Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,275 members, 7,811,804 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:02 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (378) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (904472 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by lekins101(m): 1:09pm On Apr 13, 2022
Good afternoon everyone,

I have an admission offer from a college in Vancouver, however ASUU and NASU are on strike, I just graduated in January and I have not done my clearance. I have a "To whom it may concern" letter from the school (UNILAG) but I don't know if it is sufficient for use with IRCC. Has anyone ever been in this position? What are my options?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by gbemiodula: 1:25pm On Apr 13, 2022
@Ketima Thanks so much for the analysis

I wont stop disturbing them ooo

Also thank you for helping out with SOP and LOE. I can't wait to write my success story too and you are a major part of it.

Ketima:

Hello Gbemiodula,

What it means is

Eligibility: in progress
Medical: passed
Criminality: Complete.
Info sharing: probably completed but not stated.
ADR: None

That if you don't get back from IRCC within this period, he/she( your MP) of your riding will get back with IRCC in 3months time.

But that shouldn't stop you from disturbing them with mails and webform. Some MP's put this date so you won't be disturbing them alot with your mail request as they have other tasks to do.
Don't worry, it shall end in praises

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by KellyKk: 1:38pm On Apr 13, 2022
God !!!! I’m just lamenting today ooooo
Medical request at last !!!!

29 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Papapa1234: 1:43pm On Apr 13, 2022
Thank you Ketima..I appreciate you always

For the bolded,I meant the school said they cant keep tuition deposit for more than eight months and I paid my tuition in February,and since deferral isnt possible for September it means it would have been more than eight months by January...
I am waiting for their response as regards deferring to Janaury...
Tbh....I dont mind January...

Thank you Ketima
Ketima:

Hello Papapa,

What do you mean by the bolded? You may need to explain that for better understanding.

Nevertheless, to avoid last minute rush you can defer to January if you get a nod from your school that you can differ to January. Many I know here got theirs last year Sept and they deferred to this year Sept. And they're waiting, taking their time to plan their movement.

So in a nutshell, if you won't regret differing your admission when PPR comes just after differing, then go ahead when you school gives a nod.

All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Johnvee11: 1:44pm On Apr 13, 2022
Afolavid:

https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en

Pls what is this invite code help a brother

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by FAVANA: 1:51pm On Apr 13, 2022
Thank God o, PPR soon
KellyKk:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Holuwatoyin201(f): 1:54pm On Apr 13, 2022
Good afternoon to my brothers in the house,
@makano, @ketima & other gurus,
Pls I would like to know is Conestoga college have their personal agent which they use in visa processing, I was informed the school has some agent they use for visa processing for their student.

Thank you, as I await your response.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by samuelcrestor: 1:58pm On Apr 13, 2022
amila20042001:
Legacyedition gave a beautiful review of the airline in his Landing Gist.

However, he complained that while traveling from England to Canada after the layover, all the passengers were Whites and as a result he didnt hear PIM because of the wide gap in ACCENT. e come be like say he no dey hear English again. wink wink wink

E good now �� make dem no sha stress me and I wan confirm if I go need transit visa

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Samxx: 1:59pm On Apr 13, 2022
if you still have access to your student portal login and generate student copy , it's 1261 and you can pay with your card , if you are using it for to apply for admission schools accept that pending the time you can go to school and request for official copy to sent to the school.

nana101:
Good morning all. Can someone be kind enough to link me up with someone to help me process my transcript really fast from unilag. Thank you ��
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Iamgrac: 2:00pm On Apr 13, 2022
Good afternoon everyone,

Is it advisable to pay 10,000cad out of a tution fee of 33,000 cad
The reason I want to pay the tution fee, is the fear of being refused based on financial capability
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by omariam: 2:10pm On Apr 13, 2022
KellyKk:
Congratulations. PPR coming very soon by God's grace.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by MJ1000: 2:31pm On Apr 13, 2022
PPR Loading grin grin

KellyKk:

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Afolavid: 2:36pm On Apr 13, 2022
KellyKk:

Your lamentations paid off!!! grin Give them the medical and collect your PPR. wink

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Tupalo(f): 2:37pm On Apr 13, 2022
Afolavid

Thanks so much, I really do appreciate but what type of proof can I saw that she has been sponsoring me cause it been 3years now I finished my undergraduate and she has stopped sending money to as I told her not to because I now have business am doing... Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Afolavid: 2:39pm On Apr 13, 2022
Johnvee11:

Pls what is this invite code help a brother

Get your invite code here -
https://ircc.canada.ca/visit-visiter/en/get-account-ircc-portal
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Uzoamaka123: 2:43pm On Apr 13, 2022
Thank you so so much .
I genuinely appreciate your advice .
Would put all these down and build on them and add to my sop.

God bless you .
Ketima:

Hello Uzoamaka,

Home tie isn't just only family and for the fact that you're entire family is in USA, you can use that to your advantage.

Let me give you question you can answer that will help you take your family in USA as advantage.

1). All my(you) family is in the USA but I have chosen to go study in Canada when USA could have been easy for me to stay back after after studies. Elaborate on this. Think deep on this and come up with answers that will act in your favor to portray you just want to come to Canada, study and go back.

2). How long have your family been in the USA and only you in Nigeria? Use this to link to your business and prove why you have stayed back in Nigeria to promote and grow your business and that of your family(if any).

For family ties, do your brother, family have business in Nigeria or properties that you can say you manage for them in their absence? Be creative in your application ok.

Other home ties includes, job/work ties, businesses, assets and investment, professional organization tie ( are you member of a group, expecially in your area of study, religion group( though considered of less weight but it helps too), non governmental voluntary organization like red cross, rotary etc.

So add all that will prove you have an economic/financial ties to your country that will warrant you to come back home.

For your brother(sponsor), you have to add his pay studs, employment letter and all related to his job to show his weekly/monthly income which will enable the VO understand he can actually support your Studies.

That's my little opinion. Let gurus in the house advice you the more.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Best256: 3:00pm On Apr 13, 2022
MightyRance:

If it's a CO-OP, the answer is YES

If it's not a CO-OP, the answer is NO

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Halyshia: 3:09pm On Apr 13, 2022
Jacklens:
Good morning, all.
Application submitted via old portal.
Biometric requested, and booked appointment.
Medical - showing 'Not Required'.
Should this not be a concern to me?

However, I have gone ahead to do medical with IOM.
How will the results be communicated to them?
Any advice...please?
the status will change when they get you medicals, IOM will send the result to the embassy, u will be given e-medical slip after your medical exam, upload it to IRCC via webform.. I hope I am able to help

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Josh3322: 3:11pm On Apr 13, 2022
We have the same story. I applied since nov 11th and I am about to complete my first term online.
quin9:

3months ke!
I’m a Nov 21st applicant,I have finished 1st term online,had to take a break off the 2nd term,ordered notes since Feb 3rd I never see am.I just ordered another one through another source.
It’s becoming really draining,it would end in praise for us all IJN.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Theben(m): 3:14pm On Apr 13, 2022
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kennyjoy(m): 3:27pm On Apr 13, 2022
amila20042001:
for subsequent funds, how you take dey source am?

abeg give us firsthand info

I mean how do u source for FX with the naira in ur bank acc

I already deposited some fund$ to my dollar acct before leaving.

Alternatively, when you arrive you can download a financeApp eg (LemonadefinanceApp), where you will fund your Naira wallet via bank transfer through your Nigeria bank account then covert the NGN to CAD wallet still in the app and transfer to your Canadian account via interac e transfer.

Also, I heard there is a Nigerian group where people exchange naira to cad but at your own risk.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Wealthh: 3:47pm On Apr 13, 2022
KellyKk:
Ghen ghen ��PPR loading
IRCC pls I’m begging you with God’s name,show me true love this week����
#Nov26Applicant

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by amila20042001: 3:52pm On Apr 13, 2022
Do you know the rate with the lemonadefinanceapp?

kennyjoy:

I already deposited some fund$ to my dollar acct before leaving.

Alternatively, when you arrive you can download a financeApp eg (LemonadefinanceApp), where you will fund your Naira wallet via bank transfer through your Nigeria bank account then covert the NGN to CAD wallet still in the app and transfer to your Canadian account via interac e transfer.

Also, I heard there is a Nigerian group where people exchange naira to cad but at your own risk.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 1manuel(m): 4:00pm On Apr 13, 2022
kanyin10:
pls who is going to Saskatchewan dis April ..

Yes link up with @danikcm
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 4:05pm On Apr 13, 2022
amila20042001:
Do you know the rate with the lemonadefinanceapp?

it’s was high some days back I checked around 472-475 a dollar

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lezy: 4:05pm On Apr 13, 2022
Does Canada accepts GIC from micro finance for student visa?

ninab:

Guaranteed investment certificate

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Deejom07: 4:10pm On Apr 13, 2022
Thank you Osemigbo,

I always enjoying your detailed and practical explanation on issues here, God bless you real good.

Osemigho:

I know about the 1+1 strategy. I also know about almost all PNP program except the NB program you mention. I also have friends that have applied to them. The fatest of them all is the alberta one (AINP) with processing often less than 3 months. However, you can only apply if alberta invites you to apply. Most graduate don't get AINP until 6 months or one year after graduation. SINP processing can take up to 1 year. MPNP processing often goes over 1 year.

Do you also know PNP is not PR? You also have to wait for IRCC to invite you and process your PR after your PNP approval. I am sure you know IRCC timeliness. You can not remain out of status between the processing.

I also know that your study permit condition don't expire at graduation. It is about 4 months after you complete the program aka end of your final semester. You are required to notify IRCC and apply for PGWP after you complete the program. Don't confuse completion with graduation. Graduation can be up to six months or 1 year after you complete the program.

It is one thing to read something online. The reality can be sharply different. If you doubt, you should ask yourself if IRCC usually stand with the normal processing time for student visa you are applying for. I focus more on reality when I advise future applicants.

I appreciate your tenacity though. It shows you have read and knowledgeable than most applicants. That is what gave some of us hope to persist in the past. When you come in, you will understand why canadians prefer experience over knowledge. Tip: experience is often very different from what you read or study.

At the end, we are all here to help one another. I rest this case. All the best. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CentennialGuy: 5:09pm On Apr 13, 2022
buckyfof:
Guys, what is really happening?

Sometimes it feels like they have taken a break no one knows about.

The same people we see everyday waiting for a response are the same people still waiting day by day.

I don't even think mails work anymore. Webform is just formality at this point.

Most people will be resuming spring next month and they have no clue about what stage their application is right now.

At this point, pray silently, fast and hope for the best.

It's better for them to take time and be approved than for them to rush your app and be denied.

It will end in praise for everyone waiting.

I kinda feel feel there will be a avalanche of PPR tomorrow or next week Thursday.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Belle110: 5:18pm On Apr 13, 2022
Omo, I am resuming May 2 and my app has not shifted from eligibility review. Tears>> I have even lost focus on some things, once I wake up every morning like this, it is just PPR on my mind. I just want a decision abeg... so I can focus on other aspects of life. embarassed

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by MrsOwoks: 5:38pm On Apr 13, 2022
Belle110:
Omo, I am resuming May 2 and my app has not shifted from eligibility review. Tears>> I have even lost focus on some things, once I wake up every morning like this, it is just PPR on my mind. I just want a decision abeg... so I can focus on other aspects of life. embarassed

I feel every bit of your message and you are not alone, it is well my dear and it will be worth the wait by Gods grace embarassed we will rejoice soon! I’ve been waiting since November so I understand you perfectly.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Bolanle18090040: 5:40pm On Apr 13, 2022
Please house who can help me out to explain my study gap for 7 years
I finished secondary school in 2015 and wrote jamb 4times got admission in 2019 but due to the strike it’s like a delay for me
So I want to go for a diploma in hospitality management
how can I explain my study gap ?
Any explanation thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) ... (920)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.