Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,853 members, 7,851,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 10:06 AM

Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Intra-City Train Tickets Won’t Be Above ₦250 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Intra-City Train Tickets Won’t Be Above ₦250 (17493 Views)

Sanwo-Olu: Lagos To Give Ndubuisi Kanu A Befitting Burial / Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Is Ready To Deliver 4th Mainland Bridge / Lagos To Launch Intra-city Lines By 2020 To Reduce Traffic Congestion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Intra-City Train Tickets Won’t Be Above ₦250 by aribisala0(m): 3:59pm On Jan 28, 2022
Germi9:

Thats a technical question, the Government can make things happen if they really want to,but if i may ask,apart from generating revenues and taxing the poor masses,what else can our government offer?
How is it "technical"

It is not technical at all . It is a sustainability question.
You said 250 naira is "too much" and I am curious as to the basis for this

If the service is to be operated as a going concern then expenses should not exceed revenues .There must be money for maintenance and replacement of coaches when they reach their life span

So the question of whether 250 is too much must be based on something and also an idea of what is the right price
All this must be based on some data/figures
This service is a government offering isn't it ? It cannot be free. I believe that there is some borrowed money involved. How will that be paid back?
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Intra-City Train Tickets Won’t Be Above ₦250 by Khaysee: 4:01pm On Jan 28, 2022
Nigeria next president is already popular
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Intra-City Train Tickets Won’t Be Above ₦250 by Germi9: 4:16pm On Jan 28, 2022
aribisala0:
How is it "technical"

It is not technical at all . It is a sustainability question.
You said 250 naira is "too much" and I am curious as to the basis for this

If the service is to be operated as a going concern then expenses should not exceed revenues .There must be money for maintenance and replacement of coaches when they reach their life span

So the question of whether 250 is too much must be based on something and also an idea of what is the right price
All this must be based on some data/figures
This service is a government offering isn't it ? It cannot be free. I believe that there is some borrowed money involved. How will that be paid back?
The issue of Government is technical especially in this part of the world where government are shy of their responsibilities,you talk about loans and stuffs but you forget that other countries take loans too even America but the difference is that what they use their Monies for are visible even to the least man in the bush, so i ask you , what have you gained from the government since 1960 cos am sure they didn’t sponsor your education and am sure you can not even travel by land right now. so my point is that# 250 is still too much if they (government) really listen to the yernings of the people,do you know that some families can’t even boast of a #100 ?the train is a long term investment and not otherwise it will be a bad business if all they see as a government is to drain the people haba!! na..within lagos, inside lagos per head #250,if i carry luggage that means na better billing o
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Intra-City Train Tickets Won’t Be Above ₦250 by aribisala0(m): 4:27pm On Jan 28, 2022
Germi9:

The issue of Government is technical especially in this part of the world where government are shy of their responsibilities,you talk about loans and stuffs but you forget that other countries take loans too even America but the difference is that what they use their Monies for are visible even to the least man in the bush, so i ask you , what have you gained from the government since 1960 cos am sure they didn’t sponsor your education and am sure you can not even travel by land right now. so my point is that# 250 is still too much if they (government) really listen to the yernings of the people,do you know that some families can’t even boast of a #100 ?the train is a long term investment and not otherwise it will be a bad business if all they see as a government is to drain the people haba!! na..within lagos, inside lagos per head #250,if i carry luggage that means na better billing o
Technical implies a particular field of expertise so can you be specific what you mean. Technical in what field?

All those points are irrelevant .Government does not have infinite funds. They borrowed money to pay for this facility so

The money to pay back has to come EITHER from the fares or somewherelse

So you need to be clear where you stand

If 250 does not cover the loan repayments where do you propose government gets the money to pay the loans
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Intra-City Train Tickets Won’t Be Above ₦250 by Germi9: 4:38pm On Jan 28, 2022
aribisala0:
Technical implies a particular field of expertise so can you be specific what you mean. Technical in what field?

All those points are irrelevant .Government does not have infinite funds. They borrowed money to pay for this facility so

The money to pay back has to come EITHER from the fares or somewherelse

So you need to be clear where you stand

If 250 does not cover the loan repayments where do you propose government gets the money to pay the loans
Its a long term project,sensible government won’t act what you just stated, to Luxembourg , they operate on free transportation and if Lagos state that boast to be the 3rd largest economy in west Africa can’t reduce its train fare other than #250, maybe you are impressed but sorry i am not
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Intra-City Train Tickets Won’t Be Above ₦250 by aribisala0(m): 4:45pm On Jan 28, 2022
Germi9:

Its a long term project,sensible government won’t act what you just stated, to Luxembourg , they operate on free transportation and if Lagos state that boast to be the 3rd largest economy in west Africa can’t reduce its train fare other than #250, maybe you are impressed but sorry i am not
Luxembourg is a silly and inapproriate comparison

The GDP per capita in Luxembourg is $110000
Compared to Nigeria with $2360

In other words the Average Nigerian produces 5 times less.

than the average Luxembourg citizen

I am not impressed or unimpressed .

I am realistic . You have to pay your bills
There is no free ride.
WHERE WILL THE MONEY COME FROM?
You are only offering emotional nonsense

If you want trains you have to pay for it
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Intra-City Train Tickets Won’t Be Above ₦250 by Germi9: 4:52pm On Jan 28, 2022
aribisala0:
Luxembourg is a silly and inapproriate comparison

The GDP per capita in Luxembourg is $110000
Compared to Nigeria with $2360

In other words the Average Nigerian produces 5 times less.

than the average Luxembourg citizen

I am not impressed or unimpressed .

I am realistic . You have to pay your bills
There is no free ride.
WHERE WILL THE MONEY COME FROM?
You are only offering emotional nonsense

If you want trains you have to pay for it
Nobody is asking for a free ride ,but the government should strive to do better and Yes i think your government should bury their heads in Shame because same Luxembourg you don’t want to be compared with took the bull by the horn by growing their GDP but what do you do in your country display irresponsibility. Again you talked about what the average Nigerian produces? Haha!!! Maybe you really need to go do your research well…
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Intra-City Train Tickets Won’t Be Above ₦250 by aribisala0(m): 4:57pm On Jan 28, 2022
Germi9:

Nobody is asking for a free ride ,but the government should strive to do better and Yes i think your government should bury their heads in Shame because same Luxembourg you don’t want to be compared with took the bull by the horn by growing their GDP but what do you do in your country display irresponsibility. Again you talked about what the average Nigerian produces? Haha!!! Maybe you really need to go do your research well…
My government? My country ?

You sound foolish. Why is it more of my government than yours
If it is not your country or your government why are you here?

The reality of 2021 is what it is .

We must deal with reality not fantasy
We are not Luxembourg

You sound like a foolish Teenager asking his father why he is not as rich as Dangote
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Intra-City Train Tickets Won’t Be Above ₦250 by Germi9: 5:19pm On Jan 28, 2022
aribisala0:
My government? My country ?

You sound foolish. Why is it more of my government than yours
If it is not your country or your government why are you here?

The reality of 2021 is what it is .

We must deal with reality not fantasy
We are not Luxembourg

You sound like a foolish Teenager asking his father why he is not as rich as Dangote

Well i actually fancied our conversations even if we didn’t agree ,but insulting me and Mentioning my father in is what i won’t forgive you on..my choice of words were not targeted at you ,so why the insults ?and for the records i am way older than you, show some respect..this is the reason i don’t like NL
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Intra-City Train Tickets Won’t Be Above ₦250 by aribisala0(m): 5:22pm On Jan 28, 2022
Germi9:

Well i actually fancied our conversations even if we didn’t agree ,but insulting me and Mentioning my father in is what i won’t forgive you on..my choice of words were not targeted at you ,so why the insults ?and for the records i am way older than you, show some respect..this is the reason i don’t like NL
You are also not literate
I never mentioned your father

Stop whining and stop talking rubbish
You won't forgive me?

What impact does your forgiveness have on me ? You are a petty small minded ignoramus

How do you know that your father is older than me before you say you are older than me?
Was he present at my naming ceremony?
You are weak

Do not make foolish assumptions

Your words were foolish

What do you mean by my government, my country? If it is not yours why are you here?
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Intra-City Train Tickets Won’t Be Above ₦250 by Germi9: 5:25pm On Jan 28, 2022
aribisala0:
You are also not literate
I never mentioned your father

Stop whining and stop talking rubbish
You won't forgive me?

What impact does your forgiveness have on me ? You are a petty small minded ignoramus

How do you know that your father is older than me before you say you are older than me?

You are weak

Do not make foolish assumptions
You are a bitter man, am not the cause of your misfortunes , so get the fvck outta my mention ,if i saw you i would have showed you how to respect your elders
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Intra-City Train Tickets Won’t Be Above ₦250 by aribisala0(m): 5:28pm On Jan 28, 2022
Germi9:

You are a bitter man, am not the cause of your misfortunes , so get the fvck outta my mention ,if i saw you i would have showed you how to respect your elders
And what makes you my elder? You think you are but that is just foolishness
Do you know me? Is it with mouth they become elder? Oponu afofun gbemu!!
Who is the cause of your predicament? Not me!!
If you saw me? If you saw me can you stand? You come online and become a lion
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Intra-City Train Tickets Won’t Be Above ₦250 by Germi9: 5:33pm On Jan 28, 2022
aribisala0:
And what makes you my elder? You think you are but that is just foolishness
Do you know me?
Who is the cause of your predicament? Not me!!
Do i even care whom you are ? Who’s interested..go to your father who is related to a Monkey ah ah no wonder you look so ugly
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Intra-City Train Tickets Won’t Be Above ₦250 by aribisala0(m): 5:36pm On Jan 28, 2022
Germi9:

Do i even care whom you are ? Who’s interested..go to your father who is related to a Monkey ah ah no wonder you look so ugly
Did not take long to get you to show your real colours hahahaha

You lack wisdom and common sense
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Intra-City Train Tickets Won’t Be Above ₦250 by Germi9: 5:45pm On Jan 28, 2022
aribisala0:
Did not take long to get you to show your real colours hahahaha

You lack wisdom and common sense
Oyes!!! I will give it to you P4P kid ,i can play with kids but hey!! I beat kids too, so its up to you.. so tell, how did your father become so ugly like a Monkey?
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Intra-City Train Tickets Won’t Be Above ₦250 by aribisala0(m): 5:47pm On Jan 28, 2022
Germi9:

Oyes!!! I will give it to you P4P kid ,i can play with kids but hey!! I beat kids too, so its up to you.. so tell, how did your father become so ugly like a Monkey?
Me I do not beat with mouth
If I beat you you will feel the impact in reality
It is not internet gibble gabble

You are a childish nonentity
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Intra-City Train Tickets Won’t Be Above ₦250 by Germi9: 5:51pm On Jan 28, 2022
aribisala0:
Me I do not beat with mouth
If I beat you you will feel the impact in reality
It is not internet gibble gabble

You are a childish nonentity
I will first beat your father for wasting his semen on you and then tell my younger one to give you 72 strokes with his belt ,i can’t touch you now, you are too small for me na your papa i wan beat
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Intra-City Train Tickets Won’t Be Above ₦250 by aribisala0(m): 5:53pm On Jan 28, 2022
Germi9:

I will first beat your father for wasting his semen on you and then tell my younger one to give you 72 strokes with his belt ,i can’t touch you now, you are too small for me na your papa i wan beat
See elder......................
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Intra-City Train Tickets Won’t Be Above ₦250 by Germi9: 5:58pm On Jan 28, 2022
aribisala0:
See elder......................

Next time you won’t jump on people’s mention and start misbehaving like a lost puppy,
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Intra-City Train Tickets Won’t Be Above ₦250 by aribisala0(m): 6:03pm On Jan 28, 2022
Germi9:

Next time you won’t jump on people’s mention and start misbehaving like a lost puppy,
are you not ridiculous
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Intra-City Train Tickets Won’t Be Above ₦250 by Germi9: 6:05pm On Jan 28, 2022
aribisala0:
are you not ridiculous
Get lost
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Intra-City Train Tickets Won’t Be Above ₦250 by aribisala0(m): 6:06pm On Jan 28, 2022
Germi9:

Get lost
You are already lost
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Intra-City Train Tickets Won’t Be Above ₦250 by Hiq0: 6:57pm On Jan 28, 2022
Oh
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Intra-City Train Tickets Won’t Be Above ₦250 by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jan 28, 2022
Beedude:

But on a norms, train as a means of transportation is cheaper than bus or taxi. I think since train accomodate more people then it will still yeild profit. Main reason MOLUE is cheaper than DANFO
danfo from oshodi to Ikeja #100 brt 250 check am nah.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Intra-City Train Tickets Won’t Be Above ₦250 by Beedude(m): 9:16pm On Jan 28, 2022
atarapa:
danfo from oshodi to Ikeja #100 brt 250 check am nah.
I am not talking about BRT. We have Molue (TATA & Red buses) that are not BRT. Ask price from Ikorodu to Oshodi or Ojota
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Intra-City Train Tickets Won’t Be Above ₦250 by Eaglesence: 10:49pm On Jan 28, 2022
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Intra-City Train Tickets Won’t Be Above ₦250 by SecretPerv: 3:31pm On Jan 29, 2022
ogododo:

De one wey Fashola inspected for Canada since 2011 never arrive Apapa wharf.

It is already at the Iganmu Station... But you didn't know that so you said this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Declining Economic Activities Worrisome – CBN / Radio Biafra Launched In America / El-rufai's Fan Constructs A Wooden Plane For Governor In Kaduna (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.