Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,027 members, 7,818,032 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

Please Help Sim Card Hacked - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Please Help Sim Card Hacked (30211 Views)

HELP, SIM Swap/nin Linking Issue / No More Poor Network As Nigerians Introduces New "Super SIM Card" / Why You Must Put PIN/PUK On Your SIM Card. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help Sim Card Hacked by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:46pm On Feb 22, 2022
SAY NO TO FRAUD GUYS......

It brings shame and reproach to you and your family members.

#WeDidOurPart.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Help Sim Card Hacked by ImoleNaija: 1:46pm On Feb 22, 2022
Re: Please Help Sim Card Hacked by mpire: 1:48pm On Feb 22, 2022
He's only able to do that because your friend clicked on the link he sent him. Only your phone company can fix that for you. Never click on any link it's a hack

6 Likes

Re: Please Help Sim Card Hacked by free2ryhme: 1:48pm On Feb 22, 2022
Interesting
Re: Please Help Sim Card Hacked by Bobby4090: 1:49pm On Feb 22, 2022
Fake presentation. The 2nd line just added the 1st line to one of his NIN numbers. Thats why the message was received by the 1st line. The person that posted this on Nairaland just wants to deceive the public. i work in telecoms and i have seen many of this.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help Sim Card Hacked by OBALOLA55(m): 1:49pm On Feb 22, 2022
Riplogic:
The guy bought data from my friend's simcard to his phone number
SO WHY ARE YOU SPEAKING FOR YOUR FRIEND

3 Likes

Re: Please Help Sim Card Hacked by jeff1607(m): 1:50pm On Feb 22, 2022
Still waiting till tomorrow? Seems he doesn’t have much to lose.
Re: Please Help Sim Card Hacked by ivolt: 1:51pm On Feb 22, 2022
The sim was not hacked but linked.
Your friend lied.
He willingly gave out his OTP.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Sim Card Hacked by simhosting: 1:51pm On Feb 22, 2022
The line was linked to the guys own using the mtn app or web.

The guy got the OTP through.
1. From the owner
Or
2. XxxX

I cant explain XxxX in public forum
Re: Please Help Sim Card Hacked by ivolt: 1:52pm On Feb 22, 2022
yusluvad:
How is this possible, without the prior permission of the line owner, via OTP whatsoever
It is not possible.
He gave OTP to the scammer then come here to tell lies.
Re: Please Help Sim Card Hacked by gaftsoil(m): 1:54pm On Feb 22, 2022
That hacker needs an award. But first report d linked line to MTN
Re: Please Help Sim Card Hacked by obembet(f): 1:54pm On Feb 22, 2022
Riplogic:
My friend was chatting on whatsapp with someone, the person told him he will hack his simcard, transfer his airtime and deactivate his WhatsApp. Then my friend received this message that his line has been linked to this number on the image. The guy now has already deducted my friend's airtime, we don't know what the guy will do next. How can we unlink the guy's number before he do worst.

Where is Damm niggar,

1 Like

Re: Please Help Sim Card Hacked by Archworld(m): 1:54pm On Feb 22, 2022
Riplogic:

What is more crazy is, the guy did not even send a single otp or something he just did it.

Possibly the guy did not activate his whatssap two factors security code

1 Like

Re: Please Help Sim Card Hacked by LivingTribunal: 1:54pm On Feb 22, 2022
Obascoetubi:
may be he cloned ur phone
This is why you shouldn't leave your phone with anyone

1 Like

Re: Please Help Sim Card Hacked by yusluvad(m): 1:55pm On Feb 22, 2022
I taught as much...
ivolt:
It is not possible. He gave OTP to the scammer then come here to tell lies.
Re: Please Help Sim Card Hacked by cl0r0x: 1:56pm On Feb 22, 2022
Start the investigation from your NIN, That's where he did it.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Sim Card Hacked by OBALOLA55(m): 1:56pm On Feb 22, 2022
obembet:

Where is Damm niggar,
HE’S SERVING TIME

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Sim Card Hacked by rolams(m): 1:57pm On Feb 22, 2022
Riplogic:

What is more crazy is, the guy did not even send a single otp or something he just did it.

There is such service. You had click a link before or the person has access to your phone.

You will need to format your phone.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Sim Card Hacked by mechanics(m): 1:59pm On Feb 22, 2022
He should call his customer care.
Re: Please Help Sim Card Hacked by jullary(m): 2:05pm On Feb 22, 2022
Nemesis0147:
He cloned your line.
Everything go end with 24hrs unless he decides to clone it again and he can’t do that without having an insider in MTN office so na inside work
exactly my thought even the guy might be working with the network provider, samething with bank most of this tricks being used by scammers are mostly from bank officials.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Sim Card Hacked by FireUpNow(m): 2:06pm On Feb 22, 2022
Riplogic:

That is what he has do tomorrow.
Thank you very much for the inputs
why wait till tomorrow? Do it now or asap. Earlier the better

1 Like

Re: Please Help Sim Card Hacked by Nobody: 2:13pm On Feb 22, 2022
Bobby4090:
Fake presentation. The 2nd line just added the 1st line to one of his NIN numbers. Thats why the message was received by the 1st line. The person that posted this on Nairaland just wants to deceive the public. i work in telecoms and i have seen many of this.

He called MTN customer care, they told him there was a problem when he was linking his NIN, that is the reason why this guy is able to link his line to my friend's number, and now MTN cannot do anything unless he went to MTN outlet with his NIN details that they can do something. The airtime deducted by the guy has been converted to megabytes by the MTN to my friend.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Sim Card Hacked by Nobody: 2:14pm On Feb 22, 2022
Riplogic:
My friend was chatting on whatsapp with someone, the person told him he will hack his simcard, transfer his airtime and deactivate his WhatsApp. Then my friend received this message that his line has been linked to this number on the image. The guy now has already deducted my friend's airtime, we don't know what the guy will do next. How can we unlink the guy's number before he do worst.
You didn't tell us the purpose of their chats earlier on WhatsApp. Maybe you should start from there. It takes two to tangle.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Sim Card Hacked by Nobody: 2:15pm On Feb 22, 2022
Archworld:

Possibly the guy did not activate his whatssap two factors security code
It is not only the whatsapp but the whole simcard service
Re: Please Help Sim Card Hacked by tutudesz: 2:17pm On Feb 22, 2022
Riplogic:

We called them, but it didn't connect. I posted it here as soon as it has happened

The guy is either working with the network provider or has someone working there, this is a inside job.
Use another sim to call the customer service
Re: Please Help Sim Card Hacked by Shakur86(m): 2:18pm On Feb 22, 2022
The rate at which hackers work this day ehn!
Re: Please Help Sim Card Hacked by thinkmoney(m): 2:27pm On Feb 22, 2022
Riplogic:

That is what he has do tomorrow.
Thank you very much for the inputs
go block ur bank accounts to disable transfers.
And use other line to reach mtn customer care
Re: Please Help Sim Card Hacked by Nobody: 2:30pm On Feb 22, 2022
madgoat:

Your frnd foolishly and probably unknowingly sent the hacker a OTP.
Its possible to link two numbers. Its what i did with my wifi number and my main number

I never knew so my friend too, it is exactly what he did. But weren't they supposed to send OTP to confirm if you are the owner? They just linked it directly.
Re: Please Help Sim Card Hacked by Sapeleboy911(m): 2:32pm On Feb 22, 2022
He must have social engineered your friend to give him an OTP code and other personal info. That person may be very close to your friend or have lots of personal information about your friend.
You can't just target an unknown person and swap his/her sim card. Go to the nearest MTN office and make a complaint, I don't think calling customer care agents will yield positive results.
Re: Please Help Sim Card Hacked by iamjavadem(m): 2:40pm On Feb 22, 2022
...and you could not locate their near by office to follow up, instead u come here, ok.
Riplogic:

We called them, but it didn't connect. I posted it here as soon as it has happened
Re: Please Help Sim Card Hacked by KingOfAmebo(m): 2:41pm On Feb 22, 2022
Riplogic:

"The guy no be any hacker jare, he is just feeding on your ignorance...The answer you seek is clearly visible in front you yet you cannot see it, read the next sms in that screenshot, he linked your number to Ayoba App...Shikena". Village People Spokesperson.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Sim Card Hacked by Krismas(m): 2:42pm On Feb 22, 2022
obembet:

Where is Damm niggar,
cool I learnt he has died

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top 3 Features In Iphone X Which Some Android Users Wished They Had / ... / Huawei Turns To Africa To Offset US Blacklist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.