Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,150 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil (14513 Views)

Flood: Jonathan Now An IDP - Bayelsa Governor, Duoye Diri / President Buhari Receives Duoye Diri, Bayelsa Governor / Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil by edmaraja: 5:57pm On Feb 10, 2022
olas24u:

Where was delta state located in the regions?
Delta was in the Midwest, Bayelsa was in the eastern region.
Re: Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil by midolian(m): 5:57pm On Feb 10, 2022
cosmatika:
The northerners claim that dey used their money from groundnut to develop the oil in Niger Delta.

One of our security guys in PH who's from Jigawa state always argued with me. He said if Nigeria must be divided, that the oil in the ND should be divided too, because they used their money from groundnut to develop it.

Meanwhile this guy didn't even attend primary skl, so he's a stark illiterate. I asked him who told him that, he said that's what they taught them in the mosque
make Una dey lie small small, abeg. No be only children dey this forum...
Re: Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil by olas24u(f): 5:58pm On Feb 10, 2022
edmaraja:

Delta was in the Midwest, Bayelsa was in the eastern region.
Lol!am talking before midwest you are writing midwest,sagbama local area was in delta and that was western region
Re: Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil by sunbreaker: 6:06pm On Feb 10, 2022
Bros Diri, can history be lied? All the money in all agricultural board(cocoa from west,groudnut and cotton from north,palm oil from east and mid west) in Nigeria was taken by the then govt. Inform of borrowing but unfortunately the money couldn't be refund till today that was the singular act that crumble agric sector in Nigeria. Pls somebody should open Nigeria encyclopedia for this man to read. Its just three volumes we have in our school library during my higher institution days.
Re: Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil by edmaraja: 6:08pm On Feb 10, 2022
olas24u:

Lol!am talking before midwest you are writing midwest,sagbama local area was in delta and that was western region
Sagbama was in eastern Nigeria, never part of western nigeria
Re: Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil by sunbreaker: 6:12pm On Feb 10, 2022
cosmatika:
The northerners claim that dey used their money from groundnut to develop the oil in Niger Delta.

One of our security guys in PH who's from Jigawa state always argued with me. He said if Nigeria must be divided, that the oil in the ND should be divided too, because they used their money from groundnut to develop it.

Meanwhile this guy didn't even attend primary skl, so he's a stark illiterate. I asked him who told him that, he said that's what they taught them in the mosque
accepted, the guy didn't attend primary school but writing down history are there
Re: Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil by slivertongue: 6:17pm On Feb 10, 2022
olas24u:

The place was former western region ,so it benefited from the western region government

Former Eastern region
Re: Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil by sunbreaker: 6:18pm On Feb 10, 2022
IboHausaYoruba:
Lol...seems this man is not a student of history. Awolowo singlehandedly used proceeds from cocoa to developed south, ijaw and by extension the whole of Bayelsa were beneficiaries. I know a lot of South South indigenes (Bendel of old) who would've been stacked illiterates if not for free education through cocoa proceeds.
tell them ooo make them hear
nothing concerns them about history
Re: Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil by sunbreaker: 6:22pm On Feb 10, 2022
adamsmith914:
You mean ipobians trying to claim other people’s properties as their country?
This not a claim lets tell ourselves a truth. If all of us read Nigeria encyclopedia this our so call politician will be using our head to jam one another for their own gain
Re: Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil by edmaraja: 6:25pm On Feb 10, 2022
IboHausaYoruba:
Lol...seems this man is not a student of history. Awolowo singlehandedly used proceeds from cocoa to developed south, ijaw and by extension the whole of Bayelsa were beneficiaries. I know a lot of South South indigenes (Bendel of old) who would've been stacked illiterates if not for free education through cocoa proceeds.
Bayelsa was never part of the western region, it was in eastern region.

2 Likes

Re: Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil by cosmatika(m): 6:25pm On Feb 10, 2022
midolian:
make Una dey lie small small, abeg. No be only children dey this forum...

Lie in wat manner? I still have a recording of the conversation on my phone
Re: Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil by slivertongue: 6:26pm On Feb 10, 2022
cosmatika:

Yes he is correct. That is the lies they are taught. But beyond them all the three former regions lay claims to what never happened. Am ashamed when I hear professors & public intellectuals argue what they know is false. The fact about crude oil in Nigeria is the public domain ie library & archives. It started with an mou which Nigeria didn't keep to
Re: Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil by YorobaPIGS: 6:27pm On Feb 10, 2022
jrusky:

[s]Wallahi you already on the brinks of decaying while you still walking around.

Pls did Diri even mentioned tribe? Did he even said anyone said so that cocoa was used to developed any other region apart from Sw.

Pls is Diri now igbo man? E dey do me to slap your silly head. Anytime anyone from SS talk you bollocks from my region will quickly jumped on it and claimed it as your headache you suckers unity beggars I kept saying it SS is a nation to be and on their own so stop dive nosing like pigs to their affairs, allow them to talk stop being silly.

Moreso see how foolish, irresponsible and dead illiterate you are so all the houses in Lagos belong to igbo bro you are a fool and very shameless bollock.

Same way we claimed developed all the North. If the entire house in Lagos at that time belong to igbo then where is your family own pls give us the address the house your parent built in Lagos in that era?

Look I will forever stand on your damn neck despite I came from SE but will never succumb to that demonic hate Gene in most of you. Call me whatever bro your damn headache.

Let me educate you hate the SW or not you will ends up being the one to vacate their land las las because they never invited your hate infested disgusting human to their land.

This Nigeria that become difficult to separate today *It was our own Azikwe that betrayed Awo, Tafawa, Bello, Enahoro by going behind and struck out the *clause* signed with Queen during independence struggle that Nigeria can path way if they wish, *agreed sealed* but out of this same hate Gene the man called Zik went behind to removed the clause with no one knowledge**** go ask your parent to tell you the truth.

I blame the Yoruba for sometime keeping quiet for a a s s hole like you trying to bully them. They need to dig history and face fool like you[/s].
As usual. So much stupidity garnished with a lot of idiocy cum ignorance in display

You are such a troubled, bitter, lost soul and self-hating being

Always claiming Igbo but so quick to come to the defense of yerobas each time they are paid back in their own coin.

I have never seen you attack or pounce on any yeriba despite the multitude of degrading comments, hate and insults they heap on Igbo or SE on a daily basis here. So quick to defend yarubas and join them to disparage igbos at will.

One thing is certain, you are either cursed from birth or your were sired by a coneheaded yelowba man but deceiving yourself to be Igbo. Your mum probably lied to you on who your real father is. You surely need a paternity test

Either way, you're such a pathetic soul- a deeply troubled lunatic at that. It is only a bastard that will point at his father's house with his left hand- you have proven this times without number

Always on the look out for comments against yolowbas but give a blind eye to the myriad of incoherent insults thrown at Igbos daily.

You ought to travel to ogun state and your empty head used for a SKULLarly experiment by the National Skull Mining Development Agency (NSMDA)

Would be such a relief!

Ozu nwuru anwu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil by shadeze: 6:30pm On Feb 10, 2022
olas24u:

The place was former western region ,so it benefited from the western region government
The place was former eastern region not western region.
Re: Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil by Kinematics: 6:32pm On Feb 10, 2022
olas24u:

[s]Western region included Balysea of today ,check the local governments that make up the state and now go back to the old maps and maybe you can get it[/s]

Stop displaying stupidit* here..
Re: Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil by Kinematics: 6:34pm On Feb 10, 2022
olas24u:

Since midwest was created out of western region,why dont you check the map before the creation of midwest

Bayelsa was never part of western region, neither was it part of Midwest. Bayelsa was part of Eastern Region, then Rivers State before it was created in 1996 from Rivers State.

Stop f**ling yourself.
Re: Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil by olas24u(f): 6:47pm On Feb 10, 2022
Kinematics:

Stop displaying stupidit* here..
The region was composed of the old Benin and Delta Provinces. The Benin provinces had Edo speaking people while the Delta province had Okpe, Ijaws, Isekiri, Urhobo, Isoko and Ukwuani speaking people excluding Ika and Aniocha.

Re: Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil by RolexOfGeneva(m): 6:50pm On Feb 10, 2022
Armaggedon:
Oil was not first discovered in oloibiri in present Bayelsa, it was first discovered in a town called Iho, dimeze in present Ikeduru LGA of IMO in 1937. Almost 20yrs before Oloibiri.
I think you're high on mkurumiri

3 Likes

Re: Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil by RolexOfGeneva(m): 6:55pm On Feb 10, 2022
IboHausaYoruba:
Rubbish. Check your history again. Even b4 oil came. The South south was still ranked highest in Revenue which was derived from sale of alcohol and its derivatives. Don't come here and lie again. Awolowo never develop Yoruba land finish, na South South e go develop.

1 Like

Re: Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil by Kinematics: 7:01pm On Feb 10, 2022
olas24u:

The region was composed of the old Benin and Delta Provinces. The Benin provinces had Edo speaking people while the Delta province had Okpe, Ijaws, Isekiri, Urhobo, Isoko and Ukwuani speaking people excluding Ika and Aniocha.

You are very funny. So you think the regions were divided by the Rivers you see on the map?
grin grin

Re: Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil by Kinematics: 7:03pm On Feb 10, 2022
olas24u:

[s]The place was former western region ,so it benefited from the western region government[/s]

Re: Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil by MEGAWATCH: 7:16pm On Feb 10, 2022
Itohanmiwa:
Look at what this man is say. Where did the money developing Nigeria before oil came from? Cocoa and groundnut. What was used in constructing PTI warri? Cocoa money so many universities and government agencies were built with proceeds from agricultural produce. Now instead of you morons to allow oil money develop the country in begin steal anyhow. You guys are only crying because the Northerners steal it more than you. You're all thieves.

That nonsense you are writing where did you get it from?
At a time, Nigeria was the highest producer of palm oil in the world. So had there been a time that Nigeria was the highest producers of cocoa or groundnut in the world?

Why do you people like lying and deceiving yourselves?
Re: Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil by olas24u(f): 7:24pm On Feb 10, 2022
Kinematics:

You are very funny. So you think the regions were splited divided by the Rivers you see on the map?
grin grin
Midwest was formerly western nigeria and they created midwest with the above components.Bait of benin extends up to that region which is western nigeria
Re: Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil by olas24u(f): 7:37pm On Feb 10, 2022
[quote author=Kinematics post=110122817][/quote]

Awo in bomadi

Re: Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil by jrusky(m): 8:05pm On Feb 10, 2022
[[s]quote author=YorobaPIGS post=110121927]As usual. So much stupidity garnished with a lot of idiocy cum ignorance in display

You are such a troubled, bitter, lost soul and self-hating being

Always claiming Igbo but so quick to come to the defense of yerobas each time they are paid back in their own coin.

I have never seen you attack or pounce on any yeriba despite the multitude of degrading comments, hate and insults they heap on Igbo or SE on a daily basis here. So quick to defend yarubas and join them to disparage igbos at will.

One thing is certain, you are either cursed from birth or your were sired by a coneheaded yelowba man but deceiving yourself to be Igbo. Your mum probably lied to you on who your real father is. You surely need a paternity test

Either way, you're such a pathetic soul- a deeply troubled lunatic at that. It is only a bastard that will point at his father's house with his left hand- you have proven this times without number

Always on the look out for comments against yolowbas but give a blind eye to the myriad of incoherent insults thrown at Igbos daily.

You ought to travel to ogun state and your empty head used for a SKULLarly experiment by the National Skull Mining Development Agency (NSMDA)

Would be such a relief!

Ozu nwuru anwu[/quote][/s]

Your brain dead. Your existence is dead. Your humanity is dead. Relevancy you are a dead beat Hiltler descedant son of bitch.
Re: Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil by JOemmy(m): 8:09pm On Feb 10, 2022
cosmatika:

That's what the fulani elites normally used in brainwashing the northern poor masses they even go to the extreme to deceive them that their allah have given the whole nigeria to the fulani nation that's why they are easily used as foot soildiers during any political crises in Nigeria.
Re: Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil by Shikini: 8:17pm On Feb 10, 2022
So true
Re: Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil by Hellonearth007: 8:35pm On Feb 10, 2022
BabaO2:
This is irresponsible talk from a clown because of hatred and pomposity. This is a dangerous talk that can make the westerners impose themselves forever on Nigeria oilfields and nothing can anyone do about it

Because he made fool of the northern fools that said it's cocoa money they used to develop oil.
Northerners want to be relevant everytime
Re: Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil by smasher1(m): 8:37pm On Feb 10, 2022
atheistandproud:
Oil

Fighting for wetin no go get value in less than 10 years.

I don't think so. a barrel of oil is around $93 today at an eight year high, although lower than 2009 price. it means oil usefulness is increasing and so is gas worldwide increasing in price.
Re: Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil by bn2murphy(m): 8:40pm On Feb 10, 2022
How i wish this man understand that Cocoa was used to sustain Nigeria as a nation and resources got from it was used to develop and international companies will not come if the government haven't laid down infrastructure and invest money in that area. No matter how small.
Maxymilliano:

https://www.channelstv.com/2022/02/10/nigeria-didnt-use-cocoa-money-to-develop-oil-bayelsa-governor/

Re: Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil by Rugaria: 9:05pm On Feb 10, 2022
Itohanmiwa:
Look at what this man is say. Where did the money developing Nigeria before oil came from? Cocoa and groundnut. What was used in constructing PTI warri? Cocoa money so many universities and government agencies were built with proceeds from agricultural produce. Now instead of you morons to allow oil money develop the country in begin steal anyhow. You guys are only crying because the Northerners steal it more than you. You're all thieves.
Your useless cocoa money NEVER crossed your wretched Western Nigeria. You didn't even have enough, so how can you help those better than you? You revisionists should take it easy. Eastern Nigeria was one of the highest producers of palm oil even in colonial times! Who needed your poverty stricken Cocoa money? All sorts of revisionism, just to justify the heist going on in the Niger Delta.?

3 Likes

Re: Duoye Diri: Nigeria Didn’t Use Cocoa Money To Develop Oil by atheistandproud(m): 9:19pm On Feb 10, 2022
smasher1:

I don't think so. a barrel of oil is around $93 today at an eight year high, although lower than 2009 price. it means oil usefulness is increasing and so is gas worldwide increasing in price.

This is crude oil's last hurrah. Silicon valley have started a new revolution with renewable energy. That's where we should looking at.

Crude oil is about to join steam and coal in the scrap heap of yesterday's newspaper.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Let's Handle Herdsmen And Farmer's Violence With Open Mind - VP Osinbajo Says / Taraba LP Suspends Chair For Alleged Misappropriation Of N21m, Others / Eid Kabir: Dangote Hosted By Sokoto State Govt & Sultanate Council (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.