Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,246 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Thinking Aloud - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Thinking Aloud (771 Views)

Guys, 10 Ways To Get Her Thinking About You / Thinking Of Makin Luv To My Cousin.. / Thinking Aloud (a Nagging Ex Gf) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Thinking Aloud by Shanice111: 2:42am On Jun 23, 2011
It is 2am and I haven't slept. I have been thinking critically,its hard to sleep when the clock is ticking even though I know that sleep is good. I ama  26 years old woman and say what you like there is heavy pressure  for me to get married. If you don't believe this it is three things you are not Nigerian, you haven't followed nairaland's topics and you are not a woman. I am very attractive, well educated so everyone expects me to have "settled" by now, sadly after one too many near misses, I am waiting for the one that is meant for me. In the meantime, I had the strangest encounter with a "man of God"? who offered to pray for me. You see out of curiosity I did contact him after hearing that he is called to the single ministry whatever this means. Well we talked and he goes that my husband will locate me but I have to "sow a seed". I prayed he will not say money because I am very weary of this "Nigerian god" who needs money all the time. Well you guessed, he wanted money infact plenty of it and I gave him the most difficult phone call ever, educating him with scriptures why God doesn't need my money to give me something I need. I am allergic to bullshit sorry no offense intended.

Now as I lie here, I wonder just how many people have lost the little they have over bogus expectations. I am thinking maybe I would start a useful match making organization. Too many people are single because opportunities to meet other like minded singles are oftentimes limited. Or maybe I won't start any match making association, I would just get marry and forget I was ever single ( I doubt this I am too passionate about solving problems and now singleness looks like a problem, no thanks to my loving society). From my own singleness if you may I have learnt that the unnecessary pressure to marry, emphasized by many a nairaland post including mine is a sad culture. If you are over 30 and still a "Miss" you must have been a LovePeddler or have a very very very bad character (Oh yes be very afraid)! If me with all my "common sense hopefully and sometimes good judgment" could make that call that was going to extract a "seed" from me, then I only wonder how may "seedless seeds" have gone to waste. There are terrible problems the world over, sometimes its hard to deal with these storms. I understand this reality, and  why "problem entrepreneurs" capitalize and exploit these situations. I get that, somewhat. There is always a "quick solution" to a pending problem from someone who has no clue on how to solve theirs!

My final thought as I retire to my cold yet loving bed. Maybe just maybe when we pray God has heard and He will answer us in His own time. the waiting period is unbelievably hard, lonely, depressing and sometimes all of the listed challenges. Still, if we manage to wake up everyday positive and hopeful someday we will experience our own miracles. Mine would be a man who is after God's heart that loves humanity and then me, for you it maybe a child or the lounging for the lost love of a spouse or something else. Whatever it is can we all agree to just wait? Can I be a little more patient that my time will come? I hope so. At least for one thing I would still have my money or seed to sow to someone who truly needs it, like a child without a parent or a widow. Dear Lord, forgive my unbelief, I am only human, I know you will do it, but I panic. I guess that how Peter walked on water and then almost drowned? We are the same yeah? Okay am off to sleep. From my rumblings, I guess my point is can society just cut single women and men I guess (over 50 or  70 maybe, the rest under this age bracket are  regarded as fine, fair world right?) some slack? And of course can people stop taking advantage of other people's problems (I doubt my 2 cents anyways)? and lastly, if you are like me and scared stiff about the future, I guess you are not alone (this should be comforting, if you agree to be comforted) but whilst you wait don't get desperate. Too many entrepreneurs in Naija, everyone is hungry and wants to eat, don't forget that! If you must give, give to charity whatever charity means to you! cheers!
Re: Thinking Aloud by Nobody: 3:36am On Jun 23, 2011
At least in your single state you remain wise. 26 years is not old enuff to be scared of being lonely, you are still young by local and international standards.Just don't let desperation get to you when it comes to choosing a hubby desperation alwys makes wrong decisions.

(1) (Reply)

Is These Love? / I Want Her Back2 / My Girlfriend;

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.