Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,558 members, 7,837,149 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) (23995 Views)

99% Of Human Beings Are Going To Hell - Mummy G.O (Video) / Mummy G.O Fabrics Now On Sale / Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by phemmyfour: 8:38pm On Feb 14, 2022
mapet:

There is no harm in self edification, right... but even at that Paul said your spirt prays, bit your mind is unfruitful 1Cor 14:14.
lol..
The next verse gave it a balance.
For edified spirit and a fruitful mind:
Vs15
15So what shall I do? I will pray with my spirit, but I will also pray with my understanding; I will sing with my spirit, but I will also sing with my understanding
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by mapet: 9:22pm On Feb 14, 2022
phemmyfour:
lol..
The next verse gave it a balance.
For edified spirit and a fruitful mind:
Vs15
15So what shall I do? I will pray with my spirit, but I will also pray with my understanding; I will sing with my spirit, but I will also sing with my understanding

....exactly my point. You cannot take the former and say you're complete
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by Ilaje1: 10:45pm On Feb 14, 2022
Heterodox:
Why appetizing headache for yourself? We're saying the same thing.

The so called tongues are languages of men forgotten or still used in other parts of the world albeit unfamiliar to us. Even your so called jargons spoken by other churches.

You mistake me for your average religious head.

Don't be in a hurry to make a pointless point.

Mind you, CCC don't always speak in native languages. Unless during channeling.

What's their usual language?
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by Ilaje1: 10:51pm On Feb 14, 2022
Heterodox:
Why appetizing headache for yourself? We're saying the same thing.

The so called tongues are languages of men forgotten or still used in other parts of the world albeit unfamiliar to us. Even your so called jargons spoken by other churches.

You mistake me for your average religious head.

Don't be in a hurry to make a pointless point.

Mind you, CCC don't always speak in native languages. Unless during channeling.

If comprehension is not your problem, you would have known we are not saying the same thing. For example, the highlighted above is not factual, hence I called it gibberish and unintelligible to any human. People just conjured nonsense and called it speaking in tongues. Always read to understand before you attack people.
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by Heterodox(m): 11:17pm On Feb 14, 2022
Ilaje1:

If comprehension is not your problem, you would have known we are not saying the same thing. For example, the highlighted above is not factual, hence I called it gibberish and unintelligible to any human. People just conjured nonsense and called it speaking in tongues. Always read to understand before you attack people.
Just like I envisaged. Cliche.

Read to understand.

Are there people who conjure up nonsense as tongues? Yes.

Are there people who speak ancient languages erroneously classified as speaking in tongues? Yes.

So you see, you're the one who lacks understanding.

You seem to maintain all speaking in tongues are conjured nonsense. But that's not possible in a universe like ours. Nothing is absolutely total. Truth or false.

So, get understanding and stop throwing cliches around. I'm not your typical person.
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by Rhips: 1:10am On Feb 15, 2022
otipoju:

These are classification that one man thought about. No where in the bible is such classification made.
Its someone's erroneous opinion. Prophecy is not a vocal gift.

Stop saying nonsense. Its like saying talking is a gift and walking is a gift or eating is a spiritual gift. These are natural traits of humans.

Prophesy is the revelation of hidden things from God to man. The prophet sees or hears and then relays what he or she saw. The spiritual gift itself is the ability to receive revelations or access the spiritual realms to access information not know to the five senses.

Events of the past, present and future become accessible to the prophet. That is the gift.

The verbal narrating of what the prophet is seeing or hearing or saw or heard is not the gift.

Stop regurgitating what someone wrote somewhere and take time to read and meditate yourself on scriptures and pray to God to teach you spiritual things

Prophecy not vocalised is not prophecy, hence it is a regarded as a vocal gift. It must be spoken. It is not a revelation. By the way, the grouping is not a doctrine but merely used to understand these gifts and how they operate.
However, we don’t have to debate and agree. As such. I will respectfully make no further comments.
Thank you and God bless.
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by otipoju(m): 5:42am On Feb 15, 2022
Rhips:

Prophecy not vocalised is not prophecy, hence it is a regarded as a vocal gift. It must be spoken. It is not a revelation. By the way, the grouping is not a doctrine but merely used to understand these gifts and how they operate.
However, we don’t have to debate and agree. As such. I will respectfully make no further comments.
Thank you and God bless.

"Prophecy is not revelation " Please just keep quiet. Have you ever seen or heard a prophet? " Are you even listening to yourself or you must be right at all costs. Go and Read Amos 3 vs 7 and come back here and tell us prophecy is not revelation with your full chest. Person wey sabi pass you dey clear you but because no be your pastor...you no go gree listen.

Or you think prophesy is the vague declarations by your Pastors such as " i prophesy in the next six months there shall be upliftment" ...do you think that is what prophecy is?

Prophecy must reveal specific events that had happened in the past, related events that is currently going on and what will happen in the future...as revealed by God and unknown to the prophet before the spirit descends on him/her to reveal.

The act of " narrating " what you were shown is not a gift. Its a natural everyday thing that human beings do. It is the uncommon ability to access the spiritual realms to know unknown past present and future events that is the gift.
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by jimmynauty: 6:04am On Feb 15, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Boy shhh..

Guess you athiest or are you ashamed
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by Masaudmuhammed: 8:23am On Feb 15, 2022
Benitoh:
I don't blame you moslems at all!!

You ban Christians and force them to swear that they're muslim before they can comment in an Islamic thread.

As me, do you enjoy the freedom to freely make a comment in a Christian thread without being forced to swear as moslem

We are all from one (CREATOR / GOD) !!!

But some of the Christian's are confused,
Some will says. Jesus a Son of (GOD),

Jesus A (GOD). &

His Mother Marry is a (GOD) ...

(ISAH) IS A SERVANT & MESSENGER OF GOD;

in the rules of (GOD) he sending any MESSENGER with Miracle's or signs,

all MESSENGERS called us to follow (ONE GOD)...

Likely:- Nuh, Luke, Abraham, Samuel, Joshua, Isah- Jesus, Musa, etc

Example:- Lets. say you're a the KING and you like send the message to other peoples to follow your commands

will you go for yourself or You will send them your servant To, Tell them to follow YOU

Answer:- First you need to send MASSENGEG in your servants,

with your Signature or Stamp or miracles OK

The God is (1) one....

GOD IS GREAT IN POWERS
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:26am On Feb 15, 2022
Masaudmuhammed:

That's So so true.
many Christians they're confused!
BUT ONLY GOD KNOWS TRUTH!!!
In a (1)word (The Christianity Is a Scam)

There is no doubt that false religion is a scam but do you care to know the one and only true religion or you're only supporting the one handed over to you by your parents the same way many around you are doing? smiley

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by justt: 3:37pm On Feb 16, 2022
I can see you are only interested in arguments and not in facts.

Jesus said a sign of speaking in a NEW tongue will follow those who believe in him and you are here saying where did Jesus say believers will speak in tongues

You appear very confused with your question (no pun/insult intended). Again, is anyone saying you can speak without using the tongue or what are you saying?

He didn't ask them to speak in new tongues on their own. He said it WILL follow them. Speaking in tongues is not what you can do yourself. You receive the ability ONLY when you are empowered by the only Holy Spirit.

And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit AND began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance (Act 2:4)

Of course, thereafter, you can speak the tongue at will because you already have the gift.

How would Jesus have commanded a specific language? This may probably support the the initial statement that speaking in tongues is not heavenly language; it's human language. If it were heavenly, everyone, probably, would be saying the same thing.

This will be my last response to you on this. You are always free to have your own opinion.

Shalom

Lovenorth:

Where Jesus ask you to speak in tongue and the specific tongue clearly stated? Is there any language you speak without your tongue? Why are you deceiving yourselves?
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by justt: 5:05pm On Feb 16, 2022
It is always good as believers that we learn from one another. When we are not ready to consider other people's opinions and we insist that we are right, then there may be problem. In fact I believe this is responsible for the different doctrines in the Body of Christ today.

I believe Rhips is right is his classification of the gifts. Yes, some people may have come up with these classifications, that doesn't invalidate them.

As much as you are going by what is stated in the Bible, which is great, it appears you are also making same errors by insisting on what is not stated in the Bible!

For instance, you said, 'Prophecy is not a vocal gift' because it is not written in the Bible but your statement, 'Events of the past, present and future become accessible to the prophet. That is the gift. 'The verbal narrating of what the prophet is seeing or hearing or saw or heard is not the gift' is also not written as such in the Bible cheesy So do we call that a fallacy

Interestingly and according to Paul in 1 Cor 12, what he calls gifts are the special abilities (tongues, prophecy, word of wisdom faith etc), which unfortunately, you said are not the gifts!

You need to understand that there is the gift of prophecy which Paul mentioned in 1 Cor 12:10, but there is also the office of a prophet, which the same Paul also mentioned in Eph 4:11.The gift of prophesy is something every believer could operate in but in most cases, this occurs only at special periods - during prayers, studying of the word, fellowshipping with other believers or so but office of a prophet is a ministry gift. People in this office don't need to be in prayer session or be engaged in any spiritual activity before they receive from God. They may even be eating or be in the toilet when God gives them the revelation. Those who have the gift of prophesy can be elevated to the office if they are serious.

Yes, it common to lump everything together, may be because the two often operate together, but revelation and prophecy have their distinct meanings, even in common grammar. Prophecy/prophesy = foretelling/speaking forth. This has to do with talking. That is why it was classified as a vocal gift! In most cases, there may not be vision. You are just empowered by the Spirit of the Lord to say those words. I have not heard or seen someone prophesying without vocalizing it.

Revelation on the other hand is from 'reveal'/'see'. Revelation involves you being shown things that other are not seeing. You are not necessarily speaking. This may include somebody talking to you or you just seeing/hearing things that are happening around or that is about to happen in the future. In some cases, there may be talking or speaking but in most of these, it was usually with the angel/God/Jesus who gave the vision whereas in prophecy, you would be talking to people or things (e.g Ezekiel, who was asked to prophesy to the winds); you will not be talking back to God. In the example of Ezekiel (Eze 37), I believe both revelation and prophecy took place together.

Again, you need to understand that in the office of a prophet, several gifts are often involved - prophecy, word of wisdom, word of knowledge, discerning of spirit, tongues and interpretation of tongues. It is an 'office' so you will find 'varieties'. I hope this is not a 'fallacy' because it is not stated in the Bible like that?

Prophecy is NOT the revelation (they are two different words)! Prophecy is that which is spoken forth...
Revelation is that which is shown or known

They are both abilities displayed by believers as they are empowered by the Spirit of God

It is inappropriate to have used the word 'nonsense'! We should rather inculcate the attitude of learning from each other when we have differing opinions on issue like this or at least make further research before flagrantly condemning others' views.

Shalom

otipoju:

These are classification that one man thought about. No where in the bible is such classification made.
Its someone's erroneous opinion. Prophecy is not a vocal gift.

Stop saying nonsense. Its like saying talking is a gift and walking is a gift or eating is a spiritual gift. These are natural traits of humans.

Prophesy is the revelation of hidden things from God to man. The prophet sees or hears and then relays what he or she saw. The spiritual gift itself is the ability to receive revelations or access the spiritual realms to access information not know to the five senses.

Events of the past, present and future become accessible to the prophet. That is the gift.

The verbal narrating of what the prophet is seeing or hearing or saw or heard is not the gift.

Stop regurgitating what someone wrote somewhere and take time to read and meditate yourself on scriptures and pray to God to teach you spiritual things
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by adeolamighty: 9:05pm On Oct 16, 2022
tommy589:
Kinni akindanidani yi nwi?

Idiot, alainilakaye Omo.

Eni duro ke gba eko! Won ma fa'ya ninu Orin ijo kerubu,se ki se ede l'arubawa niyen? It is not too much to ask what you don't know,White garments don't chant sha pra pra
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by Abrahamgreat(m): 11:51am On Dec 18, 2022
Ilaje1:

Read the whole passage and don't just stop at verse 2. The passage is basically saying don't speak gibberish to people because it useless to them. Speak it only if you have someone to interpret. Invariably, it means someone must understand yhe language and able to interpret. If no interpreter then don't speak it says the passage you quoted.

Someone MUST not necessarily understand the language, however if you can speak and interpret, it's a plus and it doesn't diminish or condemn speaking in tongues generally. If you want to speak and interpret in unknown language, you only need to ask God for it and He will generously give it to you. Meanwhile speaking in tongues is speaking to God and not to people as a point of correction and that is why Apostle Paul says I can speak in tongues but i will rather prophesy since it edifies other people. Invariably, if Apostle Paul wants to edify himself he speaks in tongue.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

About The High Rate Of People Luring Others Into Sex / Using "I Love You" To Deceive Ladies For Sex / We Live in a 3D World. The Spirit World is 4D Plus.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.