Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,486 members, 7,836,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Flutterwave Triples Valuation To Over $3 Billion In A Year, Raises $250 Million - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Flutterwave Triples Valuation To Over $3 Billion In A Year, Raises $250 Million (14426 Views)

Tinubu Receives Petition Against Dangote Over $3.4 Billion Siphoned Through CBN / Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion / Oriental Hotel Up For Sale For $250 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flutterwave Triples Valuation To Over $3 Billion In A Year, Raises $250 Million by Nobody: 12:57pm On Feb 16, 2022
JosephXavier:
Lol, someone said that Nigerian youths are lazy

But Flutterwave was founded by two Nigerian youths

A lot of Nigerians youths are doing great things in Information technology

Look at how India has dominated IT, Nigerians are even more brilliant than them

We just need a little encouragement and support/supporting system but the government filled with old generation are fighting hard to stop us

God pass them!
Re: Flutterwave Triples Valuation To Over $3 Billion In A Year, Raises $250 Million by braveheart77: 1:01pm On Feb 16, 2022
SmartPolician:
Even though I don't understand what an African unicorn is still raising funds for when they can grow organically, I still have to hail them. Growth should be planned so it can be managed effectively. Congratulations, Flutterwave!

Other tech experts should try other areas because fintech is already saturated. Someone should try agriculture - use tech to check the increasing cost of agric produce.

How about Lagos traffic? Can we build a tech-powered system that can improve the situation?

There are many problems we can solve with tech. It's either our people are not creative enough or we aren't just thinking.

Tech can only help with intelligence and efficiency (which is what google map is doing).

The cause of the traffic is mainly bad road/road networks. That needs to be build by government.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Flutterwave Triples Valuation To Over $3 Billion In A Year, Raises $250 Million by richard870(m): 1:05pm On Feb 16, 2022
Great!
Re: Flutterwave Triples Valuation To Over $3 Billion In A Year, Raises $250 Million by Buliwyf: 1:07pm On Feb 16, 2022
MyVILLAGEpeople:

Must you guys turn everything into a tribal war ?

People who don't have any achievements of their own need to hide behind every single achievement from someone from their tribe to feel like their life has meaning. Don't blame people like that. This is one of the few times they aren't depressed.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Flutterwave Triples Valuation To Over $3 Billion In A Year, Raises $250 Million by chatinent: 1:07pm On Feb 16, 2022
Nice one, egbon.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flutterwave Triples Valuation To Over $3 Billion In A Year, Raises $250 Million by angelfallz(m): 1:08pm On Feb 16, 2022
Nigerians are really doing well despite all the roadblocks.

I've never made use of flutterwave. Is it something that only companies can use?

PS: I have barter by flutterwave, but I have never used it. I don't see the need to.
Re: Flutterwave Triples Valuation To Over $3 Billion In A Year, Raises $250 Million by Golan007: 1:10pm On Feb 16, 2022
Obi come and see something.
Re: Flutterwave Triples Valuation To Over $3 Billion In A Year, Raises $250 Million by Orinoco: 1:10pm On Feb 16, 2022
IBO amaka
Re: Flutterwave Triples Valuation To Over $3 Billion In A Year, Raises $250 Million by vpaymoney(m): 1:17pm On Feb 16, 2022
Flutter is more focused with great foresight than paystack that keep making notice on a spot.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Flutterwave Triples Valuation To Over $3 Billion In A Year, Raises $250 Million by vpaymoney(m): 1:21pm On Feb 16, 2022
Orinoco:
IBO amaka
since when
CEO Olugbenga “GB” Agboola, becomes an Igbo man? You people just too noisy. That's why you are packed one side. Noise makers amaka for one side shocked

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Flutterwave Triples Valuation To Over $3 Billion In A Year, Raises $250 Million by TheSupleemLeada(m): 1:26pm On Feb 16, 2022
Buliwyf:

People who don't have any achievements of their own need to hide behind every single achievement from someone from their tribe to feel like their life has meaning. Don't blame people like that. This is one of the few times they aren't depressed.

This is a really stupid analysis.....
Those who celebrate and brag anytime the Nigerian team wins a March must be suffering from depression......your only issue is that he replaced the Nigeria with Oduduwa. You guys would call him a Nigerian if he's doing well but call him Afonja if he's done bad.... hypocritical depressed mofos who hide under the one nigeria umbrella to cover the inadequacies of their tribe.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flutterwave Triples Valuation To Over $3 Billion In A Year, Raises $250 Million by Ussycool: 1:31pm On Feb 16, 2022
Just a job, I will forever appreciate...
Even houseboy will do

Plsssss
Re: Flutterwave Triples Valuation To Over $3 Billion In A Year, Raises $250 Million by Brian47(m): 1:35pm On Feb 16, 2022
porthouse7:
they will avoid this thread
Who
Re: Flutterwave Triples Valuation To Over $3 Billion In A Year, Raises $250 Million by Brian47(m): 1:37pm On Feb 16, 2022
Congrats to this company
Re: Flutterwave Triples Valuation To Over $3 Billion In A Year, Raises $250 Million by gistmega: 1:38pm On Feb 16, 2022
what has that someone been able to invent for being hard working?
JosephXavier:

We just need a little encouragement and support/supporting system but the government filled with old generation are fighting hard to stop us

Re: Flutterwave Triples Valuation To Over $3 Billion In A Year, Raises $250 Million by Orinoco: 1:38pm On Feb 16, 2022
vpaymoney:
since when
CEO Olugbenga “GB” Agboola, becomes an Igbo man? You people just too noisy. That's why you are packed one side. Noise makers amaka for one side shocked
I am taunting our noisy, chest beaters

2 Likes

Re: Flutterwave Triples Valuation To Over $3 Billion In A Year, Raises $250 Million by Buliwyf: 1:42pm On Feb 16, 2022
TheSupleemLeada:

This is a really stupid analysis.....
Those who celebrate and brag anytime the Nigerian team wins a March must be suffering from depression......your only issue is that he replaced the Nigeria with Oduduwa. You guys would call him a Nigerian if he's doing well but call him Afonja if he's done bad.... hypocritical depressed mofos who hide under the one nigeria umbrella to cover the inadequacies of their tribe.

Which guys are you talking about? You don't even know where I am from but you have started screaming about Afonja. Like I said, people who have no achievements of their own need to hide behind the achievement of their tribe. You are obviously not intelligent enough to understand what I wrote. Nobody is saying you should not celebrate someone from your tribe or country. But if you choose that as a way to launch an attack on other tribes or country needlessly, you are hopeless and have no achievements of yours. Now go and cry elsewhere.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flutterwave Triples Valuation To Over $3 Billion In A Year, Raises $250 Million by LogicBomb8: 1:43pm On Feb 16, 2022
AS GOD DO AM FOR FLUTTERWAVE NA SO HIM GO DO AM FOR ME
Re: Flutterwave Triples Valuation To Over $3 Billion In A Year, Raises $250 Million by HandsomeBlack: 1:47pm On Feb 16, 2022
All his mates that have wasted dozens of lives for money rituals cannot boast of $0.5billion valued company.

2 Likes

Re: Flutterwave Triples Valuation To Over $3 Billion In A Year, Raises $250 Million by BigBashiru: 1:49pm On Feb 16, 2022
NOwazobia:
Cool.

Investors expecting their annual ROI like..

Exactly....all this money isn't free....how much roi should investors expect

1 Like

Re: Flutterwave Triples Valuation To Over $3 Billion In A Year, Raises $250 Million by TheSupleemLeada(m): 1:51pm On Feb 16, 2022
Buliwyf:

Which guys are you talking about? You don't even know where I am from but you have started screaming about Afonja. Like I said, people who have no achievements of their own need to hide behind the achievement of their tribe. You are obviously not intelligent enough to understand what I wrote. Nobody is saying you should not celebrate someone from your tribe or country. But if you choose that as a way to launch an attack on other tribes or country needlessly, you are hopeless and have no achievements of yours. Now go and cry elsewhere.

Nations compete amongst each other and used their achievements as bragging rights, war propaganda and to intimidate the other nations, it was done alot in the cold war between the USSR and US, even on a lighter note you have the jollof wars with nigeria and Ghana, and so it can be done with tribes......the issue with you is that you think that you're intelligent but actually really dumb and lack logical reasoning.

2 Likes

Re: Flutterwave Triples Valuation To Over $3 Billion In A Year, Raises $250 Million by Buliwyf: 1:56pm On Feb 16, 2022
TheSupleemLeada:

Nations compete amongst each other and used their achievements as bragging rights, war propaganda and to intimidate the other nations, it was done alot in the cold war between the USSR and US, even on a lighter note you have the jollof wars with nigeria and Ghana, and so it can be done with tribes......the issue with you is that you think that you're intelligent but actually really dumb and lack logical reasoning.

**Yawn**
Re: Flutterwave Triples Valuation To Over $3 Billion In A Year, Raises $250 Million by Nobody: 1:58pm On Feb 16, 2022
They try I like them and Paystack but what gives them the advantage is once you complain you get it back they show a willingness to help.

Paystack has to make sure some apps aren’t using their platform to siphon data for malicious use always use a virtual card e get why

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Flutterwave Triples Valuation To Over $3 Billion In A Year, Raises $250 Million by YellowMayor(m): 2:03pm On Feb 16, 2022
Re: Flutterwave Triples Valuation To Over $3 Billion In A Year, Raises $250 Million by Phoenixflap: 2:05pm On Feb 16, 2022
SmartPolician:
Even though I don't understand what an African unicorn is still raising funds for when they can grow organically, I still have to hail them. Growth should be planned so it can be managed effectively. Congratulations, Flutterwave!

Other tech experts should try other areas because fintech is already saturated. Someone should try agriculture - use tech to check the increasing price of agric produce.

How about Lagos traffic? Can we build a tech-powered system that can improve the situation?

There are many problems we can solve with tech. It's either our people are not creative enough or we aren't just thinking.

There’s little hope for startups in Nigeria, and despite the successes of the crowdfunding platform, majority of startup fail to get funding.

Yearly, millions of people globally rue their experiences with Ponzi schemes and investment scams.

2 unrelated problem with a seamless solution!!!

I have the idea, but no support!

Smart Politicians can positively engage the teeming number of unemployed but smart Nigerians through OSCONNECT (a place where the requirement for success is a feasible business idea).
Re: Flutterwave Triples Valuation To Over $3 Billion In A Year, Raises $250 Million by achinu(m): 2:09pm On Feb 16, 2022
Nigeria doesn't lack talent, it only lacks visionary leadership!
There are many so many more talents like GB lurking in Nigeria, and Africa at large, but lacking the adequate infrastructure to thrive!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flutterwave Triples Valuation To Over $3 Billion In A Year, Raises $250 Million by SmartPolician: 2:25pm On Feb 16, 2022
JosephXavier:

Indians are the dumbest foreigners I have come across. However, there are many exceptions.
Re: Flutterwave Triples Valuation To Over $3 Billion In A Year, Raises $250 Million by Bluntemperor: 2:27pm On Feb 16, 2022
Karlirk:
With the right regulatory environment, Nigeria has no reason having many of its young people unemployed. So many of those startups will spring up.
The environment is so unfriendly that not a penny of this fund would be sitting in a Nigerian bank account, at least for now. Offshore banks are enabling other countries to grow their GDP and put more money in the hands of the citizens of those countries.
Those who work in the international financial system can tell you how rotten Nigeria is.

As for Flutterwave, it is time to get to work after Series D. Time to stop chasing valuation, but I forsee other fintechs Chipper Cash, etc. toppling their new achievement soon.

Something is still missing from our eagles's eyes!
Who owns this company?
Who are the Promoters- from onset?
Until all those behinds are resolved by Publicly stating their operations, everything is still illusary!

1 Like

Re: Flutterwave Triples Valuation To Over $3 Billion In A Year, Raises $250 Million by jaxxy(m): 2:40pm On Feb 16, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Flutterwave Triples Valuation To Over $3 Billion In A Year, Raises $250 Million by Mc3kwata(m): 2:51pm On Feb 16, 2022
Any body with any laptop he or wants to gift out,please help a brother no matter how bad it is.started learning data management some months ago but a personal laptop is really a great challenge to me right now....Please help a brother...Thanks

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Flutterwave Triples Valuation To Over $3 Billion In A Year, Raises $250 Million by yemi1504: 3:05pm On Feb 16, 2022
Mynd44:

https://techcrunch.com/2022/02/16/african-fintech-flutterwave-triples-valuation-to-over-3b-after-250m-series-d/

https://flutterwave.com/us/blog/its-still-day-1-in-africa

Happy for them! Their payment solutions work just like Paystack! Don't get me started on the archaic Quickteller rubbish sha.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Bill Do You Dislike Paying Most? / What Is The Best Way To Withdraw From Paypal In Nigeria? / All You Need To Know About Economy Designer 3.0 ED Plan By AIM Global Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.