Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,383 members, 7,861,056 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:26 PM

Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? (25421 Views)

A Female Pastor Is Caught In An Act With Her Junior Pastor , Photo + Video / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome On Spiritual Wife Or Husband: There Is Nothing Like That / Why Daddy Freeze's Mockery Of The MFM Pastor Who Died In Church Is Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by Geesaintagape: 10:12am On Feb 21, 2022
dalass:

It is disrespectful for junior pastor to believe that the woman he met in the church as a Pastor Mrs will seat down while he calls the shots.

In the bible, Deborah was a Prophetess who was appointed by God and controlled the whole nation of Israel including the army before Paul's era.

Aquila and priscilla were both in the ministry and they taught Apollos better in the word. So it is wrong to believe because one is female, she has no business in the affairs of the church!

Most Nigerian men are chauvinistic and that's why the society is this horrible. Zero respect for women. It is too glaring on NL self
Do u now accept that Pentecostal church is family business centers?
Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by jamace(m): 10:40am On Feb 21, 2022
Husband and wife churches are business centres, not approved by Jesus, and not for God but for mammon.

1 Like

Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by dalass(f): 10:46am On Feb 21, 2022
Geesaintagape:

Do u now accept that Pentecostal church is family business centers?

Church can be run along family lines. Except you want to fault God's commandment for Aaron to pass on his priesthood to his son and son's son, forever!.

It is God's business. The only reason God may not like it is if those sons were not worthy. Eli's ungodly son had no problems being priests... Their lineage were chosen by God to occupy that position... It was because Eli's children were Belials kids, that's why they were destroyed.

So let God be the judge and deal with unjust appointments in His church and you judges wait for your own judgement in what God has called you to do on earth
Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by JohnSP99: 10:54am On Feb 21, 2022
Barrister026:

this is pointless, no points at all
it's Better for you to keep quiet and let other people answer.
noe be small quarrel we settling in the church since.
you see how stupid you just portrayed yourself to be, you asked for an opinion and someone just gave his with biblical references to follow, you are telling him to keep quiet, then better you just delete this nonsense you put up here if you are not ready to read other people's opinion about the topic.
Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by Kobicove(m): 11:05am On Feb 21, 2022
Mrbenny001:
Are you saying the assistant chairman or Director is an outsider

When you start running your own business you will understand that apart from your wife, your kids and trusted blood relations any other person is an outsider where issues of money regarding the business are concerned!
Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by doverulez(m): 11:36am On Feb 21, 2022
Wetin concern me concern religion wey don tear so many families and communities apart. I dey there when them ordain junior pastor? btw Junior pastor no get sense na. you cannot win over a woman that knows her place.
Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by Jennyclay(f): 11:36am On Feb 21, 2022
Barrister026:

this is pointless, no points at all
it's Better for you to keep quiet and let other people answer.
noe be small quarrel we settling in the church since.
Charge and bail barrister please shut up!!!

You can't be countering people's opinion without stating your reasons why he's pointless. Abi is that how you're being thought in your law school?? Please learn to be civil.

Hungry lawyer!!!

1 Like

Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by Jennyclay(f): 11:41am On Feb 21, 2022
immortalcrown:

To prove to you that my comment is not pointless, I have edited my comment. By editing, I mean I have added more explanations without removing any part of what you have already seen as my comment. So, be slow to conclude that something is pointless. check my comment again.
Don't mind that charge and bail barrister.

He don't know anything!! I have already placed him where he belongs.

1 Like

Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by Funflipper: 11:49am On Feb 21, 2022
FalseProphet1:
The junior pastor should be in charge.

If the wife doesn't give the junior pastor his respect I see that church dying off.

This I have seen.

Why should an employee (junior pastor) be in charge when the co- owner of the business (mummy g.o) is around?

1 Like

Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by Wealth777: 1:42pm On Feb 21, 2022
armadeo:
Wetin concern pastors wife with church matter.

Na family business?

Which kind church una dey attend

Before nko?
Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by Mrbenny001: 3:22pm On Feb 21, 2022
Kobicove:

When you start running your own business you will understand that apart from your wife, your kids and trusted blood relations any other person is an outsider where issues of money regarding the business are concerned!
In fact Na family member go steal your money pass.. you don't need your wife to be working in your company before it's could strive and grow, and if need be she must be officially place with capacity to influence not by default
Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by Kobojunkie: 5:01pm On Feb 21, 2022
dalass:
1. Please make use of your no 6. I specifically mentioned siblings... Moses, Aaron, Miriam and Hur as siblings in charge of God's people as appointed by God. I did not say anything about their sons.

2. By the way, Aaron still passed on his priesthood to his son as commanded by God while God chose Joshua to replace Moses. It still proves that God can make a son succeed his father in ministry or someone else. So people should stop being rigid.

And pls don't quote me again. undecided
1. God didn't appoint Mariam and Aaron to be in charge of the people of Israel. Use your number six and read the book abeg! undecided

2. Joshua was not Moses's son. undecided
Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by IfnobeGod20: 7:08pm On Feb 21, 2022
immortalcrown:

Did you read my comment well? Did you not see where I wrote that even someone that is not a pastor can preach or conduct prayers in a church? Go and read the comment again.

If making a woman a pastor is not biblical deviation, what does the word submissive in 1 Corinthians 14:34 mean? Does being submissive mean a woman should pastor a church that has men as members? Or, is there another Bible verse that invalidates the quoted verse?
Yes, I saw it but our contention is you justifying women are forbids to preach in the church or in the temple and I did quoted portions of where bible captured "Prophetess" in the bible and I did juxtaposed with meaning of the word "Prophetess" and even their duties at the church. I also let you know that the scripture wasn't confusing and God never an author of confusion but we humans are.
Seeing the doctrine of your denomination to judge others denominations is just myopic tendency.
To be submissive was made in reference to a family and not to the church. Ministering is our first gospel assignment for all believers, either men or women.
Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by immortalcrown(m): 6:30am On Feb 22, 2022
IfnobeGod20:

Yes, I saw it but our contention is you justifying women are forbids to preach in the church or in the temple and I did quoted portions of where bible captured "Prophetess" in the bible and I did juxtaposed with meaning of the word "Prophetess" and even their duties at the church. I also let you know that the scripture wasn't confusing and God never an author of confusion but we humans are.
Seeing the doctrine of your denomination to judge others denominations is just myopic tendency.
To be submissive was made in reference to a family and not to the church. Ministering is our first gospel assignment for all believers, either men or women.
You are just looking for a problem where there is none. I never said the Bible forbids women from preaching. I said the Bible does not permit women to be pastors. Pastors are not the only people to preach. Every Christian can preach the gospel. In fact, every Christian is biblically charged to preach the gospel. But every Christian is not called to be a pastor or a priest. Stop trying to change the topic. The topic is women being made pastors. The topic is not whether women can preach or not.

1 Like

Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by Image123(m): 8:18am On Feb 22, 2022
Lol, Peter's wife, John's wife, Paul's wife, Moses' wife, Samuel's wife, Daniel's wife. None of them has such role in the Bible. The church is not private property. Being someone's wife or child is not automatic qualification. If they are pastors or leaders, that's different. Meaning they also passed through the basic criteria like everyone else.
Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by Ladiesdoctor(m): 5:16pm On Feb 22, 2022
IfnobeGod20:

Stop this your archaic doctrine. God is not an author of confusion but you that doesn't understand the scriptures. The circumstances that informed the statement for women not to speak, is what you don't know. If you ask the bible scholar, you will be enlightened. The rift that happened within the church was what necessitated Paul to warn women to sober in the church not because he doesn't understand their teaching spirit.
Are you aware that there are prophetesses in the bible. The first prophetess in the Bible is Miriam. Read Exodus 15:20-21 "And Miriam the prophetess, the sister of Aaron, took a timbrel in her hand; and all the women went out after her with timbrels and with dances.
And Miriam answered them, Sing ye to the LORD, for he hath triumphed gloriously; the horse and his rider hath he thrown into the sea". That was the old testament and many more. You may what to argue further but before you do that, let me quote another prophetess in the new testament. Luke 2:36-38 "And there was one Anna, a prophetess, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Aser: she was of a great age, and had lived with an husband seven years from her virginity;
And she was a widow of about fourscore and four years, which departed not from the temple, but served God with fastings and prayers night and day.
And she coming in that instant gave thanks likewise unto the Lord, and spake of him to all them that looked for redemption in Jerusalem".
The bible specifically called them prophetesses but you may still want to argue blindly. Let me move further by telling you who prophetess is. "A prophetess is a woman who speaks for God or a deity, or by divine inspiration. a woman who foretells future events".
What is also the duty of a prophetess?
"Their primary role was to make known the Word of God, and this often involved calling people back to obedience to God. They denounced injustice, idolatry, and empty rituals".
To this end there are about seven known prophetesses in the bible. You can Google search for it. It is only althodox doctrine that forbids women teaching, not biblical because the bible is specific.

What is Christianity turning into?
Are you sure you are saying this base with your understanding of the Bible?

Christianity is at war with Evil Kingdom.
Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by aswani(m): 2:01am On Feb 23, 2022
Me and my wife churches have nothing to do with Christianity except for the fact that the Bible makes an appearance within the premises.

On judgement, Daddy G O, Mummy G O, Assistant Pastor and every single ordinary member of the congregation will pick a number and await their judgement.

No one will be addressed by the rubbish title they have given each other on earth. Neither will their title influence the judgement that will come their way.

Mummy G O and Assistant Pastor are better off focusing on winning souls for Christ rather than dragging who should be in charge when Daddy G O is away.
Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by petra1(m): 5:55am On Feb 23, 2022
Barrister026:
Pastors wife wants the junior pastor to be reporting to her if her husband is not around or any issue at all during church service.

She try as much to be in charge when her husband is off in another Church to minister.

This nearly caused a problem in the church today, while I was going home surprisingly a friend of mine supported the pastor's wife.. that she's the first lady of the church of God if her husband is not around.
she can represent him anytime to coordinate like most churches

What's your take on this issue is it right?

It's what the Pastor says.. church is not democracy. there is no Pastor wife position. There is no first Lady position. If a Pastor wife deputise its not because she's Pastor wife . It should be because she has the capability and trust of the Pastor. And if the assistant Pastor deputies it' should be based on same principle. All. they need do is to ask the Pastor who should be in charge. Period.

1 Like

Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by PROPHETmichael: 9:56am On Feb 23, 2022
Barrister026:
Pastors wife wants the junior pastor to be reporting to her if her husband is not around or any issue at all during church service.

She try as much to be in charge when her husband is off in another Church to minister.

This nearly caused a problem in the church today, while I was going home surprisingly a friend of mine supported the pastor's wife.. that she's the first lady of the church of God if her husband is not around.
she can represent him anytime to coordinate like most churches

What's your take on this issue is it right?

I don't care how anointed the junior pastor thinks he is, if he can't respect the GO's wife, it shows he has no regard for the man he is serving under.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Download Best Rakhi Songs 2014|top Raksha Bandhan Songs / The Sleep Paralysis I Had: Could This Be A Spirit Wife? / Always Thinking Of Sex, Sport Bet Among Others, How Do I Stay Focused In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.