Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,397 members, 7,861,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:49 AM

Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) (50293 Views)

Caleb Onyemaeachi Chidera Detained, Tortured By Soldiers Over Banex Plaza Issue / Idongesit Williams Ntia, Prisons Officer Brutalises A Man Over Accident In Uyo / Native Doctor & His Pregnant Wife Killed By Cameroonian Soldiers (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) by zoedew: 10:08am On Feb 02, 2022
Tokskob2008:
Christ!!!

This country is just anyhow. Why shoot at them when they didn't shoot or is chasing after them now a difficult task
What are you saying? In such an insecure environment! The Venza ran through one army checkpoint and another and you expect the soldiers at the checkpoint to give a salute! It fits a bandit profile deserving of extreme action. Too bad! He brought death on himself. Anyone familiar with the training of a soldier knows you do not disobey orders from an armed military personnel. Even where you are the G.O.C. it is suicidal to approach the sentry in mufti driving an unmarked vehicle and in the dark and refuse to stop to identify yourself- you could get killed!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) by symbianDON(m): 10:08am On Feb 02, 2022
Calicoe:
There is no reasonable explanation to justify this killing. Shoot their tyres to stop them if u must shoot but no, they aimed directly at the screen. These soldiers don't know anything about rules of engagement
Sir, understand such circumstances, soldiers are trained to KILL! The least the driver could have done was to stop especially knowing how volatile security is on that road....the death was an avoidable one!

2 Likes

Re: Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) by naijaboy756: 10:09am On Feb 02, 2022
STOP YOU NO HEAR...

NOW SEE WAHALA

COMMON STOP O

1 Like

Re: Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) by Foreigna2: 10:10am On Feb 02, 2022
Calicoe:
There is no reasonable explanation to justify this killing. Shoot their tyres to stop them if u must shoot but no, they aimed directly at the screen. These soldiers don't know anything about rules of engagement

What do you know about rules of engagement?
How do you intercept a bomb-laden vehicle driven by jihadists without shooting?
Shoot the tyre so the bomb can be successfully detonated?

6 Likes

Re: Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) by wamide042(m): 10:10am On Feb 02, 2022
Lot of things are wrong here..
First .. the ID card seems not legit
Secondly: i guess the surname should be Bawa and not the O.O. Please who has initials as Surname.
Thirdly: Refusing to slow down or stopping at a checkpoint is a very big Red flag.. even if you’re carrying contrabands the moment you slow down at a checkpoint and behave yourself you might be lucky to go scot free..
Lastly.. Soldiers are trained to ‘shoot to kill’ not to ‘disarm’ .. they’re not the Police..

4 Likes

Re: Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) by OMYKROIN: 10:10am On Feb 02, 2022
greatness77:
why didn't they stop and identify themselves? Remember they escaped d first checkpoint
Simple humility and this man will still be breathing now.

1 Like

Re: Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) by RockyEyo(m): 10:11am On Feb 02, 2022
Odetokun3:
And all they could.do was to shoot to stop a vehicle
After the shooting the driver suddenly remembered the vehicle has a feature called break abi ...... U reach check point u form James Bond now e don happen.
Knowing that the country is on edge he should have just stopped for a few minutes

3 Likes

Re: Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) by Babaken(m): 10:11am On Feb 02, 2022
Tokskob2008:
Christ!!!

This country is just anyhow. Why shoot at them when they didn't shoot or is chasing after them now a difficult task
nothing like chasing you know north is a hot zone any moving objects is a suspect mostly when stop my Nigeria army you refuse to stop you automatically become a suspect.
Re: Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) by ComeToJesus: 10:11am On Feb 02, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Why don't you guys censor pictures like this tho? undecided
What's wrong with the OP huh?
You need some whooping.. undecided

They just love blood here..
Re: Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) by OloyeVIII: 10:11am On Feb 02, 2022
greatness77:
why didn't they stop and identify themselves? Remember they escaped d first checkpoint

This is always the problem with Nigerian security operatives and the paramilitary. The paramilitary think they are on par with other forces.. Few years ago my dad was traveling with us in a government vehicle, despite the drivers refusal to stop based on green plate number.. My dad warned him sternly. Cos same fate would have befallen us.

2 Likes

Re: Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) by Jostoman: 10:11am On Feb 02, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Why don't you guys censor pictures like this tho? undecided
What's wrong with the OP huh?
You need some whooping.. undecided
you want the OP to censor it so that the world will not see the work of Nigeria vampire soldiers. May God help us.
Re: Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) by chloride6: 10:12am On Feb 02, 2022
No time....
Re: Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) by brainhgeek(m): 10:12am On Feb 02, 2022
Is it difficult to stop for a search if you are innocent? Now a totally avoidable death has happened. Anyway, RIP to the dead
Re: Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) by FERNANDEZISBACK: 10:13am On Feb 02, 2022
Jostoman:
you want the OP to censor it so that the world will not see the work of Nigeria vampire soldiers.
So you are comfortable looking at the head and blood.. lipsrsealed cry
Re: Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) by ceaser: 10:13am On Feb 02, 2022
Okay. The victim is from the North. Now the soldier dude is in real trouble.

He may has gone away with a pat at the back if the victim was from the South west or south east.

He just pull the trigger on the current untouchables (of Buhari's time)
Re: Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) by Theunbothered: 10:14am On Feb 02, 2022
Another life taken by the useless Army
Re: Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) by SarkinYarki: 10:15am On Feb 02, 2022
Mayng01:
There is definitely more to this, a forensic investigation would be a good idea. Nigerian army or even police cannot be trusted in this Nigeria. Rip to the deceased

You people just like to bandy words up and down ? Forensic for what again? The man was killed by soldiers bullets so what is your forensic going to look for again?

1 Like

Re: Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) by cloud(m): 10:15am On Feb 02, 2022
Odetokun3:
And all they could.do was to shoot to stop a vehicle
do you know how IEDs work or how bandits/terrorists operate? If you did, you wont ask such questions. The way the country is right now, even if a military person refuses to stop at a police checkpoint, he could be assumed to be a robber and shot too. Very unfortunate,but people should learn and adjust appropriately
Re: Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) by Bamaf(m): 10:16am On Feb 02, 2022
jayworld15:
To the best of my view on this event.

1) They didn't stop for searching at an army checkpoint.
2) Those at that checkpoint called the one ahead.
3) From the observations above, the car is supposed to face the the officers at the second checkpoint.
4) He was shot at from behind rather than the front.

I don't get this story. I'm in the dark.

If the first officers didn't follow the vehicle, there shouldn't be the bullet spot at the back of the victim's head but rather the front OR did the bullet change direction like 180degree change OR what?

Someone should clear me on this.

Maybe dey didn't stop @ d second checkpoint as well,prompting dem to Open fire .
Re: Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) by FuckDModz: 10:16am On Feb 02, 2022
Nice one.

No room for recalcitrant elements!

Stop or die.

Nice one zombies!
Re: Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) by wolesmile(m): 10:17am On Feb 02, 2022
greatness77:
God knows the best who knows wether it's karma, I will only sympathize with IPOB because they are freedom fighters
So freedom fighting involves killing your clansmen and cannibalism...

1 Like

Re: Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) by Decryptor(m): 10:19am On Feb 02, 2022
Ol boy...see as bullet tatazo the guy head!

But why didn't they stop for search na?

Seems they were carrying an exhibit.
Re: Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 10:20am On Feb 02, 2022
See the way some Nigerians are blaming the soldiers for an avoidable death the prison officer brought upon himself. If it was a gun runner, kidnapper, bandit, suicide attacker that beat those checkpoints without a strong response, our soldiers would have been termed ineffective. For all their inefficacies what stops them from stopping for a few secs to identify themselves? This is just the Nigerian factor, give a man small power, he begins to behave like bubu! These are the ones that play gods when you go to correctional facilities. Ordinary stop, you feel you are above the law!! All thesame RIP.

1 Like

Re: Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) by Onliie(m): 10:20am On Feb 02, 2022
greatness77:
These are the kind of useless questions we ask to avert justice. So if you are in a public bus and the driver refuse to stop at checkpoint, people in the bus deserves to be shot dead. Was he the one driving?

1 Like

Re: Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) by RPG2020(m): 10:21am On Feb 02, 2022
Mexico wannabe

Keep killing yourself grin
Re: Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) by Theunbothered: 10:23am On Feb 02, 2022
jayworld15:
To the best of my view on this event.

1) They didn't stop for searching at an army checkpoint.
2) Those at that checkpoint called the one ahead.
3) From the observations above, the car is supposed to face the the officers at the second checkpoint.
4) He was shot at from behind rather than the front.

I don't get this story. I'm in the dark.

If the first officers didn't follow the vehicle, there shouldn't be the bullet spot at the back of the victim's head but rather the front OR did the bullet change direction like 180degree change OR what?

Someone should clear me on this.

It is clear that either the OP or the criminal army is lying.

2 Likes

Re: Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) by jaxxy(m): 10:23am On Feb 02, 2022
Lawlessness on both sides. undecided
Re: Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) by IVORY2009(m): 10:24am On Feb 02, 2022
Angrygoat:
No matter my speed,I must stop for the NA. U SEE TGE ONES WEY DEY WEAR red cap,the day one slap me, na small remain I for display.

He is military police, the once that put on red cap, the are the once that can arrest a fellow military officer, be it general, etc

rip to the dead
Re: Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) by Dexpro: 10:25am On Feb 02, 2022
Yes. There are rules of engagement in these kinda situation but considering the fact that chasing them will constitute hazard to other road users esp. on that highway. They foolishly brought this upon themselves.
Tokskob2008:

Even as at that they didn't engage the army did they? So what stops the army from chasing them without opening fire and then arresting them.

The right thing would was to chase them since they aren't with weapons and shooting too or maybe they were with weapons and they engage first who knows. I believe there are rules of engagement in these sort of situation.
Re: Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) by Ferdinandu(m): 10:26am On Feb 02, 2022
cassidyjosh:
Correctional Officer Fired And Killed By Soldiers, Graphic Images

crya correctional officer was shot at by men of the NIGERIAN army on his way back from Abuja. The officer was with one other civilian who was driving the car which they were in a Toyota venza, they duol were said to have refused to stop for a search when the approached a barricade by the army ; the men at the point informed another search group ahead of the incoming vehicle and while they got to gonigora they officers fired at them killing the officer at spot with a shot to the back of his head
A simple stop and identifying yourself would have avoided this calamity. A paramilitary Personnel is in the best position of understanding the essence of stop and search more than any civilian. There are so many insecurities in this country, so many criminals roaming the street. We all now blame the army who shot because life is irreplaceable but people should get sense now.
Re: Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) by 9jaseefinish: 10:27am On Feb 02, 2022
Angrygoat:
No matter my speed,I must stop for the NA. U SEE TGE ONES WEY DEY WEAR red cap,the day one slap me, na small remain I for display.

Hahaha
The slap nearly turned you to display officer

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

17-Year-Old Girl Accuses Justin Ugonna Of Statutory Rape. He Reacts / Ritual Killer Beheads 4-Year-Old Boy In Osun (graphic Pic) / Thugs Break Into INEC Office, Set 15,000 Uncollected PVCS On Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.