Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,540 members, 7,850,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:52 AM

Why Do People Believe In God Even Without Evidence? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Believe In God Even Without Evidence? (2864 Views)

Does God Even Exist? Read This And Think About It. / Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours / Money Ritual In Nigeria: Do You Have Any Evidence It Works? (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Believe In God Even Without Evidence? by vaxx: 5:43am On Mar 15, 2022
Workch:
I am not here to argue strawman.
Just provide evidence for your beliefs that we can test
neither am I a garulous individual, once you are grounded with knowledge. I will count you a serious atheist, back in those years , we used to have smart athiest on nairaland, people like budatum, agent of allah etc. Not this type of wannabe .

I just told you that even in the body of science that uses empherical model as a standard of evidence which is axioms is simply assumed not testable , it is in this foundation, science was birth . It is called axioms .

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Believe In God Even Without Evidence? by Workch: 6:19am On Mar 15, 2022
vaxx:
neither am I a garulous individual, once you are grounded with knowledge. I will count you a serious atheist, back in those years , we used to have smart athiest on nairaland, people like budatum, agent of allah etc. Not this type of wannabe .

I just told you that even in the body of science that uses empherical model as a standard of evidence which is axioms is simply assumed not testable , it is in this foundation, science was birth . It is called axioms .
There's nothing smart about believing without evidence.
It's always wrong.
Re: Why Do People Believe In God Even Without Evidence? by kimco(m): 8:26am On Mar 15, 2022
Workch:
can't you see how I avoided him like a plague?

For my own peace of mind..I will continue to do so.
Re: Why Do People Believe In God Even Without Evidence? by kimco(m): 8:29am On Mar 15, 2022
vaxx:

You think he is a wanna be? His question is very valid and his points are very grounded. You didnt say anything worthy of note but you want to call someone a wanna be. See these people ooo. Ei asem ooo.
Re: Why Do People Believe In God Even Without Evidence? by vaxx: 9:06am On Mar 15, 2022
kimco:

You think he is a wanna be? His question is very valid and his points are very grounded. You didnt say anything worthy of note but you want to call someone a wanna be. See these people ooo. Ei asem ooo.
His question is founded on empherical evidence, we need to tackle the foundation of empherical itself before we begin to tackle the evidence of religious beliefs, if he is so stone and not ready to scrutinized such foundation , then I count him a wannabe . He doesn't have a theory to apply . Awam fuo
Re: Why Do People Believe In God Even Without Evidence? by kimco(m): 5:29pm On Mar 19, 2022
vaxx:
His question is founded on empherical evidence, we need to tackle the foundation of empherical itself before we begin to tackle the evidence of religious beliefs, if he is so stone and not ready to scrutinized such foundation , then I count him a wannabe . He doesn't have a theory to apply . Awam fuo

So you enlighten us then...let's see. Tackle the foundation of "empirical" so we learn.
Re: Why Do People Believe In God Even Without Evidence? by kkins25(m): 2:35pm On Oct 14, 2022
vaxx:

Careful with "we used to have" abeg.. budaatum is here, alive and kicking. hahahaha. long I saw agentofallah though. Many are just speculators now. Getting tired of arguing back and forth with people who use the object of scrutiny-the bible, as their source of "verified evidence".
Take for example :

kkins: Kobo, the Bible is like any other book, not absolute.
Kobojunkie : the Bible is d living word of God because Jesus in the Bible said "bleh bleh bleh"..
kkins: the Bible holds water because the Bible claims it holds water? *muda me already please** facepalm*...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Believe In God Even Without Evidence? by Kobojunkie: 4:24pm On Oct 14, 2022
kkins25:
Careful with "we used to have" abeg.. budaatum is here, alive and kicking. hahahaha. long I saw agentofallah though. Many are just speculators now. Getting tired of arguing back and forth with people who use the object of scrutiny-the bible, as their source of "verified evidence".
Take for example :

kkins: Kobo, the Bible is like any other book, not absolute.
Kobojunkie : the Bible is d living word of God because Jesus in the Bible said "bleh bleh bleh"..
kkins: the Bible holds water because the Bible claims it holds water? *muda me already please** facepalm*...
kkins25 , what is with the inaccurate portrayal of my person here. Is it all so you can score imaginary points of some sort? undecided

I don't believe your Bible to be what you claim and I have made this severally clear so why do you resort to lying using my moniker? Why not focus instead on debating your own beliefs assuming you have any? undecided
Re: Why Do People Believe In God Even Without Evidence? by kkins25(m): 9:33pm On Oct 14, 2022
Kobojunkie:
kkins25 , what is with the inaccurate portrayal of my person here. Is it all so you can score imaginary points of some sort? undecided

I don't believe your Bible to be what you claim and I have made this severally clear so why do you resort to lying using my moniker? Why not focus instead on debating your own beliefs assuming you have any? undecided
My Bible?? are u atheist now? Or are trying to score points as well? lol.. My "beliefs" exist as the opposition to yours. in other words, if "thou art religious, i am thy nemesis"
Re: Why Do People Believe In God Even Without Evidence? by Kobojunkiee: 9:40pm On Oct 14, 2022
kkins25:

My Bible?? are u atheist now? Or are trying to score points as well? lol.. My "beliefs" exist as the opposition to yours. in other words, if "thou art religious, i am thy nemesis"
I have never said your Bible is the Word of God. Never once! undecided

As for you being my nemesis,you are nothing close. You instead assume that in your confusion about your own beliefs are mine. undecided

It is not my job or place to provide you or anyone with proof which you seem so desperate for. No human provided me with such during my own search for God so for you to think I owe you that means you are definitely operating under some sort of delusion of your own making. Ascribing silly claims to my person will not change this. undecided
Re: Why Do People Believe In God Even Without Evidence? by kkins25(m): 10:34pm On Oct 14, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
I have never said your Bible is the Word of God. Never once! undecided

As for you being my nemesis,you are nothing close. You instead assume that in your confusion about your own beliefs are mine. undecided

It is not my job or place to provide you or anyone with proof which you seem so desperate for. No human provided me with such during my own search for God so for you to think I owe you that means you are definitely operating under some sort of delusion of your own making. Ascribing silly claims to my person will not change this. undecided

grin grin grin.. So does that mean, the writer could be wrong in claiming that the holy spirit killed annanias? Since it isn't the work of God, it'll be more logical to claim that Peter killed the man wouldn't it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

If All “blacks” Comes From Africa, Where Do All “whites” come From? / How To Contact Your Guardian Angels / gunners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.