Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,518 members, 7,826,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation (9135 Views)

Senate Summons Fashola Over Falling Bridges / VP Sambo Lambasts Fashola Over High Taxation & Alleged Claiming Of FG Projects / Presidency Chides Fashola Over Attack On Jonathan. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by Fhemmmy: 5:49pm On Jun 23, 2011
All these problems never started in one day and would take more than a day to be fixed . . . .
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by Hardeyorlah(f): 6:00pm On Jun 23, 2011
Atleast he is performin unlyk Tinubu regime
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by dammytosh: 6:13pm On Jun 23, 2011
hipinnacle:

My heart always bleed when i see mediocrity being celebrated in a country that is filled with everything; human, mineral, natural and physical resources.God has blessed Nigeria so much but the major challenge of this country is basically our inability to blend our resources with the human capacity we got. Gov.Fashola is always over-celebrated simply because out of many fools and corrupt idiots that we call leaders in this country, he is still d only one that is the better corrupt leader. i got 2 Lagos,most part are stil under-develop only d highland parts are fairly okay.But who do I castigate or blame. Followers, Nigerians-our thinking,mentallity and initiative is wrong. If we know our right,we will know that Governors or leaders that is repairing roads,providing basic ammenities etc. should be celebrated because they are all our right.How many times are we going to inform ourselves that we own Nigeria 2gether!Few people dominate while many people grumble over the wealth that belong to all.

Untill we reverse the way we think and celebrate idiots in this country, we shall everly remain backward.God intervene!

Question 1 : Is Fashola working ?
Ans 1 : Yes He is.

Question 2 : Is Fashola Better than most Governors ?
Ans 2 : Yes he is.

Question 3 : Is Fashola over Hyped and Over Celebrated ?
Ans 3 : Yes He is.

DON'T MIND THE ONCE I LIKE YOU , YOU ARE PERFECT SYCOPHANTS THAT ENCOURAGE MEDIOCRITY IN NIGERIA GOVERNMENT. COMPARED TO THE RESOURCES WE HAVE IN LAGOS, AND THE AMOUNT THAT HAS BEEN BORROWED IN TERMS OF LOANS, WE DESERVE MORE.
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by jmaine: 6:13pm On Jun 23, 2011
The first pure Fashola bashing thread  cheesy cheesy . . .though most comments are true especially the appalling security situation in the state . . nevertheless . .  Fashola is still showing the will to work even though at a  slow pace recently . . . wondering what happened to his blistering pace at the first 18 months of his administration . .where did that zest go to . .is Tinubu clamp on him still strong  sad sad  . .using him as a leverage to fund the ACN empire while Lagosians suffers the brunt of the multiple and heavy taxation imposed to serve as a cushion to their exploits  . . .   undecided undecided
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by Anvaller: 6:20pm On Jun 23, 2011
@Matiltom, U got it blatantly wrong by using Ibadan as an example for rot in public education. It has become habit for many to use Ibadan as an escape route to driving home their point from the Lagos overhype syndrome. Oyo State turned out to be the most effective implementer of the UBE scheme in the southwest geo zone, by your own judgement, you would have rated Lagos far above Oyo state in this category won't you?

You now went ahead to sweet talk about LASUTH just as if its another WONDER [/b]now let me tell you, that is not peculiar to Lagos, taking the same Ibadan where you work for instance, they also renovated their hospitals and even constructed a gigantic teaching hospital equipped with modern facilities,with another relatively large annex in Oyo town, have you seen it? I bet if it was Lagos that constructed such a structure, [b]Lagosians would asked Fashola to GO 3RD TERM. I advise you to make remarks within your scope, dont discuss issues outside your scope rather just listen and watch.

@AK47mann EkoIle does not usually contribute to a thread not started by him that is why is always recklessly rude to anyone who goes against the very opinion is trying to share with is post. I think he always has this feeling like "at least, this is my post, I can rubbish any counter opinion" He often advise people to go start their own thread if they don't like his.

@Dammytosh, You have made a lot of sense, this the same thing I ask people, tell me which Lagos governor did not perform. Tinubu was also hyped by Lagosians during his reigns but now they are saying he did not perform. Yet they voted en mass for a relatively uknown Fashola he endorsed back in 2007. Remember how Marwa was very popular during his time.

Someone was saying that the flood issue in Lagos is natural disaster, well Fashola should not be blamed for that in fairness to him because it has been a problem created for Lagos by Lagosians since way back although he should have startd a visiple planning showing that he has started doing something to rescue it but I disagree on the excuse that its a natural disaster. More than 50% of the Kingdom of the Netherlands is below sea level, this people don't experience flooding, it is perfectly managed and this is the area where their most important cities are, they call it Randstad (Amsterdam, Utrecht, The Hague and Rotterdam) instead of you to put pressure on your government to perform, you'd begin to find excuses for them most especially if it is a darling Fashola that you love soooo much (Nonsense).

I wonder why people can't just base their judgment on simple realistic analysis, someone was saying here that Lagos can not be like London because London is far richer than Lagos hence can not perform those wonders but Lagosians would never argue to this direction when they start comparing themselves with other states in the country. They would never say that Lagos has much more money and other advantages like the geographical location, the business capital and formal federal capital territory to its advantage to perform wonders compared to these other states.

Lagos' last budget was announced to be almost half a trillion naira while non of the southwest states announced a budget up to 200billion naira. Most of them were within 140/50billion naira. Now look at it. If you take Edo State for example, they are not going to spend their money on Benin city alone they have other smaller cities and towns that also needs development, same goes for Ogun, Oyo and so on. The new Oyo governor went to place advertorial on the paper telling his people that they should not put pressure on him on the salary because Lagos have paid, explaining to them that the reason is because Lagos is very rich. In the case of Oyo, he can not pay. Imagine an ACN governor raising such dust!
In the case of Lagos, their half a trillion budget is only for Lagos city so Lagos should be performing far better than they are doing right now. Remember that many Lagos projects are Public Private Patnership, there is a lot of private investments in those projects and interestingly, these are the projects making Lagosians fall over for fashola. The question is where exactly is Lagos money going?

People need to look at these parameters and others before they begin to over hype a Lagos government and run down others. Some can not put all these things together and make their own conclusion, they can not reason independently rather they prefer to follow popular opinions and stand on it. Very bad.
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by majoroller: 6:27pm On Jun 23, 2011
Someone just compare calabar to lagos,lagos is a commercial center so what do you expect even big cities like new york ,london and japan we see the kind of dirt lagos see everyday but the different is just that they have people working around the clock and in most cases all night to clear up the dirt and they also have bins in all high streets so when you drink your pure water you can throw it there,so why can lagos borrow this and have bins at every high streets so pure water sachet dont always go inside the gutters and block drainages, fashola is a good governor but in a bad state and a bad party he surely has all it takes to turn this state around and with the amount been collected as tax every month ,if given a free hand lagos will definately be a clean state and we shall witness good governance,
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by Koolking(m): 6:40pm On Jun 23, 2011
prodam:

No you are getting me wrong!!
Obama should be on the public platform more than any leader in the world and as such much is expected from him
the same thing applies to Fashola among other governors in Nigeria.
as for reckoning, physically He is free but spiritually,  no one is free including you and I

Prodam my brother, safe your energy, I am not here to argue with you over fashola and his achievements. Media propaganda in Fash's favour has brainwashed and made naivety of most Nigerians. Reality has been beclouded by sentiments. The bottomline is: Lagos State status [human and infrastructural]  is far below the daily revenue generated. Development vis-à-vis tax [revenue] does not commensurate.

It is high time we stopped celebrating incompetencies and corruption. We will all be judged by posterity.

God bless us!
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by dayokanu(m): 6:49pm On Jun 23, 2011
lekyar:

@Dayokanu, never thought you'll resort to insulting anyone as an objective contributor to this forum but, If you live in Ejigbo/Alimosho axis you'll know my criticism has nothing to do with blocked drainages. A friend had to phone the guy in charge of works as to why the Isolo/ Ejigbo rd under construction since last year has not been concluded and the dude point to the FG not remitting their part of the counterpart funding. Beats me to see how Lagos will progress on these fronts when they've to go to PDP center for funds.

Where have I insulted you, Pls point it out in bold.

I used to live in Egbeda-Akowonjo and I know the area very well

Lets use the example you gave now. A federal road is jointly owned by the federal and State gov with joint responsibilities. If the federeal gov is refusing to do their own part, Now how is Fashola to blame for that?

@Anvaller,

Pls do us a favour Can you show us what Lagos income is and divide it by the population, Now compare it to any state in Nigeria and lets see the result.

If you have 1000 to spend on 700 people and I have 200 to spend on 3 people who would be better off
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by seunlayi(m): 8:00pm On Jun 23, 2011
What is so special about this man? Well, "a one eyed man in a land full of blind people will always be their king"
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by alfablondy: 9:08pm On Jun 23, 2011
Eko Ile, where u dey now, still waiting for your comment. but no yab people sha o!

Eko o ni baje o! o ba je ti!
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by noblemuk: 10:22pm On Jun 23, 2011
NIGERIAN are hard to please. FASHOLA is working, if you are to complain of flooding you should have been around in the sixties to help our leaders then take a better decision to have suspended the whole of Lagos at least 7meters above sea level. right now it is too late, and you complain its FASHOLA. If he should demolish your houses you will say he is callous and wicked and you will expect him to remunerate owners with all the state's fund. FASHOLA IS WORKING, LAGOS IS WORKING,
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by fyneguy: 11:53pm On Jun 23, 2011
grin

More PDP members should come to NL and try their luck. May be it will boost their chances in 2015.
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by EkoIle1: 1:00am On Jun 24, 2011
alfablondy:

Eko Ile, where u dey now, still waiting for your comment. but no yab people sha o!

Eko o ni baje o! o ba je ti!

I try not to entertain these silly and moronic threads for obvious reasons.

Saying Fashola is overrated is basically some ignorant posters' opinion on NL, not the general opinion of the people of the Great State Of Lagos.

The tax payers and people of Lagos state are Fashola's Boss, they pay his salary and it's up to them to decide if he's overacted or not, not some hatemonging ibo losers on NL and if I might add, 82% of the voting electorates in Lagos during the last elections spoke loud and clear by sending him back to Alahusa with a landslide victory.

These clowns on NL really don't matter, they really don't.
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by yesboss20(m): 1:19am On Jun 24, 2011
Honestly, Lagos is a very complicated city. The people can be very obstinate. You just have to experience it to understand. The no. 1 issue with the state remains effective waste mgt and hw to educate the masses on protecting the environment because at times, they seem not to care.
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by yesboss20(m): 1:19am On Jun 24, 2011
Honestly, Lagos is a very complicated city. The people can be very obstinate. You just have to experience it to understand. The no. 1 issue with the state remains effective waste mgt and hw to educate the masses on protecting the environment because at times, they seem not to care.
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by tEsLim(m): 8:08am On Jun 24, 2011
Well most of the flooding problem is not government problem per say since lagosians have turned the drainages to durst bin. And by the way the pressure on Lagos is too much. Go to Ojota, Mile2 and Yaba to see how many villagers or people from other state flock the state daily. I hear the statistics is about 20k+ people. Lagos is like Jand or yankee to this people they do all things to get here and believe they can hustle to make money and wanna send back cars / build us in the village by December we have more destitute and nuisance in Lagos than any other state. While lagosian themselves are trying to ja to the real Jand and Yankee. You know how many trucks move around the states daily, how many cars? Its quicker for me to get to Ijebu Ode maybe 1hr 20 mins or Ibadan. Than for me to go from Ojota to Egbeda/Idimu where I will spend total of 2hrs 30mins. I've done this several times. My mum always say 1 rich man amongst thousands of poor people is a poor man too. (Because he will be drained)

What I'm trying to say is if there is development in other states the pressure on Lagos will reduce. When you travel abroad you will notice that the level of development is a spread through one. Civilization everywhere , even what the white men call their own villages or counties omo I fine and dey ok pass Victoria island and Abuja together. Provide housing for this people, build business districts, empower factories with electricity people have more jobs in the villages. Because there are more unused lands in other states than Lagos where factories can actually buy 2000 hectares of land for production. Empower farmers they'll be richer than bankers in Lagos. They wont even think of coming here when farmer earning alone from is cocoa export makes him almost a billionaire. New age Farmers are usually rich people or ok , its only in naija that they're very poor.
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by Reference(m): 9:16am On Jun 24, 2011
majoroller:

Someone just compare calabar to lagos,lagos is a commercial center so what do you expect even big cities like new york ,london and japan we see the kind of dirt lagos see everyday but the different is just that they have people working around the clock and in most cases all night to clear up the dirt and they also have bins in all high streets so when you drink your pure water you can throw it there,so why can lagos borrow this and have bins at every high streets so pure water sachet dont always go inside the gutters and block drainages, fashola is a good governor but in a bad state and a bad party he surely has all it takes to turn this state around and with the amount been collected as tax every month ,if given a free hand lagos will definately be a clean state and we shall witness good governance,

Fine if you would have to replace them every six months. Look let us be realistic. If the average Londoner or New-Yorker would use and no abuse those bins, nick and resell them then you could extend your resources. Handrails gone, streetlights gone. Even the wrought iron mini fencing used to protect sidewalk lawns are fast disappearing in high brow Ikeja, all in the name of poverty. Ask those people and what they say is the economy is bad. There is a disconnect between prosperity and the environment that is evident on the streets and on this forum.

You cannot make a hungry man care for his environment. You cannot make him leave a bustling city though he has no job, you cannot make him obey laws. Fashola cannot change the mindset of Lagosians, he can only appeal. He cannot raise the per capita, he can only provide an enabling environment. London may be cheaper than Liverpool but we don't speak of Londoners, we speak of the British. He cannot create an island of splendor in the middle of a poor and backward country. If he does Lagos will become an even bigger magnet and perhaps the 20,000 souls entering the city a day will become like 200,000.

Believe me if we want to turn around this situation fast we need even more sacrifices as a people than we are currently offering. Watching the series currently running on BBC knowledge about Lagos the running battles between KAI, the baddies and the people what you ca glean out of the whole thing is that the average Nigerian, Lagosian is unwilling to give up anything for others or his environment all in the name of poverty.

While we are busy here blaming government for everything, people (right now) are building shops on drains, trading on the streets, vendors throwing corn cobs and husks, plantain peels into gutters with a care free attitude. Do you have to tell a man in New York or an Asian shop keeper in Birmingham to sweep the front of his shop. But Lagos has to shut down till ten in the morning on Thursdays to get people to clean up at a cost to government (in enforcement personnel, equipment and the works) of hundreds of millions per year. This is a monumental waste to attack waste. We can take care of our houses and shops ourselves. When we see a fellow passing by our house and drops a sachet of pure water we can bin t or call him to task. What is all this government this, government that. How many government bins are in the village. Why is the place not filthy. Simple because attitudes are different. The village belongs to us, the cities belong to government.
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by tunde300us(m): 9:34am On Jun 24, 2011
Lagos is below sea level,why is anyone surprised that after every major rain there will be flash flood.How can one explain flood for close to 8 hrs after rain in places like aba, onitsha
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by mohid(m): 10:01am On Jun 24, 2011
Reference:

Fine if you would have to replace them every six months. Look let us be realistic. If the average Londoner or New-Yorker would use and no abuse those bins, nick and resell them then you could extend your resources. Handrails gone, streetlights gone. Even the wrought iron mini fencing used to protect sidewalk lawns are fast disappearing in high brow Ikeja, all in the name of poverty. Ask those people and what they say is the economy is bad. There is a disconnect between prosperity and the environment that is evident on the streets and on this forum.

You cannot make a hungry man care for his environment. You cannot make him leave a bustling city though he has no job, you cannot make him obey laws. Fashola cannot change the mindset of Lagosians, he can only appeal. He cannot raise the per capita, he can only provide an enabling environment. London may be cheaper than Liverpool but we don't speak of Londoners, we speak of the British. He cannot create an island of splendor in the middle of a poor and backward country. If he does Lagos will become an even bigger magnet and perhaps the 20,000 souls entering the city a day will become like 200,000.

Believe me if we want to turn around this situation fast we need even more sacrifices as a people than we are currently offering. Watching the series currently running on BBC knowledge about Lagos the running battles between KAI, the baddies and the people what you ca glean out of the whole thing is that the average Nigerian, Lagosian is unwilling to give up anything for others or his environment all in the name of poverty.

While we are busy here blaming government for everything, people (right now) are building shops on drains, trading on the streets, vendors throwing corn cobs and husks, plantain peels into gutters with a care free attitude. Do you have to tell a man in New York or an Asian shop keeper in Birmingham to sweep the front of his shop. But Lagos has to shut down till ten in the morning on Thursdays to get people to clean up at a cost to government (in enforcement personnel, equipment and the works) of hundreds of millions per year. This is a monumental waste to attack waste. We can take care of our houses and shops ourselves. When we see a fellow passing by our house and drops a sachet of pure water we can bin t or call him to task. What is all this government this, government that. How many government bins are in the village. Why is the place not filthy. Simple because attitudes are different. The village belongs to us, the cities belong to government.

Makes plenty of sense, it’s not about Fashola but the mindset of Lagosians. The average lagosian feels doing right is “dulling”. I remember visiting Calabar and was shocked to see that even a perceived illiterate “Okada” rider would castigate u for throwing dirt on the street. In Accra a cab driver pursued a friend for over 2km for throwing an ice cream pack out of his car and forced him to drive back and pick it up, else he would be reported to the police.
I think as a deterrent, a practice in Seoul the South Korean capital could be initiated in Lagos, where citizens get huge monetary rewards for reporting fellow road users that break traffic laws. It could also be done for those that don’t discard waste properly. Offenders would be made to pay heavy fines and those that report them should be handsomely rewarded. I think Fashola can do more however I think Lagosians can do much more. Their role doesn’t just end with paying tax!
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by 1301: 11:28am On Jun 24, 2011
[right][left]Am quite astonished at the way we draw conclusions on certain issues as it has to do with Governance, as much as i do not support poor infrastructures.I feel

we the populace should be a bit patient with our Leaders esp. those who are really trying to make things better.We all expect things to change immediately at

least of the 36 Governors in the Country we would say Fashola ranked top 2 in terms of development at a rapid level compared to the others(including those from

the oil rich states that could march Lagos revenue status).
I personally think its rather too early to start running our mouth against a hardworking Governor cos i feel he deserves more than what most of u are yapping 4.
Come to think of it rain has been falling in Lagos since May til now, do u expect them to work in it?read the papers and see what Fashola is setting

up ahead for the State in terms of Security, Waste mgt, Railway developmt n d likes in barely 2 months already. Wat r the rest doing?
Lets give him a break, he realy does deserve a retreat wt his team to move the state ahead.Hyping Fashola is nt a bad idea considering d ray of Hope d
that he

has shown forth to a people long deprived of such developments despite the much revenue.
So be guided detractors of good works and achievements. Let the Man be!After all, most of us may not do as much as he has so far, so lets give him a break. smiley
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by member479760: 11:55am On Jun 24, 2011
the guyman is busy filling things out.
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by YomiKaycee: 2:18pm On Jun 24, 2011
IMO, Gov Fash is indeed trying, at least making some efforts but he has been overly overrated! I curse each time I drive through Isolo - Ikotun road.
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by lekyar(m): 3:41pm On Jun 24, 2011
YomiKaycee:

IMO, Gov Fash is indeed trying, at least making some efforts but he has been overly overrated! I curse each time I drive through Isolo - Ikotun road.

That's my point. That road is like Lagos/Sagamu/Benin expressway in Lagos context. Fashola may as well do somtim abt it or all the so called achievement will be consigned to the dustbin of history.
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by vislabraye(m): 4:20pm On Jun 24, 2011
I can't see flood in Lagos. . The area near the tool gates don't have floods. . I don't think thats the picture of Lagos, may its one of the PDP's states
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by Sammiejo: 5:50pm On Jun 24, 2011
IMHO he is simply over rated and hyped.
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by maksum: 6:11pm On Jun 24, 2011
MY OPINION. IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO MAKE COMPARISM WITH NO YARD STICK. IF U WANT TO REALLY KNOW IF FASH IS WORKING THEN U HAVE TO KNOW HOW MUCH MONEY HE CONTROLS. THEN AFTERWARDS COMPARE HIS ACHIEVEMENTS VIS A VIS THE RESOURCES AVAILABLE. THIS COMPARISMS SHOULD BE MADE TAKING A CASE STUDY SAY FROM A STATE OR PROVINCE IN MALAYSIA FOR INSTANCE WITH THESAME EARNINGS AS LAGOS STATE THEN U WILL KNOW IF HE IS WORKING OR DECIEVING US. PERSONALLY I THINK HE CAN DO MUCH MORE. LAGOS HAS MORE BAD ROADS THAN GOOD ONES. THEY ARE THEY FOR ANY ONE TO NOTICE, THE QUESTION IS Y? PROJECTS TAKE SO LONG TO COMPLETE AND BELIEVE ME IN OTHER PARTS OF THE WORLD IT IS NOT LIKE THAT, AGAIN Y? HE REALLY NEEDS TO WORK MUCH HARDER HE HAS SO MUCH TO DO AND HE NEEDS TO FIND OUT HOW TO GET IT DONE FAST. HE STARTED WELL AND NEEDS TO GO TO THE NEXT LEVEL.
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by vislabraye(m): 4:10pm On Jun 25, 2011
maksum:

MY OPINION. IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO MAKE COMPARISM WITH NO YARD STICK. IF U WANT TO REALLY KNOW IF FASH IS WORKING THEN U HAVE TO KNOW HOW MUCH MONEY HE CONTROLS. THEN AFTERWARDS COMPARE HIS ACHIEVEMENTS VIS A VIS THE RESOURCES AVAILABLE. THIS COMPARISMS SHOULD BE MADE TAKING A CASE STUDY SAY FROM A STATE OR PROVINCE IN MALAYSIA FOR INSTANCE WITH THESAME EARNINGS AS LAGOS STATE THEN U WILL KNOW IF HE IS WORKING OR DECIEVING US. PERSONALLY I THINK HE CAN DO MUCH MORE. LAGOS HAS MORE BAD ROADS THAN GOOD ONES. THEY ARE THEY FOR ANY ONE TO NOTICE, THE QUESTION IS Y? PROJECTS TAKE SO LONG TO COMPLETE AND BELIEVE ME IN OTHER PARTS OF THE WORLD IT IS NOT LIKE THAT, AGAIN Y? HE REALLY NEEDS TO WORK MUCH HARDER HE HAS SO MUCH TO DO AND HE NEEDS TO FIND OUT HOW TO GET IT DONE FAST. HE STARTED WELL AND NEEDS TO GO TO THE NEXT LEVEL.

That's right. Lagos earns more revenue than any other state so we should expect more.
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by EkoIle1: 4:26pm On Jun 25, 2011
vislabraye:

That's right. Lagos earns more revenue than any other state so we should expect more.

You are wrong, Cross Rivers with just 5 million people earns more and post higher budget than Lagos state with 18 million people.

You should be expecting more from Cross Rivers and less from Lagos.

Educate your self about these little facts.
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by backbelle: 5:06pm On Jun 25, 2011
Anti fashola's are at it again.should he start demolishing houses now,u will be the first to castigate him.na wa o 4 some people o!
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by phantom(m): 6:39pm On Jun 25, 2011
eko ile tell your tin God to stop commissiong abattoirs and poultries and repair lagos drainages.it is a priority regardless of what anyone thinks, and by the way its difficult to take you seriously when you do not know the difference between cross rivers and rivers,
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by EkoIle1: 7:13pm On Jun 25, 2011
phantom:

eko ile tell your tin God to stop commissiong abattoirs and poultries and repair lagos drainages.it is a priority regardless of what anyone thinks

Obviously a reflection of your own ignorance because a quick trip to the state's website for don educate you that the state is constructing drainage systems and has been. No amount of drainage system can stop flooding, even the most advanced countries in the world with good drainage systems still experience flooding. 

24 people just died from floodings in Kano state, are you concerned about that or it's just Lagos state you feel like crying about as usual?

Do you need me to start posting flood pics and reports from Akwa Ibom to enugu, abia, owerri, rivers and cross rivers? Shouldn't they be doing nothing but building drainage too.?

Olodo, do you want me to tell him to stop commisioning schools, hospitals, roads and bridges too and build nothing but drainage because that's the only thing Lagosians sent him to Alausa to do?

You people are too ignorant and petty for your own good

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Igbos In Lagos State May Be On Settling Their Differences With The Yoruba's / List Of Nigeria Vice Presidents From 1966 Till Date / PANDEF: Yemi Osinbajo Frustrating Development In Niger Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.