Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Wike Decries Supreme Court Delay In Resolving VAT Dispute - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Decries Supreme Court Delay In Resolving VAT Dispute (9668 Views)

Wike Decries The Role Of The Military In The 2019 Rivers Governorship Election / Governor Wike Decries The Destruction Of The Judiciary By The APC Federal Govern / Wike Decries Amaechi’s Alleged ‘political Wickedness’ To Ogoni (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike Decries Supreme Court Delay In Resolving VAT Dispute by emecheboy2(m): 10:50pm On Jan 29, 2022
garfield1:

The status quo remains being fg keeps collecting vat
Status quo is not the law my friend.
Re: Wike Decries Supreme Court Delay In Resolving VAT Dispute by Tzar(m): 11:28pm On Jan 29, 2022
I am not suprised. With a fulani head imposed on the SC? The strategic move was nothing short of a civilian coup.
Re: Wike Decries Supreme Court Delay In Resolving VAT Dispute by fergie001: 11:46pm On Jan 29, 2022
garfield1:
You mean Mary odili will soon retire? There's still time for her to do it before May
Easter is close.....Once Easter is gone, she is proceeding on leave. She leaves there May 5 and her leave should ordinarily start 2 weeks before.

Another person again, Ejembi Eko also leaves May 23 this year. Odili always sits in a panel with Eko just like the CJN will most times be in a panel with Ekwo Okoro.
Re: Wike Decries Supreme Court Delay In Resolving VAT Dispute by garfield1: 11:52pm On Jan 29, 2022
fergie001:

Easter is close.....Once Easter is gone, she is proceeding on leave. She leaves there May 5 and her leave should ordinarily start 2 weeks before.

Another person again, Ejembi Eko also leaves May 23 this year. Odili always sits in a panel with Eko just like the CJN will most times be in a panel with Ekwo.

Ekwo is not in the apex court yet.I wonder why odili prefers eko or are you telling us that the apex court has cliques and divided? Anyway, both will leave in April and there's enough time to push any damaging agenda before then. .

By the way,JSC ekun is chairing the panel panel hearing the rivers vs IMO oil well case.the first blow on wike will come from there
Re: Wike Decries Supreme Court Delay In Resolving VAT Dispute by fergie001: 11:57pm On Jan 29, 2022
garfield1:

Ekwo is not in the apex court yet.I wonder why odili prefers eko or are you telling us that the apex court has cliques and divided? Anyway, both will leave in April and there's enough time to push any damaging agenda before then. .

By the way,JSC ekun is chairing the panel panel hearing the rivers vs IMO oil well case.the first blow on wike will come from there
Okoro sorry.....Ekwo won't even get to the Appeal because of age.

They all have those they are comfortable with on a panel.

Those that can help them write and they can convince. Some are better with writing judgements and so on.

For Ekun, don't see it that way. She saved Wike in 2015. The Appeal under Dongban-Mensem ordered another election and you know what that would have done to Wike.

But Kekere-Ekun wrote the lead judgement that affirmed him Gov. She doesn't have loyalties ooooo, She is too by the books.
Re: Wike Decries Supreme Court Delay In Resolving VAT Dispute by garfield1: 12:10am On Jan 30, 2022
fergie001:

Okoro sorry.....Ekwo won't even get to the Appeal because of age.

They all have those they are comfortable with on a panel.

Those that can help them write and they can convince. Some are better with writing judgements and so on.

For Ekun, don't see it that way. She saved Wike in 2015. The Appeal under Dongban-Mensem ordered another election and you know what that would have done to Wike.

But Kekere-Ekun wrote the lead judgement that affirmed him Gov. She doesn't have loyalties ooooo, She is too by the books.

You are right.but sometimes ago,you said that APC are trying to make ekun succeed tanko and get ariwoola to retire.now you are recanting...I told you that she's the best at the supreme court and you disagreed. She didn't save wike,she simply interpreted the law as it is and that same precedent saved oyetola in osun.she did same in IMO...another person like her is Helen ogunwumiju.I don't know how but I know wike will be dealt a blow soon...

As for judgment writing,any judge can write.maybe they usually mandate one of them to write and others will just concur
Re: Wike Decries Supreme Court Delay In Resolving VAT Dispute by fergie001: 12:27am On Jan 30, 2022
garfield1:
You are right.but sometimes ago,you said that APC are trying to make ekun succeed tanko and get ariwoola to retire.now you are recanting...I told you that she's the best at the supreme court and you disagreed. She didn't save wike,she simply interpreted the law as it is and that same precedent saved oyetola in Osun.she did same in IMO...another person like her is Helen ogunwumiju.I don't know how but I know wike will be dealt a blow soon...
I said APC wanted to install her because I don't see the reason they'll want to bypass Odili. I don't attack their judgements, I just say when I feel they are falling on one side too much.

Once you are picked there, everything changes. I read Tanko's judgement in Ohakim v Okorocha and also his final report on Justice Obisike of Abia High Court. The same thing Justice Obisike did that made Tanko recommend his compulsory retirement is the same thing Tanko did to Onnoghen.

There is a difference when it's your turn and when you are picked to jump others.

As for judgment writing,any judge can write.maybe they usually mandate one of them to write and others will just concur
Some write better.

When a case comes, they discuss it and if it is unanimous, someone is given the responsibility to write. Eko always writes when he is on a panel for or against (I have noticed it for a long time).

Another writer is Ngwuta and then Okoro. Some are just too here & there. From those of them who write in Law Reports, you can tell.
Re: Wike Decries Supreme Court Delay In Resolving VAT Dispute by garfield1: 12:33am On Jan 30, 2022
fergie001:

I said APC wanted to install her because I don't see the reason they'll want to bypass Odili. I don't attack their judgements, I just say when I feel they are falling on one side too much.

Once you are picked there, everything changes. I read Tanko's judgement in Ohakim v Okorocha and also his final report on Justice Obisike of Abia High Court. The same thing Justice Obisike did that made Tanko recommend his compulsory retirement is the same thing Tanko did to Onnoghen.

There is a difference when it's your turn and when you are picked to jump others.

Some write better.

When a case comes, they discuss it and if it is unanimous, someone is given the responsibility to write. Eko always writes when he is on a panel for or against (I have noticed it for a long time).

Another writer is Ngwuta and then Okoro. Some are just too here & there. From those of them who write in Law Reports, you can tell.

Tanko did not write the judgment in ohakim vs owelle,ngwuta did
Re: Wike Decries Supreme Court Delay In Resolving VAT Dispute by fergie001: 12:40am On Jan 30, 2022
garfield1:
Tanko did not write the judgment in ohakim vs owelle,ngwuta did
They sat in a panel of five & all wrote....Ngwuta wrote the lead judgement.Odili was the most junior on the panel at the time.

I have a hard copy of it somewhere.
Re: Wike Decries Supreme Court Delay In Resolving VAT Dispute by garfield1: 1:17am On Jan 30, 2022
fergie001:

They sat in a panel of five & all wrote....Ngwuta wrote the lead judgement.Odili was the most junior on the panel at the time.

I have a hard copy of it somewhere.

I've seen it but what is wrong with it? Its in tandem with the other panel members being that a judgment not delivered and reasons given within 60 days is a nullity
Re: Wike Decries Supreme Court Delay In Resolving VAT Dispute by Nobody: 1:22am On Jan 30, 2022
lexy2014:

How does the status quo help nigeria?
You are having a conversation with a vacuum...
Re: Wike Decries Supreme Court Delay In Resolving VAT Dispute by fergie001: 1:22am On Jan 30, 2022
garfield1:
I've seen it but what is wrong with it? Its in tandem with the other panel members being that a judgment not delivered and reasons given within 60 days is a nullity
Nothing is wrong with it, what I mean is that:
It is always nice when you climb when due but the moment you are placed there above someone, the moral compass begins to swing against you.
Re: Wike Decries Supreme Court Delay In Resolving VAT Dispute by Nobody: 1:28am On Jan 30, 2022
shortIGBOman:

If the Court finally rule in favour of Rivers. Then South East will suffer the most. They presently don't generate a Kobo in both VAT and internally generated revenue. They are the only Region that contribute ZERO to Nigerian Economy.
Change your name, so I will think you are not bias grin
Without Igbos you will be dead in a week.
Ask Buhari,he explain everything to you...
Ask him secretly ooo grin
Re: Wike Decries Supreme Court Delay In Resolving VAT Dispute by Nobody: 1:31am On Jan 30, 2022
garfield1:

No,whenever a Yoruba is on the ballot they usually garner 70%.obi doesbt even have the structure to garner that
Structure of your head or what?
You mean rigging structure?
Re: Wike Decries Supreme Court Delay In Resolving VAT Dispute by Nobody: 1:37am On Jan 30, 2022
Don't be surprised a supreme court that favoured a drunken man that came 4th in an election can as well judge the case in favour of Niger republic or Chad, leaving out the contending parties.
We are immune to their foolhardiness.
Re: Wike Decries Supreme Court Delay In Resolving VAT Dispute by gidgiddy: 2:35am On Jan 30, 2022
shortIGBOman:

If the Court finally rule in favour of Rivers. Then South East will suffer the most. They presently don't generate a Kobo in both VAT and internally generated revenue. They are the only Region that contribute ZERO to Nigerian Economy.

And yet when they say they want to go their way as Biafra, the rest of you Nigerians want to fight war again like your fathers did in the past

Why is that?
Re: Wike Decries Supreme Court Delay In Resolving VAT Dispute by shortIGBOman: 6:10am On Jan 30, 2022
gidgiddy:

And yet when they say they want to go their way as Biafra, the rest of you Nigerians want to fight war again like your fathers did in the past

Why is that?

Who is holding them from going to their Biafra? They are free to relocate to their small 4 Eastern States. Cause Anambra is not Igbo ancestral State. Anambra is an IGALA ancestral State and the North will soon reclaim it. grin grin grin grin

Igbos are free to have Biafra.

1 Like

Re: Wike Decries Supreme Court Delay In Resolving VAT Dispute by shortIGBOman: 6:15am On Jan 30, 2022
Baawahala:

Change your name, so I will think you are not bias grin
Without Igbos you will be dead in a week.
Ask Buhari,he explain everything to you...
Ask him secretly ooo grin

What does the East contribute to the Nigerian economy? Mention 5 and I'll send 50k to you. I guarantee you, you won't be able to mention one. grin

They are PARASITE. The North, West and South South are the ones feeding them, by giving them free money from Abuja every month. grin

Re: Wike Decries Supreme Court Delay In Resolving VAT Dispute by Iamsked: 10:41am On Jan 30, 2022
see more finance news at www.accountingshock.com

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Adam Onum, Idoma Man Confirmed As Benue Chief Judge / NBC Reinstates Licenses Of Affected Broadcast Stations, Sets Tuesday Deadline / Pressure Mounts On EFCC To Probe Officials Of Buhari Administration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.