Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,072 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit (59465 Views)

HELP In Identifying This Strange Looking Flower / Check Out This Strange-looking Snake / Whats The Name Of This Strange Looking Insect ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by xeratek: 8:40pm On Jan 25, 2022
Call it whatever you want
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by Assurance001(f): 8:40pm On Jan 25, 2022
Sycamore
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by AlphaStyles(m): 8:40pm On Jan 25, 2022
FRUIT WEY GET KROKRO

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by fotadmowmend(m): 8:40pm On Jan 25, 2022
Gbere.......... Ife food
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by Angelfrost(m): 8:41pm On Jan 25, 2022
Teaser4:
That’s Buhari’s balls

Stop dat!!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by Obyangel: 8:41pm On Jan 25, 2022
Sycamore, very sweet but I don't like eating it
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by Onorie(f): 8:42pm On Jan 25, 2022
Looks like a breadfruit but if it has seeds in it, then it's jackfruit

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by Germi9: 8:42pm On Jan 25, 2022
bottlecap:
Very delicious fruit though I don't know the name
Yes very sweet and common in the East, Anambra State on market days

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by Gmark26: 8:42pm On Jan 25, 2022
It's called monkey blockus
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by CitynewsNG(m): 8:43pm On Jan 25, 2022
It looks like what we call Gbere fruit.. African bread fruit.

We call something likr this pere or gbere in Yorùbá.. A good alternative to yam in making pounded yam.

It's best enjoyed in Ekiti and Osun State of South Western Nigeria with another Amazing vegetable called Worowo.

God helps you if you get goat meat and palm wine, you will live like a king. It's one of those village treasures.

The leave is also very medical in treating High blood pressure. There is a report I once read about some Graduate Students in Malaysia who brewed the leaves and turn it to branded teabag and opened tea joints on their Campus.

So many things we pay little attention to in our environment.

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by mannasseh(m): 8:44pm On Jan 25, 2022
that's sycamore fruit, that's the most sweetest and juiciest fruit I have ever tasted. I ate last December in the village, even the smell is beautiful

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by Starzo: 8:45pm On Jan 25, 2022
Gmark26:
It's called monkey blockus
e don tay I hear that name aswear...I just Burst laff

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by IvarDboneless: 8:46pm On Jan 25, 2022
Ukwa... undecided

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by donofdons: 8:46pm On Jan 25, 2022
Lol
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by 900warriorz: 8:46pm On Jan 25, 2022
Chop and Die smiley
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by SocialJustice: 8:46pm On Jan 25, 2022
Younghacka:
This Is The First Place I Have Seen This Fruit. It's Growing In My Uncle's Compound, Looks Like Sour Chop But It's Fruit And Tree Is Bigger.
Anyone With An Idea Of The Name And What It Tastes Like?
Snap it with Google lens.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by Onyenna(m): 8:47pm On Jan 25, 2022
Younghacka:
This Is The First Place I Have Seen This Fruit. It's Growing In My Uncle's Compound, Looks Like Sour Chop But It's Fruit And Tree Is Bigger.
Anyone With An Idea Of The Name And What It Tastes Like?

Here’s your answer.......

I think it goes by different names depending on the type....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by Stallione(m): 8:48pm On Jan 25, 2022
Its called sycamore fruit tree, that was the tree in the bible that zacheus climbed to see jesus christ. The fruit is so so sweet and exceptional
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jan 25, 2022
All this ajebutter sef... So you don't know what sycamore fruit is?

Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by MarxMike(m): 8:48pm On Jan 25, 2022
OP, abeg na your bicycle be dat??... shocked shocked
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by sleeknick: 8:49pm On Jan 25, 2022
Chawachop
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by aribisala0(m): 8:49pm On Jan 25, 2022
There are many versions. Knew it as Chopchop as a kid The tree was not that tall
I believe it is in the breadfruit family. Seeds are similar to agbalumo/udara seeds
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by akevic: 8:50pm On Jan 25, 2022
End time fruit
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by Oracleforce: 8:50pm On Jan 25, 2022
This is called Tinubu fruit .it can only get horrible for him before 2023...
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by Kosoco(m): 8:50pm On Jan 25, 2022
Fig tree
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by biosystech: 8:51pm On Jan 25, 2022
Sycamore fruit...

It is common in Eastern Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by seanwilliam(m): 8:51pm On Jan 25, 2022
It’s called shibainu grin

i buy all kinds of giftcards and funds grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:51pm On Jan 25, 2022
element1313:
It’s called sycamore
Na wa o,
And na ur comment don get the highest likes so far.
This nairaland.com no go confused our youths sha.

How dis two fruits take resemble for Krissake?
Make people dey very careful of fake likes for here,
The more the likes, the more the bs.... in most cases.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by Oracleforce: 8:51pm On Jan 25, 2022
mannasseh:
that's sycamore fruit, that's the most sweetest and juiciest fruit I have ever tasted. I ate last December in the village, even the smell is beautiful

Village boy spotted
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by nijanigga: 8:52pm On Jan 25, 2022
That's a jackfruit, very powerful fruit ,anti cancer name it

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by od501: 8:52pm On Jan 25, 2022
tutudesz:
Durian
@Younghacka abeg were the tree dey If it's Durian, na expensive Asia fruit O! Na big money

Nop. That's Jackfruit. The one you post is different.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by lomprico(m): 8:53pm On Jan 25, 2022
Younghacka:

I Don't Think It Is Breadfruit, I Just Looked It Up.
This One Has Plenty Seeds Inside.

It's breadfruit

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Cows Are Offloaded From Vehicles, It Takes Wisdom To Do That / World’s Most Expensive Sheep Auctions At £367,500 / 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.