Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,901 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:05 PM

"I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote (66706 Views)

Armed Robbery Attack On Banks In Offa, Kwara (More Pictures) / Armed Robbery Attack On A Bank In Offa, Kwara State (Graphic Photos) / Nigerian Man Stops Robbery Attack In Italy, Gets Rewarded By Authorities. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by NwekeUG(m): 1:01pm On Feb 12, 2022
"I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote Before His Death (Photos)

Family members and friends of Mubarak Sulaiman, who was killed by the armed robbers that attacked a bullion van around Idi-Ape area of Ibadan on Thursday, February 10, 2022, have taken to social media to mourn him, IGBERETV reports.

Mubarak, a trained biomedical scientist, Arabic Language tutor, consultant, and coach, was hit by a stray bullet fired by the robbers who killed two police officers, two civilians and carted away millions of Naira from the bullion van.

One of Sulaiman's friends, Akinkunmi Akinpelu, in a post shared on his Facebook page, stated that the deceased might have had a premonition of his death. Akinpelu shared the last conversation he had with Sulaiman, where the deceased requested to make payment for a service immediately stating that he may not be alive the next day.

Akinkunmi wrote;

''Mubarak Sulaiman Olanrewaju You said you might die before tomorrow as if you have known that you're going to killed today

I never knew you, but your demise hit me real deep, because like every other fathers like us who left home, we got back home but yours was to al barzakh (Life in the grave).

May Allah accept your return and forgive your shortcomings.

May Allah strengthen those you left behind especially your wife.

My brethren!

We walk with our heads high up in the sky, unaware that one day we'll be trapped 6' Feet under the ground.

Our death and meeting with our Creator is approaching and yet our biggest worry is what are we going to wear tomorrow?

May Allah honour us with a good End.''
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2309499935858743&id=100003962766404

16 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by Olaoluwa112(m): 1:02pm On Feb 12, 2022
Sad.

Well, he was only saying this cause that's the kind of man he was.

People used these words too and are still very much alive.

This is just a coincidence, may God grant him eternal rest.

828 Likes 54 Shares

Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by madridguy(m): 1:06pm On Feb 12, 2022
This is our wake-up call as Muslims. If you wake up, don't be sure of noon, and if you witness noon, don't be too sure of seeing night, and if you witness night don't be confident of seeing the next morning.

May Allah azza wajal place him in a high rank in AL JANNAH FIRDAOUS and comfort his family & friends, Aamin.

287 Likes 41 Shares

Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by Toluwanise247(m): 1:13pm On Feb 12, 2022
Let us live as if today is our last day ....

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by Mariangeles(f): 1:14pm On Feb 12, 2022
He was probably the kind of man that lived his life consciously, like every day was the last.

226 Likes 17 Shares

Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by Righteousness2(m): 1:14pm On Feb 12, 2022
Condolences to the Family of the Deceased.

His words are true.
Anyone who Has an Understanding of Life would live this life in the Conciousness of Eternity because this is not our Home. It is just a Pathway to our Eternity.

Most Importantly, the Only and right way to live in the Conciousness of your Eternity is to Surrender to the Lordship of JESUS Christ, as HE is the ONLY way to Eternal life in Heaven

94 Likes 9 Shares

Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by Bettykeys: 1:17pm On Feb 12, 2022
Hmmm
A big lesson to all living. Next hour is not guaranteed.
May God rest his soul in perfect peace

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by BigTableShaker(f): 1:18pm On Feb 12, 2022
If a man is not ready to die, then he has not been living.

79 Likes 11 Shares

Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by Maxymilliano(m): 1:21pm On Feb 12, 2022
This has nothing to do with premonition of what is to come, it's about the hard reality of going out to hustle and come back in one piece.

Surviving the daily hustles and bustles in tis country is no longer a given ...

28 Likes 7 Shares

Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by lloydtruth: 1:28pm On Feb 12, 2022
At the point of writing, He was already seeing the great beyond. RiP

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by Sekoni003(m): 1:30pm On Feb 12, 2022
Maxymilliano:
This has nothing to do with premonition of what is to come, it's about the hard reality of going out to hustle and come back in one piece.

Exactly..nothing is assured. Why I live every day like it's my last

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by everythinggirly(f): 1:56pm On Feb 12, 2022
RIP. His “I might die tomorrow” message is a statement used by many not a prophecy.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by MosheDayan: 3:08pm On Feb 12, 2022
Security in the SW is getting very terrible undecided

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by decub: 3:43pm On Feb 12, 2022
NwekeUG:
"I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote Before His Death (Photos)

Family members and friends of Mubarak Sulaiman, who was killed by the armed robbers that attacked a bullion van around Idi-Ape area of Ibadan on Thursday, February 10, 2022, have taken to social media to mourn him, IGBERETV reports.

Mubarak, a trained biomedical scientist, Arabic Language tutor, consultant, and coach, was hit by a stray bullet fired by the robbers who killed two police officers, two civilians and carted away millions of Naira from the bullion van.

One of Sulaiman's friends, Akinkunmi Akinpelu, in a post shared on his Facebook page, stated that the deceased might have had a premonition of his death. Akinpelu shared the last conversation he had with Sulaiman, where the deceased requested to make payment for a service immediately stating that he may not be alive the next day.

Akinkunmi wrote;

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2309499935858743&id=100003962766404

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Coincidence.

Popsy sabi use this line wella, Baba is still balling till date.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by AdeniyiA(m): 3:55pm On Feb 12, 2022
Hmm... Like my late father in the Lord Prophet TB JOSHUA would always say, that we should live each day of our life as if it were our last and someday we'd be right. His death just point to this fact that no one knows when death would come, where it'd meet u and d nature it'd take. Talking of TIME, PLACE AND TYPE of death, we should live our life wt caution

5 Likes

Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by Bobloco: 4:31pm On Feb 12, 2022
Just a mere coincidence.

People use that line and are still alive

Just to emphasize that nothing is assured. Live your life each day as if it is your last

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by redsun(m): 4:43pm On Feb 12, 2022
He was obviously a gentleman, and those he left behind won't live to suffer because his wonderful and capable spirit must continue to flow in them.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by 9jaBloke: 5:51pm On Feb 12, 2022
Pure coincidence but then:

Let us be mindful of the kind of words we speak to ourselves and to others.

Let me share a personal experience (please pardon the length):

Many years ago, I drove my Dad from Ilesa to Lagos for an important business meeting. The discussion was kind of boring so I left the conference room and went to the vehicle to chill. Still bored, I switched on the radio and kept tuning until I got to a channel (can't recall which). A call-in program was on-going and the question was 'If God leaves you to decide how much longer you want to live, how many years would you ask for and why?'.

Listeners called in and gave varying figures...100 years, 200, 80, 50. Most people's reason was that they still had a lot to achieve. Some said life was too good. One woman said she wanted to see her great great grand children.

I decided to call in and say something shocking, just for the fun of it. I wanted to say that I would ask God for one more day because life is stressful and boring. I tried and tried but my call didn't go through, probably because of the number of people trying to call. It finally connected just as the program was about to end but the presenter announced that they won't be taking any more calls. So I didn't get to air my outrageous view on radio.

The next day, we set off for Ilesa, I drove. Just before Ibadan, Ratcon Construction Company was fixing the expressway at a sharp bend, and their heavy duty vehicles occupied one lane. This generated traffic as all the cars on the road were forced to slow down and squeeze into the other lane. I negotiated that bend at about 80-100 kph, saw the traffic, slowed down completely and joined the queue.

Less than a minute later, I heard some shouting behind me, I looked in my rearview mirror and saw a petroleum tanker bearing down on me. The tanker driver must have got to the bend at top speed like most vehicles, saw the traffic and lost control. The tanker was directly behind me and was definitely going to crush me. All I can remember was unconsciously whispering God please... God please.

Suddenly, a white inter-state commercial bus appeared, driving at break-neck speed and also lost control. The bus driver must have been trying to overtake the tanker at the bend with no knowledge of what was going on.(all these happened in split seconds)

Both the bus and the tanker hit me. The bus, a fraction of a second earlier than the tanker. The bus pushed me forward and took my original space. The tanker hit both of us but the bus took most of the impact. The tanker's blow on my vehicle was glancing so it sent me into the surrounding bushes. The bus was completely crushed. My Dad and I came out of the bushes and watched the bus driver die.

The tanker (fully loaded) had overturned and fuel was trickling out of one compartment. Luckily it was diesel so it didn't ignite.

The events of those two days will be vividly etched in my memory forever.

Now, I'm not a superstitious person. I'm very strong on facts and logic but at times, I can't help but wonder if the result would have been different if my call went through.

71 Likes 9 Shares

Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by NaijaCover(m): 6:28pm On Feb 12, 2022
Nawa o
Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by Dcaliphate(m): 6:28pm On Feb 12, 2022
When you're born in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by MufasaLion: 6:28pm On Feb 12, 2022
It was just a mere coincidence.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by McOluOmo: 6:28pm On Feb 12, 2022
The only sure way to meet God...face to face

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by Nobody: 6:29pm On Feb 12, 2022
RIP
Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by MufasaLion: 6:29pm On Feb 12, 2022
MosheDayan:
Security in the SW is getting very terrible undecided

South West? It's a generally problem and national concern.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by Triangles1(m): 6:29pm On Feb 12, 2022
Power of tong.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by markidoo(m): 6:30pm On Feb 12, 2022
Chelsea win world club cup in 90minutes..
Since words of the mouth are power let this happen so my ticket can play
Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by Rebuke: 6:30pm On Feb 12, 2022
Maxymilliano:

Yes but one has to be mindful of their words....remember, the tongue has the power of life and death Proverbs 18:21

It's not funny how it's always so easy for negative confessions to come to pass than positive ones though.

It's sad, may his soul rest in peace.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by hezekiah84(m): 6:30pm On Feb 12, 2022
Rip to him but those robbers will die a shameful death

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by Neddstark: 6:30pm On Feb 12, 2022
Those robbers that killed those innocent civilians and policemen shall be haunted day and night by the ghosts of the victims. The money they stole shall buy them misfortune. Their lives shall continually be a living nightmare. As for the cowardly police in the nearby station that refused to engage the robbers and left your colleagues to die, you are a miserable disgrace.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by MufasaLion: 6:30pm On Feb 12, 2022
9jaBloke:
Pure coincidence but then:

Let's be mindful of the kind of words we speak to ourselves and to others.

He was unfortunate to die that day. It had nothing to do with what he said.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cameroonian Ladies Run With Lover’s Car & Cash After Marathon Sex In Nigeria / Missing Undergraduate, Faith Aluko, Found / Two Nigerians To Die By Hanging In Ghana For Kidnapping, Killing Four Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.