Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,215 members, 7,829,357 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

Anti-War Protests Hit Russia Despite Attempts To Stifle Them - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Anti-War Protests Hit Russia Despite Attempts To Stifle Them (48003 Views)

Marina Ovsyannikova, Russian Anti-War Protester Interrupts News On State TV / 6,000 Detained Across Russia As Anti-War Protests Enter Fourth Day / Anti-War Protesters Gathered Outside The White House (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anti-War Protests Hit Russia Despite Attempts To Stifle Them by 9jakool: 11:57pm On Feb 25, 2022
Trojan8:
I thought some NL residents war tacticians were claiming it was just propaganda from the West
You are here supporting Putin, meanwhile you hate Buhari. For a country that imports majority of what it consumes, it has to be madness.
It took me a while to understand it, but some people in Nigeria have an authorian mindset and elect leaders who are no different, yet still complain. Those that are anti-west love Putin and equate his authoritarian actions as “strength”.

1 Like

Re: Anti-War Protests Hit Russia Despite Attempts To Stifle Them by WoundedLamb: 7:29am On Feb 26, 2022
luminouz:

Quote me when he starts attacking Lithuania, Latvia and other former Soviet countries that are part of NATO.

Your other points lose relevance when the exact same scenario played out when Russia wanted to make Cuba a base of operations. The US never wanted it and almost went to war on this same issue. Russia can't allow Ukraine to harbor NATO bases. What part of that fact can't you understand? The same scenario happened with Cuba and uncle Sam rejected that shiit. You keep shouting about my hatred for the US and that makes no sense because I'm just telling you the reality of what's on ground. International politics is never about emotions but economic interests. No sane country protects others' more than their own. Remove your own emotions and be objective.

All the noise you make on SM won't change the reality on ground. The most annoying part is that people like you hide behind your keyboards to sound woke but when it's time to take a gun to protect what's yours, you run off claiming human lives are sacred or some BS but the fact is wars are not fought or won on SM, but in real life. I have long accepted that fact. I gave you tons of scenario where the US went against the whole world and did shiit but you never wanted to talk about that. If you are so concerned about Putin and Ukraine, what of the innocent children in Kabul, those in Libya and those in Iraq? All orphaned by your precious Uncle Sam and her allies. Don't be blind to reality. There is enough blood on everyone's hands.

You bring passion and emotion to the table. Makes you very predictable.

First, the United States was not oppressing Cuba post independence prior to the invasion and the activities that led to it (1960 to 1961). Cuba did not romance Russia in order to defend itself against the US. Cuba offered its soil as a military base for the economic gains and for Castro's personal gains. Second, the US made use of Cuban exiles who targeted Castro's air fleet and not civilians. Third, Kennedy eventually made an offer that satisfied both parties. Fourth, virtually all the UN countries voted to condemn the US.

This is not to justify the actions of America (I couldn't care less about the US in this issue). This is to place facts side by side with the current situation since you're using the country as a yardstick. First, Ukraine has been tossed around by Russia for long and that's practically the reason they want to join NATO. At this point, telling Ukraine not to join NATO is not a solution cause you'd leave thier original issue unaddressed. Second, Putin is bombing civilians when he claimed he went in for peace keeping. Third, he's not proposing a reasonable exit solution. A reasonable solution would be one that ensures Ukraine's safety if it must not join NATO. The Budapest Memorandum was created to do just that. Guess what, it was the same Russia that violated the it. Fourth, the UN voted yesterday and the concensus was to condemn Russia just the way they stood with Cuba. What is wrong with that?

You said no country cares about others but themselves. Does this exclude Ukraine? Doesn't Ukraine also have the obligation to protect its people? Isn't that what they were doing by trying to join NATO? What exactly do you suggest they do cause they cannot simply be left at the mercy of Russia. The Budapest Memorandum has been shredded. Russia has annexed Crimea. Russia is in Ukraine now tearing the country down. And your response to all these is "United States of America is a terrible country. I have facts."

You keep talking about the US as if that's the country being invaded. Quit the obsession already. Ukraine is the country in question and regardless of whatever "facts" you have against the US, nothing justifies Putin's aggression towards Ukraine. People like me? Lol... Before, I was called brainwashed. Now I'm called woke. I don't know what next, but I'm choosing to ignore your fleepancies and concentrate on the subject. Maybe If you spent half the amount of energy you spend attacking me on actually addressing the subject too, you might eventually make some points.

2 Likes

Re: Anti-War Protests Hit Russia Despite Attempts To Stifle Them by luminouz(m): 10:45am On Feb 26, 2022
WoundedLamb:

First, the United States was not oppressing Cuba post independence prior to the invasion and the activities that led to it (1960 to 1961). Cuba did not romance Russia in order to defend itself against the US. Cuba offered its soil as a military base for the economic gains and for Castro's personal gains. Second, the US made use of Cuban exiles who targeted Castro's air fleet and not civilians. Third, Kennedy eventually made an offer that satisfied both parties. Fourth, virtually all the UN countries voted to condemn the US.

This is not to justify the actions of America (I couldn't care less about the US in this issue). This is to place facts side by side with the current situation since you're using the country as a yardstick. First, Ukraine has been tossed around by Russia for long and that's practically the reason they want to join NATO. At this point, telling Ukraine not to join NATO is not a solution cause you'd leave thier original issue unaddressed. Second, Putin is bombing civilians when he claimed he went in for peace keeping. Third, he's not proposing a reasonable exit solution. A reasonable solution would be one that ensures Ukraine's safety if it must not join NATO. The Budapest Memorandum was created to do just that. Guess what, it was the same Russia that violated the it. Fourth, the UN voted yesterday and the concensus was to condemn Russia just the way they stood with Cuba. What is wrong with that?

You said no country cares about others but themselves. Does this exclude Ukraine? Doesn't Ukraine also have the obligation to protect its people? Isn't that what they were doing by trying to join NATO? What exactly do you suggest they do cause they cannot simply be left at the mercy of Russia. The Budapest Memorandum has been shredded. Russia has annexed Crimea. Russia is in Ukraine now tearing the country down. And your response to all these is "United States of America is a terrible country. I have facts."

You keep talking about the US as if that's the country being invaded. Quit the obsession already. Ukraine is the country in question and regardless of whatever "facts" you have against the US, nothing justifies Putin's aggression towards Ukraine. People like me? Lol... Before, I was called brainwashed. Now I'm called woke. I don't know what next, but I'm choosing to ignore your fleepancies and concentrate on the subject. Maybe If you spent half the amount of energy you spend attacking me on actually addressing the subject too, you might eventually make some points.
I have made all the points I need to make.
Quote me when Putin invades Lithuania and Latvia...then we will have this debate again.

Sayonara
Re: Anti-War Protests Hit Russia Despite Attempts To Stifle Them by WoundedLamb: 2:52pm On Feb 26, 2022
luminouz:

Quote me when Putin invades Lithuania and Latvia...then we will have this debate again.

Sayonara

Of course, I was not really expecting any strong argument from you cause you were obviously just throwing to see what sticks. Civilians are being killed in Ukraine and you're telling me the US history as a justification. Before, y'all said he wouldn't invade Ukraine. Now he has, y'all have stretched it to "quote me when he invades others". As if I'd wish for him to do that just so I'd score some cheap points. Those countries you mentioned are NATO members. They realized the endgame early enough and ran to safety just like other neighbours. Ukraine took the decision late and they're paying for it. Putin is cutting the country like some cake one piece at a time, and people like you believe this is a great idea.

Putin might have just invaded Ukraine but his aggression towards the country didn't start today. He pushed the country to the wall and he's asking them to break it and keep moving. I repeat, there's no justification for this continued aggression. The West is not the only part of the world against him. The world is seeing this and he'll definitely pay for it.

2 Likes

Re: Anti-War Protests Hit Russia Despite Attempts To Stifle Them by luminouz(m): 3:22pm On Feb 26, 2022
WoundedLamb:

Of course, I was not really expecting any strong argument from you cause you were obviously just throwing to see what sticks. Civilians are being killed in Ukraine and you're telling me the US history as a justification. Before, y'all said he wouldn't invade Ukraine. Now he has, y'all have stretched it to "quote me when he invades others". As if I'd wish for him to do that just so I'd score some cheap points. Those countries you mentioned are NATO members. They realized the endgame early enough and ran to safety just like other neighbours. Ukraine took the decision late and they're paying for it. Putin is cutting the country like some cake one piece at a time, and people like you believe this is a great idea.

Putin might have just invaded Ukraine but his aggression towards the country didn't start today. He pushed the country to the wall and he's asking them to break it and keep moving. I repeat, there's no justification for this continued aggression. The West is not the only part of the world against him. The world is seeing this and he'll definitely pay for it.
K
Re: Anti-War Protests Hit Russia Despite Attempts To Stifle Them by Techguy96(m): 12:31am On Feb 27, 2022
foolbuster:

If using your common sense wasn't such a big deal for you, you would know Russia can't just invade Ukraine in 2022 for chrisakes without provocation.
But if you really had a brain you would know the US and its allies don't give a crap about Ukraine or its people or sovereignty. Clown
You don't have sense at all, if u think Russia is right for invading Ukraine.
Re: Anti-War Protests Hit Russia Despite Attempts To Stifle Them by Techguy96(m): 12:36am On Feb 27, 2022
luminouz:

Sayonara
You have been schooled.
Re: Anti-War Protests Hit Russia Despite Attempts To Stifle Them by Techguy96(m): 12:38am On Feb 27, 2022
9jakool:

It took me a while to understand it, but some people in Nigeria have an authorian mindset and elect leaders who are no different, yet still complain. Those that are anti-west love Putin and equate his authoritarian actions as “strength”.
Some Nigerians are even on Twitter defending and praising Gaddafi. Same Nigerians who claim abacha was their worst nightmare.

I nor understand people for this country o.
Re: Anti-War Protests Hit Russia Despite Attempts To Stifle Them by luminouz(m): 12:49am On Feb 27, 2022
Techguy96:

You have been schooled.
K
Re: Anti-War Protests Hit Russia Despite Attempts To Stifle Them by foolbuster: 8:41am On Feb 27, 2022
Techguy96:

You don't have sense at all, if u think Russia is right for invading Ukraine.

And you are even more daft if you think Russia a world power would just continue barking as NATO uses foolish ukraine to try and emasculate Russia.
Provoking Russia then playing victim won't save Ukraine it will only draw sympathy from dumb brainwashed people like you courtesy western media.

People can curse and yell at putin all they want, but fact is people can't do shit. Russia has already reached the Ukrainian capital its only a matter of time before it is taken.
Re: Anti-War Protests Hit Russia Despite Attempts To Stifle Them by Techguy96(m): 10:31am On Feb 27, 2022
foolbuster:

And you are even more daft if you think Russia a world power would just continue barking as NATO uses foolish ukraine to try and emasculate Russia.
Provoking Russia then playing victim won't save Ukraine it will only draw sympathy from dumb brainwashed people like you courtesy western media.

People can curse and yell at putin all they want, but fact is people can't do shit. Russia has already reached the Ukrainian capital its only a matter of time before it is taken.

How did they provoke Russia?
Re: Anti-War Protests Hit Russia Despite Attempts To Stifle Them by foolbuster: 11:00am On Feb 27, 2022
Techguy96:

How did they provoke Russia?

By stupidly allowing themselves to be used by the west via NATO.
Re: Anti-War Protests Hit Russia Despite Attempts To Stifle Them by Techguy96(m): 11:02am On Feb 27, 2022
foolbuster:

By stupidly allowing themselves to be used by the west via NATO.
Use as how, common go in details. U have not explain anything yet

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Donald Trump Blasts CNN Reporter On Live TV: "You Work For A Fake News Agency" / Picture Of The Russian Ship 'Moskva' Destroyed By Ukrainian Missiles / Yahya Jammeh Flees As West African Troops Enter Gambia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.