Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

Please Web Developers Take A Look At My Resume - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Please Web Developers Take A Look At My Resume (1871 Views)

Take A Look At Portfolio Website Designed By Taraba Youth. / Seun Must Hire Me As His UI Designer Oh, Take A Look At This Design For NL / Mentorship For Beginner Web Developers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Web Developers Take A Look At My Resume by ahmedsaniadamu(m): 10:48pm On Feb 05, 2022
please I need your review.

1 Like

Re: Please Web Developers Take A Look At My Resume by DepressedCyborg: 10:59pm On Feb 05, 2022
My suggestions
Remove your picture, age, gender, relationship status.

Remove the training section, it's still the same university training.

You've only worked 2 years and graduated this year. How are you suddenly a senior engineer?

If your tech focus is web development, why mention c++?
Don't put everything on your cv just put the absolute necessary details.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Web Developers Take A Look At My Resume by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:07pm On Feb 05, 2022
You put senior grin cheesy. Remove your picture some people are very racist.

3 Likes

Re: Please Web Developers Take A Look At My Resume by ahmedsaniadamu(m): 12:06am On Feb 06, 2022
DepressedCyborg:
My suggestions

You've only worked 2 years and graduated this year. How are you suddenly a senior engineer?

thanks.
I will rework on it.
but is the image not really important
Re: Please Web Developers Take A Look At My Resume by LikeAking: 12:08am On Feb 06, 2022
DepressedCyborg:
My suggestions

What about on linkedin,etc? @ removing pics.
Re: Please Web Developers Take A Look At My Resume by ahmedsaniadamu(m): 2:25am On Feb 06, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

bro. I'm asking for a review and suggestion it's something funny
Re: Please Web Developers Take A Look At My Resume by stanliwise(m): 8:44am On Feb 06, 2022
ahmedsaniadamu:
You spoke about Everything except your work experience. You didn’t list the project you worked on and the technical contributions to you made.
Saying you know this and that language aint enough. Why not list out things that would prove them right?

Or is it that you haven’t done any work with your skills yet?

4 Likes

Re: Please Web Developers Take A Look At My Resume by ahmedsaniadamu(m): 8:55am On Feb 06, 2022
stanliwise:

You spoke about Everything except your work experience. You didn’t list the project you worked on and the technical contributions to you made.
Saying you know this and that language aint enough. Why not list out things that would prove them right?

Or is it that you haven’t done any work with your skills yet?

it's a good practice to include your personal project in your resume?
thank you for your positive review
Re: Please Web Developers Take A Look At My Resume by The5DME(m): 11:23am On Feb 06, 2022
Abiki sef wan code?

1 Like

Re: Please Web Developers Take A Look At My Resume by mrfizy(m): 12:52pm On Feb 06, 2022
The5DME:
Abiki sef wan code?
So?

1 Like

Re: Please Web Developers Take A Look At My Resume by stanliwise(m): 1:44pm On Feb 06, 2022
ahmedsaniadamu:

Well anything that helps the HR or anyone employing you see a proof of skill is what matters

1 Like

Re: Please Web Developers Take A Look At My Resume by ahmedsaniadamu(m): 1:48pm On Feb 06, 2022
stanliwise:

Well anything that helps the HR or anyone employing you see a proof of skill is what matters

thank you very much.
I will edit it today
Re: Please Web Developers Take A Look At My Resume by stanliwise(m): 1:50pm On Feb 06, 2022
ahmedsaniadamu:

thank you very much.
I will edit it today
If the project has live links. Put it in such a way that the employer can click to it
Re: Please Web Developers Take A Look At My Resume by kennethfranc(m): 3:05pm On Feb 06, 2022
The5DME:
Abiki sef wan code?
You that have been coding, what have you achieved?

2 Likes

Re: Please Web Developers Take A Look At My Resume by The5DME(m): 3:13pm On Feb 06, 2022
kennethfranc:

You that have been coding, what have you achieved?
Are you alright?
Re: Please Web Developers Take A Look At My Resume by kennethfranc(m): 3:16pm On Feb 06, 2022
The5DME:
Are you alright?
Not here to exchange words...#SaynotoTribalism

3 Likes

Re: Please Web Developers Take A Look At My Resume by ahmedsaniadamu(m): 4:32pm On Feb 06, 2022
stanliwise:

If the project has live links. Put it in such a way that the employer can click to it

yes I did it. I also added a link to the github repo
Re: Please Web Developers Take A Look At My Resume by stanliwise(m): 4:55pm On Feb 06, 2022
ahmedsaniadamu:

yes I did it. I also added a link to the github repo
Meanwhile how are you a senior web developer?
Re: Please Web Developers Take A Look At My Resume by ahmedsaniadamu(m): 9:42pm On Feb 06, 2022
stanliwise:
Meanwhile how are you a senior web developer?

I changed it to just web developer in short

1 Like

Re: Please Web Developers Take A Look At My Resume by Ayo081(m): 12:06am On Feb 07, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
You put senior
cheesy
Re: Please Web Developers Take A Look At My Resume by stanliwise(m): 12:29am On Feb 07, 2022
ahmedsaniadamu:

I changed it to just web developer in short
please change your career objectives. Haba “assist”? We know you’re looking for a job please don’t let it look like you’re begging for work.

Write career objectives in such a way that when an employer reads it, he/she would get the idea that your goals will profit his bussiness.

It should be about your future intentions and how such intentions would be helpful to the employer

2 Likes

Re: Please Web Developers Take A Look At My Resume by Stephen0mozzy: 6:13am On Feb 07, 2022
ahmedsaniadamu:

First of all; if it means typing out this CV in Microsoft before exporting it to pdf or other formats, please do; that footer "Create PDF in your applications with the PdfCrowd" should not be in the copy of your CV you're putting out there.

1. Watch out for spellings and punctuations o....remember, some people can be turned off by simple mistakes on a professional document - especially in an IT field, it shows you're not attentive to details. example:

UNDER THE PROFILE
a. The space between innovative and the comma, remove it (i.e Innovative , task) instead of Innovative, task.
b. There should be a - between task and driven (i.e Task-driven); but I will prefer you use terms like self-motivated/self-driven/purpose-driven, goal-oriented.
c. "Web design and development" - either use all small letters i.e. web design and development or use Web Design and Development (like a Field).
d. There's to much "and" in your closing paragraph. Verbosity does not always impress as much as we think. Be brief and straight to the point.

UNDER THE CAREER OBJECTIVE
e. "To be able to" is too wordy; rather use "To Work for an......"
f. It is not assists (remove the 's' at the end).
g. Remove the space between developing and comma
h. I think you should rewrite your Career Objective sha....

EDUCATION
i. Why are the texts in blue fonts smaller than their accompanying black texts?
ii. Don't write your degree class in all lowercase: It should be Second Class [Upper Division]

WORK EXPERIENCE
i. I think you should add a general location of the work experience, i.e. Sky InfoTech, Lagos Nigeria
ii. Don't start a sentence with small letters
iii. It is not "hight" quality.....it is high quality
iv. remove the space between website and comma.
v. Don't capitalize a verb in mid sentence (remove the capital letter D in Diagnosed)
vi. Also it is not Diagonised and troubleshoot, it is diagnose and troubleshoot.......

COURSES AND TRAININGS
1. Don't write the school in small letters na - It is Yobe State University, Nigeria (CSC3301)
2. Why not look for free courses on linkedin/udemy/coursera and do so that you can add it here. For someone claiming Senior Developer, you norva get many free or accredited certifications o (just kidding sha...I know you have changed it)

Relationship: Is this one necessary? It should be "Single" not "single"

LANGUAGES:
Since the heading is already Languages, shey any need dey to put Language under the lists?

Note: This is not a developer's review o. It's just a developer-wish-to-be giving a "layman proofreading"

5 Likes

Re: Please Web Developers Take A Look At My Resume by ahmedsaniadamu(m): 9:50pm On Feb 07, 2022
Stephen0mozzy:

First of all; if it means typing out this CV in Microsoft before exporting it to pdf or other formats, please do; that footer "Create PDF in your applications with the PdfCrowd" should not be in the copy of your CV you're putting out there.

1. Watch out for spellings and punctuations o....remember, some people can be turned off by simple mistakes on a professional document - especially in an IT field, it shows you're not attentive to details. example:

UNDER THE PROFILE
a. The space between innovative and the comma, remove it (i.e Innovative , task) instead of Innovative, task.
b. There should be a - between task and driven (i.e Task-driven); but I will prefer you use terms like self-motivated/self-driven/purpose-driven, goal-oriented.
c. "Web design and development" - either use all small letters i.e. web design and development or use Web Design and Development (like a Field).
d. There's to much "and" in your closing paragraph. Verbosity does not always impress as much as we think. Be brief and straight to the point.

UNDER THE CAREER OBJECTIVE
e. "To be able to" is too wordy; rather use "To Work for an......"
f. It is not assists (remove the 's' at the end).
g. Remove the space between developing and comma
h. I think you should rewrite your Career Objective sha....

EDUCATION
i. Why are the texts in blue fonts smaller than their accompanying black texts?
ii. Don't write your degree class in all lowercase: It should be Second Class [Upper Division]

WORK EXPERIENCE
i. I think you should add a general location of the work experience, i.e. Sky InfoTech, Lagos Nigeria
ii. Don't start a sentence with small letters
iii. It is not "hight" quality.....it is high quality
iv. remove the space between website and comma.
v. Don't capitalize a verb in mid sentence (remove the capital letter D in Diagnosed)
vi. Also it is not Diagonised and troubleshoot, it is diagnose and troubleshoot.......

COURSES AND TRAININGS
1. Don't write the school in small letters na - It is Yobe State University, Nigeria (CSC3301)
2. Why not look for free courses on linkedin/udemy/coursera and do so that you can add it here. For someone claiming Senior Developer, you norva get many free or accredited certifications o (just kidding sha...I know you have changed it)

Relationship: Is this one necessary? It should be "Single" not "single"

LANGUAGES:
Since the heading is already Languages, shey any need dey to put Language under the lists?

Note: This is not a developer's review o. It's just a developer-wish-to-be giving a "layman proofreading"

thank you positive review bro.
I will put your points in to consideration

1 Like

Re: Please Web Developers Take A Look At My Resume by BigDawsNet: 6:46pm On Feb 08, 2022
Remove that Senior developer
Your experience in the work field doesn't not qualify you as a senior programmer..

Picture, address ain't important in your resume

And try to remove your Cgpa... Nobody cares about it... IT HR are only looking for Developer with skills

1 Like

Re: Please Web Developers Take A Look At My Resume by BigDawsNet: 6:46pm On Feb 08, 2022
Remove that Senior developer
Your experience in the work field doesn't not qualify you as a senior programmer..

Picture, address ain't important in your resume

And try to remove your Cgpa... Nobody cares about it... IT HR are only looking for Developer with skills and experience
Re: Please Web Developers Take A Look At My Resume by qtguru(m): 11:39pm On Feb 08, 2022
2 years = Senior Web Developer ?? times have changed

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Web Developers Take A Look At My Resume by emmyN(m): 3:45am On Feb 09, 2022
qtguru:
2 years = Senior Web Developer ?? times have changed

Don't be jealous bro cheesy
Re: Please Web Developers Take A Look At My Resume by qtguru(m): 4:03am On Feb 09, 2022
emmyN:

Don't be jealous bro cheesy

The interview gets harder, the senior you are.
Re: Please Web Developers Take A Look At My Resume by emmyN(m): 9:54am On Feb 09, 2022
qtguru:

The interview gets harder, the senior you are.
See set up na cheesy. After reading this our guy will surely reconsider.
Re: Please Web Developers Take A Look At My Resume by qtguru(m): 1:58pm On Feb 09, 2022
emmyN:

See set up na cheesy. After reading this our guy will surely reconsider.

Yes nau, if you are senior expect to know Algo, Platforms and scaling related topics, and looking at his CV he has basic experience. He is setting himself up for strong questions.

1 Like

Re: Please Web Developers Take A Look At My Resume by airsaylongcome: 4:59pm On Feb 09, 2022
ahmedsaniadamu:

YES
Re: Please Web Developers Take A Look At My Resume by airsaylongcome: 5:01pm On Feb 09, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

grin grin grin

Even 5star veterans with proven experience dey fear to put senior

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Just Finished Sec. School, Am Hell In Love With Programming,i Need The Basics! / Software Developer Vacancy In An IT Firm. / What Is The Highest Number Output By This Function...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.