Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,025 members, 7,835,479 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

"I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote (66742 Views)

Armed Robbery Attack On Banks In Offa, Kwara (More Pictures) / Armed Robbery Attack On A Bank In Offa, Kwara State (Graphic Photos) / Nigerian Man Stops Robbery Attack In Italy, Gets Rewarded By Authorities. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by gaskiyamagana: 7:05pm On Feb 12, 2022
Righteousness2:
Condolences to the Family of the Deceased.

His words are true.
Anyone who Has an Understanding of Life would live this life in the Conciousness of Eternity because this is not our Home. It is just a Pathway to our Eternity.

Most Importantly, the Only and right way to live in the Conciousness of your Eternity is to Surrender to the Lordship of JESUS Christ, as HE is the ONLY way to Eternal life in Heaven
Very, very high on JESUSWEED as usual.
Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by Tomek09(m): 7:07pm On Feb 12, 2022
So sad. RIP Mubarak.
Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by Goalnaldo206: 7:09pm On Feb 12, 2022
This is the best site for any Nigerian who wants to connect to Ghana
UncleKoboko66: With this Up Ghana. com forum, maybe I can achieve my dream of dating a Ghana girl

Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by gaskiyamagana: 7:10pm On Feb 12, 2022
Evinote:
"You are snared by the words of your mouth". So saith the good book. Our words and thought are very powerful so be careful how you use them.
You mean those who meet their waterloo when coming back from yearly Christian Camp were 'snared by the words of their mouths' as they are leaving the camp?
Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by gaskiyamagana: 7:13pm On Feb 12, 2022
Evinote:
"You are snared by the words of your mouth". So saith the good book. Our words and thought are very powerful so be careful how you use them.
You mean those who meet their waterloo when coming back from yearly Christian Camp were 'snared by the words of their mouths' as they are leaving the camp or what is responsible for their death as they just concluded God's work?
Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by Sleekfingers: 7:19pm On Feb 12, 2022
Dcaliphate:
When you're born in Nigeria

cheesy cheesy grin
Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by dingbang(m): 7:20pm On Feb 12, 2022
Make people no dey wish themselves bad abeg.
Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by Brokeloser: 7:25pm On Feb 12, 2022
9jaBloke:

Just before Ibadan, Ratcon Construction Company was fixing the expressway at a sharp bend, and their heavy duty vehicles occupied one lane. This generated traffic as all the cars on the road were forced to slow down and squeeze into the other lane.
In a sane working country the construction company will pay heavily for damages but alas "This is Nigeria".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by placeofallure(f): 7:26pm On Feb 12, 2022
9jaBloke:
Pure coincidence but then:

Let us be mindful of the kind of words we speak to ourselves and to others.

Let me share a personal experience (please pardon the length):
Many years ago, I drove my Dad from Ilesa to Lagos for an important business meeting. The discussion was kind of boring so I left the conference room and went to the vehicle to chill. Still bored, I switched on the radio and kept tuning until I got to a channel (can't recall which). A call-in program was on-going and the question was 'If God leaves you to decide how much longer you want to live, how many years would you ask for and why?'.

Listeners called in and gave varying figures...100 years, 200, 80, 50. Most people's reason was that they still had a lot to achieve. Some said life was too good. One woman said she wanted to see her great great grand children.

I decided to call in and say something shocking, just for the fun of it. I wanted to say that I would ask God for one more day because life is stressful and boring. I tried and tried but my call didn't go through, probably because of the number of people trying to call. It finally connected just as the program was about to end but the presenter announced that they won't be taking any more calls. So I didn't get to air my outrageous view on radio.

The next day, we set off for Ilesa, I drove. Just before Ibadan, Ratcon Construction Company was fixing the expressway at a sharp bend, and their heavy duty vehicles occupied one lane. This generated traffic as all the cars on the road were forced to slow down and squeeze into the other lane. I negotiated that bend at about 80-100 kph, saw the traffic, slowed down completely and joined the queue.

Less than a minute later, I heard some shouting behind me, I looked in my rearview mirror and saw a petroleum tanker bearing down on me. The tanker driver must have got to the bend at top speed like most vehicles, saw the traffic and lost control. The tanker was directly behind me and was definitely going to crush me. All I can remember was unconsciously whispering God please... God please.

Suddenly, a white inter-state commercial bus appeared, driving at break-neck speed and also lost control. The bus driver must have been trying to overtake the tanker at the bend with no knowledge of what was going on.(all these happened in split seconds)

Both the bus and the tanker hit me. The bus, a fraction of a second earlier than the tanker. The bus pushed me forward and took my original space. The tanker hit both of us but the bus took most of the impact. The tanker's blow on my vehicle was glancing so it sent me into the surrounding bushes. The bus was completely crushed. My Dad and I came out of the bushes and watched the bus driver die.

The tanker (fully loaded) had overturned and fuel was trickling out of one compartment. Luckily it was diesel so it didn't ignite.

The events of those two days will be vividly etched in my memory forever.

Now, I'm not a superstitious person. I'm very strong on facts and logic but at times, I can't help but wonder if the result would have been different if my call went through.

Lesson - Always make positive pronouncements concerning yourself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by Clinghton: 7:29pm On Feb 12, 2022
He probably made that comment jokingly.
Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by 9jaBloke: 7:31pm On Feb 12, 2022
Brokeloser:

In a sane working country the construction company will pay heavily for damages but alas "This is Nigeria".

I swear. When we emerged from the bushes, there was no sign of the construction company. Just dead bodies and damaged vehicles.
Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by ALFADOS(m): 7:32pm On Feb 12, 2022
madridguy:
This is our wake-up call as Muslims. If you wake up, don't be sure of noon, and if you witness noon, don't be too sure of seeing night, and if you witness night don't be confident of seeing the next morning.

May Allah azza wajal place him in a high rank in AL JANNAH FIRDAOUS and comfort his family & friends, Aamin.
Ameen

1 Like

Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by Mamijoh(f): 7:33pm On Feb 12, 2022
Olaoluwa112:
Sad.

Well, he was only saying this cause that's the kind of man he was.

People used these words too and are still very much alive.

This is just a coincidence, may God grant him eternal rest.
Amen
Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by Hassanmaye(m): 7:33pm On Feb 12, 2022
madridguy:
This is our wake-up call as Muslims. If you wake up, don't be sure of noon, and if you witness noon, don't be too sure of seeing night, and if you witness night don't be confident of seeing the next morning.

May Allah azza wajal place him in a high rank in AL JANNAH FIRDAOUS and comfort his family & friends, Aamin.
Subhanallah
Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by dklex(m): 7:36pm On Feb 12, 2022
plan work, is election season, south west shine your eye
MosheDayan:
Security in the SW is getting very terrible undecided
Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by Bmaster(m): 7:40pm On Feb 12, 2022
BigTableShaker:
If a man is not ready to die, then he has not been living.
so sad you said the truth.

And again,it's unfortunate not every body will live life,some only just exist,they wasn't living!
Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by foreshore(m): 7:43pm On Feb 12, 2022
NwekeUG:
"I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote Before His Death (Photos)

Family members and friends of Mubarak Sulaiman, who was killed by the armed robbers that attacked a bullion van around Idi-Ape area of Ibadan on Thursday, February 10, 2022, have taken to social media to mourn him, IGBERETV reports.

Mubarak, a trained biomedical scientist, Arabic Language tutor, consultant, and coach, was hit by a stray bullet fired by the robbers who killed two police officers, two civilians and carted away millions of Naira from the bullion van.

One of Sulaiman's friends, Akinkunmi Akinpelu, in a post shared on his Facebook page, stated that the deceased might have had a premonition of his death. Akinpelu shared the last conversation he had with Sulaiman, where the deceased requested to make payment for a service immediately stating that he may not be alive the next day.

Akinkunmi wrote;

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2309499935858743&id=100003962766404

It matters what you say with your mouth. Words are powerful. Choose life so you can live.
Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by AsawanaDgreat: 7:44pm On Feb 12, 2022
No body knows tomorrow
Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by MosheDayan: 7:44pm On Feb 12, 2022
MufasaLion:

South West? It's a generally problem and national concern.
yeah, but that robbery was bad.
Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by Franking: 7:45pm On Feb 12, 2022
RIP to the dead but there's nothing like premonition in cases like this. People say things like that all the time and don't die. It is mere coincidence.

1 Like

Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by MufasaLion: 7:46pm On Feb 12, 2022
MosheDayan:
yeah, but that robbery was bad.

Yea, every crime is bad, no matter how little it's negative impact is.
Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by Indispensable85(m): 7:48pm On Feb 12, 2022
There's power in the tongue believe it or not.
Use it well
Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by generalwo(m): 7:49pm On Feb 12, 2022
Olaoluwa112:
Sad.

Well, he was only saying this cause that's the kind of man he was.

People used these words too and are still very much alive.

This is just a coincidence, may God grant him eternal rest.
.... We need to be careful of the kind of bad words we use... We don't know the ones that may come through
Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by generalwo(m): 7:49pm On Feb 12, 2022
We need to be careful of the kind of bad words we use... We don't know the ones that may come through
Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by mountmoriah(m): 7:50pm On Feb 12, 2022
This painful

May God comfort the families.

Meanwhile I sell iron rod

Payment on delivery

8mm

10mm

12mm

16mm

20mm

Check my signature for your ordering

Thanks
Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by Princekunle10: 7:54pm On Feb 12, 2022
Is not as if he knows that he will die, it's just the fact about life, nobody knows what will happen to him or her in the next minutes, but remember there is power in the tongue, whatch you say to yourself.
Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by mechanics(m): 7:55pm On Feb 12, 2022
The tongue has power, we need to always be positive.
Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by Nobody: 8:01pm On Feb 12, 2022
zabuur:

This is why I hate things u say. So anyone that dies now without the nonsense u wrote up there ends in hell. I am deeply pained by your disregard to other people's faith. So your own god is so wicked that he would allow every other person without your belief go to hell. What kind of father is he, what kind of creator is he? What percentage are those with ur belief. Compare it to the rest. Why did ur god create human when he knew that most of them will end in hell. Why I detest people like u is that, u are ready to decide who goes to hell and who doesn't. So the whole of China. India, Pakistan, as much as their population and they don't have ur belief will go to hell.

Stupid fellow, the phone u are using to type these nonsense might even be made by a Chinese. You too will have money and go to Dubai to relax, when ur family member gets sick, u would consider traveling to India. In your store, u have dangote/BUA sugar, salt etc and hypocritical of u, you'll come here and start saying anyone without this and that won't make heaven. Why don't u mind ur business for once.

Nairaland! You have lost it by encouraging such things

May Allah Subhana Watahallah grant the departed soul AL- JANNA Firdaus. Forgive all his sins those he knew and knew not.

All Muslims here, I want to you please recite Suratul Ikhlas for this brother in Deen who just lost his life and for every other Muslim that we know and have left us including my parents and elder brother
Brother
Reciting suratul ikhlas for the dead is bidiah

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cameroonian Ladies Run With Lover’s Car & Cash After Marathon Sex In Nigeria / Missing Undergraduate, Faith Aluko, Found / Aisha Omolola, ABU Student Commits Suicide, Drops Note (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.