Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,074 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

"Will Sacrifice Trophies If Told To Get Jab "- NOVAK DJOKOVIC - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "Will Sacrifice Trophies If Told To Get Jab "- NOVAK DJOKOVIC (20479 Views)

Novak Djokovic Takes On 2 Fat Sumo Heavyweight Fighters (Photos) / Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal To Win Australian Open Men's Final (Pics) / The Trophies Unveiled By FIFA For The 2018 World Cup In Russia. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Will Sacrifice Trophies If Told To Get Jab "- NOVAK DJOKOVIC by IamV: 9:27am On Feb 15, 2022
Novak Djokovic has said he would rather miss out on future tennis trophies than be forced to get a Covid vaccine.

Speaking exclusively to the BBC, he said he should not be associated with the anti-vax movement, but supported an individual's right to choose.
Djokovic was asked if he would sacrifice taking part in competitions such as Wimbledon and the French Open over his stance on the vaccine.

"Yes, that is the price that I'm willing to pay," he said.

The 20-times Grand Slam winner was deported from Australia last month after the government cancelled his visa in a row over his vaccine status [https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-60014059].

Djokovic, who is the world's number one men's tennis player, said he had obtained a medical exemption to enter the country to play in the Australian Open as he had recently recovered from Covid-19.
However, the country's immigration minister, Alex Hawke, personally cancelled the 34-year-old's visa, on the grounds that his presence could incite "civil unrest" and encourage anti-vaccine sentiment.

"I was never against vaccination," he told the BBC, confirming that he'd had vaccines as a child, "but I've always supported the freedom to choose what you put in your body."

In a wide-ranging interview, his first since he was detained in Melbourne in January, Djokovic addressed speculation about the timing of his positive Covid case in December and discussed his own attitude towards the vaccine.

Djokovic said he hoped vaccination requirements in certain tournaments would change, adding that he was hoping that he "can play for many more years".

But he also confirmed he was willing to forego the chance to become statistically the greatest male tennis player of all time because he felt so strongly. Djokovic's rival, Rafael Nadal, has won 21 Grand Slam titles - the most of any competitor.

Asked why, he replied: "Because the principles of decision making on my body are more important than any title or anything else. I'm trying to be in tune with my body as much as I possibly can."

Djokovic said he had "always been a great student of wellness, wellbeing, health, nutrition," and that his decision had been partly influenced by the positive impact that factors such as changing his diet and his sleeping patterns, had had on his abilities as an athlete.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-60354068

93 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Will Sacrifice Trophies If Told To Get Jab "- NOVAK DJOKOVIC by Nobody: 9:30am On Feb 15, 2022
this guy has strong feelings for this covid jab. so do I.

206 Likes 12 Shares

Re: "Will Sacrifice Trophies If Told To Get Jab "- NOVAK DJOKOVIC by Neimar: 9:31am On Feb 15, 2022
Rest abeg
Too much noise

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Will Sacrifice Trophies If Told To Get Jab "- NOVAK DJOKOVIC by Righteousness2(m): 9:31am On Feb 15, 2022
I Love the courage of Novak.
I will Sacrifice all including my life not to take that thing. Never Ever.

130 Likes 10 Shares

Re: "Will Sacrifice Trophies If Told To Get Jab "- NOVAK DJOKOVIC by IamV: 9:36am On Feb 15, 2022
Righteousness2:
I Love the courage of Novak.
I will Sacrifice all including my life not to take that thing. Never Ever.

There have being data that this covid-19 vaccines end up complicating ones health ,why are they still forcing people to take it ?

https://www.mayoclinic.org/coronavirus-covid-19/vaccine-side-effects

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Will Sacrifice Trophies If Told To Get Jab "- NOVAK DJOKOVIC by Maxymilliano(m): 9:48am On Feb 15, 2022
Novak Djokovic has said he would rather miss out on future tennis trophies than be forced to get a Covid vaccine.
His body, his choice ...

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Will Sacrifice Trophies If Told To Get Jab "- NOVAK DJOKOVIC by Mintum: 9:54am On Feb 15, 2022
Neimar:
Rest abeg
Too much noise
can't you read that it was a journalist that asked him the question which he answered? You are talking as if he is the one that went out on his own to start talking about it. Even if he talks about it on his own, he is right. The behaviour of all these governments to force vaccines on people is nothing but dictatorship. Why should everybody be forced to take that vaccine when the vaccine is neither a prevention or a cure for covid? People that are vaccinated still contact it, people that are vaccinated still die from it so what's all this rubbish about making everyone take it by force?

164 Likes 14 Shares

Re: "Will Sacrifice Trophies If Told To Get Jab "- NOVAK DJOKOVIC by Neimar: 9:59am On Feb 15, 2022
Mintum:

can't you read that it was a journalist that asked him the question which he answered? You are talking as if he is the one that went out on his own to start talking about it. Even if he talks about it on his own, he is right. The behaviour of all these governments to force vaccines on people is nothing but dictatorship. Why should everybody be forced to take that vaccine when the vaccine is neither a prevention or a cure for covid? People that are vaccinated still contact it, people that are vaccinated still die from it so what's all this rubbish about making everyone take it by force?

undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: "Will Sacrifice Trophies If Told To Get Jab "- NOVAK DJOKOVIC by WibusJaga: 10:10am On Feb 15, 2022
No one should be forced to take that vaccine against his will. Why should Vaccinated people feel threatened by the Unvaccinated?

110 Likes 12 Shares

Re: "Will Sacrifice Trophies If Told To Get Jab "- NOVAK DJOKOVIC by mirog: 3:35pm On Feb 15, 2022
Very courageous guy

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Will Sacrifice Trophies If Told To Get Jab "- NOVAK DJOKOVIC by wonder233: 3:35pm On Feb 15, 2022
Way to go Novak. Let us all collectively fight back. Just like they tried to make a man go to jail for kicking a cat. Let us show these "woke" folks that their mob tactics no longer work. The Canadian truckers are doing it. You may scoff that they are just unlettered drivers, but the fact still remains you can't bully everyone into submission to put something in their bodies they are not sure of.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Will Sacrifice Trophies If Told To Get Jab "- NOVAK DJOKOVIC by slawormiir: 3:35pm On Feb 15, 2022
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

Took that vaccine last month just to have the feeling

That shit is damnnn crazy

It makes you feel sick
Headache

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Will Sacrifice Trophies If Told To Get Jab "- NOVAK DJOKOVIC by Antoeni(m): 3:36pm On Feb 15, 2022
Are You Rituaist?
Re: "Will Sacrifice Trophies If Told To Get Jab "- NOVAK DJOKOVIC by AmazonTopaz(f): 3:36pm On Feb 15, 2022
Nobody cares.

There are more prodigies coming up.

2 Likes

Re: "Will Sacrifice Trophies If Told To Get Jab "- NOVAK DJOKOVIC by mediainc: 3:36pm On Feb 15, 2022
I support you, why force someone that is well and healthy to take a jab?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Will Sacrifice Trophies If Told To Get Jab "- NOVAK DJOKOVIC by 2021matta(f): 3:37pm On Feb 15, 2022
This man serious o

2 Likes

Re: "Will Sacrifice Trophies If Told To Get Jab "- NOVAK DJOKOVIC by AmazonTopaz(f): 3:37pm On Feb 15, 2022
WibusJaga:
No one should be forced to take that vaccine against his will. Why should the Vaccinated people feel threatened by the Unvaccinated?
As long as there is a public emergency which concerns the general public it is not about you but about everybody and so you don't get to have a choice that will put others at risk

6 Likes

Re: "Will Sacrifice Trophies If Told To Get Jab "- NOVAK DJOKOVIC by cooltola(m): 3:37pm On Feb 15, 2022
Richman talking, he has already made his money so it is easy to sacrifice

1 Like

Re: "Will Sacrifice Trophies If Told To Get Jab "- NOVAK DJOKOVIC by thorpido(m): 3:37pm On Feb 15, 2022
Covid-19 is real but no-one should be forced to take the jab.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Will Sacrifice Trophies If Told To Get Jab "- NOVAK DJOKOVIC by blinking001(m): 3:37pm On Feb 15, 2022
No one should be forced against his will.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Will Sacrifice Trophies If Told To Get Jab "- NOVAK DJOKOVIC by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 3:37pm On Feb 15, 2022
undecided

I’m against Vaccination also.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Will Sacrifice Trophies If Told To Get Jab "- NOVAK DJOKOVIC by abobote: 3:38pm On Feb 15, 2022
Me too, I fear that Jab to bone marrow

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Will Sacrifice Trophies If Told To Get Jab "- NOVAK DJOKOVIC by AmazonTopaz(f): 3:38pm On Feb 15, 2022
mediainc:
I support you, why force someone that is well and healthy to take a jab?

Because we have immunocompromised people among us who may be affected because of our unwillingness to take precautions it is not always about you but about the interest and well being of your next-door neighbour because our rights are all collective

3 Likes

Re: "Will Sacrifice Trophies If Told To Get Jab "- NOVAK DJOKOVIC by Neddstark: 3:39pm On Feb 15, 2022
A real man. Now despite the whole noise about covid-19. Is the world jot getting maskless now? Are we not back to normal?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Will Sacrifice Trophies If Told To Get Jab "- NOVAK DJOKOVIC by merits(m): 3:39pm On Feb 15, 2022
Re: "Will Sacrifice Trophies If Told To Get Jab "- NOVAK DJOKOVIC by ntyce(m): 3:40pm On Feb 15, 2022
He's right sha....

Why forcing vaccines in people...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Will Sacrifice Trophies If Told To Get Jab "- NOVAK DJOKOVIC by Baawaa(m): 3:40pm On Feb 15, 2022
It is not compulsory, simple

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Will Sacrifice Trophies If Told To Get Jab "- NOVAK DJOKOVIC by Guyman02: 3:41pm On Feb 15, 2022
The experimental jab has been proven to be a scam by Pfizer to make so much money, it neither protects nor cure Covid, they keep saying it "reduces" hospitalization. Nonsense

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Will Sacrifice Trophies If Told To Get Jab "- NOVAK DJOKOVIC by AmazonTopaz(f): 3:41pm On Feb 15, 2022
Mintum:

Because it is a public health emergency and rights are always collective.

It isn't about you but the interest and well being of others the government must protect public safety and an ongoing pandemic is tantamount to public safety if enforcing vaccine mandates is a way of ridding ourselves of the pandemic then under emergency powers many democratic governments are well within their rights to enforce.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Asisat Oshoala Nominated For BBC world Footballer Of The Year / Arsenal To Sign Nwakali Chukwueze Nigeria Under 17 Starlets / How To Win Virtual Soccer Bet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.