Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,851 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

Advice On Handa Purchase - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advice On Handa Purchase (1000 Views)

Need Expert Advice On My RX300 Engine Problem / Please Advice On Car To Buy / I Need Advice On A 2007 Camry With Hybrid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice On Handa Purchase by 9dynasty(m): 11:47am On Jun 26, 2011
i want your advice on buying this honda accord (baby boy) is it a good car? and how much can i get to buy at the specification below.
1)MANUAL
2)factory A.C
3)tokunbo
4)fabric seat
5) most probably this color,
thanks

Re: Advice On Handa Purchase by chelseabmw(m): 3:24pm On Jun 26, 2011
Re: Advice On Handa Purchase by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:47pm On Jun 26, 2011
You can get a 1999 Honda Accord AKA Babyboy for under N1.3 get to Tin-Can there are 100s there . if it is a manual you can bet you will get it for N900k
Re: Advice On Handa Purchase by 9dynasty(m): 8:11pm On Jun 26, 2011
@lagerwhenindoubt
funny user name-thanks for the info, would you advice me to buy that car? does it give wahala easily and i was looking to get 2001 model can i get it at same price?

@chelseabmw what don't you understsand
Re: Advice On Handa Purchase by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:39pm On Jun 27, 2011
9dynasty:

[color=#000099]@lagerwhenindoubt
funny user name-thanks for the info, would you advice me to buy that car? does it give wahala easily and i was looking to get 2001 model can i get it at same price?

The Babyboy is a very popular Honda brand since the Honda Pure-water broke into the Nigerian Market.

I bought one in 2005 for N1.2M and sold it in 2008 for N750k and it was Nigerian-Registered and had 104 thousand Km on the Mileage when i bought it. To be very honest I never took it to the mechanic except for Servicing. I think I posted it here on nairaland for sale shocked but nobody was interested. The Hausa guy who bought it spent N30k to fix the ball-joints and replace the shocks, guess what. he took it to Kaduna and re-sold it for N1.1M grin

The Car will give you joy as long as you regularly service it and treat it well. parts are not expensive except you are dealing with the 2001/2002 version in which case the transmission is a whole lot costlier than the 1999. I once drove through a Flood and My transmission started misbehaving. Thank God for good Samaritans. after pricing a tokunbo transmission, a fellow customer and Honda user noticed that my Transmission Fluid was short. Since I bought the car i never knew where the transmission fluid inlet was. (hidden between the engine body and some plastic pipes) so i never bothered to fill it up. If you see a good bargain, go for it. I don't know what prices they go for now, but since the Hausas have adopted the Babyboy as their national car you bet the prices will go up (and stay there)

(1) (Reply)

Help,my Car Is Extremely Sluggish When Moving / Truck Accident At George Walker Bush Way (Accra, Ghana) / Limited Production Lamborghini Is One In A Hundred ** Where Are All The Fans ***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.