ask only if you are married or single.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by enesty(m): 3:34am On Jul 28, 2022
Please to pay for ihs and visa fee,is it an euro Dom account or dollar Dom account I need to open? And please what's the best way to get funds into it. Am thinking of opening gtb or first bank
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 3:36am On Jul 28, 2022
Hello

It’s just as the name says

After your biometrics you will keep your passport,when a decision is made then you will be contacted to submit your passport for your visa. It is more useful for people who apply for visit visa and have other trips lined up for them.

I personally will not advise anyone applying for their student visa to do so unless it is truly important.The reason is because their are further delays from when a decision is made and when your passport is returned back with your visa

Cheers
CowbellY:
Has anyone tried to use the Keep My passport service ? Curious as to how that works.

Maybe Duchess90 ? Justwise ?

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by abuhusna1: 3:37am On Jul 28, 2022
CowbellY:
Has anyone tried to use the Keep My passport service ? Curious as to how that works.

Maybe Duchess90 ? Justwise ?
It works but I won't advise you use it if you don't have any travel plan during the period of the application. They will ask for your passport if your application has been approved for visa and it may take longer to get back your passport
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by farnet: 3:42am On Jul 28, 2022
Interesting Updates coming soon
These are already rolled out but not fully. In a short while, it will reach us.

Evisa: no more passport submission, vignette, BRP. Visa will be a digital one via an online account which can easily be accessed and verified.

Biometrics appointment: Fingerprints biometrics can be reused if you have given that before, and you can do facial biometrics with your own smartphone.

So, in a short time to come, many of us will have no business with VAC/TLS
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/new-plan-for-immigration-legal-migration-and-border-control-strategy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Ajiboyehify(m): 4:06am On Jul 28, 2022
Good morning house. I was able to pick August 15 at Ikeja TLS. I don't know if I and my wife can do walking this Saturday. I want to know how possible it is
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by adefolarinade: 5:55am On Jul 28, 2022
@mimilyrics, duches, justwise

Grate morning to all.

Please I need your help and advice on my issue at the moment.

I am the MA with 3 dependants. We all went for TB test on Monday, all others came out clean expect for me. I was told the X-ray was not clear enough and I had to do a sputum test which will result to 8-10weeks before I can get the result. I know I don't have TB bot I had a procedure on my chest more than 15yrs ago before I had my first child which left a scar tissue on my lungsand u have never been treated for TB so I know I will come out clean. The issue now is that my school resumes on Oct 6, i have to wait 8-10weeks before i can apply for my visa. What do i need to do in order not to lose this admission as i will not be able to resume with them.

Please sincere advice urgently needed.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Fayzdream: 6:32am On Jul 28, 2022
orlahtohbadt:
3k pounds. Msc Big data analytics

Pls I'm applying for same course. What's your payment plan like over there? And what course did you do in your undergrad. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Laski00: 7:06am On Jul 28, 2022
@duchess09 @mimilyrics @justwise

Please I started counting my Pof on the 30th of June, can I do visa application today?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Davidandgo: 7:26am On Jul 28, 2022
ralphwinnge:

Do you mean your date of birth on your passport and marriage certificate?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Davidandgo: 7:32am On Jul 28, 2022
Laski00:
@duchess09 @mimilyrics @justwise

Please I started counting my Pof on the 30th of June, can I do visa application today?

Did you deposit the lump sum on 30th June? If yes, start counting from first of July. Today makes it 28 days but just wait till tomorrow before filling the application so you can print your POF statement from 1st - 28th of July.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Ajiboyehify(m): 7:34am On Jul 28, 2022
Ajiboyehify:
Good morning house. I was able to pick August 15 at Ikeja TLS. I don't know if I and my wife can do walking this Saturday. I want to know how possible it is

Anyone please
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 7:37am On Jul 28, 2022
Hello

I completely understand your concerns
Follow through with IOMs recommendation inform your Uni on this and possible delays it will lead to so they are fully aware

I believe there will be options to enrol and attend lectures online so prepare for that and get a good wifi, please don’t miss lectures when it is time

Once your Tb is clear then proceed with your Visa application. Inform your school when you arrive.

Don’t worry too much

Cheers

quote author=adefolarinade post=115150024]@mimilyrics, duches, justwise

Grate morning to all.

Please I need your help and advice on my issue at the moment.

I am the MA with 3 dependants. We all went for TB test on Monday, all others came out clean expect for me. I was told the X-ray was not clear enough and I had to do a sputum test which will result to 8-10weeks before I can get the result. I know I don't have TB bot I had a procedure on my chest more than 15yrs ago before I had my first child which left a scar tissue on my lungsand u have never been treated for TB so I know I will come out clean. The issue now is that my school resumes on Oct 6, i have to wait 8-10weeks before i can apply for my visa. What do i need to do in order not to lose this admission as i will not be able to resume with them.

Please sincere advice urgently needed.

Thanks
.[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by hannahBambo: 7:40am On Jul 28, 2022
if your appointment is for that day, your wife can join you, you just have to pay 42k for her.
Ajiboyehify:

Anyone please
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by hannahBambo: 7:42am On Jul 28, 2022
https://pos.tlscontact.com/abv_en/how-to-apply
this should be helpful if you scroll down
Summertime:
What do I need to take with me for collection. The only ID I have is my passport, which I submitted.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Godson1011: 7:45am On Jul 28, 2022
Good morning, for walk in service at VI, Do I have to book an appointment first or just walk in after the payment ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by hannahBambo: 7:50am On Jul 28, 2022
you pay at the centre
Godson1011:
Good morning, for walk in service at VI, Do I have to book an appointment first or just walk in after the payment ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Preshila(f): 7:51am On Jul 28, 2022
abuhusna1:

Never heard where passport ask for date of marriage except I'm mistaking. But I know it does ask only if you are married or single.

I think she is referring to date of birth. The DOB on the 2 documents are different.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Mannymanny: 8:31am On Jul 28, 2022
Has anyone been able to reschedule biometrics appointment to any date in first week of august fit TLS ikeja Kindly signify thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Andrewgame42: 8:35am On Jul 28, 2022
Mannymanny:
Has anyone been able to reschedule biometrics appointment to any date in first week of august fit TLS ikeja Kindly signify thanks
Yes, I have

(1) (2) (3) ... (982) (983) (984) (985) (986) (987) (988) ... (1048)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.