Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

Is It Proper To Dress In Native Attire To An Interview On A Friday - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is It Proper To Dress In Native Attire To An Interview On A Friday (15618 Views)

Optimus Bank Graduate Trainee Interview On Zoom / Check Out What A Guy Wore To An Interview / Lady Reveals She Slept With A Manager During An Interview And Got The Job! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Proper To Dress In Native Attire To An Interview On A Friday by ahamonyeka(m): 2:31pm On Feb 02, 2022
It is prooer to dress in native to a job interview on a friday?
Re: Is It Proper To Dress In Native Attire To An Interview On A Friday by Nobody: 7:30pm On Feb 02, 2022
Nope it's not. You are not yet a part of the company therefore their dress-down code of conduct does not apply to you.

The dress code for interviews is usually corporate/suit. So, follow the rules of interviews for now and not the companys.

98 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is It Proper To Dress In Native Attire To An Interview On A Friday by ericprince(m): 7:41pm On Feb 02, 2022
Yea, the job I have today I wear casual wear the day of my interview.

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is It Proper To Dress In Native Attire To An Interview On A Friday by Nobody: 2:13pm On Feb 03, 2022
ericprince:

He said native. Then again it depends on the nature of your job.

I doubt yours was a corporate firm.

20 Likes

Re: Is It Proper To Dress In Native Attire To An Interview On A Friday by Nobody: 2:15pm On Feb 03, 2022
ericprince:
Re: Is It Proper To Dress In Native Attire To An Interview On A Friday by Kennyfancy(m): 12:59pm On Feb 04, 2022
Yes

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Dress In Native Attire To An Interview On A Friday by verybadmouth(m): 12:59pm On Feb 04, 2022
As long as you can get the job done, dress neat & responsible. I will employ you.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Proper To Dress In Native Attire To An Interview On A Friday by eliwa47(m): 1:00pm On Feb 04, 2022
Dressing code to an interview on Friday doesn't really matter, what matters most is what you have upstairs and your qualifications.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Proper To Dress In Native Attire To An Interview On A Friday by cerowo(f): 1:00pm On Feb 04, 2022
Mercychen:
Nope it's not. You are not yet a part of the company therefore their dress-down code of conduct does not apply to you.

The dress code for interviews is usually corporate/suit. So, follow the rules of interviews for now and not the companys.
Well said babe

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Proper To Dress In Native Attire To An Interview On A Friday by adeniyi997: 1:00pm On Feb 04, 2022
Where is it done?
Re: Is It Proper To Dress In Native Attire To An Interview On A Friday by flemsy15(m): 1:00pm On Feb 04, 2022
Who even established that Friday is for native wear?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Proper To Dress In Native Attire To An Interview On A Friday by FalseProphet1(m): 1:00pm On Feb 04, 2022
Yes it's very proper and remember to go with a bell, in case your village people decide to accompany you to the interview.

The bell must be rung 5 times in front of the interviewers then sit comfortably and wait for their questions and I can assure you that the job will be given to you.

This I have seen.

14 Likes

Re: Is It Proper To Dress In Native Attire To An Interview On A Friday by bigdammyj: 1:00pm On Feb 04, 2022
Yes

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Dress In Native Attire To An Interview On A Friday by pocohantas(f): 1:00pm On Feb 04, 2022
Ankara abi Senator?

Is the interview in Abuja for a federal contract?
If yes, don’t just wear native, add cap to it, with brown sandals. lipsrsealed

22 Likes

Re: Is It Proper To Dress In Native Attire To An Interview On A Friday by Nobody: 1:01pm On Feb 04, 2022
Na you wan employ yourself lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Proper To Dress In Native Attire To An Interview On A Friday by chatinent: 1:01pm On Feb 04, 2022
No bi say the salary go plenty sef.

Baba, nack senator enter there...unless the Ankara was senatorlized. After all, native wears are corporate too.. traditionally corporate.

Just have a clean shave.

After all...isn't Friday the native day?

Funnily enough, your interviewer fit wear djellaba on top shorts interview you.

No go dress like Ozo o.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Proper To Dress In Native Attire To An Interview On A Friday by horhizah(f): 1:02pm On Feb 04, 2022
A Northerner will wear his kaftan to any interview any day of the week.

30 Likes

Re: Is It Proper To Dress In Native Attire To An Interview On A Friday by Benjaniblinks(m): 1:02pm On Feb 04, 2022
Are you going there for cultural dance undecided

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Dress In Native Attire To An Interview On A Friday by chatinent: 1:02pm On Feb 04, 2022
horhizah:

Interview? Where?

4 Likes

Re: Is It Proper To Dress In Native Attire To An Interview On A Friday by Mannylex(m): 1:02pm On Feb 04, 2022
Lol
Re: Is It Proper To Dress In Native Attire To An Interview On A Friday by McOluOmo: 1:03pm On Feb 04, 2022
Self employed is a bae..... No time for "my Oga, My Madam, My Boss shiit"

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Proper To Dress In Native Attire To An Interview On A Friday by koxi: 1:03pm On Feb 04, 2022
It is very proper and acceptable, everyday of the week.
The only thing is you MUST have a cap with it.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Proper To Dress In Native Attire To An Interview On A Friday by KingOfTheDamned: 1:03pm On Feb 04, 2022
Grow up

It's not everything you post on social media .

Metal health is real
I was recently enlighten by a psychologist on nairaland that there is a direct correlation betwnee excess internet usage and depression.
Re: Is It Proper To Dress In Native Attire To An Interview On A Friday by naijaguy123456(m): 1:03pm On Feb 04, 2022
Your village people never leave you alone even though you live miles away from them .

[img]https://i./6yZ.gif[/img]

7 Likes

Re: Is It Proper To Dress In Native Attire To An Interview On A Friday by freshkpomo(m): 1:03pm On Feb 04, 2022
Native is good and even much better for me when I have official places to go to. The secret is to stay Sharp, if possible get a cap that matches with the design... It will even make you stand out.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Dress In Native Attire To An Interview On A Friday by donestk(m): 1:04pm On Feb 04, 2022
Hmmmm
Re: Is It Proper To Dress In Native Attire To An Interview On A Friday by maureensylvia(f): 1:04pm On Feb 04, 2022
Just like Sunday jollof
It's now a norm
Re: Is It Proper To Dress In Native Attire To An Interview On A Friday by SpatialKing(m): 1:04pm On Feb 04, 2022
Not bad all...
Re: Is It Proper To Dress In Native Attire To An Interview On A Friday by merits(m): 1:04pm On Feb 04, 2022
cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Is It Proper To Dress In Native Attire To An Interview On A Friday by alphaNomega: 1:04pm On Feb 04, 2022
horhizah:

Lol. Why do you say this?
Re: Is It Proper To Dress In Native Attire To An Interview On A Friday by Offpoint1: 1:05pm On Feb 04, 2022
You can wear Agbada.
Re: Is It Proper To Dress In Native Attire To An Interview On A Friday by Vanmatrix(m): 1:05pm On Feb 04, 2022
I got an interview on money and am wearing my senator!!!

I’ll give you feed back

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

JAMB Takeover Recruitment Test For FRSC, Others / Can You Work In Sokoto..... / Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.