Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,869 members, 7,828,096 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (375) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (919039 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by lilangel20: 5:20pm On Apr 12, 2022
Thank you so much
CentennialGuy:

Same thing applies. Just focus on tackling the other negative factors the VO identified. Travel history is just one thing and you are not going to manufacture it over night unless you have money to quickly go to Dubai, spend a few days there and return to apply but I don't think it is necessary even though a friend of mine is currently doing this before submitting his application.

There are many other factors that needs to be address to land this PPR as we all know and you can just focus on that.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Belle110: 5:47pm On Apr 12, 2022
teejhaay:

Thanks, what's your timeline too?

I submitted my app on Jan 15
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Havre: 5:55pm On Apr 12, 2022
When did you get approved?

Belle110:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ishoba: 6:02pm On Apr 12, 2022
Hello people,
I need to know if there is still any Canada university still open for admission for this year intake for masters degree.
Please help me!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jeffi7: 6:05pm On Apr 12, 2022
1. PLS is it possible to carry Naira to Canada and change it to Canadian dollars at the airport upon arrival or at their banks?

2. How can one gets foreign currency to spend in Canada in the absence of PTA?

3. Does our Mastercard ATM work in Canada currently and what is the daily limit?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Iamgrac: 6:14pm On Apr 12, 2022
Good evening everyone,

So I'm trying to apply to centennial college for my nephew who is 16 years old and will be 17 by june
But in the online application form for centennial college I can't pick a date of birth lesser than 17, is there anything that can be done to this, I really need answers to this because time is no longer on our side
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 160485(f): 6:16pm On Apr 12, 2022
Jeffi7:
1. PLS is it possible to carry Naira to Canada and change it to Canadian dollars at the airport upon arrival or at their banks?

3. Does our Mastercard ATM work in Canada currently and what is the daily limit?

Thanks

Apply for upkeep through the bank.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Azedolf: 6:26pm On Apr 12, 2022
Hello, i just received this message from one of the mps in manitoba i sent message to regarding my study visa application, I don't know how I can address this so they can help me out

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Scott99tish(m): 6:29pm On Apr 12, 2022
You don’t need to give any story.
You’ve never traveled out of this country before.

State it.
If you see how I stated mine, You will grant me too. Lol
Chubbyface:
Abeg what reasons can someone give in not having a travel history abroad. I don tire to dey think of why I never travel before sad

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Scott99tish(m): 6:30pm On Apr 12, 2022
Sweet. Congrats
Gift212:
Stamped Passport has arrived (sent to abuja on the 4th, had a little hiccup, finally got delivered on Thursday the 7th. Sent back yesterday the 11th).
LOI dropped an hour or so after I received the delivery.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Filanodivine(m): 6:31pm On Apr 12, 2022
Filanodivine:
Please can you all look at this breakdown before I submit.

Tuition is CAD 18,000 a year

Living expenses is CAD 10,000 a year

Miscellaneous is CAD 2,000 a year

Total for one year is 18,000 + 10,000 + 2,000 = CAD 30,000

Its for a 2-year postgraduate program. I finished university two years ago and just completed NYSC. I am single in my 20s.

Me – I am doing two side hustles. The first is the family business. I was assisting Brother A who runs this business. I used to receive stipend but no more because I moved on to another side hustle which I am doing currently. The second side hustle is with Brother B, he deals in office supplies. For this one, I receive some payment into my account from customers and also my stipend.

Proof of funds –

[1] Primary sponsor. I am using brother A because he is in charge of family business and owns his own company. I am using his own company statement of account. N20milllion balance = CAD 60,000 (but enough turnover each month).

[2] I do not intend to mention Brother B and this second side hustle in my application because Brother A has already stepped in.

[3] Secondary sponsor is my brother in-law. He is a businessman, we are quite close and he wants to help me further my studies. I am using his own company statement of account. N27 million balance = CAD 80,000 (but high turnover of hundreds of millions each month).

[4] Not sure about using my bank account which reflects payments from the second side hustle with Brother B. This account has a balance of N1.1 million = CAD 3,000(with over up to 4-8millions turnover per month)

NB: Also adding our family house (not my property sha) as an asset.

Home ties – I am coming back to fully join Brother A in running the family business, he needs someone to assist him with the family business because he has his own company too to manage. I actually like the family business remember I was involved before. I moved to the second side hustle with brother B because I changed location.

My question – What do you think about my proof of funds, and being company accounts? Should I add my own personal account – my issue with this is that it shows payments from the second side hustles which I didn’t include in my application. What about using a family house as an asset? How is my home ties? I would appreciate any feedback.

Please guys I’m waiting for your advice on this..@ketima and @destinationcann.. you both shared your view and asked questions too.. this is how my profile looks like..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Scott99tish(m): 6:33pm On Apr 12, 2022
Probably you didn’t properly specify that you’re coming for studies.

So you don’t need their stated entity for study.
State your school as the entity then. Also attach your acceptance letter.

Azedolf:
Hello, i just received this message from one of the mps in manitoba i sent message to regarding my study visa application, I don't know how I can address this so they can help me out

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by teejhaay: 6:42pm On Apr 12, 2022
Belle110:

Good news for us soon

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nitand2(f): 6:50pm On Apr 12, 2022
Hello guys please I received this reply from of the MPs i mailed in Manitoba, after which I told her am coming to study at Manitoba. And I also attached my admission letter and Application submitted prove
Please I need ideas from the guru's here ooo

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nitand2(f): 6:53pm On Apr 12, 2022
@azedolf I received this too few minutes ago from same person.
Wen was ur own Application submitted and are u also resuming by May 9
Azedolf:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ketima: 7:06pm On Apr 12, 2022
Filanodivine:
Please can you all look at this breakdown before I submit.

Tuition is CAD 18,000 a year

Total for one year is 18,000 + 10,000 + 2,000 = CAD 30,000

Its for a 2-year postgraduate program. I finished university two years ago and just completed NYSC. I am single in my 20s.

Me – I am doing two side hustles. The first is the family business. I was assisting Brother A who runs this business. I used to receive stipend but no more because I moved on to another side hustle which I am doing currently. The second side hustle is with Brother B, he deals in office supplies. For this one, I receive some payment into my account from customers and also my stipend.

Proof of funds –

[1] Primary sponsor. I am using brother A because he is in charge of family business and owns his own company. I am using his own company statement of account. N20milllion balance = CAD 60,000 (but enough turnover each month).

[2] I do not intend to mention Brother B and this second side hustle in my application because Brother A has already stepped in.

[3] Secondary sponsor is my brother in-law. He is a businessman, we are quite close and he wants to help me further my studies. I am using his own company statement of account. N27 million balance = CAD 80,000 (but high turnover of hundreds of millions each month).

[4] Not sure about using my bank account which reflects payments from the second side hustle with Brother B. This account has a balance of N1.1 million = CAD 3,000(with over up to 4-8millions turnover per month)

NB: Also adding our family house (not my property sha) as an asset.

Home ties – I am coming back to fully join Brother A in running the family business, he needs someone to assist him with the family business because he has his own company too to manage. I actually like the family business remember I was involved before. I moved to the second side hustle with brother B because I changed location.

My question – What do you think about my proof of funds, and being company accounts? Should I add my own personal account – my issue with this is that it shows payments from the second side hustles which I didn’t include in my application. What about using a family house as an asset? How is my home ties? I would appreciate any feedback.

Hello Filanodivine,

My inputs

1). From your money statement, your total cost per year is CAD$30,000. Being a 2yeae course, you're looking at roughly CAD$60,000 max, which is exactly what your brother has in his account.

Qa). Is your brother A married with kids to take care of. Is not about him showing funds in his account only but also how can he use all the money in his account to fund your education to the detriment of his own immediate family upkeep and welfare.
Qb). Have you made any Financial commitment like tuition payment, GIC etc?

The reason I asked the above question is the cost of your studies is relatively exactly the total amount in your brother's account. So if you have made some payments to the school, that will help in a way to show commitment to actually want to study and also show that the 60k in your brother account will be sufficient.

2) As regards your in-law wanting to help, I would advice let him send sum funds to your brother A account. Your brother A account is used to lumpsum so explaining the source of lumpsum won't be an issue. So in a nutshell, scrap the idea of sponsor 2(in-law). Let him send the fund to your brother A, so he can act as sole sposnor.

3). Why would you want to hide an account that has 1.1 million because you don't want to show your account. You want to prove to VO that you're established but at the other hand still hiding things that will show that you're established in your home country. You need to come out clean and truthful to the VO. If you hide your work and account details from VO and he/she now asks for updated SOA, how then will you tackle it when initially you had submitted and omitted the info intentionally.

Misrepresentation is real oo. Play safe. One thing about hiding info is you better have backup plan that will always not backfire.

You have good home and economic ties. Just work on them properly in your SOP and you're good to go.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by aghocourage(m): 7:21pm On Apr 12, 2022
princetigris:
Hello.
Who is staying in Doon/Kitchener or moving to Conestoga College to study? I need to know how to get a place to stay starting in September.

Can you drop email or WhatsApp so we connect...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Azedolf: 7:23pm On Apr 12, 2022
Okay thanks, I'll do that now
Scott99tish:
Probably you didn’t properly specify that you’re coming for studies.

So you don’t need their stated entity for study.
State your school as the entity then. Also attach your acceptance letter.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Belle110: 7:30pm On Apr 12, 2022
teejhaay:

Good news for us soon

Amen!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Osemigho: 7:48pm On Apr 12, 2022
OOGUNKO:
Good morning all, thank you for the great info being supplied here. I have a unique situation and will be glad if I can get some advice:
I got a college admission and have submitted my visa application since January, I'm still awaiting decision and the program is to start by May. However, along the line I got a fully funded admission in another university starting in September and I will like to go to this new school.
My question is will it be okay to defer the college admission after I land in Canada then change DLI in September? Will that have any effect on the conditions of my study permit and subsequently on getting a visa extension and PGWP?

I think you can update your school in an ongoing application. You may want to tey that option with an updated SOP/LOE. This may be a good option if both courses are the same or related. After approval, you will need to attend and be actively studying (AKA paid some school fees and register courses) before changing DLI.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Filanodivine(m): 7:51pm On Apr 12, 2022
Ketima:

Hello Filanodivine,

My inputs

1). From your money statement, your total cost per year is CAD$30,000. Being a 2yeae course, you're looking at roughly CAD$60,000 max, which is exactly what your brother has in his account.

Qa). Is your brother A married with kids to take care of. Is not about him showing funds in his account only but also how can he use all the money in his account to fund your education to the detriment of his own immediate family upkeep and welfare.
Qb). Have you made any Financial commitment like tuition payment, GIC etc?

The reason I asked the above question is the cost of your studies is relatively exactly the total amount in your brother's account. So if you have made some payments to the school, that will help in a way to show commitment to actually want to study and also show that the 60k in your brother account will be sufficient.

2) As regards your in-law wanting to help, I would advice let him send sum funds to your brother A account. Your brother A account is used to lumpsum so explaining the source of lumpsum won't be an issue. So in a nutshell, scrap the idea of sponsor 2(in-law). Let him send the fund to your brother A, so he can act as sole sposnor.

3). Why would you want to hide an account that has 1.1 million because you don't want to show your account. You want to prove to VO that you're established but at the other hand still hiding things that will show that you're established in your home country. You need to come out clean and truthful to the VO. If you hide your work and account details from VO and he/she now asks for updated SOA, how then will you tackle it when initially you had submitted and omitted the info intentionally.

Misrepresentation is real oo. Play safe. One thing about hiding info is you better have backup plan that will always not backfire.

You have good home and economic ties. Just work on them properly in your SOP and you're good to go.

Thank you so much. Your feedback has bee very helpful.

[Qa] Yes, brother A is married with two kids, all under 5 years old. Its CAD 60,000 at the moment but you know money comes in all the time. I don’t know how much is in his personal bank account, remember it’s his company account I am using. I imagine his personal account handles his family expenses. Should I include his personal bank statement?

[Qb] Yes, I have paid CAD 10,000 to the school. That will reduce the first year tuition. Let me do the breakdown again:

Tuition is CAD 18,000 minus CAD 10,000 already paid = CAD 8,000 balance first year

Total for one year is 8,000 + 10,000 + 2,000 = CAD 20,000, and CAD 30,000 second year.
GRAND TOTAL OF CAD 50,000 for the duration of the program.

[2] About the second sponsor, I will tell him to just give me the money upfront through my Brother A. I will remove him from the application.

[3] My intent is not to hide or misrepresent facts, it’s just not to have too many things in my application. However, if its okay to add that part, I will add it. That’s not a problem. So to add this part, the side hustle and my account statement, I should ask Brother B to bring his company documents and company statement of account right?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 7:51pm On Apr 12, 2022
Jeffi7:

Thanks

I opened a dollar account here in Nigeria, still waiting for the dollar card, Naira debit card will disappoint you like this I am searching for how to get a hardware token

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kennyjoy(m): 8:02pm On Apr 12, 2022
Jeffi7:

Thanks

1. Yes you can, but the naira as to be in your naira bank account not in cash. Once you arrived you can use lemonadeApp where you change your Naira to CAD, and then transfer through interac- etransfer to your Canadian account.

2. No idea, either you apply for PTA or source $ from Aboki’s which is black market rate.

3. Abeg forget about that naira master-card, monthly limit is 20$.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Odoziaku1: 8:07pm On Apr 12, 2022
My bro is starting this May… Wana connect with him?

aghocourage:

Can you drop email or WhatsApp so we connect...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Scott99tish(m): 8:27pm On Apr 12, 2022
Good Evening all,

Quick question; Like how much is the Minimal amount I can carry to Canada.

I don’t intend giving aboki money so I just want to carry small money Incase. I wish I’m not carry any dollar sef.

But can anyone help me with the lowest required money to hold since PTA is out of it.

Regards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ami213: 8:35pm On Apr 12, 2022
Hi @Azedolf! Could you please blur your details because this is a faceless forum.

Azedolf:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Faeyth: 9:22pm On Apr 12, 2022
[quote author=Olashile147 post=111742654]

Which course are you planning to apply for?

Masters in Data Science and Analytics
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Johnbravo1994: 9:23pm On Apr 12, 2022
The maximum to carry to Canada is $10,000 Cad dollar
Scott99tish:
Good Evening all,

Quick question; Like how much is the Minimal amount I can carry to Canada.

I don’t intend giving aboki money so I just want to carry small money Incase. I wish I’m not carry any dollar sef.

But can anyone help me with the lowest required money to hold since PTA is out of it.

Regards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Abby212: 9:26pm On Apr 12, 2022
Please o, teach us. How did you explain it. quote author=Scott99tish post=111886709]You don’t need to give any story.
You’ve never travel out of this country before.

State it.
If you see how I stated mine, You will grant me too. Lol [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jeffi7: 9:30pm On Apr 12, 2022
PLS WHAT IS THE PROCESS OF GETTING UPKEEP THROUGH THE BANK

2. IS IT DIFFERENT FROM PTA?

3. HOW DO ONE QUALIFY FOR UPKEEP ?

Apply for upkeep through the bank.[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Azedolf: 9:30pm On Apr 12, 2022
Yes my application was submitted on feb 7 2022
Nitand2:
@azedolf I received this too few minutes ago from same person.
Wen was ur own Application submitted and are u also resuming by May 9
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Azedolf: 9:34pm On Apr 12, 2022
Done, thanks
ami213:
Hi @Azedolf! Could you please blur your details because this is a faceless forum.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) ... (920)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.