Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,486 members, 7,830,453 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc (19554 Views)

Best State For Prospective Corp Member To Serve In Nigeria / Corper Wraps Pounded Yam With His Khaki In Jos, Plateau State / A Northerner Advises Corpers Posted To South Not To Eat Meat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by Nobody: 11:37am On Feb 21, 2022
chatinent:
NYSC is trash.
Share your experience
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by riverbird: 11:38am On Feb 21, 2022
Prepare very well for cold, welcome to mangu Hale, plateau state Nigeria wink
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by opapapilo(m): 11:46am On Feb 21, 2022
Things you will neeed

- Cardigan ( thickest one)
- gloves
- socks
- Money to buy Hot Water ���
But the cold is seasonal sha, u might escape d coldest hour

My lil advice
- No need of relocating (u will enjoy ur stay at Plateau )
- Make sure u are posted to Village (not Jos)

Benefits of village
- Quiet n peaceful
- Low standard of living ( cheap stuff )
- lovely Women who don't chase after money... (If u are a guy use condom sha oo....STD rampant for der o)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by Tomek09(m): 11:49am On Feb 21, 2022
chatinent:
NYSC is trash.
After you don do ur own grin grin
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by Obiorahpcfg: 11:52am On Feb 21, 2022
SalisuJasper:
Please can someone give me tips, i have just been posted to plateau state for my nysc.

what are the things i need to know
It's a very nice environment, find the ecosystem community and join for side hussles....real estate, crypto experts, IBO and E-learning and tank me letter. Am jos born!
Contact 0808 829 5668
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by Joetota: 11:56am On Feb 21, 2022
SalisuJasper:
Please can someone give me tips, i have just been posted to plateau state for my nysc.

Plateau state is a beautiful place to serve with a great weather. I did my service there. I hope you're posted to the city. Make sure you go to camp with thick jackets, hand gloves and head warmer. The weather there is very cold. Wish you the very best. Let me know if you need any information.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by Oblion(m): 11:59am On Feb 21, 2022
Enjoy Mangu.. Plateau state is a beautiful state, with hospitable people, then if you're lucky like me and and get posted to shendam then man is beautiful, then while in shendam, Pangwasa is the best place to live, the community life and friendlines among the people is just amazing, enjoy your service year.
SalisuJasper:

Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by Tomek09(m): 11:59am On Feb 21, 2022
U go fvck deep 6ft vagina holes tire. Very deep and wide kpekus.
Just pack enough condom and be at alert. Their ladies are ever ready to give you their sweet pussies for ur own enjoyment.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by leisuretym: 12:06pm On Feb 21, 2022
You must be extremely careful in terms of security , they can just block road and start killing people

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by Luisema4luv(m): 12:06pm On Feb 21, 2022
SalisuJasper:

Carry enough sweater,u will enjoy the camp (1 of the best in Nigeria)
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by lukency(m): 12:24pm On Feb 21, 2022
Go with your cardigan
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by Tenshades(m): 12:26pm On Feb 21, 2022
SalisuJasper:

A. Have these:

1. Thick sweaters
2. Mosquito net
3. 27,000mah Power bank (I was posted to Tunkus, Mikang LGA and no power supply at all)
4. Rechargeable lamp
5. Antibiotics
6. Condoms (or avoid sex)
7. Personal Clipper

B.

1. Don't move around anyhow without purpose

2. Avoid late night movements

3. If you're not posted to the city, be ready to teach or work in LGA council where work doesn't exist.

4. Don't belittle the locals because you're a corper (they are educated too)

5. Be humble

6. Equip yourself with offline or online skills

7. Dumping 10k inside piggyvest monthly wont be a bad idea.

8. Avoid money drainers of all forms.

9. Trust less and don't fall in love.

10. Safe trip

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by Ihenzy(m): 12:36pm On Feb 21, 2022
Currently serving here in plateau, it's a nice place just get your sweaters and head warmers

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by atiku4President(m): 12:37pm On Feb 21, 2022
Know that Plateau State hosts the headquarters of Nigeria Christain Corpers' Fellowship (NCCF) and the can help make your stay there memorable. Meanwhile, ensure you have your sweater always with you when going out cos the temperature there can change suddenly without notice. Enjoy fresh fruits and unambitious life.
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by Emaprince: 12:43pm On Feb 21, 2022
@salisujasper

I served in Jos.

Its a very lively place. Well developed than you can imagine. And the actual jos indigenes are very friendly and hospitable. The problem there are the hausas who are trying to dominate and control jos through winning of jos North local govt election. If they fail, then crisis is inevitable...consequently blood shed follows. After the local govt election during my service year there,(which we conducted).. hausas lost jos north. Crises was predicted and it happened. We lost about 3 corp members. I was lucky I served in their military barrack..so we were protected. But the mayhem was quenched few days after it started. Lives were lost any way.

Try to get yourself very close to the state co ordinator...and see if he can post you to a favourable place like jos north or military barrack so you can enjoy your stay there. If you are posted to jos north, please get yourself an apartment at the area where igbos dominate(forgotten what its called). You will be very safe there. During crisis. Igbos there are well armed and vigilant. No hausa man dare cross there.

You really need to prepare for your safety first before anything. Your life matters most. Jos is a volatile place due to hausas penchant for dominance which consequently lead to blood shed if they don't get it.

Lastly, get your self some thick sweaters or cardigan. Its a very cold place. With the impact of global warming, I dont know how cold it will be now...but its sure colder than the south east and south west regions. So get your sweaters ready. Be ready to boil some hot water every morning. Infact during my time, I never bathed with cold water for once. Even under hot sun, the wind was usual very cold. And I never used a handkerchief for once.

Before I forget, be wise in your dealings with their women. They have some very endowed black cuties. Big boobs and ass. They come across as cheap honestly. Whether its just cos they love corpers..I dont know. And the number of HIV carriers there is high. I think jos is ranked second in Nigeria? I got my fair share of attention and temptations. But due to the warnings at orientation camp and then military barrack, I remained totally chaste through out my service year. I no wan hear story nor dissapoint my parent. The girls at command school were the biggest temptation for me...but I trusted my self. Imagine an ss2 student saying boldly that she would like to date me. Lol..
you just need to stay focused and keep your eyes and ears open for any imminent crises

One thing you must enjoy is the low cost of living. House rent is relatively cheap there. Food stuffs, fruits are too cheap there too.

I wish you enjoy your service year there with no hiccups.

8 Likes

Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by Boniwhite: 12:47pm On Feb 21, 2022
I was told pussies are cheap in plateau
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by Iceberg3: 12:48pm On Feb 21, 2022
Better than the Westside where your head will @ risk of being harvesters and your skull mined anytime grin

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by Cutezt(m): 12:53pm On Feb 21, 2022
perragy:
Avoid places like Birom.. They have this Fulani (Muslims) fights periodically... if you should know.. it use to be very brutal and fatal. Other things i know about Plateau are its very cold in most part of the year and its people are very nice. Careful while it last i must advice.

LOL, you people be saying a lot of rubbish. There is no place like Birom in Plateau State, instead, it is the name of a tribe. Birom people are the majority in Plateau State and everyone knows they are some of the most welcoming people in the whole of the country. What you should be telling OP is that he should avoid Fulani settlements and make sure he doesn't stay in the villages. Plateau is a beautiful place, I lived almost 23 years there, and I plan on going back in the next 4-5 years. The state is developing rapidly, I was there in December.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by Nyelu: 1:00pm On Feb 21, 2022
Please, don't compromise sweaters and cardigans. It is very very cold there. The people are peaceful but be security conscious. I served in Plateau State.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by Cutezt(m): 1:01pm On Feb 21, 2022
Emaprince:
@salisujasper

I served in Jos.

Its a very lively place. Well developed than you can imagine. And the actual jos indigenes are very friendly and hospitable. The problem there are the hausas who are trying to dominate and control jos through winning of jos North local govt election. If they fail, then crisis is inevitable...consequently blood shed follows. After the local govt election during my service year there,(which we conducted).. hausas lost jos north. Crises was predicted and it happened. We lost about 3 corp members. I was lucky I served in their military barrack..so we were protected. But the mayhem was quenched few days after it started. Lives were lost any way.

Try to get yourself very close to the state co ordinator...and see if he can post you to a favourable place like jos north or military barrack so you can enjoy your stay there. If you are posted to jos north, please get yourself an apartment at the area where igbos dominate(forgotten what its called). You will be very safe there. During crisis. Igbos there are well armed and vigilant. No hausa man dare cross there.

You really need to prepare for your safety first before anything. Your life matters most. Jos is a volatile place due to hausas penchant for dominance which consequently lead to blood shed if they don't get it.

Lastly, get your self some thick sweaters or cardigan. Its a very cold place. With the impact of global warming, I dont know how cold it will be now...but its sure colder than the south east and south west regions. So get your sweaters ready. Be ready to boil some hot water every morning. Infact during my time, I never bathed with cold water for once. Even under hot sun, the wind was usual very cold. And I never used a handkerchief for once.

Before I forget, be wise in your dealings with their women. They have some very endowed black cuties. Big boobs and ass. They come across as cheap honestly. Whether its just cos they love corpers..I dont know. And the number of HIV carriers there is high. I think jos is ranked second in Nigeria? I got my fair share of attention and temptations. But due to the warnings at orientation camp and then military barrack, I remained totally chaste through out my service year. I no wan hear story nor dissapoint my parent. The girls at command school were the biggest temptation for me...but I trusted my self. Imagine an ss2 student saying boldly that she would like to date me. Lol..
you just need to stay focused and keep your eyes and ears open for any imminent crises

One thing you must enjoy is the low cost of living. House rent is relatively cheap there. Food stuffs, fruits are too cheap there too.

I wish you enjoy your service year there with no hiccups.

Igbos don't dominate any area in Plateau State but you can find lots of them in Apata. By the way, I was born, bred and was still there last month.

Also, you just missed so much 'pvssies' cos Plateau is not even in the top 10 HIV states. The girls are very understanding, not cheap, they know how difficult life can be so they don't stress guys too much.

3 Likes

Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by pegix(m): 1:02pm On Feb 21, 2022
Englishisamust:
God punish jamb. If no be jamb wey no give me admission. Me self for dey part of those who get call up letter yesterday. Anyway we moveee
no be jamb go give u admission

Be wise
Pick up that jamb form. Again...prepare your ass off
Weigh ur chances based and catchment and places the geopolitical zone u from

Good news cominh soon fella!
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by makosine: 1:08pm On Feb 21, 2022
Nice choice, pleateau is a wonderful place to serve,although very cold and places like shadam is normal, so choose where u want to serve but I bet u, u will enjoy it
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by macrodata(m): 1:09pm On Feb 21, 2022
Yinksy09:
Congratulations and all I can say is stay safe and keep your eyes wide open. Familiarize yourself with the people in the community. Also get an alternative power supply for your phone like the Oraimo power bank should Incase of power outage.
We have steady power supply since the last 8 months. Power outage doesn't exceed 30 minutes in a week. See my powerbank is wasting.
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by onikoyikosoko: 1:24pm On Feb 21, 2022
SalisuJasper:

You better find a way to work am to states like Lagos, Kaduna, ondo, oyo, Kwara, rivers or akwa ibom and cross rivers......the rest states are useless

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by Agboconsult1(m): 1:36pm On Feb 21, 2022
Emaprince:
@salisujasper

are u sure u served in Jos and are u still in Jos?.....dont deceive the corper, OP Jos South is more conducive to stay than Jos North.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by macrodata(m): 1:38pm On Feb 21, 2022
Get posted to Jos North or Jos South. These are the areas that are safe if you are a westerner or southerner

JOS NORTH
Farin Gada
(Low cost apartments, close market proximity, student minded area, security: disadvantage - muddy area during rainy season)

Rock Haven
(Low cost apartments, security,: disadvantage - water challenges, dull area)

Apata/BusaBuji
(Low cost apartments, close market proximity, family settlement area, fine girls, disadvantage - cultism)

Angwan Rogo/Nassarawa/Gangare
If you're a Hausa Muslim, it's fine. If not... Snap a fine picture of how you'd like to be remembered before you move in.

[Zaria Road/Alheri/Rukuba Road
Nice and safe areas to live in, one drop to take you to any vital part of town, market proximity too. Disadvantage - water shortage)

JOS SOUTH
To be updated

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by doshiyad1: 1:40pm On Feb 21, 2022
Meninmen:
1. Be prepared for serious cold! If you are not prepared, you may want to run back to your state because of cold. Take thick clothings with you.

2. As for the occasional crisis, just be vigilant. Live in the Christian dominated area and you have nothing to worry about.

3. It's a lovely state. You will enjoy your stay!

Absolutely correct!
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by hilltop007(m): 1:41pm On Feb 21, 2022
Originalsly:

Just curious... why not hoodies? ... which is better at trapping body heat and keeping the head warm than sweaters?
The cold can penetrate normal hoodies. You'd need thick clothes for the extreme cold. Like this;

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by JagabanLothbroo(m): 1:47pm On Feb 21, 2022
You will report to Mangu camp which is not that far from Jos...I would advice you to come with thick blankets and thick sweaters, together with thick hand gloves, also if you can..wear tights/leggings.
Try as much as possible to get posted to Jos city, either north or Jos South.
If you have what ever you are doing, then you can go to Jos East so that it will be easy for you to be a Ghost corper.
If you are posted to a Local Government Secretariat...they don't pay, so you would need to get additional work, maybe teaching. The food stuff is relatively cheap. The main market is Terminus Market. Then Tomatoes Market for Food items(in Jos North). Good luck.
Yeah the Night life is dead here
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by Originalsly: 1:48pm On Feb 21, 2022
hilltop007:

The cold can penetrate normal hoodies. You'd need thick clothes for the extreme cold. Like this;

That's a winter jacket. Does it snow there?... if not a winter jacket is wayyyy too much. Note... the jacket has a hood .... to trap heat. Hoodies have various thickness... some are lined with fleece for colder conditions. If not warm enough then a light jacket can be worn over the hoodie.
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by sureinfo: 1:56pm On Feb 21, 2022
Go an enjoy yourself, that place make sense

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Boi Establishes N2bn Fund For NYSC Members / How To Locate The 37 NYSC Orientation Camps / Basic Things A Prospective Corper Needs In Camp.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.