Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,960 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:00 AM

Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation (9114 Views)

Senate Summons Fashola Over Falling Bridges / VP Sambo Lambasts Fashola Over High Taxation & Alleged Claiming Of FG Projects / Presidency Chides Fashola Over Attack On Jonathan. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by sylve11: 2:06pm On Jun 23, 2011
lol @ some of them comment gringrin cool
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by beeman80: 2:13pm On Jun 23, 2011
Mhhh is that BENJAMIN OLIGBO in the rare view? Looks like my old school mate.
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by duno: 2:20pm On Jun 23, 2011
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by EkoIle1: 2:21pm On Jun 23, 2011
Beats me why people pay attention to these silly mindless hate fest threads.
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by phantom(m): 2:25pm On Jun 23, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin , i dey laugh,
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by mithel(m): 2:26pm On Jun 23, 2011
mithel:

D guy is nt working jor,even d plants he is getting credit for didnt provide employment for anyone.and instead of the plant reducing the CO2 in d air to beta our health,it is increasing it.that is to say that the plants are fake,and all the money earmarked for that project went into the purse of his  "openly n widely known man-lover partner".even the Brt scheme are just d same molue,dat was repainted by his relatives and driven by his younger brothers.even the few schools n hospitals that were just repainted n d equipments rented for the tv n pics propanganda n were later returned.instead of us to be receiving 1 million from the goverment every month,we are being taxed.he doesnt come and pick up d pure water sachet dat i threw on d floor.n now we av flood.fashola na theif jor,he hasnt done anything.its just propanganda.KORO AND DOSUNMU WUD AV DONE MILES BETTER.

prodam:

you sound odd and "", hear your self "fake plant", "plants that increase co2 is fake", "rented equipments for tv pics""

there is nothin odd about it,just helping the OP n a few odas say what they really want to say.
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by lekyar(m): 2:30pm On Jun 23, 2011
Fashola is overwhelmed with the challenges of infrastuctural developement in Lagos. I am very dissappointed in his performance so far.

Thought he would hit the ground running after the elections. The whole stretch of road between iyana- isolo to Ikotun is a nightmare. Alimosho and the environs has been a no show from his government.

People should really start looking at the opposition for option as the syndrome of a second term has caught up with him. I heard they've hiked the BRT fares!. So the only solution is taxation upon taxation.

Also, there seem to be no checks to the activities of the greedy, heartless, land-grabbing monarchs under his regime, he should check out the untold hardship the oba of Ejigbo is subjecting the poor masses under his domain to as an example.
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by cold(m): 2:39pm On Jun 23, 2011
Fashola is working,Lagos is drowning
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by bashr4: 2:57pm On Jun 23, 2011
i wont really say fashola is not working but he needs to cut down on the hype cus lagos is still a big mess, dirty ,disorganised with pot holes and poor drainage just like many other cities in nigeria. we need to stop hyping these governors and put them under more pressure to do better unless theres another lagos state i dont know about.
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by mithel(m): 2:59pm On Jun 23, 2011
lekyar:

Fashola is overwhelmed with the challenges of infrastuctural developement in Lagos. I am very dissappointed in his performance so far.

Thought he would hit the ground running after the elections. The whole stretch of road between iyana- isolo to Ikotun is a nightmare. Alimosho and the environs has been a no show from his government.

People should really start looking at the opposition for option as the syndrome of a second term has caught up with him. I heard they've hiked the BRT fares!. So the only solution is taxation upon taxation.

Also, there seem to be no checks to the activities of the greedy, heartless, land-grabbing monarchs under his regime, he should check out the untold hardship the oba of Ejigbo is subjecting the poor masses under his domain to as an example.

mithel:
D guy is nt working jor,even d plants he is getting credit for didnt provide employment for anyone.and instead of the plant reducing the CO2 in d air to beta our health,it is increasing it.that is to say that the plants are fake,and all the money earmarked for that project went into the purse of his  "openly n widely known man-lover partner".even the Brt scheme are just d same molue,dat was repainted by his relatives and driven by his younger brothers.even the few schools n hospitals that were just repainted n d equipments rented for the tv n pics propanganda n were later returned.instead of us to be receiving 1 million from the goverment every month,we are being taxed.he doesnt come and pick up d pure water sachet dat i threw on d floor.n now we av flood.fashola na theif jor,he hasnt done anything.its just propanganda.KORO AND DOSUNMU WUD AV DONE MILES BETTER.

ubjecting the poor masses under his domain to as an example.
[/quote]

[quote author=mithel link=topic=696950.msg8574856#msg8574856 date=1308828428]D guy is nt working jor,even d plants he is getting credit for didnt provide employment for anyone.and instead of the plant reducing the CO2 in d air to beta our health,it is increasing it.that is to say that the plants are fake,and all the money earmarked for that project went into the purse of his  "openly n widely known man-lover partner".even the Brt scheme are just d same molue,dat was repainted by his relatives and driven by his younger brothers.even the few schools n hospitals that were just repainted n d equipments rented for the tv n pics propanganda n were later returned.instead of us to be receiving 1 million from the goverment every month,we are being taxed.he doesnt come and pick up d pure water sachet dat i threw on d floor.n now we av flood.fashola na theif jor,he hasnt done anything.its just propanganda.KORO AND DOSUNMU WUD AV DONE MILES BETTER.

Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by chimaike: 3:16pm On Jun 23, 2011
dammytosh:

BOSS,

BOMBING, TERRORISM and ECONOMIC hardship is also a GLOBAL PROBLEM and yet we criticize and will continue to criticize JONATHAN BECAUSE IT IS HIS RESPONSIBILTY , NOT MINE. SO FASHOLA SHOULD TRY AND STEP UP HIS GAME. TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

God bless you, GEJ haters, please tell your master to step up his game as recommended by 'dammytosh". we should kill those we hate & pardon those we love, even if the sins of those we love are more gruesome. Selective justice. Shhhh
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by Mobsync(m): 3:19pm On Jun 23, 2011
[b][b]it's nt easy being the governor of a big state like Lagos with all the corrupt commissioners and contractors__[b]WOrD[/b][/b][/b]
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by matiltomd(f): 3:20pm On Jun 23, 2011
It depends on what part of Lagos you live in that you can say Fashola is over-hyped or over-celebrated. I stay around Sabo Yaba and i can tell you he's done a FANTASTIC job around my end, Go to Alagomeji/Ebute Metta,you'll definitely understand my point, I don't know much about architecture and all but i think those complaining about the flood should look at where they live to start with,Topography e.t.c. I've been living at Sabo for almost 10yrs and we've never experienced any form of flooding. The drainage system is alright.
The people living around Alimosho,i still don't know what their issue is with this present administration because i heard NOTHING has been done in those areas. Have they presented their case to the government? Protests and all?
As regards health,my boyfriend's mum works at LASUTH. The whole hospital has been transformed.You should visit the Pediatrics wing;you'll never visit a private hospital again, I also visited a friend who gave birth to a baby boy in a local govt hospital around Ijaiye;clean environment,just 2 mothers in a ward,clean toilets and all (and it wasn't a 'Private Ward).
On education,people say public schools aren't bad though, You should visit Ibadan (where i work) and check out their public schools. You will weep.
Transportation;someone complained that BRT fares were increased. So the fares should be stagnant till eternity? The workers will request for increment,the buses need maintenance,how about fuel/diesel? And you expect fares to remain static?

We all should understand that Rome wasn't built in a day,to say Fashola hasn't done anything is the most retarded statement I've heard in recent times, Fashola is not over-hyped or over-celebrated. He's doing a great job and he'll still do more.
This is my personal opinion and I'll appreciate it being respected. cheesy
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by lekyar(m): 3:23pm On Jun 23, 2011
mithel:

ubjecting the poor masses under his domain to as an example.

Your point??
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by EzeUche1(m): 3:26pm On Jun 23, 2011
No one is saying that Fashola is not working, because he is. I simply think he is overrated. Lagos continues to have many problems.
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by Lolabbey: 3:32pm On Jun 23, 2011
fashola is working-lagosians aint helpin, lagosians are dity, gragahahhahjajjajajajja
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by mithel(m): 3:34pm On Jun 23, 2011
lekyar:

Your point??
my pointwas only buttressing you point na.d guy is a slow poke,theivin bascard jor.or am i missing something
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by haboosa(m): 3:35pm On Jun 23, 2011
sentiments apart , i will like to analyse some merits and demerits of fashola administration.
1. making the Teslim Balogun stadium a world class
2. Creation of Jobs (Lastma, Kai, Tax collectors(LIBRS), e.t.c
3. Introduction of BRT to reduce traffic
4. prompt payments of salary
5. rehabilitation and reconstruction of City Hall
6. construction of major bustop
i think i am stalked if u know more you can add
 Demerits
1. Many unfinished roads( Iju-Fagba road, Old Ota Rd(Ile epo-ekoro-meiran Rd), Lagos Badagry exp, Lekki Ajah exp, e.t.c
2. Extortion @ Lekki toll gate
3. Unfinish road to Banana Island
4. High cost of living
5. Multiple taxation
6. Imposing Power of Tinubu
7. Terrorizing power of LASTMA & Co
8. Relocation of some big company to Agbara, Sango-Ifo, Mowe -Ibafo, e.t.c
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by Lolabbey: 3:38pm On Jun 23, 2011
sylve11:

lol @ some of them comment gringrin cool

sylve11,hehehehheheh,na u b dis? bin such a long tymmmm
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by dayokanu(m): 3:57pm On Jun 23, 2011
haboosa:

i think i am stalked if u know more you can add
Demerits
1. Many unfinished roads( Iju-Fagba road, Old Ota Rd(Ile epo-ekoro-meiran Rd), Lagos Badagry exp, Lekki Ajah exp, e.t.c
2. Extortion @ Lekki toll gate
3. Unfinish road to Banana Island
4. High cost of living
5. Multiple taxation
6. Imposing Power of Tinubu
7. Terrorizing power of LASTMA & Co
8. Relocation of some big company to Agbara, Sango-Ifo, Mowe -Ibafo, e.t.c
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Unfinished road, Of course, No one starts and finishes a road in a week.
Extortion, Toll fees are normal things in any society
3, Refer to point 1
4. Go back to your village, No one lives in a City and complains about High cost of Living. See London, New York etc
5. Taxes are part of any society, The only constant things in the world are death and taxes.
6. How is that a negative, when Fashola himself was imposed
7. Law enforcement are to do their job which is enforcing laws
You mean those companies should be squeezed into already overcrowded Lagos? What Logic
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by KA24DETT(m): 4:08pm On Jun 23, 2011
dayokanu:

Unfinished road, Of course, No one starts and finishes a road in a week.
Extortion, Toll fees are normal things in any society
3, Refer to point 1
4. Go back to your village, No one lives in a City and complains about High cost of Living. See London, New York etc
5. Taxes are part of any society, The only constant things in the world are death and taxes.
6. How is that a negative, when Fashola himself was imposed
7. Law enforcement are to do their job which is enforcing laws
You mean those companies should be squeezed into already overcrowded Lagos? What Logic

THANK YOU , No mind them, na the kind comment u dey get 4 people wey never live outside the country,, they think everything is free, development is ongoing, nigerians and their myopic way of thinking , it took 20-30yrs to mess these things up and these fools here think it takes 5 yrs to clean them up , ahhhhh , , complaining about everything,, they are the same ones that are very dirty and will throw satchet water on the street and complain that the streets are not cleaned,. pathetic, Povery of the mind ,
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by denitro(m): 4:21pm On Jun 23, 2011
If Fashola can do these things, then I will say he is working.
If not, the man is a one eye leader in the land of the blind.
1. All major roads in the state should be in good shape.
2. Street lights should work.
3. His administration should make LASTMA officials to stop acting like Touts.
4. Get Touts out of the state - it's an eye-sore
5. Ban Okada riders in lagos.
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by lekyar(m): 4:33pm On Jun 23, 2011
KA24DETT:

THANK YOU , No mind them, na the kind comment u dey get 4 people wey never live outside the country,, they think everything is free, development is ongoing, nigerians and their myopic way of thinking , it took 20-30yrs to mess these things up and these fools here think it takes 5 yrs to clean them up , ahhhhh , , complaining about everything,, they are the same ones that are very dirty and will throw satchet water on the street and complain that the streets are not cleaned,. pathetic, Povery of the mind ,

@Dayokanu, never thought you'll resort to insulting anyone as an objective contributor to this forum but, If you live in Ejigbo/Alimosho axis you'll know my criticism has nothing to do with blocked drainages. A friend had to phone the guy in charge of works as to why the Isolo/ Ejigbo rd under construction since last year has not been concluded and the dude point to the FG not remitting their part of the counterpart funding. Beats me to see how Lagos will progress on these fronts when they've to go to PDP center for funds.
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by EzeUche1(m): 4:39pm On Jun 23, 2011
These touts in Lagos are a MAJOR problem. How can a city be considered world class when you have these Area boys running around? angry
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by KA24DETT(m): 5:00pm On Jun 23, 2011
lekyar:

@Dayokanu, never thought you'll resort to insulting anyone as an objective contributor to this forum but, If you live in Ejigbo/Alimosho axis you'll know my criticism has nothing to do with blocked drainages. A friend had to phone the guy in charge of works as to why the Isolo/ Ejigbo rd under construction since last year has not been concluded and the dude point to the FG not remitting their part of the counterpart funding. Beats me to see how Lagos will progress on these fronts when they've to go to PDP center for funds.

Thing is ,, its a federal road so the federal governmetn has to remit their own share of the money which they fail to do,. Most of the major roads in lagos are federal roads and the Federal government dont wana do anything about it and even if lagos state government wants to fix it, they would get sued. I know its a bad system but thats how it works in Nigeria. same thing as power, some tates can produce their own power but they are not allowed to like lagos and river state. These things go beyond what we see,, there is alot of politics involved. The feds would try to undermine lagos state as much as they can by not releasing money and withholding funds cus the common man on the street dosent know the difference between state and federal road.
NO country was built in 5 yrs,, its all contiunuity, u dont expect the man to fix everything in 5yrs. He is trying and u need to acknowledge that and stop pointing to one or 2 bad spots and holding him ransom for that. We need him to set a benchmark and let the next governor outdo him. Thats how singapore and all these asian tigers got to where they are,,,
Lagos has 14 million people and thousands coming in everyday, so its a monumental challenge. Do the best u can do, caution ur friends and neighbour the hazards of littering and keep ur surrounding clean. Lets give accolades to whom it is do, that way, they are motivated to do more.
Some states in the country dont do half of what hes doing,
Am sorry if i insulted anyone with my previous comment, didnt meant to.
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by mithel(m): 5:01pm On Jun 23, 2011
denitro:

If Fashola can do these things, then I will say he is working.
If not, the man is a one eye leader in the land of the blind.
1. All major roads in the state should be in good shape.yeah,i support you in this.
2. Street lights should work.well,you are right,but at times i dont blame goverment for nt doing this,cos all the street lights in my place have been vandalised by ppl.so we are a major problem here
3. His administration should make LASTMA officials to stop acting like Touts.

Well like your wish below,some of those touts were gotten into the enforcement agencies like KAI n lastma,so there is tendency for them to behave lyk dat.all fashola can do is create a kinda regulatory agency to watch them.but then again what has SERVICOM done at the federal level
4. Get Touts out of the state - it's an eye-sore.
And what should he do with them.bundle them out of lagos.or have we forgotten what ppl were saying when he was sending destitutes and beggers out of lagos.we all said he was heartless,that they should provide for them.according to what i have personally seen,they are being taken in batches to training centres,but they are just too many
5. Ban Okada riders in lagos.
and what exactly should he do with them,if he does this,its still u lagosians dat will say he is heartless and wicked.or have we forgotten what ppl were saying we they were demolishing illegal structures
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by Koolking(m): 5:07pm On Jun 23, 2011
@Prodam:
you digressed, nobody talked about Obama [Obama is not fashola; and Obama is not my role model]. I don't have any reason to blame you for believing in fashola but not in reality, afterall, we are free to believe in anything. The truth will always be bitter my brother. A day of reckoning will soon come.
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by prodam(m): 5:11pm On Jun 23, 2011
Koolking:

@Prodam:
you digressed, nobody talked about Obama [Obama is not fashola; and Obama is not my role model]. I don't have any reason to blame you for believing in fashola but not in reality, afterall, we are free to believe in anything. The truth will always be bitter my brother. A day of reckoning will soon come.

No you are getting me wrong!!
Obama should be on the public platform more than any leader in the world and as such much is expected from him
the same thing applies to Fashola among other governors in Nigeria.
as for reckoning, physically He is free but spiritually, no one is free including you and I
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by hipinnacle: 5:24pm On Jun 23, 2011
My heart always bleed when i see mediocrity being celebrated in a country that is filled with everything; human, mineral, natural and physical resources.God has blessed Nigeria so much but the major challenge of this country is basically our inability to blend our resources with the human capacity we got. Gov.Fashola is always over-celebrated simply because out of many fools and corrupt idiots that we call leaders in this country, he is still d only one that is the better corrupt leader. i got 2 Lagos,most part are stil under-develop only d highland parts are fairly okay.But who do I castigate or blame. Followers, Nigerians-our thinking,mentallity and initiative is wrong. If we know our right,we will know that Governors or leaders that is repairing roads,providing basic ammenities etc. should be celebrated because they are all our right.How many times are we going to inform ourselves that we own Nigeria 2gether!Few people dominate while many people grumble over the wealth that belong to all.

Untill we reverse the way we think and celebrate idiots in this country, we shall everly remain backward.God intervene!
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by rabzy: 5:30pm On Jun 23, 2011
Alimosho has the largest population and its the biggest local govt in Lagos, Everyday new towns are opening up in these places. Indiscriminate building of houses on every available piece of land is going on all over Alimosho, so its very hard to keep up with the development in this area.

But i know the Egbeda-Ikotun road construction is on-going, an alternative route for motorists thru olugbede street-tejumola estate-to pipeline was constructed and other parts graded to ease the traffic. Orisunbare street was also constructed. repairs and surface asphalting were done at Orelope, karimu laka and so many adjoining streets in those areas. Many of the major streets there have new roads that were newly constructed and others were repaired.

I also know a lot of work was done in the surulere axis, costain, eric more etc

As early as 5:30-6a.m street sweepers are on major roads to clear all the filth people dump on the road. That is the most annoying habit for me in Lagos. Large dump trunks move around very early to pick up the trash and by noon, most places have been cleaned except some major market areas. In the area of clearing refuse i think he has done well. I remember some years back when major street corners, bus stops, lamp posts were heavy dump sites. I dont see all that again, even if they are, they are very few

When I drive from egbeda to V.I in the morning, 70% of the street lights work on the route i take, its a beautiful sight. From under bridge dopemu-to ikeja bank anthony way-maryland-ikorodu road-ikorodu road-western avenue-to apogbon-to V.I. The street lights work along most of the route.
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by tubolancer(m): 5:35pm On Jun 23, 2011
i remember when the israelite left Egypt,they complained to Moses take us back to Egypt,take us back us back to the land of anguish and gnashing of teeth.please let us have patient,Fashola will definitely work.We should stop heating up the polity,everyone wanted things to be done quickly for their own selfish end,you are only complaining after the rain fall what did you people do before the rain.you critize Gej,you critize Fasola but what have done within your family.
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by tubolancer(m): 5:36pm On Jun 23, 2011
i remember when the israelite left Egypt,they complained to Moses take us back to Egypt,take us back us back to the land of anguish and gnashing of teeth.please let us have patient,Fashola will definitely work.We should stop heating up the polity,everyone wanted things to be done quickly for their own selfish end,you are only complaining after the rain fall what did you people do before the rain.you critize Gej,you critize Fasola but what have done within your family.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Senate: Lawan Denies Meeting With PDP Governors / Orlu Zone Will Never Know Peace Until They Provide The Corpses - Nigeria Army / Boko Haram: FG Looks To China For More Weapons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.