Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,403 members, 7,850,442 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:22 PM

Power Abuse: Reps Demand Body Cameras For Security Agents - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Abuse: Reps Demand Body Cameras For Security Agents (9265 Views)

Magodo: Lagos Reps Demand Probe Of Malami Over Involvement In Planned Demolition / FRSC Unveils Body Cameras For Patrol Operations / Atiku Relying On Body Cameras From His Agents To Beat Buhari In Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Abuse: Reps Demand Body Cameras For Security Agents by eddie7: 9:45am On Feb 18, 2022
Funny set of useless people
Re: Power Abuse: Reps Demand Body Cameras For Security Agents by Martins8102(m): 9:47am On Feb 18, 2022
We need live coverage in NASS as well
Re: Power Abuse: Reps Demand Body Cameras For Security Agents by Idiko1: 9:53am On Feb 18, 2022
The foolish crowd called Nigerians will always want to imitate what other people do. "What Monkeys see; Monkeys do". Nigerian society needs reorientation while the law enforcement agencies need adequate training not camaras. Nigeria has not grown to the level of play with certain technological gadgets.
Re: Power Abuse: Reps Demand Body Cameras For Security Agents by Burgerlomo: 10:29am On Feb 18, 2022
Jesusdiedhaha:

Very dry meme

What about this one

Re: Power Abuse: Reps Demand Body Cameras For Security Agents by Nobody: 10:33am On Feb 18, 2022
Burgerlomo:

What about this one

Re: Power Abuse: Reps Demand Body Cameras For Security Agents by tayo360(m): 10:36am On Feb 18, 2022
immortalcrown:
Which angel will check transmissions from the cameras? Which sustainable internet will transmit coverage from the camera? Who will even monitor the officers to ensure they wear the camera? Una just wan open another embezzlement format. Lekki Tollgate cameras were removed, body cameras are small enough to be easily removed. Who will honestly and diligently manage the footage? One governor will just order the person to delete the dirty footage of the governor's boy.

A whole airport authority and its almighty computers could not stop Kyari. Mental rehabilitation is the key thing. The government should invest in humanities. If you like, bring Angel Michael to work in naija, corruption cannot stop. The mind is the greatest weapon(tool). Even CBN transactions are doctored. Which camera or equipment is missing in CBN?

Best comment ��
Re: Power Abuse: Reps Demand Body Cameras For Security Agents by Remman(m): 10:59am On Feb 18, 2022
Very possible... I support!
Re: Power Abuse: Reps Demand Body Cameras For Security Agents by wilyparker(m): 11:09am On Feb 18, 2022
Gval123:
We never see Light take charge our phones, them say na body camera, lolz. So una mean say black man nor get mind of his own, anything way America do, we day like to do. Which Network una wan Use? Wait oh, country way e be say if u nor get credit for ur phone, u nor fit call police. Even police can't call for extra back up with e own phone, because e nor get credit. Lolz. Country way u go report incident for police station, police go say them nor get fuel for motor. Most times, before police go even follow u go crime scene, them go say make u mobilize them with money. Lolz. Abeg, i nor wan hear this matter again , abeg.
My brother the one whe police go ask you for money before them go go crime scene na pain me pass... very useless country
Re: Power Abuse: Reps Demand Body Cameras For Security Agents by KingOfAmebo(m): 12:46pm On Feb 18, 2022
immortalcrown:
Which angel will check transmissions from the cameras? Which sustainable internet will transmit coverage from the camera? Who will even monitor the officers to ensure they wear the camera? Una just wan open another embezzlement format. Lekki Tollgate cameras were removed, body cameras are small enough to be easily removed. Who will honestly and diligently manage the footage? One governor will just order the person to delete the dirty footage of the governor's boy.

A whole airport authority and its almighty computers could not stop Kyari. Mental rehabilitation is the key thing. The government should invest in humanities. If you like, bring Angel Michael to work in naija, corruption cannot stop. The mind is the greatest weapon(tool). Even CBN transactions are doctored. Which camera or equipment is missing in CBN?

"Same Nigerians crying for body camera are the same Nigerians condemning it now that it is proposed...

Some Nigerians are cursed and a real definition of enemy of progress that's why the country isn't moving forward...

They complain about something and when a solution comes they still complain about the solution, shey dem use complain swear for una ni?". - Village People Spokesperson
Re: Power Abuse: Reps Demand Body Cameras For Security Agents by immortalcrown(m): 1:06pm On Feb 18, 2022
KingOfAmebo:

"Same Nigerians crying for body camera are the same Nigerians condemning it now that it is proposed...
Some Nigerians are cursed and a real definition of enemy of progress that's why the country isn't moving forward...
They complain about something and when a solution comes they still complain about the solution, shey dem use complain swear for una ni?". - Village People Spokesperson
The real enemies of progress, like you, always play wise and honest. Maybe stupidity is the cause. Nigeria has never utilized anything. Nigeria is only good in buying things or adopting methods at extravagant costs. How well has the police used guns and patrol vehicles? This is similar to the debate about the deployment of 5G network in Nigeria. Countries with sincere leaders used 3G networks to perfect surveillance. But with 4G, Nigeria is still battling with NIN authentications in banks. With 4G, JAMB candidates get frustrated by poor network coverage. Even CBN that has every ultra modern communication device does not give honest and reliable accounts of transactions within the country. But someone like you will foolishly say that 5G will improve CBN transparency. Body cameras cannot reduce corruption in NPF, the same way SIM registration has not reduced kidnapping and fraud. What Nigeria already has is enough to transform Nigeria for good if the leaders are honest and fair. Body camera is good for a country that will honestly use it, not Nigeria that turns everything to political weapons. This body camera proposal is similar to the borrowings that increase standard of living instead of making things cheaper.

1 Like

Re: Power Abuse: Reps Demand Body Cameras For Security Agents by KingOfAmebo(m): 1:24pm On Feb 18, 2022
immortalcrown:

The real enemies of progress, like you, always play wise and honest. Maybe stupidity is the cause. Nigeria has never utilized anything. Nigeria is only good in buying things or adopting methods at extravagant costs. How well has the police used guns and patrol vehicles? This is similar to the debate about the deployment of 5G network in Nigeria. Countries with sincere leaders used 3G networks to perfect surveillance. But with 4G, Nigeria is still battling with NIN authentications in banks. With 4G, JAMB candidates get frustrated by poor network coverage. Even CBN that has every ultra modern communication device does not give honest and reliable accounts of transactions within the country. But someone like you will foolishly say that 5G will improve CBN transparency. Body cameras cannot reduce corruption in NPF, the same way SIM registration has not reduced kidnapping and fraud. What Nigeria already has is enough to transform Nigeria for good if the leaders are honest and fair. Body camera is good for a country that will honestly use it, not Nigeria that turns everything to political weapons. This body camera proposal is similar to the borrowings that increase standard of living instead of making things cheaper.

"Same complains and more complaining as predicted, What are you doing in your own little way to the benefit of your family? your street and your nation apart from complaining about the leaders as if the leaders are foreigner...

Every leader you see in leadership position come from a family who are Nigerians just like you and I, So, the leaders are not the problem but the people...

If you as a citizen can't contribute the little you have now for the development of your country then you won't offer anything with all resources if given the opportunity to lead... That's the simple fact, its not enough for you to sit in your face me I slap you flat and be arguing with your keyboard...you also have a role to play, Buhari will not come down from Aso Rock to help you clean your dirty room or help you flush your toilet". Village People Spokesperson.
Re: Power Abuse: Reps Demand Body Cameras For Security Agents by immortalcrown(m): 1:42pm On Feb 18, 2022
KingOfAmebo:
What are you doing in your own little way to the benefit of your family? your street and your nation apart from complaining about the leaders as if the leaders are foreigner...
Misguided people like you are notorious for starting one topic and jumping to another irrelevant topic when they fail to sustain themselves in the first topic. And you do it by saying what you cannot prove. You do not know me personally. You do not know how useful I am to my family and my street. So, focus on what you know. Focus on the well-known government of the country. And regarding the government, I do what I can. At least, I give a rational suggestion. Buying body cameras will cost money but the camera cannot use itself. The people you want to give the camera have never properly used what is already given to them. Let those people use what they already have well to show that they will use body cameras well. Proposing body cameras for those people is like proposing a JAMB exam for a child that has been failing junior WAEC? But your sentiment will never let your brain function.
Re: Power Abuse: Reps Demand Body Cameras For Security Agents by KingOfAmebo(m): 1:50pm On Feb 18, 2022
immortalcrown:

Misguided people like you are notorious for starting one topic and jumping to another irrelevant topic when they fail to sustain themselves in the first topic. And you do it by saying what you cannot prove. You do not know me personally. You do not know how useful I am to my family and my street. So, focus on what you know. Focus on the well-known government of the country. And regarding the government, I do what I can. At least, I give a rational suggestion. Buying body cameras will cost money but the camera cannot use itself. The people you want to give the camera have never properly used what is already given to them. Let those people use what they already have well to show that they will use body cameras well. Proposing body cameras for those people is like proposing a JAMB exam for a child that has been failing junior WAEC? But your sentiment will never let your brain function.

"Let's start by you knowing the benefits of body cameras and how it works...use Google this time before reply me or you will end up wondering why you have an empty skull...backward thinking educated illiterate". - Village People Spokesperson
Re: Power Abuse: Reps Demand Body Cameras For Security Agents by immortalcrown(m): 2:11pm On Feb 18, 2022
KingOfAmebo:

"Let's start by you knowing the benefits of body cameras and how it works...use Google this time before reply me or you will end up wondering why you have an empty skull...backward thinking educated illiterate". - Village People Spokesperson
This argument has not gotten to a point where I will need to consult Google. Let us start by analyzing the utilization of what Nigeria security department already has. The security department has helicopters, guns, armored vehicles, patrol vans and etcetera. Which of these has been properly utilized? Does a nation improve just by buying things without making proper use of any of those things? Answer these two questions to show that you are honest and rational.

1 Like

Re: Power Abuse: Reps Demand Body Cameras For Security Agents by AsabaPropertyAg(m): 4:57pm On Feb 18, 2022
There are a number of reasons for choice of leadership particularly in an age such as we have on our hands.A leader provides a new way.He leads.This is innovation, capacity and trust.He opens all doors to everyone else of his constituency such that even his detractors/ sworn political rivals can benchmark his achievement
Re: Power Abuse: Reps Demand Body Cameras For Security Agents by zeal22(m): 7:17pm On Feb 18, 2022
immortalcrown:

Madam, not advisable for naija. Who will honestly manage the storage database? Who will diligently watch the footage after collection? Imagine the lobbying that will happen between the men on duty and those assigned to get the footage. A whole airport authority and its almighty computers could not stop Kyari. Mental rehabilitation is the key thing.

I don't care what your sh*t h*le of a country wants to do I am just correcting the wrong notion previously posted.
Re: Power Abuse: Reps Demand Body Cameras For Security Agents by AsabaPropertyAg(m): 9:05pm On Feb 18, 2022
The House of Representatives has called on the Federal Government to provide body cameras to be attached to officers and men of security agencies in Nigeria and create situation rooms across the country to monitor their activities.
Re: Power Abuse: Reps Demand Body Cameras For Security Agents by AsabaPropertyAg(m): 2:28am On Feb 19, 2022
Beyond Photoshop and camera tricks, knowledge and contemporary information is key.The lesson to take home is that we have advanced our inroad into modern democracy in such a way that clearly defines who will be useful whenever he goes there and those whose mindset tilt towards politics and a lucrative business.We must dig up the truth no matter how deep it is buried beneath the soil. Emeka knows the road and he is a convinced patriot.What else can anyone say other than that he is trying.
Re: Power Abuse: Reps Demand Body Cameras For Security Agents by AsabaPropertyAg(m): 6:13am On Feb 19, 2022
The resolution was based on a motion moved at the plenary on Thursday by a member, Chinedu Martins, titled ‘Need to Provide Body-Worn Cameras for Security Operatives in the Country and Create a Situation Room.’
Re: Power Abuse: Reps Demand Body Cameras For Security Agents by AsabaPropertyAg(m): 7:55am On Feb 19, 2022
The House is cognisant that the body cameras will keep the security operatives in check, considering the massive allegations of human rights violation by security operatives and lack of evidence to indict them.
Re: Power Abuse: Reps Demand Body Cameras For Security Agents by AsabaPropertyAg(m): 12:16pm On Nov 19, 2023
Power abuse: Reps demand body cameras for security agents.
Re: Power Abuse: Reps Demand Body Cameras For Security Agents by lexylaw40: 12:59pm On Nov 19, 2023
Cool
Re: Power Abuse: Reps Demand Body Cameras For Security Agents by seibkristeen572(m): 1:28pm On Nov 19, 2023
smiley smiley smiley
Re: Power Abuse: Reps Demand Body Cameras For Security Agents by AsabaPropertyAg(m): 5:35pm On Nov 19, 2023
Members of the House of Representatives during plenary

The House of Representatives has called on the Federal Government to provide body cameras to be attached to officers and men of security agencies in Nigeria and create situation rooms across the country to monitor their activities.

The body cameras, the House argued, will help checkmate cases of abuse of power and human rights.
Re: Power Abuse: Reps Demand Body Cameras For Security Agents by AsabaPropertyAg(m): 10:58pm On Nov 19, 2023
The House urged the government at all levels to provide body cameras for all security operatives including Nigeria Customs Service on duty across the country.
Re: Power Abuse: Reps Demand Body Cameras For Security Agents by AsabaPropertyAg(m): 7:17am On Nov 20, 2023
The resolution was based on a motion moved at the plenary on Thursday by a member, Chinedu Martins, titled ‘Need to Provide Body-Worn Cameras for Security Operatives in the Country and Create a Situation Room.’
Re: Power Abuse: Reps Demand Body Cameras For Security Agents by AsabaPropertyAg(m): 9:55am On Nov 20, 2023
The House is also cognisant that the introduction of body cameras will not only douse tension and promote trust and professionalism among the security agencies but will also institutionalise the rules of engagement to foster a harmonious relationship between security operatives and the citizenry.”
https://punchng.com/power-abuse-reps-demand-body-cameras-for-security-agents/
Re: Power Abuse: Reps Demand Body Cameras For Security Agents by AsabaPropertyAg(m): 6:44am On Nov 21, 2023

The body cameras, the House argued, will help checkmate cases of abuse of power and human rights.

The House urged the government at all levels to provide body cameras for all security operatives including Nigeria Customs Service on duty across the country.

Furthermore, the House mandated its Committees on Police Affairs; Army; and National Security and Intelligence to ensure compliance with the resolution.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Herders Adamant, Southern Govs Fail To Enforce Anti-Open Grazing Law / Nkechi Ikpeazu Welcomes First Baby Of The Year In Abia, Pays Hospital Bills / What Does Buhari Do For A Living?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.