Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,274 members, 7,811,803 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:56 PM

APC Convention: Battle As South East Aspirants Reject Deputy National Chairman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Convention: Battle As South East Aspirants Reject Deputy National Chairman (16487 Views)

Okorocha, South-East Aspirants write Buhari, Ask Him To Pick A SE Aspirant / Seven Presidential Aspirants Reject Governors’ List / Ondo 2020: Agboola Ajayi Eyes SDP As PDP Aspirants Reject Automatic Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Convention: Battle As South East Aspirants Reject Deputy National Chairman by Nemere2020: 4:33pm On Feb 23, 2022
APC convention: Battle as South East aspirants reject Deputy National chairman, insist on National Secretary

Ahead of March 26, 2022, National Convention of the All Progressives Congress, APC, some of the aspirants to the national offices of the party, from the South East region, on Wednesday rejected the position of the Deputy National Chairman, and insisted that the position of the National Secretary should be zoned to the South East region.

One of the aspirants, to the position of the National Secretary, Batos Nwadike, made this position known to newsmen in Owerri.

Nwadike, 2011 Presidential candidate of the Peoples Mandate Party, PMP, gave his reason that with the position of the National Secretary that the South-East would have more energy, network to deepen the control of the South East, for the APC.

According to Nwadike, “We commend the efforts of the convention planning committee, and Caretaker committee of the party, led by the governor of Yobe state, Mai Mala Buni, they have done a great job.

“We also acknowledged the efforts of the governor’s forum. We also acknowledged the efforts of the President, Muhammadu Buhari, in stabilising and unifying the party and making it stronger.

“But we are saying that the South East, will not accept the position of the Deputy national chairman, that we will wish that the party reconsider and review and put the position of the National Secretary to the South East. So that the South East can ebulliently play its a role in the APC than to be outside the party.”
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/02/apc-convention-battle-as-south-east-aspirants-reject-deputy-national-chairman-insist-on-national-secretary/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

2 Likes

Re: APC Convention: Battle As South East Aspirants Reject Deputy National Chairman by FreeStuffsNG: 4:37pm On Feb 23, 2022
Nwadike, 2011 Presidential candidate of the Peoples Mandate Party, PMP, gave his reason that with the position of the National Secretary that the South-East would have more energy, network to deepen the control of the South East, for the APC.

It seems he is fighting for himself and not the SE wink
Since the last APC National Organising Secretary, Alhaji (Arc.) Waziri Bulama from Borno is from the North East, the post should switch to SE ceteris paribus .

Perhap the reason APC did not allocate it to the SE is because the APC SE caucus is not a formidable, united and coordinated front to get the office. This is not a one-man hustle.

He alone can not deliver the deepening of the APC in the SE, besides the immediate priority of the APC is winning the 2023 elections and more effort and resources will be put in APC's strong geopolitical zone areas with huge number of registered voters.
Here's free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! https://www.nairaland.com/6666800/looking-business-ideas-money-fund. Cheers.

87 Likes 5 Shares

Re: APC Convention: Battle As South East Aspirants Reject Deputy National Chairman by Nonpartisan1: 4:39pm On Feb 23, 2022
Allocated to the South East:

South-East:
(Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu, Imo States)
1.Deputy National Chairman (S)
2.National Vice Chairman (SE)
3.National Treasurer
4.National Welfare Secretary
5.Deputy National Organizing Secretary
6.Zonal Secretary
7.Zonal Youth Leader
8.Zonal Organizing Secretary
9.Zonal Women Leader
10.Zonal Special (Persons with Disability- PWD) Leader

Fair Enough!

86 Likes 5 Shares

Re: APC Convention: Battle As South East Aspirants Reject Deputy National Chairman by BlazinGlory40: 4:40pm On Feb 23, 2022
Re: APC Convention: Battle As South East Aspirants Reject Deputy National Chairman by Emmdsa: 4:40pm On Feb 23, 2022
The IBO's are indirectly revolutionalising Nigeria.

People need to be reminded that Nigeria Belongs to all of us

17 Likes

Re: APC Convention: Battle As South East Aspirants Reject Deputy National Chairman by PrinceOfLagos: 4:41pm On Feb 23, 2022
South east are not sleeping like they used to

I will keep supporting them the little way I can from here

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Convention: Battle As South East Aspirants Reject Deputy National Chairman by Nonpartisan1: 4:43pm On Feb 23, 2022
South-West:

(Ekiti, Lagos, Ogun, Ondo, Osun & Oyo States)
1.National Secretary
2.National Vice Chairman (South-West)
3.National Youth Leader
4.Deputy National Auditor
5.Zonal Secretary
6.Zonal Youth Leader
7.Zonal Organizing Secretary
8.Zonal Women Leader
9. Zonal Special (Persons with Disability- PWD) Leader

77 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Convention: Battle As South East Aspirants Reject Deputy National Chairman by BlazinGlory40: 4:44pm On Feb 23, 2022
Emmdsa:

That post given to SE in APC NWC might be a blessing in disguise but many may not know. Let me not say further

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Convention: Battle As South East Aspirants Reject Deputy National Chairman by Nobody: 4:45pm On Feb 23, 2022
Igbos have no bargaining chips. Igbos have nothing that anyone wants. Biafra is the only resolution for Ndigbo.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Convention: Battle As South East Aspirants Reject Deputy National Chairman by Nonpartisan1: 4:46pm On Feb 23, 2022
South-South:

(Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Cross River, Delta, Edo and Rivers States)
1.National Vice Chairman (SS)
2.National Publicity Secretary
3.National Women Leader
4.Deputy National Treasurer
5.Deputy National Welfare Secretary
6.Zonal Secretary
7.Zonal Youth Leader
8.Zonal Organizing Secretary
9.Zonal Women Leader
10.Zonal Special (Persons with Disability- PWD) Leader

62 Likes

Re: APC Convention: Battle As South East Aspirants Reject Deputy National Chairman by Nonpartisan1: 4:47pm On Feb 23, 2022
jerseyboy:
Igbos have no bargaining chips. Igbos have nothing that anyone wants. Biafra is the only resolution for Ndigbo.

Why? Even with 2 APC governors?

67 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Convention: Battle As South East Aspirants Reject Deputy National Chairman by PrinceOfLagos: 4:48pm On Feb 23, 2022
BlazinGlory40:

That post given to SE in APC NWC might be a blessing in disguise but many may not know. Let me not say further
Have you suddenly abandoned Yoruba nation struggle because you want Buhari to hand over presidency to Tinubu?

I laugh una

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Convention: Battle As South East Aspirants Reject Deputy National Chairman by Pakute: 4:48pm On Feb 23, 2022
These clowns that cannot displace APGA & PDP in their region are demanding for the position of a National secretary. These clowns think that Presidential election is a tea party.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Convention: Battle As South East Aspirants Reject Deputy National Chairman by PrinceOfLagos: 4:49pm On Feb 23, 2022
Pakute:
These clowns that cannot displace APGA & PDP in their region are demanding for the position of a National secretary. These clowns think that Presidential election is a tea party.
Was that the reason Tinubu peed on his body ?

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Convention: Battle As South East Aspirants Reject Deputy National Chairman by BlazinGlory40: 4:51pm On Feb 23, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

Have you suddenly abandoned Yoruba nation struggle because you want Buhari to hand over presidency to Tinubu?

I laugh una

Next time before you quote someone, do a research of the person’s history on nairaland. I have never at anytime promoted tinubu or any other candidate here. So the joke is on you. Meanwhile that statement I made that you quoted is a very deep political secret that so many people haven’t unraveled. I leave it at that.

16 Likes

Re: APC Convention: Battle As South East Aspirants Reject Deputy National Chairman by PrinceOfLagos: 4:51pm On Feb 23, 2022
Emmdsa:

The igbos calmness made Tinubu and his useless urchins think they are the wisest in the south

The igbos are awake now and ready to play the game, let's see how it will end .

Thumbs up to the Igbos

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Convention: Battle As South East Aspirants Reject Deputy National Chairman by Pakute: 4:52pm On Feb 23, 2022
Nonpartisan1:

Why? Even with 2 APC governors?
One is a decampee while the other is a supreme Court beneficiary. I doubt if any of these two Governors can win an election for APC in their states.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Convention: Battle As South East Aspirants Reject Deputy National Chairman by PrinceOfLagos: 4:52pm On Feb 23, 2022
BlazinGlory40:

[s]Next time before you quote someone, do a research of the person’s history on nairaland. I have never at anytime promoted tinubu or any other candidate here. So the joke is on you. Meanwhile that statement I made that you quoted is a very deep political secret that so many people haven’t unraveled. I leave it at that.[/s]

Rubbish

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Convention: Battle As South East Aspirants Reject Deputy National Chairman by Wizlead: 4:52pm On Feb 23, 2022
Ok
Re: APC Convention: Battle As South East Aspirants Reject Deputy National Chairman by BlazinGlory40: 4:55pm On Feb 23, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

Rubbish

Why are you pained Mr man? Did I steal your wife? cheesy

Your response again still shows you don’t understand what I mean and you never will. No be every thing then Dey talk outside

24 Likes

Re: APC Convention: Battle As South East Aspirants Reject Deputy National Chairman by Nonpartisan1: 4:58pm On Feb 23, 2022
Pakute:

One is a decampee while the other is a supreme Court beneficiary. I doubt if any of these two Governors can win an election for APC in their states.

Dont say what you don't know. About 2 elections (1 Senatorial and 1 house rep) have been conducted since Hope became Governor and he won all them for the APC.

Umahi is very popular in Ebonyi state, and he has ran PDP under without even an office.

Don't mind all these ndimkpuru mmiri online.

66 Likes

Re: APC Convention: Battle As South East Aspirants Reject Deputy National Chairman by Penguin2: 5:00pm On Feb 23, 2022
Nothing concern me with Southeast getting National Secretary in APC.

What I’m after is Tinubu’s candidate not becoming National Chairman and that Tinubu himself doesn’t end up as APC presidential candidate.

Simple!

Ogbonnaya Onu
Nwajiuba
Umahi
Amaechi
Emefiele.

Any of these guys is ok by me and by my fellow sane Nigerians who have not sold their consciences to a urinating drug lord.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Convention: Battle As South East Aspirants Reject Deputy National Chairman by PrinceOfLagos: 5:02pm On Feb 23, 2022
Penguin2:

What I’m after is Tinubu’s candidate not becoming National Chairman and that Tinubu himself doesn’t end up as APC presidential candidate.

Simple!

Ogbonnaya Onu
Nwajiuba
Umahi
Amaechi
Emefiele.

Any of these guys is ok by me and by my fellow sane Nigerians who have not sold their consciences to a urinating drug lord.
Tinubu won't be APC presidential flag bearer

Don't even think about it

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Convention: Battle As South East Aspirants Reject Deputy National Chairman by Truthisunique2: 5:02pm On Feb 23, 2022
Yorubas have been allocated the slot of APC secretary because they are not getting president or vice

So anybody wanting secretary is on his own

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Convention: Battle As South East Aspirants Reject Deputy National Chairman by PressMyButton: 5:07pm On Feb 23, 2022
The positions have been zoned according to geographical strengths and permutations. So, if you're not satisfied with what you are given under Almajiri & Amala party, you can locate APGA.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Convention: Battle As South East Aspirants Reject Deputy National Chairman by Penguin2: 5:08pm On Feb 23, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

Tinubu won't be APC presidential flag bearer

Don't even think about it

And you know that’s all I’m out for bro!

Just that his urchins keep believing the impossible.

Nigerians don’t want Aso Rock to be polluted with urine for Pete’s sake.
Re: APC Convention: Battle As South East Aspirants Reject Deputy National Chairman by Truthisunique2: 5:08pm On Feb 23, 2022
Penguin2:

Simple!

Ogbonnaya Onu
Nwajiuba
Umahi
Amaechi
Emefiele.

he would not only miss chairman, president and vice president

Even the national secretary they zoned to compensate his region, the secretary won't be taken from his camp because they can't afford to have a mole of his in such crucial position

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Convention: Battle As South East Aspirants Reject Deputy National Chairman by PrinceOfLagos: 5:10pm On Feb 23, 2022
Penguin2:

His urchins are useless and hungry people

They've failed to read the hand writings on the wall
Dem go shock at what Buhari got in stock for them , wait for it .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Convention: Battle As South East Aspirants Reject Deputy National Chairman by BSsniffer: 5:11pm On Feb 23, 2022
Penguin2:

Simple!

Ogbonnaya Onu
Nwajiuba
Umahi
Amaechi
Emefiele.

Nyamiris and vindictiveness..... antagonist losers.

86 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Convention: Battle As South East Aspirants Reject Deputy National Chairman by walemoney007(m): 5:15pm On Feb 23, 2022
Penguin2:

Simple!

Ogbonnaya Onu
Nwajiuba
Umahi
Amaechi
Emefiele.

You talk as if you're a member of the APC grin

All this does not concern you man.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Convention: Battle As South East Aspirants Reject Deputy National Chairman by walemoney007(m): 5:16pm On Feb 23, 2022
Penguin2:

You guys said more than all this about Buhari

Some times, I do think some of you are acting like kids because this is a faceless forum.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Convention: Battle As South East Aspirants Reject Deputy National Chairman by PrinceOfLagos: 5:17pm On Feb 23, 2022
walemoney007:
You guys said more than all this about Buhari

Some times, I do think some of you are acting like kids because this is a faceless forum.
Buhari is not Tinubu

The difference

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Is Not An Islamic Emirate - TheCable / Holiday Enjoyment: Niger Delta Women Issue Akpabio One-month Ultimatum To Resign / KOGI UNDER SIEGE: Four Killed In Fresh Attack On Mosque

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.