Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,450 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab (14081 Views)

Adamu Adamu Flown To Germany Over Undisclosed Medical Condition - SR / Adamu Adamu To Replace Abba Kyari As Buhari’s Chief Of Staff - Sahara Reporters / Adamu Adamu: I Worked As Buhari’s Speech Writer For Five Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by mcquin(m): 7:43am On Feb 07, 2022
Does the constitution forbid selling of alcohol? How come in Kano businesses of persons into the sale of alcohol are being targeted? When you talk, they say if you can't stay in Kano, relocate. Isn't that double standards?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by Nobody: 7:44am On Feb 07, 2022
Dorad:
I really have no issue with my fellow colleagues wearing hijab at school... I believe it's part of their identify bit my problem is with students wearing burqu

You are right here
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by Nobody: 7:44am On Feb 07, 2022
mcquin:
Does the constitution forbid selling of alcohol? How come in Kano businesses of persons into the sale of alcohol are being targeted?

Yes
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by helinues: 7:45am On Feb 07, 2022
Khaleepha5681:

Inside your school too.

Just don't admit Moslem girls

When would Nigeria Muslims have their own private university?
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by Nobody: 7:45am On Feb 07, 2022
Yy
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by limeta(f): 7:46am On Feb 07, 2022
Fight and kill them where ever you find them
hijab jihad
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by mcquin(m): 7:46am On Feb 07, 2022
Khaleepha5681:

Yes

Kindly direct us to such part of the constitution.

Regards!
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by Nobody: 7:46am On Feb 07, 2022
ContentedK:
Terrorist

Has been exposed
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by kevoh(m): 7:47am On Feb 07, 2022
Not once will you ever see Nigerian Parents protest/riot over a dearth of science laboratory equipment in schools or children's zero interest in practical related subjects! It's always about religious mumbo jumbo!

1 Like

Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by austinsmat(m): 7:47am On Feb 07, 2022
Wear hijab in an Islamic school period
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by Theunbothered: 7:47am On Feb 07, 2022
Muslims always want special treatment wherever they go.

If I carry charms now and say it's my religion police will brutalise me.

They should focus on building up their communities instead of fighting over a cloth from twisted doctrine.
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by Nonexisting: 7:48am On Feb 07, 2022
"He noted that all citizens are allowed to practise their religions as long as no harm or inconvenience is caused to other people." Here you have it. The other people who are the proprietors of the Kwara school feel inconvenienced so can the hijab wearing girls go to schools where people will not feel inconvenienced please.

7 Likes

Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by Nobody: 7:48am On Feb 07, 2022
mcquin:

Kindly direct us to such part of the constitution.

Regards!

The constitution allows Shari'a.
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by SLOVFO(m): 7:48am On Feb 07, 2022
I can imagine a young lady wearing miniskirt to a quaranic school. Would such be permitted? Does Nigerian constitution forbids that?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by rippa(m): 7:49am On Feb 07, 2022
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by affable4(m): 7:50am On Feb 07, 2022
seunmsg:
Muslim students who want to wear hijab should attend Muslim schools. Christian students who want to wear cassock or any religious garb should attend Christian/missionary schools. Public schools should be for everybody and the dressing should be secular.

My brother, very simple something. Not so difficult. I wonder why we deliberately make things difficult for ourselves in this country.
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by TheNiceGuy(m): 7:50am On Feb 07, 2022
Trash.

They'll continue to wear hijab in schools Irrespective of the name as long as it's own and catered for by the Government.

NO GOING BACK [s]
seunmsg:
Muslim students who want to wear hijab should attend Muslim schools. Christian students who want to wear cassock or any religious garb should attend Christian/missionary schools. Public schools should be for everybody and the dressing should be secular.
[/s]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by Nobody: 7:50am On Feb 07, 2022
austinsmat:
Wear hijab in an Islamic school period

Public schools are for anyone.

And any private school that admit Moslem, must allow them to be Moslems.

1 Like

Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by Nobody: 7:51am On Feb 07, 2022
affable4:

My brother, very simple something. Not so difficult. I wonder why we deliberately make things difficult for ourselves in this country.

And Christians should go to Christian schools?
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by sameks08(m): 7:51am On Feb 07, 2022
foolish man because you re a Muslim you will support every injustice why can't you wear your hijab and go to muslin schools not to disturb the peace of we Christians
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by Freshman1100: 7:52am On Feb 07, 2022
Is chorister gown for every Christian?

The people wearing chorister gown only do that in Church right?

For the Hijab, it MUST be use by any righteous Muslim female whenever she is outside be it at work, school, market or during worship.

Therefore, it is not an occasional dress/attire.

If I may ask, why are Nigeria Christians afraid of the Hijab? Inferiority complex I believe.

Even in your church, you guys dress naked all in the name of fashion.
Stephen0mozzy:
When we have people in governance repeatedly driving the country into the ground by all forms of sentiment, you'll not wonder why the country is still crawling in the midst of abundance.

Rights are not absolute... And this issue of religious dressing should be objectively addressed.

Imagine a lawyer who is a choir insisting on wearing chorister gown to a court on the ground of religion?

Every institution has it's laws, and when your belief negates the belief of others you leave them not try to follow the law selectively.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by Ugodecent: 7:52am On Feb 07, 2022
This shouldn't be an issue in our educational system
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by TheNiceGuy(m): 7:52am On Feb 07, 2022
Are you that uninformed not to Know?

Fountain university, Crescent University, Al Hikmah university, Summit University, Al Qolam university........
helinues:

When would Nigeria Muslims have their own private university?

1 Like

Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by joyandfaith: 7:52am On Feb 07, 2022
seunmsg:

Very good. And government grant-aided mission schools should be returned to the missions fully to avoid any conflict.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by Nobody: 7:53am On Feb 07, 2022
SLOVFO:
I can imagine a young lady wearing miniskirt to a quaranic school. Would such be permitted? Does Nigerian constitution forbids that?

The Moslem schools usually don't admit Christians.

And if they admit them,they allow them to wear not hijab.
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by Theunbothered: 7:53am On Feb 07, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
Trash.

They'll continue to wear hijab in schools Irrespective of the name as long as it's own and catered for by the Government.

NO GOING BACK [s][/s]

I think more people should wear charms in Muslim schools since we all want to go this route.

1 Like

Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by Crafteck1: 7:53am On Feb 07, 2022
Stephen0mozzy:
When we have people in governance repeatedly driving the country into the ground by all forms of sentiment, you'll not wonder why the country is still crawling in the midst of abundance.

Rights are not absolute... And this issue of religious dressing should be objectively addressed.

Imagine a lawyer who is a choir insisting on wearing chorister gown to a court on the ground of religion?

Every institution has it's laws, and when your belief negates the belief of others you leave them not try to follow the law selectively.

Simple
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by Osilama1: 7:54am On Feb 07, 2022
IamV:

I strongly believe nobody is against an average Muslim lady wearing hijab at federal government owned schools or Muslim owned schools,the bone of contention have always being Muslim students insisting they will be wearing hijab in christian missionary schools,which they know have principles and guideline which every student of that school must abide by,which wearing hijab is against the rules of the school.
It's a Christian school,and you must respect the ethic and dress code governing the school.
the rules of a State supercede all organization within it... This hijab issue has even gone to court in some States with judgment saying people can Wear hijab so why should anyone have issues claiming mission school... When fidaus was denied at law school inauguration she went to court won Toda no one can say don't wear hijab when called to d bar... What's do some of u have with an apparel that's not even a Muslim wear cos some Christians do wear it to...
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by countryman13: 7:54am On Feb 07, 2022
opera1:
Hijab that some of our Muslim ladies are using to carry expose in the exam all.
They equally use in stealing peoples goods in d market n if u try to challenge them dem go say u dey spoil their religion. I dont really see anything special in ds hijab as far as am concerned. Leave our missions schools alone. Na by force? this Adamu is an animal. what does he know about education? He was given d ministerial position base on d fact dt he is an arabic school teacher. Arrant nonsense. And dt is one d reasons i dissociate myself from all these fools dt are religious bigots be u xtians or muslims coz they are evill incarnate.
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by Nobody: 7:54am On Feb 07, 2022
joyandfaith:

Very good. And government grant-aided mission schools should be returned to the missions fully to avoid any conflict.

Any Government school is for anyone. Even atheist or jew.
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by nihinlade(m): 7:55am On Feb 07, 2022
Yes, but only in public schools. Not in faith based or missionary schools. Oyo State government has banned Hijab in any school that was built by Christians and carries a church name, whether the government is supporting the school or not

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by Osilama1: 7:55am On Feb 07, 2022
mcquin:
Does the constitution forbid selling of alcohol? How come in Kano businesses of persons into the sale of alcohol are being targeted? When you talk, they say if you can't stay in Kano, relocate. Isn't that double standards?
who told you alcohol isn't sold in Kano? Are u aware there brewery In kaduna... Stop writing what you know nothing of...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

President Buhari Commissions Newly Acquired Staff Quarters Of Defence Agency / Insecurity: Nigeria Is A Disgrace To The World –gen. T.Y Danjuma / Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.