Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,273 members, 7,818,930 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

Task Force Denies Involvement In Lagos Bus Driver’s Death - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Task Force Denies Involvement In Lagos Bus Driver’s Death (10420 Views)

Nigerian Army Denies Involvement In Shooting Of EndSARS Protesters / EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Egypt, Nigerian Government Denies Involvement / Air Force Denies Report Of Helicopters "Dropping Weapons For Herdsmen In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Task Force Denies Involvement In Lagos Bus Driver’s Death by Maxymilliano(m): 6:30am On Feb 17, 2022
The Lagos State Environmental and Special Offences Enforcement Unit (Taskforce) has distanced itself from the setting ablaze of a commercial bus driver whose vehicle was allegedly impounded.

A statement signed by the agency’s spokesperson, Abdulraheem Gbadeyan, stated that “the Taskforce officials had no hand in the enforcement for compliance that led to a commercial-bus driver setting himself ablaze to resist his vehicle from being impounded by yet-to-identified security agents.”

The Chairman of the Agency, CSP Shola Jejeloye, in his reaction to a report on the incident said that at the time of the incident, his men were still at the base.

“The accusations are utterly inaccurate and misleading as investigations and the eyewitness accounts of persons who were present at the scene of the incident had categorically revealed that the driver, one Mr Ayo, aka ‘Eru’, poured petrol on himself to scare the security operatives from enforcing the traffic law which he violated.

After the operatives had left, luck ran out on him and some of the hoodlums present mistook him for one of the security operatives and set him ablaze,” he said.

The chairman stated that the act of setting self ablaze, robbing self with faeces, chasing law enforcement officers with urine and other crazy acts are now the new waves of resisting arrest by recalcitrant motorists who had developed the habit and passion for violating the State Traffic and Enviromental laws.

He, however, said that if they were bold enough to be serial law breakers, they should be courageous enough to face the consequences of their illegal actions rather than constituting nuisance on Lagos roads.

Jejeloye also stated that one Festus Ugbesia from Mafoluku in Oshodi area who claimed to be the owner of the bus drove the victim from the scene of the incident down to the agency’s headquarters.

Jejeloye also alleged that Ugbesia incited the members of the public against the agency, that the officials of the Taskforce had been fingered for setting the victim ablaze.

He said, “It later dawned on him that the personnel of the Taskforce had no hand in it when he discovered that our men and officials were still on the parade ground preparing for the task of the day while the transport department of the agency was still sourcing petrol for their operational vehicles at the agency’s headquarters.”

Jejeloye stated that the officials of the Taskforce assisted the victim to quickly get medical attention at the Lagos State Teaching Hospital as part of the agency’s patriotic act and corporate social responsibility.

“Let me emphasise here that for us as an agency of government, we believe that it is better for us to allow an offender to go unharmed than to cause an injury.

“The officials of the agency are being led by Senior Police Officers who are well trained and exposed. We are civilised, educated and professional to have allowed such an incident to happen during any of the enforcement operations,” he stated.

The chairman admonished all recalcitrant offenders and advised them to know that traffic offence is not a criminal offence.

He advised offenders to always keep faith with the country’s judicial system and summon courage to submit self for prosecution at the Court for any offence committed.

(NAN)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/task-force-denies-involvement-in-lagos-bus-drivers-death/%3famp

Re: Task Force Denies Involvement In Lagos Bus Driver’s Death by Fahdiga(m): 6:32am On Feb 17, 2022
Shatap. You are simply following APC manifesto which focuse on killing, maiming and making life unbearable for Nigerians

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Task Force Denies Involvement In Lagos Bus Driver’s Death by izzy4shizzy(m): 6:36am On Feb 17, 2022
You were not there but some how you were able to take him to the hospital with the cars which had no fuel

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Task Force Denies Involvement In Lagos Bus Driver’s Death by Popemax(m): 6:36am On Feb 17, 2022
I don't like how these guys operate in lagos

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Task Force Denies Involvement In Lagos Bus Driver’s Death by slawormiir: 6:36am On Feb 17, 2022
Damnnn niggar
Isoright
Re: Task Force Denies Involvement In Lagos Bus Driver’s Death by Maxymilliano(m): 6:37am On Feb 17, 2022

Hmmn “After the operatives had left, luck ran out on him and some of the hoodlums present mistook him for one of the security operatives and set him ablaze,” he said.

Going by the Taskforce Chairman contradicting statements, the officer were at the base as at the time of the incident, so who were the operatives that left the scene after the driver had soaked himself in fuel and how did the Chairman knew the driver was mistook for ba security operative hoodlums ?

27 Likes

Re: Task Force Denies Involvement In Lagos Bus Driver’s Death by affable4(m): 6:37am On Feb 17, 2022
Lies. How come you were in the picture? How did you come about assisting victim to the hospital?

1 Like

Re: Task Force Denies Involvement In Lagos Bus Driver’s Death by tosteMedia: 6:37am On Feb 17, 2022
Believe this facade at your own peril..

No matter the amount of tears you shed, no matter the amount of harm you threaten to bring upon yourself, once they seize your car and it enters their base, you must cough out 100k followed with a lot of abeg.

Sanwoolu must uncover the rot going on in that place. I am also ready to testify against them.

The day they seized my car, they took it from Lekki to Ikeja and asked me to fork out
100k or it will be impounded the next day. They don't collect transfer, they don't collect money in the open and the guys who writes the register must be paid 1k before he gives you your key after paying the 100k. Sanwoolu must go undercover and see for himself. Taskforce is the most corrupt entity in the world. I was a first time offender on their register. I called my agent immediately, sold my car for a loss of 600k and paid their 100k.. my car left their compound with a new owner at a big loss for me when begging and wailing couldn't work.

Traffic offenses anywhere should not be more than 10,000.

On that fateful day, there were about 100 motorists outside who couldn't fork out 100k and who also had no boldness to sell their car at a loss nor do they have anyone to loan funds from..

Glory to God, I have another car now. Anyday I miss a road sign and enter one way mistakenly, and task force catches me, with the first experience I heard, my level of civil disobedience will grace the frontpage. I am still angry I sold my baby.

A super sharp Toyota Camry 2011, red ice colour.

As at that particular period, I was doing a building project.. so , I couldn't afford 100k that period and I don't borrow.

22 Likes

Re: Task Force Denies Involvement In Lagos Bus Driver’s Death by cRobo: 6:37am On Feb 17, 2022
Lies and more lies

1 Like

Re: Task Force Denies Involvement In Lagos Bus Driver’s Death by Firefyta: 6:39am On Feb 17, 2022
Q
Re: Task Force Denies Involvement In Lagos Bus Driver’s Death by timefarm(m): 6:39am On Feb 17, 2022
These guys can lie.

'Hoodlums mistook him for Task force', see a very foolish lie. How does he resemble task force officer that has to be burned by hoodlums?

2 Likes

Re: Task Force Denies Involvement In Lagos Bus Driver’s Death by Karemarealty288(m): 6:40am On Feb 17, 2022
Denial as usual...the guy died for nothing.

1 Like

Re: Task Force Denies Involvement In Lagos Bus Driver’s Death by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:40am On Feb 17, 2022
Anyone and everyone involved in this brutal death will never know peace all the rest of their miserable lives.

No be curse,
Na FACT.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Task Force Denies Involvement In Lagos Bus Driver’s Death by ILoveDemMANNA: 6:41am On Feb 17, 2022
Fahdiga:
Shatap. You are simply following APC manifesto which priotise killing, maiming and making life unbearable for Nigerians
.....says a soul that never condemned the killings of over 120 Anambra youths by James Nwafor, after feeding their corpses to the fish in the river.
He turned a blind eye cos they share the same political party.
Karma knows your family compound address.

The good people should keep doing good, and for the bad people, the bad they support will surely find them.

All hypocrites in this nation will never know peace.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Task Force Denies Involvement In Lagos Bus Driver’s Death by kenbee(f): 6:43am On Feb 17, 2022
The Taskforce Recklessness and high handedness in handling offenders and insensitive lies isn't it at all.
If you must lie, lie smartly

1 Like

Re: Task Force Denies Involvement In Lagos Bus Driver’s Death by adiokem(m): 6:44am On Feb 17, 2022
What will you say, Are you going to say your Team is involved in the incidence. Even an Armed robber will claim that it is his first time
Re: Task Force Denies Involvement In Lagos Bus Driver’s Death by snoopz: 6:45am On Feb 17, 2022
Lol how will touts mistake a fully grown man they all know as a driver to be an operative?
Abeg go ask Lai muhamed how he dey lie

2 Likes

Re: Task Force Denies Involvement In Lagos Bus Driver’s Death by Fahdiga(m): 6:45am On Feb 17, 2022
ILoveDemMANNA:
.....says a soul that never condemned the killings of over 120 Anambra youths by James Nwafor, after feeding their corpses to the fish in the river.
He turned a blind eye cos they share the same political party.

All hypocrites in this nation will never know peace.
Says a supporter of this brutal and failed regime. No peace for the wicked

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Task Force Denies Involvement In Lagos Bus Driver’s Death by Ogaga87(m): 6:46am On Feb 17, 2022
Re: Task Force Denies Involvement In Lagos Bus Driver’s Death by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:48am On Feb 17, 2022
They said Traffic offence is not a criminal offence. Agreed.
What about aunctioning the vehicles of traffic offenders

1 Like

Re: Task Force Denies Involvement In Lagos Bus Driver’s Death by Richy4(m): 6:49am On Feb 17, 2022

In as much as the taskforce were lying to exonerate themselves...

But is the driver mentally balanced?... What could make an individual do such a thing to himself?
Re: Task Force Denies Involvement In Lagos Bus Driver’s Death by Fcwilly: 6:49am On Feb 17, 2022
Another statement will soon be released by this mumu, just be watching out
Re: Task Force Denies Involvement In Lagos Bus Driver’s Death by ndo1: 6:52am On Feb 17, 2022
Afonja and lies

1 Like

Re: Task Force Denies Involvement In Lagos Bus Driver’s Death by Oduduwa707: 6:52am On Feb 17, 2022
sad
Re: Task Force Denies Involvement In Lagos Bus Driver’s Death by Busineessguru4: 6:54am On Feb 17, 2022
Hhhmm. This is Nigeria
Do you have a business and you want to learn how to structure your business to be stable and function like how big organizations and corporations do. I have an ebook that will help you structure your business to run effectively without your supervision or having to always monitor your workers before work can be done and help you maximize profit. For just 3k you can get the material for now before it goes back to 5k and I will also add you to a Whatsapp business group for free where you will learn more and connect. Contact me with the number below in my profile
Re: Task Force Denies Involvement In Lagos Bus Driver’s Death by youngsahito(m): 6:57am On Feb 17, 2022
Corrupt task force
Re: Task Force Denies Involvement In Lagos Bus Driver’s Death by Dhury: 7:01am On Feb 17, 2022
Fahdiga:
Shatap. You are simply following APC manifesto which focuse on killing, maiming and making life unbearable for Nigerians
what do you expect? Did kanu accept his 15 count charges
Re: Task Force Denies Involvement In Lagos Bus Driver’s Death by Omniman(m): 7:11am On Feb 17, 2022
angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oyetola Fails To Serve Summons On REC, Tribunal Adjourns / Just In: Yoruba Thugs Are Killing, Shooting Igbos And Destroying Igbo Properties / Boko Haram: Suicide Bombers Were Paid N10m Each

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.