Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,193 members, 7,811,501 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:11 PM

Okorocha Orders Refund Of School Fees - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Okorocha Orders Refund Of School Fees (6085 Views)

Okorocha Invests Innoson As IMSU Chancellor (pics) / Shekarau Meets Commissioners Over Extension Of School Holiday (Ebola Prevention) / OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okorocha Orders Refund Of School Fees by pereze: 9:39pm On Jun 21, 2011
190:

[size=13pt]OKOROCHA IS FROM CAMEROON

HE USED TO BE MY JUNIOR IN SCHOOL SOMETIME AROUND 2004
[/size]
I blame your relation you are staying with for not locking up his computer. Grow up son!
Re: Okorocha Orders Refund Of School Fees by paulo882: 9:41pm On Jun 21, 2011
jumobi1:

We all know that. Do u think looting ends with this new regime? It doesn't. It may slow down but it will NOT stop. Rome wasn't built in a day.

The aim is to reduce corruption/looting and use these monies to do something for the common man.  Corruption/looting can't be eradicated, the are prevalent even in most advanced democracies
Re: Okorocha Orders Refund Of School Fees by pokur: 9:48pm On Jun 21, 2011
Running free education up to secondary school level should prove no hard task,many commenters here are forgetting that there is such a thing called UBE with funding coming from the UBE Commission for the revamping of dilapidated infrastructure.Couple that with the slash in security votes and maybe one or two of the perks of Imo office holders and free,qualitative education with assured funding will be guaranteed Imo citizens.Rochas is on the right path.
Re: Okorocha Orders Refund Of School Fees by Sunofgod(m): 9:51pm On Jun 21, 2011
The guy seems to be a joke.

Even the so called 'low life' Ohakim put job creation at the top of the list.

I cant see Rochas lasting 1 term - Imo will be even more Bankrupt by the time he has finished dealing with Imo people.

Without income from students how does he expect to invest in better facilities?

Is he going to start selling bonds thereby increasing the indebtiness of the state? I suspect so.

Nigeria has to many Governors in post not qualified to perform what they are tasked with.

They just get elected on false promises - and once in office they start talking shiite and acting like bush men.

Rochas is clearly only interested in short term political gains - this will come at the long term expence of the state.

Any bank that has loaned money to Imo must consider calling in the loan as the prospects of repayment dwindle everyday this dude is in office.
Re: Okorocha Orders Refund Of School Fees by RICHIEBOI1(m): 9:51pm On Jun 21, 2011
could this man Rochas Okorocha be Late Chief sam mbakwe in the making? shocked
Re: Okorocha Orders Refund Of School Fees by texazzpete(m): 10:07pm On Jun 21, 2011
Sun of god:

The guy seems to be a joke.

Even the so called 'low life' Ohakim put job creation at the top of the list.

I cant see Rochas lasting 1 term - Imo will be even more Bankrupt by the time he has finished dealing with Imo people.

Without income from students how does he expect to invest in better facilities?

Is he going to start selling bonds thereby increasing the indebtiness of the state? I suspect so.

Nigeria has to many Governors in post not qualified to perform what they are tasked with.

They just get elected on false promises - and once in office they start talking shiite and acting like bush men.

Rochas is clearly only interested in short term political gains - this will come at the long term expence of the state.

Any bank that has loaned money to Imo must consider calling in the loan as the prospects of repayment dwindle everyday this dude is in office.

I can't understand your glaring hypocrisy. You were one of the loudest mouths for GEJ a few months ago, why didn't you call him a 'joke' when he was busy making unrealistic promises? Why didn't you accuse GEJ of the same desire for 'short term political gains' when he was busy endorsing and praising the likes of Ohakim, Akala and Daniel?
Re: Okorocha Orders Refund Of School Fees by Sunofgod(m): 10:16pm On Jun 21, 2011
texazzpete:

I can't understand your glaring hypocrisy. You were one of the loudest mouths for GEJ a few months ago, why didn't you call him a 'joke' when he was busy making unrealistic promises? Why didn't you accuse GEJ of the same desire for 'short term political gains' when he was busy endorsing and praising the likes of Ohakim, Akala and Daniel?

Glaring hypocrisy? What a joke -  cheesy

I was and still am a GEJ supporter. And I will judge him in 4 years time!

I will re-state my position - Rochas is only interested in 'Short Term' political gains.

The people of Imo are facing a bleak future.

I predict that the state of degradation the schooling system in Imo will fall into will result in the next Governor having to double school fee's to put right Rochas wrongs.

The truth hurts. . . . . .
Re: Okorocha Orders Refund Of School Fees by otondo55: 10:34pm On Jun 21, 2011
No think am for Anambra !

Well done Bro !
Re: Okorocha Orders Refund Of School Fees by ifebosco: 10:55pm On Jun 21, 2011
very good step and can steel go ahead to help the state by passing a law in the state house of assemble that, any child
below 16years should have to be in school obligatorily in school hours.so now their parents can,t give any excuse anymore about school fees
so no child in imo state should be in the streets hawking during school hours, it wll be of a great advantage to us to us this oportunity to ask for some responsability to the imolites parents to help change the mind set of our people thank you so much our future president of nigeria (RAS) .
Re: Okorocha Orders Refund Of School Fees by Eagle75: 12:06am On Jun 22, 2011
Sun of god:

Glaring hypocrisy? What a joke -  cheesy

I was and still am a GEJ supporter. And I will judge him in 4 years time!

I will re-state my position - Rochas is only interested in 'Short Term' political gains.

The people of Imo are facing a bleak future.

I predict that the state of degradation the schooling system in Imo will fall into will result in the next Governor having to double school fee's to put right Rochas wrongs.

You will judge GEJ in 4 years time, but You've already started judging Rochas who is more proactive. mmmh check your self.

The truth hurts. . . . . .
Re: Okorocha Orders Refund Of School Fees by 1Emmy: 12:44am On Jun 22, 2011
I love this action man. Truth they say will set you free, and the truth am saying am saying, Okorocha is real.
Re: Okorocha Orders Refund Of School Fees by kollymercy(m): 5:24am On Jun 22, 2011
@ All,

Its been a long time I reply a post here, but cant just ignore this.

I will encourage everyone to please pray, seek, encourage and support this man.

He is the kind of people we need in the Govt.

Here in Ibadan, I know his secondary sch around Oke Ado where the students pay nothing!!!.

A very big settings, free school Uniform, luxurious buses to pick n drop the students everyday!

And this guy is not from South West here. We also heard that he has this kind of school scatter around the whole country!

This can only tell you Rochas is a man with beautiful heart. A selfless, visionary and hard working leader.

May God keep blessing and supporting him. And one day, a man like this will emerge as the President of this country in Jesus Name. Amen.

Please, support him with your prayers.

Cheers.
Re: Okorocha Orders Refund Of School Fees by EzeUche1(m): 5:27am On Jun 22, 2011
Sun of god. . . You my brother has been quite critical of Okorocha. Anything he does, you seem to have a problem with it. The man is changing Imo state, so let us watch. He is doing more in the couple of weeks that he has been governor than Ohakim achieved during his tenure.
Re: Okorocha Orders Refund Of School Fees by MMM2(m): 5:34am On Jun 22, 2011
9ice man
Re: Okorocha Orders Refund Of School Fees by EzeUche1(m): 5:40am On Jun 22, 2011
Okorocha is truly a philanthropist. This man is what Nigeria needs. He will rebuild APGA to greater glory!
Re: Okorocha Orders Refund Of School Fees by Sunofgod(m): 7:13am On Jun 22, 2011
EzeUche!:

Sun of god. . . You my brother has been quite critical of Okorocha. Anything he does, you seem to have a problem with it. The man is changing Imo state, so let us watch. He is doing more in the couple of weeks that he has been governor than Ohakim achieved during his tenure.

Dont take it personally.

He's been acting to rashly for my liking.

Imo state has some big problems including a huge debt.

He should have spent the first 2 months carrying out an in depth assessment of the state.

Instead he's been making all these moves which as far as I'm concerned are unsustainable.
Re: Okorocha Orders Refund Of School Fees by sconsults: 7:30am On Jun 22, 2011
@190
OKOROCHA IS FROM CAMEROON

HE USED TO BE MY JUNIOR IN SCHOOL SOMETIME AROUND 2004

Another drunk guy on nairaland.better take you confabulations and derailing statement
Else where.guess he was your junior in 2004and u are still wretched and drinking cheap
Kai kai.abe no offence u need disintoxication therapy.
Re: Okorocha Orders Refund Of School Fees by VALIDATOR: 7:41am On Jun 22, 2011
For all those saying that Owelle won't be able to sustain IMSU.

If IMSU has 20,000 students (just estimating) and each pay N150,000, the total money expected as school fees is about N3b.
Are you saying that Imo govt. won't be able to pump that amount into IMSU if all the holes through which monies were leaking are blocked?
Re: Okorocha Orders Refund Of School Fees by PuzyMeChew(m): 7:54am On Jun 22, 2011
Nice, More Action less Yap yap
Re: Okorocha Orders Refund Of School Fees by ijebuboy18(m): 7:59am On Jun 22, 2011
He has the best intentions but lets just wait and see how it all unfolds.
Re: Okorocha Orders Refund Of School Fees by igboboy1(m): 8:00am On Jun 22, 2011
Si kele onye nti chiri; enu anughi, ala anu.
Re: Okorocha Orders Refund Of School Fees by rolchi(m): 8:12am On Jun 22, 2011
The insincerity of past governments not withstanding, i doubt the workability of this directive
Not for anything but because i believe we are not doing it right.

Let's assume he has the money to properly cater for this venture and then does really sustain it.
Why not collect these fees and then use the money to upgrade ailing facilities and build non-existent facilities in these schools? This way, the school is up to date and then children get to learn better.

There is nowhere in the world quality education is free. Worse still in a country like Nigeria where we like to abuse any free venture, i am the least impressed by this. The saddest part of it is the state owned University.
Does the free education equally include non-indegenes?

How then does Rochas intend to build a research based institution of modern discoveries which is what Universities are meant to be? Is there any plan to fund research and development which these institutions are meant to champion? This is further promoting the ideology of our institutions being mere theoretical learning centres. theories that are not even properly thought i dare say.

What i suggest is sustaining the fees especially secondary and tertiary level. If the government is rich enough to sustain these free education, use the monies collected from fees to improve educational infrastructure and support research and development or encourage those willing to discover or that have discovered new things.

Free Education? It is not the best. Maybe till primary education!!!

@Emperoh:

Thank you, Many Nigerians are just emotional and sentimental. Free education is good but not without quality education. Even in Rivers State (with all the money they have), Gov. Amaechi had to send a bill to the State Assembly to pass a law for a Mandatory Contributory Levy in order to get money to sustain those beautiful primary schools he built for free education.

We wait to see how RAO runs free education in Imo State. I also wait to see how IMSU turns out.

I dey laugh oh!
Re: Okorocha Orders Refund Of School Fees by Oscillation(m): 9:12am On Jun 22, 2011
Iconoclastic sentiment can never devalue the demeanours of rochas self extremed altruism.
So i dont expect cynics to stop until a blind man says that he has seen rochas good deeds.   wink cheesy grin tongue
Re: Okorocha Orders Refund Of School Fees by Okijajuju1(m): 9:20am On Jun 22, 2011
I am a big supporter of the right of every child to good quality education, That said, I also commend Rochas Okorocha for this line of action,

But now let's reason together as intellectuals, Just cos education is free dosent mean the education is good, Questions have been asked on the sustainability of this decree, how does he plan for the schools to maintain and cover their overhead costs cos believe it or not, the schools need money to run.

I for one feel the universities should be given a free hand to run and charge any amount in fees as long as they can prove that the fees are being used to improve the universities and not being laundered by the administration, Students who wanna get a university education and can't afford it can still do that by the govt setting up a student loan system for the average students and a merit scholarship scheme for the academically gifted, Its this free free everything that is also rotting our system, Somethings got to give, That's why abroad, they have insurance schemes,

Once again, this is nice, but I'm still very skeptical about its sustainability, how it affects the standard of education &  Imo states account
Re: Okorocha Orders Refund Of School Fees by otokx(m): 9:38am On Jun 22, 2011
can it be sustained?
Re: Okorocha Orders Refund Of School Fees by Emperoh(m): 9:48am On Jun 22, 2011
I am asking those who think education should be free why they are not sending their children to public schools where it is practically free; you don't pay much. Why then go to private schools?

Free education will further plug us into low quality life with half baked graduates.
I still maintain that if you want the best, charge for it. that way, you are held accountable and then you do your best to provide the best!!

paulo882:

@at the bolded statement, my friend will you shut up ! go and do your research well. Most Scandinavia countries don't pay any tuition up to university level and also only this year did they start charging foreign students tuition in those countries, but education for locals and EU nationals still remain free. Why can't we have such in Imo state and entire Nigeria ? You ppl are so blind not to see that the money looted away by politicians is enough to fund free high quality education in this country and we will still more than enough for infrastructure and other things.

Oga, no matter how old you are, you should learn how to respect people. The new media offers you some form anonymity but that is not to be abused. You asking me to shut up reeks of irresponsibility and disrespect of the highest magnitude. If the common sense of engaging in rational argument is running away from you, kindly read and move on. You mustn't make a comment.

That said, please show me any institution in the said Scandinavian countries that do not charge any fee? Unless you are saying that not paying tuition fee amounts to free education?
Re: Okorocha Orders Refund Of School Fees by ibgreatman: 9:54am On Jun 22, 2011
gud morni every body,glo free calls is here again for more info just flash 08072740879 available to only glo numbers
Re: Okorocha Orders Refund Of School Fees by ibgreatman: 9:57am On Jun 22, 2011
gud morni every body,glo free calls is here again for more info just flash 08072740879 available to only glo numbers
Re: Okorocha Orders Refund Of School Fees by ibgreatman: 10:03am On Jun 22, 2011
Re: Okorocha Orders Refund Of School Fees by dinnam: 10:07am On Jun 22, 2011
Rochas you are EKWUEME.
Re: Okorocha Orders Refund Of School Fees by rolchi(m): 10:12am On Jun 22, 2011
Emperoh forget that mad man! I think he is a product of "free" education. No Character,

Okija Juju you speak well.

Once again, Emperoh you speak like the gods, the truth!
Re: Okorocha Orders Refund Of School Fees by dinnam: 10:15am On Jun 22, 2011
Owelle you are EKWUEME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

9 Ways To Memorise Without Cramming / Jambites Only: Please Drop your U T M E Score And Let Us Rejoice Together / The Saddest Truth About Smart People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.