Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,166 members, 7,849,601 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:23 AM

Julius Berger, Setraco, Others To Manage 12 Highways - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Julius Berger, Setraco, Others To Manage 12 Highways (20388 Views)

FG Shortlists Bidders For 12 Highways In Lagos, Kano, Others / FG Plans Tolling On 12 Highways / FG To Introduce Tollgates On 12 Highways (full List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Julius Berger, Setraco, Others To Manage 12 Highways by Timmi: 1:47pm On Feb 24, 2022
Optimistguy1969:
Leave road matter, na war dey come o

Na war dey come for your village and your household. I guess sense is no longer common in your family.
Re: Julius Berger, Setraco, Others To Manage 12 Highways by Adabestseason(m): 1:47pm On Feb 24, 2022
I really believe in this concession but the power sector is where there are a lot of problems.
Re: Julius Berger, Setraco, Others To Manage 12 Highways by emmatex2020: 1:56pm On Feb 24, 2022
This is good, let them manage it for us. We lack maintenance culture here in Nigeria. Just look at all the overhead bridges constructed by governor Wike in Port Harcourt, all the manhole stolen. Which kind lawless country is this?
Re: Julius Berger, Setraco, Others To Manage 12 Highways by GreaterFuture(m): 1:58pm On Feb 24, 2022
Newly Coupled Mercedes 911 dump truck (Tipper) For Sale.
10 tonnes
Colour: Green
Type: Tipper
Fuel type: Diesel
General State: Standard. Truck is in top condition.

Technical Features
Transmission: Manual
Power: 110 hp
No. of cylinders: 6
Cooling: Water cooling System.
Power Steering
Manual Gearbox

Wheel Arrangements
Front axle: Single tyres
Rear axle: Double tyres (six tyres total)
Equipped with shock absorbers at both front and rear axle

See Siggy if Interested..
Re: Julius Berger, Setraco, Others To Manage 12 Highways by NOETHNICITY(m): 2:03pm On Feb 24, 2022
mrvitalis:
Restructure this country allow states handle roads , education ,health and control their natural resources
How many road have ikpeazu of Abia state been able to build?
Dude waits to be paid monthly by the FG
Re: Julius Berger, Setraco, Others To Manage 12 Highways by asanausana91: 2:06pm On Feb 24, 2022
mrvitalis:

Local government is not important to us people don't feel any attachments to them ...relax

Remove local government and just leave state
you miss it. Local government is the government closer to the people,the reason why we are having issues in security and infrastructure is because we have killed our local government. The local government chairman may be able to know the needs of every village in a state, there are many township road that are supposed to be handle by local government. For example, just look at governor of lagos handling streets roads that is not up to 2kilometers.

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger, Setraco, Others To Manage 12 Highways by Nobody: 2:09pm On Feb 24, 2022
Xscape1993:
Not a bad one but it should be given to our indigenous companies ooo. Our local firms should be incharge ooo.

Julius berger is an indigenous company, so also are Setraco, BuA, Dangote, NNPC, LNG. Infact the only foreign company on that list is the Chinese Company.

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger, Setraco, Others To Manage 12 Highways by mrvitalis(m): 2:12pm On Feb 24, 2022
asanausana91:
you miss it. Local government is the government closer to the people,the reason why we are having issues in security and infrastructure is because we have killed our local government. The local government chairman may be able to know the needs of every village in a state, there are many township road that are supposed to be handle by local government. For example, just look at governor of lagos handling streets roads that is not up to 2kilometers.
When did you conduct this referendum ...Nigerians are not built for local government structure ...it's to alien to us
Re: Julius Berger, Setraco, Others To Manage 12 Highways by mrvitalis(m): 2:13pm On Feb 24, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
How many road have ikpeazu of Abia state been able to build?
Dude waits to be paid monthly by the FG
Certainly more than 100 roads ..how many has your governor done
Re: Julius Berger, Setraco, Others To Manage 12 Highways by Newness2019: 2:20pm On Feb 24, 2022
WHICH TWELVE ROADS ARE WE TALKING ABOUT FOR GOD SAKE?

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS TRIBALIZED MINISTER ? ARE WE FOOLS ?

NIGERIANS ARE NOT FOOLS.

IN A FOUR YEAR TENOR ADMINISTRATION, FOR INSTANCE, IT TOOK YOU TWO YEARS TO ARRANGE A CONCESSION FOR ROAD MANAGEMENT AND YOU ARE HAPPY ABOUT IT.

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger, Setraco, Others To Manage 12 Highways by mmsen: 2:20pm On Feb 24, 2022
WowSweetGuy:
Why not Chinese firms again na undecided

So a whole Nigeria can't handle anything themselves? Even ordinary road i fit design with my auto cad and supervise and we say we have Engineers?!

Shame

AKS can build and maintain roads. Not sure about the rest of the country.
Re: Julius Berger, Setraco, Others To Manage 12 Highways by Handsum64: 2:27pm On Feb 24, 2022
mrvitalis:
Restructure this country allow states handle roads , education ,health and control their natural resources
Have they handled the ones they are handling, infact, ask Ortom

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger, Setraco, Others To Manage 12 Highways by Lush100(m): 2:30pm On Feb 24, 2022
Bookmark this.
That Setraco thief thief govt draining company will be given a highway linking Abuja not too conspicuous for auditing
Re: Julius Berger, Setraco, Others To Manage 12 Highways by NOETHNICITY(m): 2:31pm On Feb 24, 2022
mrvitalis:

Certainly more than 100 roads ..how many has your governor done
My current governor is actually useless. PDP is a disaster. The one before the current one was APC, and he did wonders
Re: Julius Berger, Setraco, Others To Manage 12 Highways by OChimex: 2:35pm On Feb 24, 2022
Xscape1993:
Not a bad one but it should be given to our indigenous companies ooo. Our local firms should be incharge ooo.

Our mentality is bad, those indigenous companies will ruin it. Most times They are stupid, greedy and roguish at managing stuffs or handlinh businesss.

Talking from experiences...
Re: Julius Berger, Setraco, Others To Manage 12 Highways by Testimony1988(m): 2:40pm On Feb 24, 2022
Good idea.
Re: Julius Berger, Setraco, Others To Manage 12 Highways by oilmane(m): 2:42pm On Feb 24, 2022
mrvitalis:

By states I hope Delta state nor day among those states?

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger, Setraco, Others To Manage 12 Highways by Nobody: 2:49pm On Feb 24, 2022
mrvitalis:

When did you conduct this referendum ...Nigerians are not built for local government structure ...it's to alien to us
Na why we de where we dey so. Most of us are not prepared to pay taxes, yet we want govt to do this and that. If we have the zeal to pay taxes then we would be more active in demanding for good governance. If each city has a mayor or each loval govt has a chairman that is easily accessible, things would work. Its simple actually.
Re: Julius Berger, Setraco, Others To Manage 12 Highways by Olivertwist1985: 2:51pm On Feb 24, 2022
I fully support the move,especially the foreign companies. Our indigenous companies Will never improve the situations by destroy it more. Take a look at NEPA, PHCN is privately owned but you will pay bill without no light, you are the one to repair or buy another transformer if the one you have in area is faulty, or buy poles if you want light in your house etc, but all these things will not reduce your bill send to you at the end of the day.
Re: Julius Berger, Setraco, Others To Manage 12 Highways by asanausana91: 2:51pm On Feb 24, 2022
mrvitalis:

how old are you? I can still remember when our local government was performing maximally. Anyways, I don't blame you, you are just a kid.

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger, Setraco, Others To Manage 12 Highways by mrvitalis(m): 2:52pm On Feb 24, 2022
12rev:

Na why we de where we dey so. Most of us are not prepared to pay taxes, yet we want govt to do this and that. If we have the zeal to pay taxes then we would be more active in demanding for good governance. If each city has a mayor or each loval govt has a chairman that is easily accessible, things would work. Its simple actually.
Nigeria is strange ...why should I pay tax to Nigeria ...I have no affiliation to Nigeria

If we get Igbo nation not only Ami willing to pay 40% as tax I'm willing to report my neighbor if he doesn't pay

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger, Setraco, Others To Manage 12 Highways by Bluntemperor: 2:52pm On Feb 24, 2022
WowSweetGuy:
Why not Chinese firms again na undecided

So a whole Nigeria can't handle anything themselves? Even ordinary road i fit design with my auto cad and supervise and we say we have Engineers?!

Shame

Calling On Hon.Fashola- Ikorodu- Itoke Epe Road Needs Urgent Attention:
They know what they are doing!
When Engineers don't go to sites regularly but gets information from third parties to do works! Just imagine FERMA that cannot fixed roads but guess what Budget they yearly present?
- what is the quality of the Works- please,we are calling on the Hon.Minister if Works to come to the aid of Ikorodu People and Nigerians traveling from Sabo- in Ikorodu to Itoke bridge,after Agbowa.
- There are thousands of Pot-holes on this road and is a Death- Trap for other Nigerians going East ,West,or North.The road was first constructed over 20- Years ago!
God Bless Federal Republic of Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger, Setraco, Others To Manage 12 Highways by mrvitalis(m): 2:53pm On Feb 24, 2022
oilmane:

By states I hope Delta state nor day among those states?
Delta state makes over 1 trillion ..gets 200 billion max ...if it had all its money it would be 5 times better even with corruption
Re: Julius Berger, Setraco, Others To Manage 12 Highways by mrvitalis(m): 2:54pm On Feb 24, 2022
Handsum64:

Have they handled the ones they are handling, infact, ask Ortom
That's his peoples problem not mine
Re: Julius Berger, Setraco, Others To Manage 12 Highways by Nobody: 2:59pm On Feb 24, 2022
mrvitalis:
Nigeria is strange ...why should I pay tax to Nigeria ...I have no affiliation to Nigeria

If we get Igbo nation not only Ami willing to pay 40% as tax I'm willing to report my neighbor if he doesn't pay
Nigeria is "strange" because nothing is working, because systematically our leaders only care about free oil money and how much they have to squander. If the govt is restructured like you right pointed out, the fg may only be incharge of international relations and the armed forces perhaps. States regions and the lg should take care of power, communication, health care, security etc.
Re: Julius Berger, Setraco, Others To Manage 12 Highways by BigBashiru: 3:03pm On Feb 24, 2022
Xscape1993:

Reputation is what matters. Indeginous companies have a reputation for being lax and unserious - if its given to indigenous companies now, you would still be the ones shouting "Buhari is a disaster".

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger, Setraco, Others To Manage 12 Highways by mrvitalis(m): 3:05pm On Feb 24, 2022
12rev:

Nigeria is "strange" because nothing is working, because systematically our leaders only care about free oil money and how much they have to squander. If the govt is restructured like you right pointed out, the fg may only be incharge of international relations and the armed forces perhaps. States regions and the lg should take care of power, communication, health care, security etc.
Nigeria not working because it's strange not the other way
Re: Julius Berger, Setraco, Others To Manage 12 Highways by Nobody: 3:12pm On Feb 24, 2022
mrvitalis:

Nigeria not working because it's strange not the other way
The point is even if you have biafra today and you practice same style of govt like we have currently where everyone runs to abuja at the end of the month for free allocation without "doing anything productive", it would still be "strange".
Re: Julius Berger, Setraco, Others To Manage 12 Highways by Amah70: 3:13pm On Feb 24, 2022
mrvitalis:

Restructuring Nigeria to work?

No. These southern politicians are licking the ass of Northern politicians because of the political structure and unitary system established by northerners through Northern military dictators.
Re: Julius Berger, Setraco, Others To Manage 12 Highways by NGpatriot: 3:13pm On Feb 24, 2022
mrvitalis:

The superficial myth of restructuring and controlling your own resources doesn't mean you will see more projects or development than what you are seeing now.

The Delta collects a massive amount of funds from allocations to derivations and tons of billions for NDDC, with local people from the Delta in charge, the same region is competing with Lagos in terms of revenue generation, but there's absolutely nothing meaningful to show.

One NDDC director had so much money at his disposal that he spent N1 Billion on babalawo juju, even most of the projects and funds went to local people from reps to senators, loyalists and traditional rulers in return for invisible projects and hundreds of billions down the drain.

Resource control sounds good, but you have no clue per what you wish for, just imagine your local leaders now in charge and repeating what they've been doing without EFCC and other FG law enforcement agencies looking over their shoulders.

Before demanding and wishing for local management of your life and resources, ask yourself and your leaders how well they have managed the resource at their disposal today.

Local management and leadership won't change the fortunes of Abia and other badly managed parts of the country, stop fooling yourself with resource control, the problem is leadership, it's a meaningless and bandwagon phrase.
Re: Julius Berger, Setraco, Others To Manage 12 Highways by chukel(m): 3:17pm On Feb 24, 2022
ogododo:

No to TOLL ROADS, unless alternatives as done all over the world
have you ever travelled out of Nigeria?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Story That Didn't Hug The Headlines By Femi Adesina / Uyo Replaces Port Harcourt As Nigeria's 3rd Finest City / Arewa Youths Disown Hausa Hate Song , Demand arrest and prosecution of producers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.