Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,850 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

Fuel Scarcity: Private Depots Hike Rates, Filling Stations May Sell Above ₦180 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Scarcity: Private Depots Hike Rates, Filling Stations May Sell Above ₦180 (11589 Views)

Depots Deserted As Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦‎720/Litre / Petrol Price Crashes At Depots Amid Low Demand / Petrol May Sell Above ₦340/Litre, Marketers Plan Imports Amidst Forex Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Private Depots Hike Rates, Filling Stations May Sell Above ₦180 by Nobody: 8:18am On Feb 21, 2022
The problem is simple

No matter how much you try to use subsidy to keep prices of Fuel low, you cannot beat the market

The people who own the depots are businessmen and women. Trying to make them charity workers in the name of subsidy is going to bring about revolts. As is happening now. They can keep prices low for just so long

At the end of the day, government is going to end up taking a loan just to pay to keep prices low.

Subsidy must go
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Private Depots Hike Rates, Filling Stations May Sell Above ₦180 by Benjax4all: 8:21am On Feb 21, 2022
U will not see d real enimy of nigeria, vulture BBQ in diz types of post that affect Nigerian.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Private Depots Hike Rates, Filling Stations May Sell Above ₦180 by GardenOfGod(m): 8:22am On Feb 21, 2022
Now you're talking... "etisalat"
Astoria:
I mean PH. I wasn't done typing lol. I think Edo has a 6000bpd modular refinery.
grin
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Private Depots Hike Rates, Filling Stations May Sell Above ₦180 by GardenOfGod(m): 8:22am On Feb 21, 2022
gringrin
Benjax4all:
U will not d real enimy of nigeria, vulture BBQ in diz types of post that affect Nigerian.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Private Depots Hike Rates, Filling Stations May Sell Above ₦180 by onyxo76(m): 8:25am On Feb 21, 2022
that has been the plan all along yo increase the fuel price ,they officially sell for between 200 and 250 in most stations.
all to keep you in hunger and perpetual poverty, when you are so impoverished,your thinking faculties won't function well, hence if they give 500 and a cup of rice you will still end up voting for same devils who keep you in this mess.
better to leave this country if you have the means so as to maintain your sanity.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Private Depots Hike Rates, Filling Stations May Sell Above ₦180 by 24brains(m): 8:27am On Feb 21, 2022
Jeez... Goodness me!!! Which one is they may sell above 180? Something they already sell for 250 in my area!!!
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Private Depots Hike Rates, Filling Stations May Sell Above ₦180 by Yves4real(f): 8:28am On Feb 21, 2022
I bought fuel at #210/litre yesterday.
Mobil in Benin.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Private Depots Hike Rates, Filling Stations May Sell Above ₦180 by Emmanuel602(m): 8:31am On Feb 21, 2022
They have been selling 200 over here since last week
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Private Depots Hike Rates, Filling Stations May Sell Above ₦180 by LivingBetter: 8:33am On Feb 21, 2022
It's obvious the actors planned this stunt to increase the price of petrol by importing bad Pms to create scarcity. Let's see how this drama ends with Nigerians accepting it.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Private Depots Hike Rates, Filling Stations May Sell Above ₦180 by Benjax4all: 8:40am On Feb 21, 2022
GardenOfGod:
gringrin
this is not funny but a serious issue because everything in diz country is just going upside down,and some pple are supporting buhari that is making things to hard for nigerian that why ASUU call him Slave Merchants that is only good In Destructive Policies meaning destroyer of good things

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Private Depots Hike Rates, Filling Stations May Sell Above ₦180 by chrizzyace: 8:45am On Feb 21, 2022
Something that is already happening... A beg make Una getat
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Private Depots Hike Rates, Filling Stations May Sell Above ₦180 by matm: 8:52am On Feb 21, 2022
Prayer for Nigeria in distress
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Private Depots Hike Rates, Filling Stations May Sell Above ₦180 by HIPROFILE(m): 8:52am On Feb 21, 2022
All I see in this is that the Buhari led FGN who were brought into power by Nigerians through APC wants to quietly, cunningly and shamefully as usual increase fuel pump price in guise to removing subsidy which they claim was a scam under GEJ

Countless cases had shown that this government is evil to the people. and this have made me to also share the view that I do not think the current Leader in Aso is truly a Nigerian.

I am not saying removing subsidy isn't good but why don't they fix the refineries as promised during electioneering lets forget about that of 1usd to 1 Naira

This Government committed times 10 the crimes and corruptions we saw with PDP in the 16 years reign as the ruling party in just 7 years.

And yet some group of persons (the real enemies of Nigeria) still want the country to go through this again just because they believe it will benefit them to impose yet another ill leader on a country like this almost on her knees... Chai! If Nigeria is a person.........

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Private Depots Hike Rates, Filling Stations May Sell Above ₦180 by Nobody: 8:55am On Feb 21, 2022
That was always the plan to hike em.
No methanol contamination, all na scope.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Private Depots Hike Rates, Filling Stations May Sell Above ₦180 by FANTASY176(m): 8:57am On Feb 21, 2022
Selfish set of people,,,,,
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Private Depots Hike Rates, Filling Stations May Sell Above ₦180 by lacastre: 9:14am On Feb 21, 2022
I got mine 220/lit thus morning
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Private Depots Hike Rates, Filling Stations May Sell Above ₦180 by tragergeorge(m): 9:20am On Feb 21, 2022
nonxo007:
Honestly speaking I'm tired, please aside the fact that NNPC imported bad fuel and never took blame what else has been causing this scarsity ? Because it has been over 2 to 3 weeks now, are you telling me they have not been able to resolve this challenge making over 200 million people suffer ? Funny thing is that nobody has been sacked or arrested for approving the importation of substandard PMS. NNPC on their own part has refused to take blame, rather they put the blame on independent oil marketers who still shift the blame to the government.
These people are using us to catch cruise in this country o, and some people are still singing their praise.
How long will this suffering continue ? Will anybody be punished for putting us through this hardship or will it just die down without any punishment ?
Honestly speaking I look at this platform and see so many fellow Youths insulting themselves all in the name of siding their favorite political leader or tribe, forgetting that their actions affect us all, be you Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba, Igala whatever. Abi those who keep singing Buharis praise are getting fuel from somewhere at normal price and it is steady available?
Abi una get ID card you show at fuel station as a supporter of Buhari and you get instant pass to buy fuel? Me I tire o.
the fuel was never scarce, lots of station hoard the fuel, started using only one pump to sell,and started selling at 200 and above,some even tight thier meter,
The hardship we just experienced was 60percent the fault of these fuel station idiots....
While some were selling 200/250 I still bought at the rate of 165 yesterday here in sapele...
We blacks take advantage of everything, Yes fine there was a problem with supplies instead of our brethren to try make things easy for their customers,they started making it worse all to make more gain...
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Private Depots Hike Rates, Filling Stations May Sell Above ₦180 by Foolishbuhari: 9:24am On Feb 21, 2022
Una sure say no be style to comot subsidy these people dey do so?
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Private Depots Hike Rates, Filling Stations May Sell Above ₦180 by seyz91(m): 9:29am On Feb 21, 2022
shocked
Amuluonyenaego:
They are already selling 340 in my area.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Private Depots Hike Rates, Filling Stations May Sell Above ₦180 by alizma: 9:35am On Feb 21, 2022
juanmiguel:
May sell 180 kee! I bought for 220 on Friday
I bought 210 in Port Harcourt on Friday. Somebody come dey talk of 180 and he even add "may"
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Private Depots Hike Rates, Filling Stations May Sell Above ₦180 by Oracleamehdin(m): 9:38am On Feb 21, 2022
This man of God is making sense here!!! Watch and subscribe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q5Hh9Rie6w

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Private Depots Hike Rates, Filling Stations May Sell Above ₦180 by DoggoneDogg: 9:47am On Feb 21, 2022
[s]
GardenOfGod:

https://punchng.com/fuel-scarcity-private-depots-hike-rates-more-filling-stations-may-sell-above-n180-litre/
[/s]

Your attempt to paint Nwafors bad by highlighting the innocent spokesperson's name did not work.

Las las na your leader General Buhari, the petroleum minister be the culprit.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Private Depots Hike Rates, Filling Stations May Sell Above ₦180 by holluwizzy: 9:52am On Feb 21, 2022
This have been the initial plan.

The excuse to give citizens is what is causing delay.

They want to thread carefully.

GardenOfGod:

https://punchng.com/fuel-scarcity-private-depots-hike-rates-more-filling-stations-may-sell-above-n180-litre/
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Private Depots Hike Rates, Filling Stations May Sell Above ₦180 by fitinwell: 9:54am On Feb 21, 2022
GardenOfGod:

This is What you get ...from a Failed Leadership.... Nigerians are truely blindfolded about who to Lead them..

So let us all enjoy this....

We had the opportunity to Change this Buhari and his Government...

How long do we continue to choose wrong people for the rule of leadership?

In a sane country... There supposed to be a reservoir or called dump... That will cover Up ...

I even noticed that we as a country ..we are not prepared for the worse Natural disaster.. in case it happens..

God don't be silent ..for the sake of the saint in this country Fight our battle for us...

Amen
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Private Depots Hike Rates, Filling Stations May Sell Above ₦180 by GardenOfGod(m): 10:02am On Feb 21, 2022
DoggoneDogg:
[s]DoggoneDogg [/s]

Your attempt to paint Nwafors bad by highlighting the innocent spokesperson's name did not work.

Las las na your leader General Buhari, the petroleum minister be the culprit.
Why are you behaving like a dog without sense?
What do you understand by highlight?
Why are you continuing to paint the Noble Igbo Tribe as bittered and hateful stock, why?
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Private Depots Hike Rates, Filling Stations May Sell Above ₦180 by LongT(m): 10:04am On Feb 21, 2022
At the end , It is the tribalism that kills us the more.
nonxo007:
Honestly speaking I'm tired, please aside the fact that NNPC imported bad fuel and never took blame what else has been causing this scarsity ? Because it has been over 2 to 3 weeks now, are you telling me they have not been able to resolve this challenge making over 200 million people suffer ? Funny thing is that nobody has been sacked or arrested for approving the importation of substandard PMS. NNPC on their own part has refused to take blame, rather they put the blame on independent oil marketers who still shift the blame to the government.
These people are using us to catch cruise in this country o, and some people are still singing their praise.
How long will this suffering continue ? Will anybody be punished for putting us through this hardship or will it just die down without any punishment ?
Honestly speaking I look at this platform and see so many fellow Youths insulting themselves all in the name of siding their favorite political leader or tribe, forgetting that their actions affect us all, be you Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba, Igala whatever. Abi those who keep singing Buharis praise are getting fuel from somewhere at normal price and it is steady available?
Abi una get ID card you show at fuel station as a supporter of Buhari and you get instant pass to buy fuel? Me I tire o.
Tribalism is what kills us.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Private Depots Hike Rates, Filling Stations May Sell Above ₦180 by GardenOfGod(m): 10:07am On Feb 21, 2022
ICPC should go after all those indicted in the importation of substandard products. Isn't it like importing substandard drugs and other harmful substances? What a nation!
nonxo007:

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Private Depots Hike Rates, Filling Stations May Sell Above ₦180 by LongT(m): 10:11am On Feb 21, 2022
This is subsidy removal in disguise. There is no how the country will survive without subsidy removal. The government is in between the devil and the deep blue sea. Saying that subsidy removal is suspended is a subterfuge.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Private Depots Hike Rates, Filling Stations May Sell Above ₦180 by AdeniyiA(m): 10:16am On Feb 21, 2022
ParrotGirls360:
FG is behind all these drama.
Yeah, they are just taking us for fools undecided, it's just an indirect way of increasing the pump price since we have rejected the their planned subsidy removal. When they make it scarce like this, they know that Nigerians will begin to say even if it's expensive, just make it available... Then at higher amounts the product will start coming in
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Private Depots Hike Rates, Filling Stations May Sell Above ₦180 by LongT(m): 10:17am On Feb 21, 2022
iliyande:
grin fuel subsidy removal in disguise
Yeah you are right. The country cannot stand without subsidy removal. So the government suspending subsidy removal is a subterfuge on the pages of the dailies while the removal is being carried out meticulously in this guise. After God is government!
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Private Depots Hike Rates, Filling Stations May Sell Above ₦180 by LongT(m): 10:17am On Feb 21, 2022
iliyande:
grin fuel subsidy removal in disguise
Yeah you are right. The country cannot stand without subsidy removal. So the government suspending subsidy removal is a subterfuge on the pages of the dailies while the removal is being carried out meticulously in this guise. After God is government! grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chimaroke Nnamani Accuses Ugwuanyi Of Sabotaging His Election & Political Career / 'INEC On Hit List' - BMO Reveals Pdp's Alleged 2019 'rigging' Plan / Ugwuanyi: Redefining Governance At 56

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.