Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,187 members, 7,829,250 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit (59696 Views)

HELP In Identifying This Strange Looking Flower / Check Out This Strange-looking Snake / Whats The Name Of This Strange Looking Insect ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by mannasseh(m): 10:09pm On Jan 25, 2022
Oracleforce:

Village boy spotted
lol... I have never spent more 2weeks in the village
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by ReneeNuttall(f): 10:12pm On Jan 25, 2022
Teaser4:
That’s Buhari’s balls

Wtf!

Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by generalud: 10:12pm On Jan 25, 2022
Nigerian mango
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by seyz91(m): 10:15pm On Jan 25, 2022
Grapefruit/breadfruit
Younghacka:
This Is The First Place I Have Seen This Fruit. It's Growing In My Uncle's Compound, Looks Like Sour Chop But It's Fruit And Tree Is Bigger.
Anyone With An Idea Of The Name And What It Tastes Like?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by owelle22(m): 10:31pm On Jan 25, 2022
Very sweet fruit
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by naijadrivablog: 10:34pm On Jan 25, 2022
The tree that Lazarus climbed to see Jesus is named sycamore tree. This is sycamore.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by Grandkay21(m): 10:35pm On Jan 25, 2022
Go village you say no. You for ask on small for villa make the laff you , that thing is called Sycamore , I get two for villa , once I travel , I no dry show mercy, that stuff sweet
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by sageb: 10:38pm On Jan 25, 2022
Idiotmod:

This fruit dey Eruwa. How much dey ontop make i carry you go there

Are you from Ibarapa East?
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by Fejimummy: 10:47pm On Jan 25, 2022
It's a cicamon tree
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by OlujobaSamuel: 10:50pm On Jan 25, 2022
Sycamore tree.
Op, pls where do you get it, i need the seed. I saw it when I served in akwa ibom. It's saw a sweet fruit, after eating the outer (succulent) layer of the seed, you can cook the inner part, it tastes exactly like breadfruit.
Pls who has the seed, kindly help.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by Gkemz: 10:51pm On Jan 25, 2022
Sycamore fruit. It tastes so sweet with a pleasing aroma.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by Dpundict: 11:05pm On Jan 25, 2022
ATEMOYA is the name. Google it. I am even looking for the seedling to take home and plant. Ate it and loved it.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by SommyGudman(m): 11:29pm On Jan 25, 2022
That thing na Ukwa in Igbo land
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by magictonic(m): 11:32pm On Jan 25, 2022
This fruit is Sycamore. I have 2 grown sycamore trees in my compound.

The fruits just fall everyday and RoT away. Nobody eats them

Didn't know they were even useful
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by nedekid: 11:36pm On Jan 25, 2022
donofdons:
It is called Jackfruit. It is very popular in India and other parts of Asia where they use it to make Chakkavaratty.
In Brazil, we call it jack -mole. It is a very good place for hiding drugs from Columbia into brazil and USA. Before being deported to nigeria, I stayed in jail for 8 years after US authorities caught one of our shipment containing cocaine and marijuana so I know this very well. We also boil it in salt water and fry whenever we are spending a long time in Columbia forest preparing cocaine pastes
Bad guy.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jan 25, 2022
Teaser4:
That’s Buhari’s balls

Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by Idiotmod: 11:40pm On Jan 25, 2022
sageb:

Are you from Ibarapa East?
No. But i don live for there before
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by eaglechild: 11:44pm On Jan 25, 2022
More appropriately called jack fruit not sycamore.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by DarkJeddi(m): 11:51pm On Jan 25, 2022
mannasseh:
that's sycamore fruit, that's the most sweetest and juiciest fruit I have ever tasted. I ate last December in the village, even the smell is beautiful
Sycamore?
That's a Jackfruit..
Very common in the east..
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by DarkJeddi(m): 11:52pm On Jan 25, 2022
magictonic:
This fruit is Sycamore. I have 2 grown sycamore trees in my compound.

The fruits just fall everyday and RoT away. Nobody eats them

Didn't know they were even useful
That's a Jackfruit..
Very common in the east..
And it is very,very sweet.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by DarkJeddi(m): 11:53pm On Jan 25, 2022
SommyGudman:
That thing na Ukwa in Igbo land
Ukwa Oyibo..
Jackfruit..
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by DarkJeddi(m): 11:56pm On Jan 25, 2022
OlujobaSamuel:
Sycamore tree.
Op, pls where do you get it, i need the seed. I saw it when I served in akwa ibom. It's saw a sweet fruit, after eating the outer (succulent) layer of the seed, you can cook the inner part, it tastes exactly like breadfruit.
Pls who has the seed, kindly help.
Jackfruit..
A common fruit in the east..
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by DarkJeddi(m): 11:56pm On Jan 25, 2022
seyz91:
Grapefruit/breadfruit
Jackfruit..
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by gaftsoil(m): 11:58pm On Jan 25, 2022
Younghacka:
This Is The First Place I Have Seen This Fruit. It's Growing In My Uncle's Compound, Looks Like Sour Chop But It's Fruit And Tree Is Bigger.
Anyone With An Idea Of The Name And What It Tastes Like?
Sycamore

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by gaftsoil(m): 11:59pm On Jan 25, 2022
naijadrivablog:
The tree that Lazarus climbed to see Jesus is named sycamore tree. This is sycamore.
Lazarus?
Are u a christain?
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by franksam2009: 12:02am On Jan 26, 2022
Sycamore but best known as zacchaeus tree in the east,. This is actually my own kryptonite rock, bring this close to me and I might just die grin grin I can perceive the odour from miles away ahhh
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by Exodora: 12:21am On Jan 26, 2022
Some call it olive fruit. I hate the smell of it and is very sugary.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by Jjennecco: 12:27am On Jan 26, 2022
Just hope you have repented ...

Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by POLYGAMY: 1:03am On Jan 26, 2022
SYCAMORE TREE= UKWA OFIA
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by AreaFada2: 1:47am On Jan 26, 2022
nerdjared:
Sycamore fruits look different
Very different. This jackfruit (the fruit) is much bigger than sycamore. We used to also call it breadfruit but when I saw breadfruit, it didn't smell strong like jackfruit. I always believed they are different varieties of same plant.

We had several of this jackfruit plant back in the day. The smell is not great and it brings out a whitish fluid when cut. Some people even pound it. I never liked to eat it. In fact other people often came to collect the fruit. The tree can grow very massive.

It's a delicacy in Caribbean Islands such as Montserrat, Jamaica, etc. The roast it and prepare it in several other ways.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Cows Are Offloaded From Vehicles, It Takes Wisdom To Do That / World’s Most Expensive Sheep Auctions At £367,500 / SNAKE FARM ? {pic} :-\

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.