Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,188 members, 7,818,614 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (376) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (909632 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Uzoamaka123: 10:14pm On Apr 12, 2022
Hello Family,

Please I’ll love to get clarity on a few things as I’m currently working on my SOP .

What can someone that is single without immediate family in Nigeria use as home ties?

Mother, brother and sister all reside in the US. (Legally)

Can I use my mum’s lands as home ties? Like 2 lands? And state that I help her manage the properties or what exactly should I write.

Also, I have an online fashion business with 200-300k monthly as profit.
Can I add this as home ties?

Lastly ,
Elder brother is my sponsor . He’s single(no wife or child ) , my tuition is 30k cad for 2 years .
10k cad yearly for living expenses

Can he show exactly 40k and show proof of good job to pay the rest?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Elixosodi(f): 11:02pm On Apr 12, 2022
Greetings everyone,
I got a refusal letter today from Memorial University.

Please does anyone knows any colleges that is still accepting applications against falls?

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Proffessorr: 11:04pm On Apr 12, 2022
Elixosodi:
Greetings everyone,
I got a refusal letter today from Memorial University.

Please does anyone knows any colleges that is still accepting applications against falls?

Thanks

Check University of New Brunswick.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Eddie92: 12:07am On Apr 13, 2022
Hello everyone, am new to this platform and I was recommended here by someone. My aim of coming here is this. My first attempt of seeking admission to University of Winnipeg in Canada was denied. I.e my application was denied yesterday. So I don't know what to do next, because I still have the zeal to study in Canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 12:32am On Apr 13, 2022
Lost of schools you can apply to without ielts

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Akukusesemomo: 1:23am On Apr 13, 2022
Hello everyone

Can someone please help me?

I have not been able to log into my gckey account for about 6 days now
It keeps bringing an error message

Is anyone else having trouble logging in?
I submitted my application in Jan and now I can't keep track of things

Thank you

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 160485(f): 2:57am On Apr 13, 2022
Jeffi7:

PLS WHAT IS THE PROCESS OF GETTING UPKEEP THROUGH THE BANK

2. IS IT DIFFERENT FROM PTA?

3. HOW DO ONE QUALIFY FOR UPKEEP ?

Apply for upkeep through the bank.

Yes different from pta.
Apply through form a
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Daslimo: 3:41am On Apr 13, 2022
Hello Gurus, I just read that it is wise to declare all your bank statements which actually makes sense; however, I am a bit concerned:
I have a sufficient bank statement from Japan (over 60k CAD), a full scholarship from a Canadian school, 3 plots of land documents (inherited from my late dad), and barely 100k in a Nigerian Bank.

Should I include the 100k bank statement too?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by amila20042001: 6:03am On Apr 13, 2022
What are the requirements and how much is one entitled to?

160485:

Yes different from pta.
Apply through form a
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Scott99tish(m): 6:45am On Apr 13, 2022
I know.
Probably you didn’t read my post well.
I said Minimal.

Small thing to hold
Johnbravo1994:
The maximum to carry to Canada is $10,000 Cad dollar

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Scott99tish(m): 6:46am On Apr 13, 2022
Check my post. I attached screenshot
Abby212:
Please o, teach us. How did you explain it. quote author=Scott99tish post=111886709]You don’t need to give any story.
You’ve never travel out of this country before.

State it.
If you see how I stated mine, You will grant me too. Lol
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by gbemiodula: 6:47am On Apr 13, 2022
This is the response from my MP . Please what do you advise i do @ketima @Mikano and everyone. November 20th Applicant

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Akexstinger(m): 7:06am On Apr 13, 2022
gbemiodula:
This is the response from my MP . Please what do you advise i do @ketima @Mikano and everyone. November 20th Applicant
3 months! Chai November application! This people wuked oh … that’s 8 months in July

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Odoziaku1: 7:11am On Apr 13, 2022
Delete your browser history and login again, it will go

s
Akukusesemomo:
Hello everyone

Thank you

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Filanodivine(m): 7:24am On Apr 13, 2022
Filanodivine:

Thank you so much. Your feedback has bee very helpful.

[Qa] Yes, brother A is married with two kids, all under 5 years old. Its CAD 60,000 at the moment but you know money comes in all the time. I don’t know how much is in his personal bank account, remember it’s his company account I am using. I imagine his personal account handles his family expenses. Should I include his personal bank statement?

[Qb] Yes, I have paid CAD 10,000 to the school. That will reduce the first year tuition. Let me do the breakdown again:

Tuition is CAD 18,000 minus CAD 10,000 already paid = CAD 8,000 balance first year

Living expenses is CAD 10,000 a year
Miscellaneous is CAD 2,000 a year
Total for one year is 8,000 + 10,000 + 2,000 = CAD 20,000, and CAD 30,000 second year.
GRAND TOTAL OF CAD 50,000 for the duration of the program.

[2] About the second sponsor, I will tell him to just give me the money upfront through my Brother A. I will remove him from the application.

[3] My intent is not to hide or misrepresent facts, it’s just not to have too many things in my application. However, if its okay to add that part, I will add it. That’s not a problem. So to add this part, the side hustle and my account statement, I should ask Brother B to bring his company documents and company statement of account right?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by itsmolep(m): 7:25am On Apr 13, 2022
Eddie92:
Hello everyone, am new to this platform and I was recommended here by someone. My aim of coming here is this. My first attempt of seeking admission to University of Winnipeg in Canada was denied. I.e my application was denied yesterday. So I don't know what to do next, because I still have the zeal to study in Canada.

Are applying for undergraduate?
Check your email
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by TomisinK(f): 7:30am On Apr 13, 2022
Hello guys,

Good morning/afternoon/evening lol

Please can anyone confirm if Yellow Fever card is required to travel to Canada?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Tyga0001: 8:07am On Apr 13, 2022
Use a computer not a phone, and when ever you see that error message, continue refreshing the page until it loads the correct page.
Akukusesemomo:
Hello everyone

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ninab: 8:09am On Apr 13, 2022
gbemiodula:

Has your eligibilty visibly started ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by gbemiodula: 8:13am On Apr 13, 2022
Yes, It started February 1st

ninab:

Has your eligibilty visibly started ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ketima: 8:17am On Apr 13, 2022
gbemiodula:

Hello Gbemiodula,

What it means is

Eligibility: in progress
Medical: passed
Criminality: Complete.
Info sharing: probably completed but not stated.
ADR: None

That if you don't get back from IRCC within this period, he/she( your MP) of your riding will get back with IRCC in 3months time.

But that shouldn't stop you from disturbing them with mails and webform. Some MP's put this date so you won't be disturbing them alot with your mail request as they have other tasks to do.
Don't worry, it shall end in praises

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Dressmeup: 8:24am On Apr 13, 2022
Thank you Ketima
I appreciate your response.
Dressmeup:
[/quote]
[quote author=Ketima post=111865393]

Hello Dressmeup,

You're actually planning to go with the only family tie you have back home. Is not that is it not possible to get approved if all applied, but would suggest let hubby stay behind, you now apply with baby as you have not extended family (father,mother, siblings) home ties and use hubby as family ties back home.

But also note that home ties isn't just only about family, it includes Job/work ties, investment ties, professional body ties, non governmental/voluntary work ties to your home country etc. So if you're still applying with family, do well to extensively dwell more on other ties you have in your country.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Afolavid: 8:25am On Apr 13, 2022
Scott99tish:
I know.
Probably you didn’t read my post well.
I said Minimal.

Small thing to hold

There's no minimal. Since the maximum is $10k, it's left to each person to plan, strategize well and use their discretion as to how much cash they should hold. I've seen people who traveled without holding 5naira cash (though, they printed their SOA for POF at the POE and held their Visa card for POS transactions) and I've also seen some who carried $9.9k in cash, so it depends on each person. There's no minimum, only a maximum.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Dressmeup: 8:28am On Apr 13, 2022
Thank you Ketima
I appreciate your response
Ketima:

Hello Dressmeup,

You're actually planning to go with the only family tie you have back home. Is not that is it not possible to get approved if all applied, but would suggest let hubby stay behind, you now apply with baby as you have not extended family (father,mother, siblings) home ties and use hubby as family ties back home.

But also note that home ties isn't just only about family, it includes Job/work ties, investment ties, professional body ties, non governmental/voluntary work ties to your home country etc. So if you're still applying with family, do well to extensively dwell more on other ties you have in your country.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ketima: 8:31am On Apr 13, 2022
Filanodivine:

Thank you so much. Your feedback has bee very helpful.

[Qa] Yes, brother A is married with two kids, all under 5 years old. Its CAD 60,000 at the moment but you know money comes in all the time. I don’t know how much is in his personal bank account, remember it’s his company account I am using. I imagine his personal account handles his family expenses. Should I include his personal bank statement?

[Qb] Yes, I have paid CAD 10,000 to the school. That will reduce the first year tuition. Let me do the breakdown again:

Tuition is CAD 18,000 minus CAD 10,000 already paid = CAD 8,000 balance first year

Living expenses is CAD 10,000 a year
Miscellaneous is CAD 2,000 a year
Total for one year is 8,000 + 10,000 + 2,000 = CAD 20,000, and CAD 30,000 second year.
GRAND TOTAL OF CAD 50,000 for the duration of the program.

[2] About the second sponsor, I will tell him to just give me the money upfront through my Brother A. I will remove him from the application.

[3] My intent is not to hide or misrepresent facts, it’s just not to have too many things in my application. However, if its okay to add that part, I will add it. That’s not a problem. So to add this part, the side hustle and my account statement, I should ask Brother B to bring his company documents and company statement of account right?

Hello Filanodivine,

Your application is just a straight forward thing, but you're making it give you headache. I know you want an tight application and that is awesome, but don't allow that now make you add irrelevant things and remove relevant things.

First, what will/is your brother B company documents and account be doing in your application if he isn't your Sponsor and you didn't mention him in your SOP?

As for your brother A who is your Sponsor, it is your duty to explain and prove to the VO that he has other means(money in other accounts) that he will be using to take care of his family. That the CAD$60K isn't just the only money he has. That means you have to show where the funds to take care of his family is domiciled. Remember, anything you say, please back it up with proof. If you say be has money in another account to take care of his family, you need to back it up by submitting the said account details as well as show of proof.

Lastly, don't over think of perfection or perfect application. No application is ever perfect. Your prayer should be that the VO that will be assigned your application be the liberal type and not the harsh akpo type. Cos if a near perfect application meets an akpo VO, it can easily be refused and if a poorly arranged application meets a nice VO, it can easily be approved.

All the best

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Tupalo(f): 8:43am On Apr 13, 2022
Good morning Nairalanders, pls has anyone apply to College of North Atlantic before? If yes how many weeks or month do they give admission and how can I prove my tires with my Aunt that's sponsoring me for my education in Canada, we don't have pics together, she was my sponsor during my undergraduate here in Nigeria so she wants to sponsor me now to Canada, she doesn't have any dependent we r only what she has, meanwhile I do not have any Job presently, except my small business. Thanks @ketima, @Afolavid
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Filanodivine(m): 9:07am On Apr 13, 2022
Ketima:

Hello Filanodivine,

Your application is just a straight forward thing, but you're making it give you headache. I know you want an tight application and that is awesome, but don't allow that now make you add irrelevant things and remove relevant things.

First, what will/is your brother B company documents and account be doing in your application if he isn't your Sponsor and you didn't mention him in your SOP?

As for your brother A who is your Sponsor, it is your duty to explain and prove to the VO that he has other means(money in other accounts) that he will be using to take care of his family. That the CAD$60K isn't just the only money he has. That means you have to show where the funds to take care of his family is domiciled. Remember, anything you say, please back it up with proof. If you say be has money in another account to take care of his family, you need to back it up by submitting the said account details as well as show of proof.

Lastly, don't over think of perfection or perfect application. No application is ever perfect. Your prayer should be that the VO that will be assigned your application be the liberal type and not the harsh akpo type. Cos if a near perfect application meets an akpo VO, it can easily be refused and if a poorly arranged application meets a nice VO, it can easily be approved.

All the best

Thank you so much

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Papapa1234: 9:12am On Apr 13, 2022
Ketima,any help on this pls..I appreciate
Papapa1234:
Hello Nairalanders,

Pls my programs starts by May and I wasnt able to defer my admission to September cos the school says it closed..

I asked if i can defer to Janaury,yet to get a response...

Thought the school says they can only keep tuition deposits for 8months which means January may not be possible..

Pls what do I do in this situation esp if my Study permit doesmt arrive before May session starts..

Pls I need your opinion and advise..

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Papapa1234: 9:15am On Apr 13, 2022
Good day,

In response to your email enquiry below, kindly note that this application is under review by our office. Our office is currently experiencing application volumes that exceed our capacity to process all applications within the average processing times cited on our website at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp

Our office will contact you as soon as more information or documents are required.

I got this generic response from IRCC..does it mean nothing has started or I should just ignore this..
School starts in May
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Agnes789: 9:17am On Apr 13, 2022
I have a question please. Can my place of work and parents act as my sponsors for Canada visa application?. Note, I've only worked for 7 months in that place but my boss is willing to use the company's account for my proof of funds. Please, I need answers. Thank you so much

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Onaya(m): 9:20am On Apr 13, 2022
Hello NL Family,

How can I send a web form or an email to the IRCC via the new Visitor/Study Permit application portal for the modification of the supporting documents for my application?

While uploading the supporting documents for my application, I mistakenly uploaded a document (SOP) which I had reviewed for a friend, but replaced it with the intended documents immediately I noticed it before submitting my application. Unfortunately, what is recorded in the summary of my submitted application is that SOP I had clicked in error, even though I had replaced it prior to the final submission of my application by uploading the very document I had in mind. This happened just last night—on April 12, 2022. I am seriously overwhelmed by worries from this ugly outcome, and utterly confused about what next to do now.

Kindly guide me with expert advice and knowledge regarding how to rectify this problem at the earliest time possible, before the IRCC starts working on my application. Is it advisable for me to withdraw my application?

Regards,
Onaya
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kennyjoy(m): 9:21am On Apr 13, 2022
Scott99tish:
Good Evening all,

Quick question; Like how much is the Minimal amount I can carry to Canada.

I don’t intend giving aboki money so I just want to carry small money Incase. I wish I’m not carry any dollar sef.

But can anyone help me with the lowest required money to hold since PTA is out of it.

Regards.

There’s no minimal amt, you can travel cashless so far your POF is available @POE, but it advisable to hold something as you might needed cash when you arrived. Me I only travel with $1000.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) ... (920)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.