Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,143 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

I Was Promoted Ahead Of My Superior - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Was Promoted Ahead Of My Superior (32279 Views)

Female Army Officer Ogunleye Ruth Cries Out For Help Over Alleged Superior Maltr / Ike Eweama Promoted To Colonel In US Army (Photos) / Asp Amina, Igp Idris' Mistress Who Was Promoted From Corporal To Asp In 12 Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Promoted Ahead Of My Superior by Asquare84(m): 5:05pm On Feb 15, 2022
hi naira landers,

I worked in one of the financial institution in the country, sometimes last year I was promoted to head the department at zonal level, (good News right).
here is the problem and challenges I have been facing on the job, I have almost six superior that are above me in terms of ranks, but I was made to supervise them. this superior don't send their report to me or seek my opinion on anything.

I know they are not happy with me. my regional manager on sensing that this may be a problem recommended that I should be promoted ahead of all my superior yet our management is not saying anything about the recommendation of my regional manager.

most of this superior lobbied for this position but I was picked because of my ability's to deliver on the job.

experience peeps how do I handle a situation where I am supervising my superior yet they are not reporting to me or can I issue queries to them.

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Was Promoted Ahead Of My Superior by yomi007k(m): 5:13pm On Feb 15, 2022
Congratulations boss.

Thank God that capable people are still being promoted based on competence.

You need not worry and don't think about them. Focus on your job, focus on the moment, focus on delivering the right results, stay away from shady deals or people. Those bad guys can use your weakness against you . Make sure your hands are clean.

All these lobby shit and incompetence ma him dey kill Africa.

Last last evil souls will keep going down.

215 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Was Promoted Ahead Of My Superior by Bluntguy: 5:20pm On Feb 15, 2022
Just focus and keep doing what you were doing before you got promoted. Be bold and act like the boss you are and if they continue in their insubordination query them and copy your superiors. Pray hard and trust the Lord and you will be fine.

102 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Promoted Ahead Of My Superior by saintjimos(m): 5:34pm On Feb 15, 2022
If they misbehave, query them

And have a regular meeting with them to avoid frustration

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Promoted Ahead Of My Superior by xtivin(m): 6:06pm On Feb 15, 2022
Asquare84:
hi naira landers,

I worked in one of the financial institution in the country, sometimes last year I was promoted to head the department at zonal level, (good News right).
here is the problem and challenges I have been facing on the job, I have almost six superior that are above me in terms of ranks, but I was made to supervise them. this superior don't send their report to me or seek my opinion on anything. I know they are not happy with me. my regional manager on sensing that this may be a problem recommended that I should be promoted ahead of all my superior yet our management is not saying anything about the recommendation of my regional manager.

most of this superior lobbied for this position but I was picked because of my ability's to deliver on the job.

experience peeps how do I handle a situation where I am supervising my superior yet they are not reporting to me or can I issue queries to them.
Make all your communication with them official, copy your superiors and behave with wisdom because they are looking for your errors daily. Don't try to be a nice guy to them because it is not worth it. Thank me later

243 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I Was Promoted Ahead Of My Superior by irririchris(m): 6:12pm On Feb 15, 2022
Dear Op, it's "here" not hear.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Was Promoted Ahead Of My Superior by YourBestSelf: 2:20pm On Feb 16, 2022
SMH.

This is nothing new.

You want to be super careful how you tread from now onwards.

You are facing one of two popular problems in the corporate world.

For one, it could be a trap to kick you out of the firm.

In management, it is possible to promote people outside their level of competence just so you can show them the door.

The strategy is: "so everyone knows you're very good technically but a shabby people manager. Then boom you see yourself leading a large team, being accountable for not only your job but for millions of other people..."

By your next appraisal, you could get below average performance and be asked to leave.

For a second, the manager who promoted you could be a skilled people manipulator.

it's possible the manager who is rooting for you can't find a way to sack your superiors who he sees as just filling space.

So he craftily took you up so the underperformers you have been reporting to will get angry and drop their resignation letters.

It's all a management ploy. It may not be related to how well you've performed.

Being good on the job is one thing. Leading a big team is a whole different thing.

Whatever you do, tread carefully....

87 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Was Promoted Ahead Of My Superior by GboyegaD(m): 2:35pm On Feb 16, 2022
Congratulations on your promotion.

With respect to your challenge, give each one a call and in a friendly manner ask why they are not submitting their reports as at when due. Let them know you need to know what the challenges are so that you both can work around fixing it. Should they not improve, give them a well written query stating how you have been trying to support them but they have been recalcitrant.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Promoted Ahead Of My Superior by DropsMic(m): 2:35pm On Feb 16, 2022
Congratulations jare. Make them wereys go drink sniper

4 Likes

Re: I Was Promoted Ahead Of My Superior by Nobody: 2:35pm On Feb 16, 2022
cheesy
Re: I Was Promoted Ahead Of My Superior by vincentjk(m): 2:35pm On Feb 16, 2022
Do your job but just stay on a low.

And also be careful, I mean very careful because jealousy and envy could lead to anything.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Was Promoted Ahead Of My Superior by Coldie(m): 2:35pm On Feb 16, 2022
Do what pere did to the bbnaija housemates when he was the head of house, call them all for a meeting and tell them that u respect them all and u respect what they have done for this organisation that you being here wasn’t by your doing that you just have to perform your duty with utmost diligence to achieve the best of results.

Therefore going forward u will not accept any form of insurbodination or incompetence from anybody as the bosses at the top expects u to perform in this role you are doing your best for them so u the expect every member of your team to do same.

83 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Was Promoted Ahead Of My Superior by money121(m): 2:36pm On Feb 16, 2022
Ok

1 Like

Re: I Was Promoted Ahead Of My Superior by McOluOmo: 2:36pm On Feb 16, 2022
Congratulations
U are now their boss, give query to any unfortunate maga.

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind

2 Likes

Re: I Was Promoted Ahead Of My Superior by dalass(f): 2:36pm On Feb 16, 2022
grin

Just watch your back grin

1 Like

Re: I Was Promoted Ahead Of My Superior by tito44: 2:36pm On Feb 16, 2022
Be ready, they will try to jazz you

8 Likes

Re: I Was Promoted Ahead Of My Superior by 2021matta(f): 2:36pm On Feb 16, 2022
Good
Re: I Was Promoted Ahead Of My Superior by posty56: 2:36pm On Feb 16, 2022
Asquare84:
hi naira landers,

here is the problem and challenges I have been facing on the job, I have almost six superior that are above me in terms of ranks, but I was made to supervise them. this superior don't send their report to me or seek my opinion on anything.

I know they are not happy with me. my regional manager on sensing that this may be a problem recommended that I should be promoted ahead of all my superior yet our management is not saying anything about the recommendation of my regional manager.

hmm, Nigerians they hate to see somebody succeed

1 Like

Re: I Was Promoted Ahead Of My Superior by SmartPolician: 2:37pm On Feb 16, 2022
The person who asked you to supervise your superiors no get sense. Where on Earth does that happen?

You should write to your supervisor or the CEO, explaining the challenge you face. If it's not a major problem, please ignore it and focus on other things that matter.

7 Likes

Re: I Was Promoted Ahead Of My Superior by Kingluqman(m): 2:37pm On Feb 16, 2022
grin
Re: I Was Promoted Ahead Of My Superior by leibish: 2:37pm On Feb 16, 2022
cheesy
Re: I Was Promoted Ahead Of My Superior by Latidoh1: 2:37pm On Feb 16, 2022
You should be demoted because you can't spell superior. What is supperior?

4 Likes

Re: I Was Promoted Ahead Of My Superior by BennyDGreat: 2:38pm On Feb 16, 2022
Get prepared for rough times ahead.
Seek counsel and pray
Re: I Was Promoted Ahead Of My Superior by Righteousness2(m): 2:38pm On Feb 16, 2022
Carefully listen to this testimony. You guys have similar experiences.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu52fJVXFDU
Asquare84:
hi naira landers,

Re: I Was Promoted Ahead Of My Superior by shadrach77: 2:39pm On Feb 16, 2022
Asquare84:
hi naira landers,

It's called GRACE. It's God's doing. Just enjoy your new position and deal with your previous superiors the way you'll deal with anybody. Remember two things
1. God put you in that position and only Him can remove you from it
2. Your so called superiors are no longer your superior. You are now their superior

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Promoted Ahead Of My Superior by UmmAmir: 2:39pm On Feb 16, 2022
Congratulations
Re: I Was Promoted Ahead Of My Superior by Shalommy(f): 2:40pm On Feb 16, 2022
Congrats.. Op, drop us 1bottle of star beer before we advice you. undecided
Re: I Was Promoted Ahead Of My Superior by Coldie(m): 2:40pm On Feb 16, 2022
SmartPolician:
The person who asked you to supervise your superiors no get sense. Where on Earth does that happen?

You should write to your supervisor or then CEO, explaining the challenge you face. If it's not a major problem, please ignore it and focus on other things that matter.
U are not a smartpolitician as written on your handle cause u know nothing about politics

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Journalist Vivian Ottih Suspended Indefinitely For Requesting Salary On Facebook / Check These Beautiful Photos Of A Nigerian Female Fire Fighter / If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.