Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

ICAN Has Rejected Me Again - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / ICAN Has Rejected Me Again (7426 Views)

ICAN May/june 2016 Diet Exam- Read This / Can Resignation Letter(s) Be Rejected / ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

ICAN Has Rejected Me Again by sammy6(m): 5:47am On Aug 01, 2007
I.C.A.N Has Denied Me

My ICAN results has just come out and they have done their own again.I wrote only one course SFM in PE3 and for the 2nd time,they have asked me to resit and have denied me membership.The worst part was that the exam was so easy.
Re: ICAN Has Rejected Me Again by Nobody: 6:39am On Aug 01, 2007
Sorry about that Senior, but only one advice "PLS DON'T BE DISCOURAGED".

Passed my PE1.

Can you come to WYSE for lectures, you will be glad you did.

hope to see you there!
Re: ICAN Has Rejected Me Again by eniola1310(f): 8:50am On Aug 01, 2007
Dust yourself up and try again man!!

u had better find a better tuition house than wyse. u'll only get distracted when u go to wyse. u have too many pple with sad stories abt ICAN and that's not the kind of stories u need to hear right now, blive me.
i wish u luck sha, just keep trying. u are lucky that now u have a credit system. before if u fail one paper 2 times u have to resit all four agian
so just thank ur stars
Re: ICAN Has Rejected Me Again by Naijapikin(m): 1:55pm On Aug 01, 2007
@ poster.
Sorry. Donot be discouraged. Try again. Don't say it's easy for me to say. I read on my own for last November PE3 diet and I had reference in SFM. Now, I've scaled thru-without lectures. My advice is: get (1) SFM book written by a Safe Lecturer(Akinsulire-Sorry, I'm not sure of the name) (2) ICAN study pack and finally (3) Past Questions of about 5 years i.e 10 diets. Study the past questions more. Cover the syllabus atleast twice and still have a month free before the exam proper. It is possible since you have only one paper to write.

In my own opinion( you know yourself better): You donot need lectures again. Just follow 1-2-3 above and it will be well. Use the syllabus as a guide when studing(not reading). After every topic, take up a past question and attempt to solve.

Have confidence in yourself and don't say, "ICAN has denied me". Only losers say that. Just tell yourself, this November is my time.

Deny yourself of every pleasures this world can offer and focus on one thing only, ICAN.

The only mistake you'll make is not to write this November diet. It will be a BIG mistake if you don't write it.

Naijapikin,ACA
Re: ICAN Has Rejected Me Again by frankie7: 2:10pm On Aug 01, 2007
ok, interest, for real this maybe rather out of context, but really giving me some worry, pls has someone heard about our savirs university in the US as advertised and even global drill bay oil & gas? are these guys genuine or some fraudsters? someone pls help me
Re: ICAN Has Rejected Me Again by Tywoh(f): 2:17pm On Aug 01, 2007
'Quitters don't win and Winners don't quit".
My dear, thank God for what happen and trust Him to do exceedingly above what you can think or imagine.
God has been as per ICAN. I just got qualified.
Put in your best, pay the price and the sky is your starting point.
Re: ICAN Has Rejected Me Again by nossycheek(f): 2:30pm On Aug 01, 2007
@Poster

Wise reading is the answer to ICAN. Forget worldly pleasures, you can go to Safe if you are not quite sure of reading on your own and get enough practice questions to try your hands on. ICAN was so easy for me PE 1 May 2000 (Wyse), PE 2 Nov 2000 (Safe) . Passed all stages at one sitting but not so easy for my hubby until he went to Safe. Akinsulire has the magic wind to pass the paper.

Good luck

Nossycheek
HND, ACA, MBA
Re: ICAN Has Rejected Me Again by tpia: 2:44pm On Aug 01, 2007
sorry to hear that.

But you've really just got to keep trying.

Once you pass, the failure will be history.
Re: ICAN Has Rejected Me Again by spora(m): 3:02pm On Aug 01, 2007
I have always suspected there is something one does not know about ICAN.

It is when you are sure, you will pass that they come out with their abracadabra. My neighbour was on the exam for about 3 years. The last time he did it, he did not attended any tuition centre, neither did he read for the exam. As a matter of time he never prepared for the exam.

He just registered and was waiting for the exam day. Lo and behold, the result came out and he CAN. He himself confessed that he could not understood how he made it.

I will encourage the poster not to relent as one day ICAN will "let him go"

One day, one day, the monopoly will be broken. One thing I am sure of is, by the time people wake up and embrace ACCA, ICAN will know that there is a need to learn out to manage success.
Re: ICAN Has Rejected Me Again by Gettolove(m): 3:16pm On Aug 01, 2007
sorry poster

Dust your books and go back to the class, the most important thing is that you QUALIFY. I know how it feels to bang ICAN but you got to keep working hard. YOU WILL GET THERE

I just checked my own result too, passed my reference in F.A 2 since 2005 nov., but i must confess to you ,i have forgotten how many times i have written the paper grin

gettolove
HND, AC    my 'A 'is on the way grin
Re: ICAN Has Rejected Me Again by Yusufadeto(m): 3:28pm On Aug 01, 2007
Though am in lower stage now and preparing for september diet exam, all i can say to my own is experience is that, it's not just about reading alone but also you need to pray hard as well and always ask God to help you in the exams, you need to pray after the exams as well, for God to let someone that has patience to mark your script. i failed once when i was in ATS 1, though i could'nt believe it, i had to summon courage and take on the exam again, i thank God that he has help me through that now, am now preparing for my ATS 2 exam now, though i have been preparing very hard but i have never leave prayer for a min because you need to combine both reading and prayer for this exam.
Re: ICAN Has Rejected Me Again by uyai(f): 3:42pm On Aug 01, 2007
what is ICAN, just curious
Re: ICAN Has Rejected Me Again by femi4love(m): 4:04pm On Aug 01, 2007
uyai:

It means " I CAN do all things through Christ that strengthens me" grin grin grin

Just kidding, it's the acronym for "Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria"

@Poster

Like you've heard from others, don't be discouraged, it used to be harder to pass during our time in the early 90s, but God saw us through. Even though I'm no longer a practising Accountant now, the discipline I gained when preparing for the exams has stayed permanently with me. How can I forget those sleepless nights is Students PYE and Mayo Associates? The joy of passing will swallow all the past disappointments, believe me.

You will make it next time in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: ICAN Has Rejected Me Again by Gettolove(m): 4:05pm On Aug 01, 2007
uyai:

www.ican-ngr.org
Re: ICAN Has Rejected Me Again by olujohnk: 4:59pm On Aug 01, 2007
Sorry o my brother, pls can u visit CBT ONLINE COLLEGE? u will not regret it, its all about ican lecture online or u buy the lecture series cds and u can revise with the question and answer cds,[ last 16 diet fully solved]. pls vist www.cbtnigeria.com
Re: ICAN Has Rejected Me Again by Naijapikin(m): 6:16pm On Aug 01, 2007
HND, AC my 'A 'is on the way grin
[quote][/quote]

I love that!!!!! smiley
Re: ICAN Has Rejected Me Again by niyooo(m): 6:44pm On Aug 01, 2007
@ poster,

Take heart. Just confess and believe that November is your diet. At this point i wouldn't recommend that you start attending lectures anymore, I'll just advise that you get enough materials like one of the earlier posters recommended and read up on your own. I passed SFM this last diet which happened to be the only paper i was sitting for and also happened to be the only reference i ever had during the course of the exam. I know it is God that blesses and rewards ones' efforts but you have to sacrifice a lot for God to bless. Now that i'm qualified, all the sleepless nights and other discomforts seem like nothing. As they say, the taste of the pudding is in the eating so I'll say get materials and sacrifice time and come back sometime in January to inform us that you are now Chartered. Good luck
Re: ICAN Has Rejected Me Again by sharpman1(m): 6:54pm On Aug 01, 2007
eyaaaaah!

sorry oh.

why not try ANAN.
Re: ICAN Has Rejected Me Again by auwal87(m): 8:04pm On Aug 01, 2007
hmm ICAN? Jst like a cult, you need Mafians to get you through, just ask any Cum ICAN how he passed, he will explain to you everything, its CULTS!
Re: ICAN Has Rejected Me Again by SweetT1: 1:58am On Aug 02, 2007
@Topic
May be if you leave girls and pepper soup alone and study hard you wouldn't be complaining now !! It's not a conspiracy my friend, it's your level of peparations ! Focus !
Re: ICAN Has Rejected Me Again by Naijapikin(m): 6:28am On Aug 02, 2007
auwal87:

hmm ICAN? Jst like a cult, you need Mafians to get you through, just ask any Cum ICAN how he passed, he will explain to you everything, its CULTS!

Losers like you will always find excuses.

You need help.

Abeg, fellow nairalanders, help dis pikin!!!

Naijapikin,ACA
Re: ICAN Has Rejected Me Again by Everbright(f): 7:51am On Aug 02, 2007
Eyeeh, pele o
But try again.Determination is what gets you started
Goodluck man
Re: ICAN Has Rejected Me Again by oyie(f): 8:45am On Aug 02, 2007
i think just put in more eforce-and maybe try different methods-like a different lesson,reading in a different place and anything u suspect is taking yuor time or mind.

good luck
Re: ICAN Has Rejected Me Again by nossycheek(f): 12:00pm On Aug 02, 2007
auwal87:

Why don't you be the mafian. Losers always have a way of soiling the names of others.
Re: ICAN Has Rejected Me Again by danalyst(m): 12:50pm On Aug 02, 2007
"hmm ICAN? Jst like a cult, you need Mafians to get you through, just ask any Cum ICAN how he passed, he will explain to you everything, its CULTS".

Am so baffled that in the present age and time someone could post a thing like this. anyway, on my own experience, prayer, preparation and confidence did it. I qualified in 2004 having bagged the AAT certificate 24 months earlier, even without attending any lecture centre from the beginning to the end. are you saying am a cult? am under my 30. so if ICAN is a cult how come people pass even without knowing anyone?

my pal. go back to your books, exhaust the syllabus, acquire nothing less than 10 consecutive diets pass question on the stage you are writing, buy recommended books, create time to read on your own, and pray fervently, then your success come.
Re: ICAN Has Rejected Me Again by VictoriaO(f): 12:54pm On Aug 02, 2007
hi all
@poster sammy,
sorry about your result o. i know of someone that has been writing FA and MA since nov 2005, and has always been writing it evry diet. he just passed fa this may and still has a ref in MA. you are still better off as you are in the final stage and just a leg to go. like someone said, it takes God too. try to pray along as you read, and study and understand evry detail in sfm. sfm is not an easy subject. i wrote nov 2006 diet too and got ref in sfm, though that diet, sfm was terrible and so difficult. i wrote may 07, and i thank God that i made it now. i am so happy. i k now you will be happy about your result in january.
i received all my lectures right from ats in Safe. Akinsulire is a very good lecturer in sfm, and he lectured me. so like naijapikin said, just buy his textbk, current edition, study it through more than once, get the ican study pack, and treat all the questions in it cos ican lifts them at times, and treat past questions, i used ten diets question and answers.
don't worry try again and dont quit.
takia and i wish you luck. i hope this diet, i hope nov 07, would not be too hard or difficult because of you. peace

Sweet T:

@Topic
May be if you leave girls and pepper soup alone and study hard you wouldn't be complaining now !! It's not a conspiracy my friend, it's your level of peparations ! Focus !

sorry dear, but it's not always true. you have to be very prepared, i agree, but ican could also be very wicked. some diets' questions would be very easy while others very good. tension could also cause failure. so its just God's grace that makes you fall into a diet thats nt so hard and allows you answer the questions the wy the examiner wants it answered
sharp man:

eyaaaaah!

sorry oh.

why not try ANAN.
ANAN, dont try it o. it is not recognised and respected like ICAN. it is seen as escape route for those that cant pass ICAN. so dnt waste your time, effort and money for something you cannot tender anywhere.
PS. my own opinion about it o.
Re: ICAN Has Rejected Me Again by GeeCee(m): 12:56pm On Aug 02, 2007
Sorry to hear that you failed the exam. "If one is not under a curse, failing a course should not put one off-course". You are not a failure. So keep on keeping on.

As for those who think you have to attend a particular lecture centre b4 you can pass, i strongly disagree. Success is not in any institution but in the student. All you need is determination, focus, sacrifices and prayer. By sacrifice, i mean there are some pleasures you have to let go 4 now.

For those who think ICAN is a cult and requires a mafia to pass, you can be farther from the truth. ICAN is no cult and you don't have to be a mafia b4 u pass. That i can authoritatively tell you. I wasn't a mafia wen i passed mine in 2003. Infact you don't have to be a genius to pass.

I wish the poster best of luck. You are the only who can encourage or discourage yourself.
Life will not give you what you desire and neither will it give you what you deserve; it will only give you that which you demand.
Re: ICAN Has Rejected Me Again by VictoriaO(f): 1:02pm On Aug 02, 2007
@danalyst
you be real guru o. i wish i have brains like you. i like having brainees as friends. i envy you o. thank God for your life. peace.
Re: ICAN Has Rejected Me Again by luka: 1:08pm On Aug 02, 2007
My brother you were not rejected, what you gave them on your answer sheet (input) is simply what they gave you when the result came out (output). DO you remember the acronym GIGO.

Why complain when you have just one paper standing between you and your goal. I for one will be motivated by that though I also gave up when auditing was dealing with me in Intermediate.A colleague of mine (who started ICAN after me and is now qualified) taunted my life in office severally which I took as a motivation, I came back after 2 years and I have not only passed auditing I am close to getting my reward for those nights of no sleep.

We well get there just believe you can do it, read the best you can and pray hard for God to guide your reading.
Re: ICAN Has Rejected Me Again by fun4me2(f): 1:48pm On Aug 02, 2007
fellow nairalanders, i thank GOD am now an ACA,it wasnt easy but it was worth it,my dear poster,ur time will come,dont worry.
Re: ICAN Has Rejected Me Again by Naijapikin(m): 2:01pm On Aug 02, 2007
sharp man:

eyaaaaah!

sorry oh.

why not try ANAN.

I read you contributions on the post, ACCA vs ICAN and I know your comment here is definitely a JOKE cheesy But sha, atleast you made the poster laugh wink
Re: ICAN Has Rejected Me Again by ristic(f): 3:04pm On Aug 02, 2007

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos / 6 Dominant Workplace Trends You Are Likely To Witness In 2017 / Great Opportunity For An Accountants.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.