Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,719 members, 7,851,458 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:48 PM

Peter Obi Inspired Me To Manufacture SUVs, Pick-Up Vans ― Innoson - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Inspired Me To Manufacture SUVs, Pick-Up Vans ― Innoson (28538 Views)

Gani Fawehinmi Inspired Me To Go After Tinubu’s Certificates – Atiku / Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles / Tinubu In Panic Mode! See Picture Of Bullion Vans For Last Minute Mobilisation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Inspired Me To Manufacture SUVs, Pick-Up Vans ― Innoson by Nobody: 3:52pm On Feb 09, 2022
CSTRR:

What is assembling and what is manufacturing?

Let me catch you.

Upon all your noise that@s all you've got? .....and you call yourself an educated fellow? Manufacturing is taking a raw material and turning it into something else, e.g taking petrochemicals and steel and making a steering wheel out of it taking steel ingots or flat sheets and turning them into car chassis or body panels either in a stamping plant or foundry. Aseembly is taking what has been manufactured by others and putting it together.
Re: Peter Obi Inspired Me To Manufacture SUVs, Pick-Up Vans ― Innoson by CSTRR: 3:53pm On Feb 09, 2022
iswallker:

which of them did innoson clone

what he does is similar to importing completetly knocked down vehicles and putting them back together irrespective of the country that manufactured them
There is a giant fabrication section at innoson.
These metals are fabricated there.

I have seen it on YouTube. It's there for anybody to see.

If I ask you to give me proof now of your CKD theory, nothing go come out.

Just hate, vibe and insha allah.

There is nothing complicated about motor vehicles tech nowadays.
Many African countries are even venturing into it Nowadays.

The engines and electronics are the complicated part and innoson have said they import those.
He didn't even hide it.

But motor vehicles are more than just the Engines, electronics and glasses, which are currently imported by innoson.

It has a lot of other sections that can be manufactured locally and are done by innoson.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Inspired Me To Manufacture SUVs, Pick-Up Vans ― Innoson by CSTRR: 3:55pm On Feb 09, 2022
Copying designs does not change anything.

You still have to manufacture it.

And that is why devaluing innoson because he copied some Chinese designs which were also copied too, is not wise.
Re: Peter Obi Inspired Me To Manufacture SUVs, Pick-Up Vans ― Innoson by CSTRR: 3:59pm On Feb 09, 2022
perambulator:

Upon all your noise that@s all you've got? .....and you call yourself an educated fellow? Manufacturing is taking a raw material and turning it into something else, e.g taking petrochemicals and steel and making a steering wheel out of it taking steel ingots or flat sheets and turning them into car chassis or body panels either in a stamping plant or foundry. Aseembly is taking what has been manufactured by others and putting it together.
From your definition is Bavarian Motor works (BMW) a manufacturer since they get batteries and Engines from Bosch, and many of their smaller components from German suppliers.?

Is Boeing a manufacturer, since they get engines and electrical components from Whitt and Pratney, General Electrics and Rolls Royce?
Re: Peter Obi Inspired Me To Manufacture SUVs, Pick-Up Vans ― Innoson by CSTRR: 4:02pm On Feb 09, 2022
The Engines for Boeing planes are sourced from Whitt and Pratney, a seperate American company.

According to some folks here, Boeing assembles planes since they don't manufacture the engines and the metal sheets.
Re: Peter Obi Inspired Me To Manufacture SUVs, Pick-Up Vans ― Innoson by Nobody: 4:08pm On Feb 09, 2022
CSTRR:

From your definition is Bavarian Motor works (BMW) a manufacturer since they get batteries and Engines from Bosch, and many of their smaller components from German suppliers.?

Is Boeing a manufacturer, since they get engines and electrical companies from Whitt and Pratney, General Electronics and Rolls Royce?

you see how your so called intelligence is failing you now? or is it English, the other day I said many Nigerians can speak, read and write in English but try and communicate with them in English then you will realize many Nigerians do not understand English. What in anything I have posted has led you to that conclusion? I have said to be classed as a manufacturer you must have at least 1 of the 3 basic components of a vehicle. Intellectual property, chassis or body panels. All manufacturers buy in components but you must at least have one of those 3. There are manufacturers that design and contract out the manufacturing....The G-wagon for instance is not physically manufactured by mercedes..it has always been contracted out to a company in Austria but they own the IP and it is manufactured on their behalf. But you must own a key process in the DNA of a vehicle besides putting CKD parts together and sticking a label on a car, the same car that is available by other assemblers in other countries in different brand names.

You still havent told me where Innosons foundry or stamping plant is. If you dont have that, then I am done...dont bother quoting me as I wont respond. You quoted me insulting me, for peace I said dont be annoyed but you didnt let go and yet you have nothing!!!!
Re: Peter Obi Inspired Me To Manufacture SUVs, Pick-Up Vans ― Innoson by Nobody: 4:25pm On Feb 09, 2022
CSTRR:

The engines and electronics are the complicated part and innoson have said they import those.
He didn't even hide it.

But motor vehicles are more than just the Engines, electronics and glasses, which are currently imported by innoson.

It has a lot of other sections that can be manufactured locally and are done by innoson.

If you have any video of a stamping plant you will post it here. You are the only who claims to have evidence not me. Let us see the evidence you claim you have because I have seen a video of innoson's so called metal fabrication plant a few years ago and that is not a stamping plant, it is not capable of making body panels.

Before you embarras yourself again let me show you what a stamping plant looks like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b_gL4Zi3vU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9UzWXuxYdg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgcGtlJ6R1w

anyone with an iota of intelligence knows it is impossible for Innoson to be a manufacturer because they do not manufacture in sufficient numbers to justify the investment. ....but carry on!!

and by the way I am not a " muslim" and from your posts neither are you. You revealing yourself as a bigot but in almost every post of yours you are abusing people based on tribe and calling people bigots!!!! Everybody who disagrees with you must be a yoruba muslim or other ethnic hate word that fills your post history.
Re: Peter Obi Inspired Me To Manufacture SUVs, Pick-Up Vans ― Innoson by javaguru: 4:35pm On Feb 09, 2022
lightskinnigga:
Hope we all have seen innoson manufactures their own vehicles
innoson no go employ you with dis kind English
Re: Peter Obi Inspired Me To Manufacture SUVs, Pick-Up Vans ― Innoson by Ninobran90(m): 4:38pm On Feb 09, 2022
Peter Obi is an inspiration. Congratulations for not giving up but hearkening to his voice of advice @innoson motors (IVM).
Re: Peter Obi Inspired Me To Manufacture SUVs, Pick-Up Vans ― Innoson by iswallker(m): 5:17pm On Feb 09, 2022
CSTRR:

He didn't even hide it.

Tanks for the info

I dont hate anyone

And hope you will prefer an innosin to a Lexus ES350 since there is ntn complicated grin
Re: Peter Obi Inspired Me To Manufacture SUVs, Pick-Up Vans ― Innoson by rickyrex(m): 6:21pm On Feb 09, 2022
Aufbauh:
Mr Pandora probably did that to cut a deal and push the proceed to his offshore company.
I heard that there's virtually no transaction he got involved without pecuniary interest.

I don't know why these people love selling Contraband goods?
Peter Peter Obi is a contraband product outside SE.
and your cheap lifestyle will not allow you gather money for original goods instead you settle with the so called contraband goods. Poor you
Re: Peter Obi Inspired Me To Manufacture SUVs, Pick-Up Vans ― Innoson by TeeSha(m): 7:00pm On Feb 09, 2022
PressMyButton:
No be only Manufacture na Chelseafacture.. You can only deceive your fellow fools.

It was Innoson MRAP that killed the 5 Soldiers yesterday on their way to Anambra. FG must stop patronising his China-made assembled products.

You're a shameless liar.

Innoson didn't produce those mrap....dicon and proforce did.
Innoson only produces combat trucks.

Don't let your hatred for a tribe beguile you
Re: Peter Obi Inspired Me To Manufacture SUVs, Pick-Up Vans ― Innoson by CSTRR: 7:31pm On Feb 09, 2022
iswallker:

Tanks for the info

I dont hate anyone

And hope you will prefer an innosin to a Lexus ES350 since there is ntn complicated grin
It's not about preferring.
That is a different matter entirely.

I would prefer an iPhone over a Sony Ericsson.

I will prefer BMW over Honda.

It doesn't change the fact that both Sony Ericsson and Honda are both products that can be used.

If govt stops the importation of all cars, you think people won't use innoson?

Na because you get choice.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Inspired Me To Manufacture SUVs, Pick-Up Vans ― Innoson by CSTRR: 7:37pm On Feb 09, 2022
perambulator:

If you have any video of a stamping plant you will post it here. You are the only who claims to have evidence not me. Let us see the evidence you claim you have because I have seen a video of innoson's so called metal fabrication plant a few years ago and that is not a stamping plant, it is not capable of making body panels.

Before you embarras yourself again let me show you what a stamping plant looks like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b_gL4Zi3vU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9UzWXuxYdg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgcGtlJ6R1w

anyone with an iota of intelligence knows it is impossible for Innoson to be a manufacturer because they do not manufacture in sufficient numbers to justify the investment. ....but carry on!!

and by the way I am not a " muslim" and from your posts neither are you. You revealing yourself as a bigot but in almost every post of yours you are abusing people based on tribe and calling people bigots!!!! Everybody who disagrees with you must be a yoruba muslim or other ethnic hate word that fills your post history.
This guy is a clown.

As at 2020, innoson company claimed to have sold out over 10,000 cars.
A simple Google search would tell you that.

They supply shell Nigeria, oilserv, TVC, the Nigerian police, FRSC and many other parastatals and companies.

You are living in a bubble and spouting nonsense.

I have nothing else to say to you.

Clown that thinks manufacturing is set in stone in brick and mortar.
Re: Peter Obi Inspired Me To Manufacture SUVs, Pick-Up Vans ― Innoson by Nobody: 8:46pm On Feb 09, 2022
CSTRR:

This guy is a clown.

As at 2020, innoson company claimed to have sold out over 10,000 cars.
A simple Google search would tell you that.

They supply shell Nigeria, oilserv, TVC, the Nigerian police, FRSC and many other parastatals and companies.

You are living in a bubble and spouting nonsense.

I have nothing else to say to you.

Clown that thinks manufacturing is set in stone in brick and mortar.

I am sorry but now you are talking like an imb3cile, 10,000 cars over how many years!!! .....Google says over 8 years!!!!! "Nigeria's Innoson is fairing a bit better, selling 10,000 vehicles in its first eight years of operations, according to its website." Innoson do not sell 2000 cars in a year because they cannot produce more than 4 or 5 cars in a day if they are lucky. Auto manufacturing is a capital intensive business, the margins are not much especially if you are low end or mass market producer. You need to produce millions of vehicles to justify the investment, why do you think a lot of auto manufacturing firms have merged? Even mercedes have cancelled a few models because they can no longer justify the cost i.e they will not sell enough to justify the retooling. I remmember reading somewhere they need 300,000 sales to break even on a particular model.

Even niche manufacturers like Porsche, bentley, Rolls royce etc that produce 10s of thousands of cars every year (i.e small numbers) are only profitable because 1) they are owned by a larger volume manufacturer (VW & BMW) larger group and 2) their cars have high margins. No car manufacturer can produce the kind of small numbers innoson is producing and survive, the only reason they can survive is because they are not the ones manufacturing and so they do not have to invest in expensive tooling for every model. I mean c'mon use your head. if you have one you would know that Innoson cannot be the one manufacturing their body parts and chassis because I have seen more innoson models than mercedes, how many have they sold of each model to get their investment in the stamping dies for each of the body panels back? It's my fault for even answering you, you are clearly are not enlightened maybe you are a local champion in your village. You clearly have no idea what it takes to be an Auto manufacturer or business in general!!!

I am still waiting for your video of Innson stamping plant.

PS: innoson is doing well and he is an inspiration to Nigerians whether he is assembling or manufacturing. I am just a stickler for proper use of words. I will not drag it any further so it doesnt come across as bad belle as many will like to frame it but I have told you what constitutes true Auto manufacturing.
Re: Peter Obi Inspired Me To Manufacture SUVs, Pick-Up Vans ― Innoson by djon78(m): 10:30pm On Feb 09, 2022
You
perambulator:

I am sorry but now you are talking like an imb3cile, 10,000 cars over how many years!!! .....Google says over 8 years!!!!! "Nigeria's Innoson is fairing a bit better, selling 10,000 vehicles in its first eight years of operations, according to its website." Innoson do not sell 2000 cars in a year because they cannot produce more than 4 or 5 cars in a day if they are lucky. Auto manufacturing is a capital intensive business, the margins are not much especially if you are low end or mass market producer. You need to produce millions of vehicles to justify the investment, why do you think a lot of auto manufacturing firms have merged? Even mercedes have cancelled a few models because they can no longer justify the cost i.e they will not sell enough to justify the retooling. I remmember reading somewhere they need 300,000 sales to break even on a particular model.

Even niche manufacturers like Porsche, bentley, Rolls royce etc that produce 10s of thousands of cars every year (i.e small numbers) are only profitable because 1) they are owned by a larger volume manufacturer (VW & BMW) larger group and 2) their cars have high margins. No car manufacturer can produce the kind of small numbers innoson is producing and survive, the only reason they can survive is because they are not the ones manufacturing and so they do not have to invest in expensive tooling for every model. I mean c'mon use your head. if you have one you would know that Innoson cannot be the one manufacturing their body parts and chassis because I have seen more innoson models than mercedes, how many have they sold of each model to get their investment in the stamping dies for each of the body panels back? It's my fault for even answering you, you are clearly are not enlightened maybe you are a local champion in your village. You clearly have no idea what it takes to be an Auto manufacturer or business in general!!!

I am still waiting for your video of Innson stamping plant.

PS: innoson is doing well and he is an inspiration to Nigerians whether he is assembling or manufacturing. I am just a stickler for proper use of words. I will not drag it any further so it doesnt come across as bad belle as many will like to frame it but I have told you what constitutes true Auto manufacturing.
CSTRR:

Is Boeing a manufacturer, since they get engines and electrical components from Whitt and Pratney, General Electrics and Rolls Royce?

The guy doesn't know that many manufacturing companies have a lot of suppliers that produce different components be it automobile manufacturing to jet manufacturing even mobile phones

Apple iPhone has many of it's component parts manufactured by different companies
What Apple did some years ago when they had stockpile of dollars over $100billion. They started buying up those manufacturers of those components to better improve there earnings.

Africa's problem is that we have majority that don't think.
They think everything is rocket science. When they see an African company doing it, they will disbelieve it.

That's why Africa is still underdeveloped. That's what we are still battling in this country. They still believe many things are impossible because they don't have the basic capacity to think.

And that's why the average Igbo man still feels that Nigeria is drawing them back.
Because the Igbo spirit believes nothing is absolutely impossible. And if by chance they get there own country or even Nigeria goes into regions, they will turn there abode into first world maximum 20 years period.

There is nothing absolutely impossible. What the whites and Asians are doing can be done in this continent and even bettered. Simple

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Inspired Me To Manufacture SUVs, Pick-Up Vans ― Innoson by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 11:11pm On Feb 09, 2022
Loud it

lightskinnigga:
igbo aphorism says “if u envy someone better than you, you end up admiring that person”

They only admire us with all that envy
Re: Peter Obi Inspired Me To Manufacture SUVs, Pick-Up Vans ― Innoson by Nobody: 11:26pm On Feb 09, 2022
djon78:
You

The guy doesn't know that many manufacturing companies have a lot of suppliers that produce different components be it automobile manufacturing to jet manufacturing even mobile phones

Apple iPhone has many of it's component parts manufactured by different companies
What Apple did some years ago when they had stockpile of dollars over $100billion. They started buying up those manufacturers of those components to better improve there earnings.

Africa's problem is that we have majority that don't think.
They think everything is rocket science. When they see an African company doing it, they will disbelieve it.

That's why Africa is still underdeveloped. That's what we are still battling in this country. They still believe many things are impossible because they don't have the basic capacity to think.

And that's why the average Igbo man still feels that Nigeria is drawing them back.
Because the Igbo spirit believes nothing is absolutely impossible. And if by chance they get there own country or even Nigeria goes into regions, they will turn there abode into first world maximum 20 years period.

There is nothing absolutely impossible. What the whites and Asians are doing can be done in this continent and even bettered. Simple

I really dont want to respond to you because I can see you have mentioned ibo in your post. This is a matter of simple English, you either know the definition of manufacture or you dont. For your information Apple do not do the actual physical manufacturing or asembly of their phones. They contract it out to a company in China called foxcon. The difference between apple, Boeing, etc and any other legitimate manufacturers is that they at the very least own the design or the intellectual property of their product. Innoson does not, so if you do not own the design and you are not manufacturing the key parts of a car that make a car a car, i.e the body, the chassis, the engine, the transmision, what then makes you a car manufacturer? as opposed to a car assembly plant?

Boeing BMW, mercedes etc have assembly plants, there is no crime in having an assembly plant but they designed their own products and most of them make their own chassis and body manufacturing plants. Everybody buys components that is not the issue, everybody assembles that is not the issue. As you start to assemble, which of the components you are assembling did you manufacture or design? If it is battery that you manufactured then you are a battery manufacturer. What is Uniquely Innoson about their cars that cannot be found in other chinese cars from the same mother supplier in China that are assembled in other African countries? All innoson models are available elsewhere under a different names. if there is nothing, what do they fabricate themselves? Do they make their own chassis or body panels, engine or transmission? if not then what makes you a car manufacturer if you didnt design the car, you dont manufacture the body panels, the chassis, the engine transmission or drive shafts? those are the things that make a car!!! you cannot come and because you are sourcing your own batteries call yourself a manufacturer. Like I said peugeot was assembling cars with 37% of parts sourced by Nigerian manufacturers, they never called their cars "Manufactured in Nigeria" because they are educated people know know the difference between assembly and manufacturing.

https://axenics.com/blog/what-is-the-difference-between-assembly-and-manufacturing

What is assembly?

Assembly encompasses the steps of constructing a finished product from components or partially-compiled units. Assembly results in assemblies and/or sub-assemblies that are ready for sale and or implementation by a customer.
What is manufacturing?

Manufacturing encompasses the process of production from raw or semi-raw materials through to a finished product ready for sale. One of the steps in manufacturing can include assembly, and need to manufacturing results in components that are ready for sale and or implementation by a customer.
Re: Peter Obi Inspired Me To Manufacture SUVs, Pick-Up Vans ― Innoson by Jacobx007: 12:02am On Feb 10, 2022
shiwex:
I still don't understand why the National Assembly could not buy Innosson cars and had to import..can someone explain this madness to me.
Innoson doesn't manufacture anything, they only assemble made in China cars, everything is the same, even the dashboard and seats, exact replica. The only difference is the logo.
If you are buying directly from the Chinese company its 20m, but from Innoson it's 30m.
Kai Igbo man get bad sense, I swear there is no difference between Chinese and Igbo people, they are all very dubious and cunning.

Re: Peter Obi Inspired Me To Manufacture SUVs, Pick-Up Vans ― Innoson by InoGetJoy: 5:58am On Feb 10, 2022
seyz91:
cheesy for your mind

You dey mind hin statement, also note the part he said "we source for most of our component locally"
keyword MOST not ALL

Which still place them under assembly plant
No vehicle Manufacturing company produce all their components. Most of the components in Toyota and Lexus vehicles are produced by Denso, and Denso isn't even a vehicle manufacturer.

No vehicle manufacturer produces their electronics.

Pune Force produces the engines of Mercedes Benz and BMW vehicles.
Stop being foolish
Re: Peter Obi Inspired Me To Manufacture SUVs, Pick-Up Vans ― Innoson by InoGetJoy: 6:06am On Feb 10, 2022
uthlaw:
Biafra President!
I wish the Igbos will get their Biafra and make Peter Obi their president. The rest of Nigeria can make the bullion van drug pushing thief their president
Re: Peter Obi Inspired Me To Manufacture SUVs, Pick-Up Vans ― Innoson by uthlaw: 6:08am On Feb 10, 2022
InoGetJoy:

I wish the Igbos will get their Biafra and make Peter Obi their president. The rest of Nigeria can make the bullion van drug pushing thief their president
honestly,I want Biafra for you people, where will you keep nnamdi kalu and is boys fighting for it...south Sudan reloaded!
Re: Peter Obi Inspired Me To Manufacture SUVs, Pick-Up Vans ― Innoson by InoGetJoy: 6:14am On Feb 10, 2022
uthlaw:
honestly,I want Biafra for you people, where will you keep nnamdi kalu and is boys fighting for it...south Sudan reloaded!
Yes. Since you dislike the Igbos so much, you should be happy if their region turns to South Sudan, no be so? Why then are your people chanting "One Naijeria" upandan like deranged lunatics?
Re: Peter Obi Inspired Me To Manufacture SUVs, Pick-Up Vans ― Innoson by uthlaw: 6:16am On Feb 10, 2022
InoGetJoy:

Yes. Since you dislike the Igbos so much, you should be happy if their region turns to South Sudan, no be so? Why then are your people chanting "One Naijeria" upandan like deranged lunatics?
oga nobody dislike anybody, you people want Biafra because u are thinking you are the heart of Nigeria in your dream,here in the north,we want the Biafra for you people, let see how it will end!
Re: Peter Obi Inspired Me To Manufacture SUVs, Pick-Up Vans ― Innoson by Brooklynsouth(f): 6:20am On Feb 10, 2022
Aufbauh:
Mr Pandora probably did that to cut a deal and push the proceed to his offshore company.
I heard that there's virtually no transaction he got involved without pecuniary interest.

I don't know why these people love selling Contraband goods?
Peter Peter Obi is a contraband product outside SE.
tinubu for president
Re: Peter Obi Inspired Me To Manufacture SUVs, Pick-Up Vans ― Innoson by Brooklynsouth(f): 6:24am On Feb 10, 2022
seyz91:
cheesy for your mind

You dey mind hin statement, also note the part he said "we source for most of our component locally"
keyword MOST not ALL

Which still place them under assembly plant
do you think Mercedes Benz producers Al it's parts ?
Re: Peter Obi Inspired Me To Manufacture SUVs, Pick-Up Vans ― Innoson by InoGetJoy: 6:25am On Feb 10, 2022
uthlaw:
oga nobody dislike anybody, you people want Biafra because u are thinking you are the heart of Nigeria in your dream,here in the north,we want the Biafra for you people, let see how it will end!
We want Biafra because we know that Nigeria can never progress with the way it's currently structured and run.
Who wants to remain in a stagnant relationship? If you yourself is in a relationship and your partner is dragging you back, do you remain in that relationship?
Re: Peter Obi Inspired Me To Manufacture SUVs, Pick-Up Vans ― Innoson by uthlaw: 6:26am On Feb 10, 2022
InoGetJoy:

We want Biafra because we know that Nigeria can never progress with the way it's currently structured and run.
Who wants to remain in a stagnant relationship? If you yourself is in a relationship and your partner is dragging you back, do you remain in that relationship?
na d same thing we de talk,in Biafra we stand!
Re: Peter Obi Inspired Me To Manufacture SUVs, Pick-Up Vans ― Innoson by seyz91(m): 10:19am On Feb 10, 2022
I know most popular brands source from foreign companies for sure
Brooklynsouth:
do you think Mercedes Benz producers Al it's parts ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bukola Saraki Reacts To President Buhari's Return / Senator Melaye Lambastes Hameed Ali For Not Coming Down To Receive Committee / Jonathan Commissions Cenotaph For Soldiers Killed By BH Since 2011 (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.