Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,046 members, 7,849,225 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 04:41 PM

Inside FG’s Planned Social Media Regulation Bill - The Cable - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Inside FG’s Planned Social Media Regulation Bill - The Cable (13601 Views)

NANS Threatens To Shut Down Nigeria Over FG's Planned Subsidy Removal / Celebrities React To Desmond Elliot Statement Over Social Media Regulation / Aisha Buhari Disagrees With Sultan, Insists On Social Media Regulation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inside FG’s Planned Social Media Regulation Bill - The Cable by tutudesz: 4:47pm On Feb 10, 2022
undecided
Re: Inside FG’s Planned Social Media Regulation Bill - The Cable by sureboykris794: 4:51pm On Feb 10, 2022
Gh folks are smart. I like the site. They have more features than Nairaland
Kiris000096: It's easy to have your post make front page on the forum

Re: Inside FG’s Planned Social Media Regulation Bill - The Cable by Iamchivic(m): 4:52pm On Feb 10, 2022
Social media is never our problem. They are other things in Nigeria that needs urgent fixing, not social media.
Re: Inside FG’s Planned Social Media Regulation Bill - The Cable by Emir01: 4:55pm On Feb 10, 2022
Iamchivic:
Social media is never our problem. They are other things in Nigeria that needs urgent fixing, not social media.

It's a problem. Very big one.

1 Like

Re: Inside FG’s Planned Social Media Regulation Bill - The Cable by Rockride: 5:02pm On Feb 10, 2022
This administration have no plan of moving this country from poverty rather they are busy silencing the masses. I remember several years ago this same minister of misinformation will call on radio and be cursing that's main reason he was picked to be their spokes man. I know that nobody will live forever. Same people from 50's still occupying political position. Same people who got political appointment at youthful age now killin the youths from attaining political power.

2 Likes

Re: Inside FG’s Planned Social Media Regulation Bill - The Cable by just2endowed: 5:02pm On Feb 10, 2022
Police will now have more power for you to open your phone.

Do you think the government don't like what police is doing?

2 Likes

Re: Inside FG’s Planned Social Media Regulation Bill - The Cable by Coldie(m): 5:04pm On Feb 10, 2022
They are good at making law for others but can’t obey any law

2 Likes

Re: Inside FG’s Planned Social Media Regulation Bill - The Cable by ajumma(m): 5:10pm On Feb 10, 2022
So that lily-livered, chickenhearted & cowardly monikers like
AllahIsGarbage
AllahIsSatan
Allahismad
FamTomx2
thatsleepboy1
Imustnottalk:
Janicex:
od501
YourFavorite21
gazza07
ello29
googlepikins
kalemy
AfonjaConehead
Tomek09
InoGetJoy
EmekaA125
NGArmyTerrorist
Tranquillity360
BeardedMeat
HIYN:
bencr7
EmekaBlue
chichar1
kettykin
okoroemeka
sharpsecret
DOTian:
WhatCanIsay
sekundosekundo
federal9
after4
jmoore
after4
Zorn
Wakanakarue
gwafaeziokwu
heniford2
whom hide under the anonymous names to promote immoral, hateful, bigotry and hatred amongst ethnic and religious group. This dastardly act are only for their personal aggrandizement. The NAIRALAND has already been hijacked by IPOB,ESN & OTHER separatist elements.

1 Like

Re: Inside FG’s Planned Social Media Regulation Bill - The Cable by jrusky(m): 5:10pm On Feb 10, 2022
I talk am say this party called apc is from the pit of hell and must never continue in Aso after 2023 orelse Somalia and Afghanistan situation will be like a joke to what is about to befall this country.

And for you zombies remember the adage that says they said heaven is falling and you said it does not concern you its a big lie it will surely fall on everyone head including you all.

2 Likes

Re: Inside FG’s Planned Social Media Regulation Bill - The Cable by GardenOfGod(m): 5:11pm On Feb 10, 2022
When you associate too much with an autocratic fellow, you are affected negatively. This government and Muhammad loves China so much that their autocratic government is gradually affecting our free and democratic governance. They are copying China negatively instead of learning from their technological advancement. This government is anti democracy from 2015!
Racoon:
EXCLUSIVE: NBC, DSS can request user details without court order — inside FG’s planned social media regulation

3 Likes

Re: Inside FG’s Planned Social Media Regulation Bill - The Cable by FireUpNow(m): 5:15pm On Feb 10, 2022
This. Govt just want to strangulate the youths by all means. You go to the bank with little cash in your account they freez it now social media control. E nor go better for the people who sold this one eared man to us.

2 Likes

Re: Inside FG’s Planned Social Media Regulation Bill - The Cable by Iamchivic(m): 5:18pm On Feb 10, 2022
Emir01:

You may feel it's our problem but there other things that needs urgent fixing than social media regulation.

They just want to remove the power of the youth.

3 Likes

Re: Inside FG’s Planned Social Media Regulation Bill - The Cable by LegacyB: 5:18pm On Feb 10, 2022
Very good. All these post encouraging ritual killings should be dealt with.
Re: Inside FG’s Planned Social Media Regulation Bill - The Cable by Nick6Rige: 5:33pm On Feb 10, 2022
My mom also has her own personal channel, and she is used to attracting an audience from other social networks, such as YouTube, for example. To be honest, she wasn't famous, but she wanted to have more followers. However, she found one service https://top4smm.com/youtube-subscribers-cheap, who helped her update the blog. She currently has more followers than before, thanks to the help of experts from this source. You can browse this site and I hope this information will be useful to you.
Re: Inside FG’s Planned Social Media Regulation Bill - The Cable by snoopz: 5:34pm On Feb 10, 2022
Efcc will start picking people up based on false evidence now

2 Likes

Re: Inside FG’s Planned Social Media Regulation Bill - The Cable by Theunbothered: 5:35pm On Feb 10, 2022
The APC is a party of crooks dictators and terrorist sympathisers who are determined to hold on to power by any means necessary.

If they succeed I hope the people who used their tribal affiliation to foist this disaster upon us feel the full force of their foolishness.

3 Likes

Re: Inside FG’s Planned Social Media Regulation Bill - The Cable by Great0ne1: 5:35pm On Feb 10, 2022
Mayorofodemu:
I’m a patriotic. I like Nigeria a lot. I belong to PDP party. But my opinion on this issues, Nigeria need to speed up and start these social media regulations. Some jobless/unintelligent people have been using social media in a negative way. Example, that oxlade and tiwa issues, people intentionally leak their own sextape and lied people trying to blackmail them. In the world now, there’s no secret again, anything that happen will always appear on social media. Even couple fighting and still living under same roof, still using social media to fight themselves. Nigeria Government/African union need to bring back sanity to our continent. Foreigners likes coming to Africa to marry, am a living testimony, my wife is a foreigner. But nowadays, we have started adopting foreign culture which is bad to our way of life
You didn't add that you are also a BIG IDIOT

5 Likes

Re: Inside FG’s Planned Social Media Regulation Bill - The Cable by Theunbothered: 5:36pm On Feb 10, 2022
Emir01:

Question, are you from the North?

1 Like

Re: Inside FG’s Planned Social Media Regulation Bill - The Cable by ransomed: 5:38pm On Feb 10, 2022
They are giving us tangible reasons to vote them out .

2 Likes

Re: Inside FG’s Planned Social Media Regulation Bill - The Cable by Theunbothered: 5:38pm On Feb 10, 2022
Emir01:

I hope they don't get banned one day. Instead regulating nuisance behaviours. This platform is making people hating each others more and more.

That is the fault of the moderators
Re: Inside FG’s Planned Social Media Regulation Bill - The Cable by Urchman200: 5:41pm On Feb 10, 2022
Mayorofodemu:
I’m a patriotic. I like Nigeria a lot. I belong to PDP party. But my opinion on this issues, Nigeria need to speed up and start these social media regulations. Some jobless/unintelligent people have been using social media in a negative way. Example, that oxlade and tiwa issues, people intentionally leak their own sextape and lied people trying to blackmail them. In the world now, there’s no secret again, anything that happen will always appear on social media. Even couple fighting and still living under same roof, still using social media to fight themselves. Nigeria Government/African union need to bring back sanity to our continent. Foreigners likes coming to Africa to marry, am a living testimony, my wife is a foreigner. But nowadays, we have started adopting foreign culture which is bad to our way of life
no be only pdp supporter na p&id member.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inside FG’s Planned Social Media Regulation Bill - The Cable by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 5:51pm On Feb 10, 2022
grin
Re: Inside FG’s Planned Social Media Regulation Bill - The Cable by masseratti: 5:53pm On Feb 10, 2022
What is the difference between this one and the other one that was shut down by the National Assembly, because they got away with Twitter ban they want to try this rubbish? In their dreams. There are other ways to regulate social media and get revenue from it, but users information and privacy must remain strictly confidential and not at the discretion of anyone but a court, what's the meaning of the bullshit called imminent danger, and there is no way they can even fully regulate social media, technology is too advance for the crappy bill they are trying to introduce, especially during election period.

2 Likes

Re: Inside FG’s Planned Social Media Regulation Bill - The Cable by gabicon: 6:15pm On Feb 10, 2022
Social media like any other media should be regulated, however it can't be regulated by people who don't have a clue about how it works. Especially a government that has been thirsty for clamping down on free speech.

1 Like

Re: Inside FG’s Planned Social Media Regulation Bill - The Cable by truthstands01: 6:37pm On Feb 10, 2022
Anybody that votes APC in 2023 must really need his or her mind to be examined. These guys are terrible. How did Nigeria end up with such evil creatures in power? Its a total disgrace.

2 Likes

Re: Inside FG’s Planned Social Media Regulation Bill - The Cable by ivandragon: 6:38pm On Feb 10, 2022
Hmm...
Re: Inside FG’s Planned Social Media Regulation Bill - The Cable by lexy2014: 6:42pm On Feb 10, 2022
Mayorofodemu:
So it is because of tiwa and oxlade issue that govt should regulate social media. That's interesting. So govt doesn't have work again? Can tiwa and oxlade not go to court if they didn't like their nudes being paraded in public?

2 Likes

Re: Inside FG’s Planned Social Media Regulation Bill - The Cable by Easy5265: 6:42pm On Feb 10, 2022
Mayorofodemu:

You must be proud of your infantile argument

2 Likes

Re: Inside FG’s Planned Social Media Regulation Bill - The Cable by lexy2014: 6:42pm On Feb 10, 2022
masseratti:
What is the difference between this one and the other one that was shut down by the National Assembly, because they got away with Twitter ban they want to try this rubbish? In their dreams. There are other ways to regulate social media and get revenue from it, but users information and privacy must remain strictly confidential and not at the discretion of anyone but a court, what's the meaning of the bullshit called imminent danger, and there is no way they can even fully regulate social media, technology is too advance for the crappy bill they are trying to introduce, especially during election period.

And uptill now, we haven't seen twitter meeting all the conditions that FG gave them

1 Like

Re: Inside FG’s Planned Social Media Regulation Bill - The Cable by Muhylonaire007: 6:59pm On Feb 10, 2022
[s][/s]
Mayorofodemu:
[s][/s]

You are just another E-diot. You typed like an adult with no brain sir

1 Like

Re: Inside FG’s Planned Social Media Regulation Bill - The Cable by panpan(m): 7:01pm On Feb 10, 2022
This is a very dangerous bill. It should be rejected from start to finish.

Any bill that gives absolute and unrestrained powers to a government agency, to demand private information without a court order, should be thrown out.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jonathan Harps On Unity As Obi Blames Nation’s Woes On Leadership Failure / Imo State Government Donates Armoured Vehicles & Weapons To Police / How Ganduje’s Govt Employed JSS Students Into Civil Service – Kano SSG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.