Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,265 members, 7,829,540 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Anti-War Protests Hit Russia Despite Attempts To Stifle Them - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Anti-War Protests Hit Russia Despite Attempts To Stifle Them (48006 Views)

Marina Ovsyannikova, Russian Anti-War Protester Interrupts News On State TV / 6,000 Detained Across Russia As Anti-War Protests Enter Fourth Day / Anti-War Protesters Gathered Outside The White House (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anti-War Protests Hit Russia Despite Attempts To Stifle Them by luminouz(m): 10:36pm On Feb 24, 2022
bepositive11:

They don't use force on their allies. That's what I mean. Russia wants Ukraine on their side but they're going to war to get them to cooperate
Really? And when dialogue failed and their next door neighbor wants a base with possibility of nuclear capabilities from their enemies, they should fold their arms and start drinking zobo?
Isnt it clear that dialogue had failed before this invasion last resort?

Funny enough, it's Putin that's now calling for negotiations after invading Ukraine.
Re: Anti-War Protests Hit Russia Despite Attempts To Stifle Them by Bluntemperor: 10:54pm On Feb 24, 2022
CharleyBright:
Good.
Putin goofed by attacking Ukraine despite saying severally that he does not intend to invade Ukraine.
Nothing is as bad as a leader losing the support of his citizens.
He can never be trusted among league of Nations.
Putin is like a man whom the gods wants to destroy be first making to go mad.
He will go down in the anal of history like HITLER.

Unfortunately, while Russian nationals are condemning Putin, some wicked Nigerian youths are supporting Putin.
No right thinking mind will support Putin action of attacking after he said severally he won't.
Re: Anti-War Protests Hit Russia Despite Attempts To Stifle Them by babajero(m): 11:01pm On Feb 24, 2022
Mooh247:
cool

This few people in the whole of Russia

They can do better

Russia and Ukraine are Solviet brothers, with similar ethnicity

Ukraine allowed Evil America atleast 500 miles away to decieve them and push them into a war without meaningful back up

Aboki just calm down till e reach Africa by then we go know where people like you go hide. Hatred because of religion is the greatest evil in life.
Re: Anti-War Protests Hit Russia Despite Attempts To Stifle Them by Mooh247: 11:05pm On Feb 24, 2022
babajero:
Aboki just calm down till e reach Africa by then we go know where people like you go hide. Hatred because of religion is the greatest evil in life.

It takes a special kind of stupidity and a dose of hopelessness to attempt to link international politics to religion
Re: Anti-War Protests Hit Russia Despite Attempts To Stifle Them by Jokerman(m): 11:11pm On Feb 24, 2022
CSTRR:
And Putin claims to be a Bible believing Christian.

I wonder what his Bible teaches him.

Lol..... grin.... you'd be surprised how many people twist the Bible to suit their war mongering and doom narratives... we have such on nairaland
Re: Anti-War Protests Hit Russia Despite Attempts To Stifle Them by Dan18(m): 11:45pm On Feb 24, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
I repeat no sensible person will support Russia and Putin evil..
Can you see the citizens are protesting while some buzzos on nairaland are supporting him cos they hate west..west didn't give your Religion ability to kill at free will.. while some is cos they are fighting for their so called freedom.. clueless beings..
Cos Russia is invading Ukraine you are bringing up your so called freedom fight and nonsense?it doesn't work that way..you know what I am talking about you..

Evil is evil nothing can change that..no matter how Putin try we will never watch him achieve his evil motive.. he's nothing but a disaster to humanity..
The west you hating on is indirectly the reason most of you are alive today...

So putin is evil, but the whole US govt as whole isn't

Re: Anti-War Protests Hit Russia Despite Attempts To Stifle Them by WoundedLamb: 11:54pm On Feb 24, 2022
luminouz:

This ain't just it.
Your precious US should answer for Iraq, Libya and Afghanistan first. You are always a proponent for freedom but uncle Sam is the biggest freedom fraud there is. Why can't you see that? Selective amnesia?

Uncle Sam is a freedom fraud so Putin is right to invade Ukraine.

Does this statement above make any sense to you? How does the premise support the conclusion? Honestly, the way you guys argue sometimes is mind blowing. It just goes to show that you're so US obsessed that you're willing to let Russia crush Ukraine because US is not a saint. How does this logic work? Is US the only country against Russian moves? Russia is making a move to forcefully recreate the old USSR and you're defence is, United States of America is not a saint. Putin is not fighting terrorism in Iraq or anywhere else, he's killing civilians in a country whose citizens are related to his own people. Call a spade a spade. You don't need to be pro US to acknowledge he's erring. I give up.

1 Like

Re: Anti-War Protests Hit Russia Despite Attempts To Stifle Them by babajero(m): 11:58pm On Feb 24, 2022
Mooh247:

It takes a special kind of stupidity and a dose of hopelessness to attempt to link international politics to religion
Muslims your brain are wired to religion, all the fight you people have fought or supported is attached to religion.
Re: Anti-War Protests Hit Russia Despite Attempts To Stifle Them by Mooh247: 12:08am On Feb 25, 2022
babajero:
Muslims your brain are wired to religion, all the fight you people have fought or supported is attached to religion.

Niggar please stop quoting me, find your peers in religious bigotry and argue with them
Re: Anti-War Protests Hit Russia Despite Attempts To Stifle Them by goodheart01: 12:57am On Feb 25, 2022
Trojan8:
I thought some NL residents war tacticians were claiming it was just propaganda from the West
You are here supporting Putin, meanwhile you hate Buhari. For a country that imports majority of what it consumes, it has to be madness.

Don’t mind the idiots. If u give them Russian visa now they will reject it and prefer to go with an American visa
Re: Anti-War Protests Hit Russia Despite Attempts To Stifle Them by goodheart01: 1:01am On Feb 25, 2022
Quelme:
Western propaganda in full swing!!!

People like u make me vomit with sickness. Everything is a propaganda to u because it’s the West. Even if they shove the truth down your throat you’ll still scream propaganda. I guess those protests are film tricks or graphic works abi?? Even Russian citizens are protesting yet you’re here acting more Russian than the Russians themselves
Re: Anti-War Protests Hit Russia Despite Attempts To Stifle Them by Dybala11(m): 1:37am On Feb 25, 2022
Quelme:
Western propaganda in full swing!!!
Na you sabi o, you lots said it's Western propaganda when the media reported that CIA and the US government have confirmed that Russia will attack Ukraine. grin

There's pictorial evidence there oga, the only argument you could have tabled is that it's just a fraction of the Russian population that participated in that protest. It's difficult sometimes to get the support of all citizens on certain policy.
Re: Anti-War Protests Hit Russia Despite Attempts To Stifle Them by Kingspin(m): 2:23am On Feb 25, 2022
TheABOMINATION:

Putin has said that Russia is ready to negotiate with Ukraine. But the president of Ukraine is stubborn and insist on continuing in the path against Russia.
Which path? That Putin hear Ukraine want join NATO.
Is that enough reasona to invade and killing innocent people?
Imagine if Nigeria is invaded like that?
Putin have no go to attack Ukraine, na by force
Re: Anti-War Protests Hit Russia Despite Attempts To Stifle Them by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 4:37am On Feb 25, 2022
Mooh247:
cool

This few people in the whole of Russia

They can do better

Russia and Ukraine are Solviet brothers, with similar ethnicity

Ukraine allowed Evil America atleast 500 miles away to decieve them and push them into a war without meaningful back up

Lol grin
Re: Anti-War Protests Hit Russia Despite Attempts To Stifle Them by foolbuster: 7:29am On Feb 25, 2022
Techguy96:

The decision to join NATO was Ukraine not NATO.
Funny enough NATO has not accepted them yet.
But u think it's right for Russia to make decisions on behalf of Ukraine. Clown

If using your common sense wasn't such a big deal for you, you would know Russia can't just invade Ukraine in 2022 for chrisakes without provocation.
But if you really had a brain you would know the US and its allies don't give a crap about Ukraine or its people or sovereignty. Clown
Re: Anti-War Protests Hit Russia Despite Attempts To Stifle Them by Charly68: 7:39am On Feb 25, 2022
I think the president must be smart so as not to waste him like they did to Gadafi
Re: Anti-War Protests Hit Russia Despite Attempts To Stifle Them by luminouz(m): 9:22am On Feb 25, 2022
WoundedLamb:

Uncle Sam is a freedom fraud so Putin is right to invade Ukraine.

Does this statement above make any sense to you? How does the premise support the conclusion? Honestly, the way you guys argue sometimes is mind blowing. It just goes to show that you're so US obsessed that you're willing to let Russia crush Ukraine because US is not a saint. How does this logic work? Is US the only country against Russian moves? Russia is making a move to forcefully recreate the old USSR and you're defence is, United States of America is not a saint. Putin is not fighting terrorism in Iraq or anywhere else, he's killing civilians in a country whose citizens are related to his own people. Call a spade a spade. You don't need to be pro US to acknowledge he's erring. I give up.
Lmaoooooo....
You still don't know how the world works, sadly.

Hey, but you will learn in due time that no country gives a fuq about any other country but their own.
Re: Anti-War Protests Hit Russia Despite Attempts To Stifle Them by bepositive11: 9:25am On Feb 25, 2022
luminouz:

Really? And when dialogue failed and their next door neighbor wants a base with possibility of nuclear capabilities from their enemies, they should fold their arms and start drinking zobo?
Isnt it clear that dialogue had failed before this invasion last resort?

Funny enough, it's Putin that's now calling for negotiations after invading Ukraine.

Nothing can justify Russia's invasion. Even if Ukraine decides to accommodate soldiers of all Russian enemies, Russia has no right to intervene. Russia should protect Russia from Russia

Why is Russia so scared of NATO in the first place? If they were doing everything right, would they have had a problem in the first place? Russian citizens themselves will support their president. Look at the situation now though. Even Russians are protesting against the invasion in Russia
Re: Anti-War Protests Hit Russia Despite Attempts To Stifle Them by peteradamu: 9:26am On Feb 25, 2022
NO TO WAR!
Re: Anti-War Protests Hit Russia Despite Attempts To Stifle Them by luminouz(m): 9:29am On Feb 25, 2022
bepositive11:

Nothing can justify Russia's invasion. Even if Ukraine decides to accommodate soldiers of all Russian enemies, Russia has no right to intervene. Russia should protect Russia from Russia

Why is Russia so scared of NATO in the first place? If they were doing everything right, would they have had a problem in the first place? Russian citizens themselves will support their president. Look at the situation now though. Even Russians are protesting against the invasion in Russia
Are you for real shocked
You are asking why Russia is scared of NATO unless they did something wrong?
What dafuq are you, 12? grin

You don't understand world politics and worst of all, you are naive about history too.

Please, continue supporting Ukraine while your own people die from Boko Haram and the likes. Last last, everyone go dey alright.
Re: Anti-War Protests Hit Russia Despite Attempts To Stifle Them by babajero(m): 9:30am On Feb 25, 2022
Mooh247:

Niggar please stop quoting me, find your peers in religious bigotry and argue with them
Thank God nothing like online bomb or online suicide bomber.
Re: Anti-War Protests Hit Russia Despite Attempts To Stifle Them by bepositive11: 9:35am On Feb 25, 2022
luminouz:

Are you for real shocked
You are asking why Russia is scared of NATO unless they did something wrong?
What dafuq are you, 12? grin

You don't understand world politics and worst of all, you are naive about history too.

Please, continue supporting Ukraine while your own people die from Boko Haram and the likes. Last last, everyone go dey alright.

You misunderstood my question. What is the reason they're scared of NATO coming close to their borders? Is it not because of how they're conducting themselves? If they played fair, would NATO have been a concern?
Re: Anti-War Protests Hit Russia Despite Attempts To Stifle Them by luminouz(m): 9:44am On Feb 25, 2022
bepositive11:

You misunderstood my question. What is the reason they're scared of NATO coming close to their borders? Is it not because of how they're conducting themselves? If they played fair, would NATO have been a concern?

Sighs

Dude or babe or whichever.... Please try and goggle this question ok? It shows you really need to know much about world politics and I'm too busy to even start explaining the long history between Russia and NATO.

One love
Re: Anti-War Protests Hit Russia Despite Attempts To Stifle Them by Adek15(m): 10:00am On Feb 25, 2022
A305:
Azzholes crowd mentality.

Morally, it's indecent to kill other people but regardless, you have to go to war or be besiege by the enemy and then be submissive to the enemy.

NATO has continued to violate the agreement made with Russia/UN in 1990 not to expand in Europe as this will make Russia feel threatened for thier own security. NATO has violated that agreement 14 times since 1990 and now have reached Russia's door-step which is Ukraine.

At the time of that initial agreement; Putin was a spy and intel officer for the now dissolved soviet union and withnessed everything.

Now you telling the man to calm down and let the West take over his territory front-line over some silly NATO alliance and then claim world dominace.

The last straw for Ukraine was when thier President declared he would make Ukraine a nuclear nation again after he joins NATO — and you expect Putin to sit back and watch that happen?

verbal agreement that wasn't documented. That agreement is false from all available indications
Re: Anti-War Protests Hit Russia Despite Attempts To Stifle Them by CharleyBright(m): 12:55pm On Feb 25, 2022
luminouz:

Of course not!! I will sit on your black face and shiit on it too.
Carry this same energy to attack your leaders who have wasted the future of Nigerian youths. But you won't because you are a coward. Are you sure your moniker shouldn't be charleydimwiiit?
Ukraine and Russia don't give two fuqd about you. To them, you are a talking monkey, Get that into your thickass skull, will you?

Hahahahahaha,
Luninous, sounds Western doesn't it?
I thought you would have changed that to a native name by today since you hate anything Western.
Hahahaha, you won't.
Because your slowpoke native name won't make sense for your stupid brain.
Like I advised u earlier, if don't like anything Western, don't use anything Western.
And if you do, don't rant your foul mouth against them because your country producesd almost all you use in your country. Meaning ....without the West your country can't survive.
Re: Anti-War Protests Hit Russia Despite Attempts To Stifle Them by luminouz(m): 2:55pm On Feb 25, 2022
CharleyBright:

Hahahahahaha,
Luninous, sounds Western doesn't it?
I thought you would have changed that to a native name by today since you hate anything Western.
Hahahaha, you won't.
Because your slowpoke native name won't make sense for your stupid brain.
Like I advised u earlier, if don't like anything Western, don't use anything Western.
And if you do, don't rant your foul mouth against them because your country producesd almost all you use in your country. Meaning ....without the West your country can't survive.
Ok...charleydiimwiit...

Byeeee
Re: Anti-War Protests Hit Russia Despite Attempts To Stifle Them by bepositive11: 3:36pm On Feb 25, 2022
luminouz:

Sighs

Dude or babe or whichever.... Please try and goggle this question ok? It shows you really need to know much about world politics and I'm too busy to even start explaining the long history between Russia and NATO.

One love

Ok. I will learn more about the history between Russia and NATO. Peace
Re: Anti-War Protests Hit Russia Despite Attempts To Stifle Them by WoundedLamb: 8:58pm On Feb 25, 2022
luminouz:

Lmaoooooo....
You still don't know how the world works, sadly.

Hey, but you will learn in due time that no country gives a fuq about any other country but their own.

Lol... you guys type like this when you've got no logical response. Accept it is not, Putin's actions are impossible to justify.

1 Like

Re: Anti-War Protests Hit Russia Despite Attempts To Stifle Them by luminouz(m): 9:16pm On Feb 25, 2022
WoundedLamb:

Lol... you guys type like this when you've got no logical response. Accept it is not, Putin's actions are impossible to justify.
Nope....you still need to be objective and use your nose to smell the coffee.
Everything I have given you has been logical. You are the one bleeding your emotions all over the thread. Putin wants no old USSR. He just wants a demilitarized Ukraine and he is even the one calling for talks right now, despite everything.

I heard you stay abroad in Canada or US or some place like that. Maybe that skewered your thinking about Uncle Sam.
Re: Anti-War Protests Hit Russia Despite Attempts To Stifle Them by WoundedLamb: 10:20pm On Feb 25, 2022
luminouz:

Nope....you still need to be objective and use your nose to smell the coffee.
Everything I have given you has been logical. You are the one bleeding your emotions all over the thread. Putin wants no old USSR. He just wants a demilitarized Ukraine and he is even the one calling for talks right now, despite everything.

I heard you stay abroad in Canada or US or some place like that. Maybe that skewered your thinking about Uncle Sam.

What demilitarize? Is there any NATO force in Ukraine yet? Or are you saying Ukraine should get rid of thier own military to satisfy Russia?

Your hatred for the US is the only thing feeding your judgment and you're the one talking about emotions. You go around accusing people of being brainwashed by the media or not knowing how the world works. But at the end, you're not saying anything. Yes, I live in North America but I've also lived in the Middle East. My Mandarin is fairly good. I've lived with people from the two sides of the divide and I do not believe you're in a position to school me on how the world works. I also don't believe you've listened to as much diverse media as myself. So just stop with the stale tale and bring more to the table already.

Why does Ukraine want to join NATO? What was the relationship between Russia and Ukraine like before Ukraine indicated interest to join NATO? Russia wants to dictate to Ukraine not to seek help when they're being oppressed and your "logical" solution to that is that Ukraine should remain at their mercy? Does NATO need Ukraine to spy on Russia? Before it was "Russia will never invade Ukrain. It is western propaganda". Now, they have done it and the tone has changed to "Russia does not want old USSR". It is happening before you and I'm sure you'd find something else to say when that happens.

His team was in a meeting with the EU a day before the invasion where the Minsk agreement was discussed. And then the next day, he invaded Ukraine on the grounds of peace keeping. He said he was going in for peace keeping and to recognize the independence of the secessionists only for him to eventually spread out into the entire country. Why being phony? Because he knows Ukraine nursing the idea of joining NATO does not justify the kind of havoc he had planned for them. He knew if he had mentioned that as a reason, the question would be, why act so fast? Why not wait till Ukraine actually crosses the red line by signing the membership documents? Or will the missiles be planted the next day? From all indications, he had made up his mind on this long ago and he's moving fast now cause it would be more difficult if Ukraine joined NATO.

His Spy Chief made the endgoal clear when he said "I support the proposal to incorporate the Donetsk and Luhansk people’s republic into the Russian Federation" before Putin cut him short. He has already annexed Crimea. We all know his ambitions. Whether it's termed USSR or not does not matter. He just wants to control that block forcefully and it won't work cause democratic countries cannot answer to authoritarian leadership. This is not how to be a block power.

1 Like

Re: Anti-War Protests Hit Russia Despite Attempts To Stifle Them by luminouz(m): 11:37pm On Feb 25, 2022
WoundedLamb:

What demilitarize? Is there any NATO force in Ukraine yet? Or are you saying Ukraine should get rid of thier own military to satisfy Russia?

Your hatred for the US is the only thing feeding your judgment and you're the one talking about emotions. You go around accusing people of being brainwashed by the media or not knowing how the world works. But at the end, you're not saying anything. Yes, I live in North America but I've also lived in the Middle East. My Mandarin is fairly good. I've lived with people from the two sides of the divide and I do not believe you're in a position to school me on how the world works. I also don't believe you've listened to as much diverse media as myself. So just stop with the stale tale and bring more to the table already.

Why does Ukraine want to join NATO? What was the relationship between Russia and Ukraine like before Ukraine indicated interest to join NATO? Russia wants to dictate to Ukraine not to seek help when they're being oppressed and your "logical" solution to that is that Ukraine should remain at their mercy? Does NATO need Ukraine to spy on Russia? Before it was "Russia will never invade Ukrain. It is western propaganda". Now, they have done it and the tone has changed to "Russia does not want old USSR". It is happening before you and I'm sure you'd find something else to say when that happens.

His team was in a meeting with the EU a day before the invasion where the Minsk agreement was discussed. And then the next day, he invaded Ukraine on the grounds of peace keeping. He said he was going in for peace keeping and to recognize the independence of the secessionists only for him to eventually spread out into the entire country. Why being phony? Because he knows Ukraine nursing the idea of joining NATO does not justify the kind of havoc he had planned for them. He knew if he had mentioned that as a reason, the question would be, why act so fast? Why not wait till Ukraine actually crosses the red line by signing the membership documents? Or will the missiles be planted the next day? From all indications, he had made up his mind on this long ago and he's moving fast now cause it would be more difficult if Ukraine joined NATO.

His Spy Chief made the endgoal clear when he said "I support the proposal to incorporate the Donetsk and Luhansk people’s republic into the Russian Federation" before Putin cut him short. He has already annexed Crimea. We all know his ambitions. Whether it's termed USSR or not does not matter. He just wants to control that block forcefully and it won't work cause democratic countries cannot answer to authoritarian leadership. This is not how to be a block power.

Quote me when he starts attacking Lithuania, Latvia and other former Soviet countries that are part of NATO.

Your other points lose relevance when the exact same scenario played out when Russia wanted to make Cuba a base of operations. The US never wanted it and almost went to war on this same issue. Russia can't allow Ukraine to harbor NATO bases. What part of that fact can't you understand? The same scenario happened with Cuba and uncle Sam rejected that shiit. You keep shouting about my hatred for the US and that makes no sense because I'm just telling you the reality of what's on ground. International politics is never about emotions but economic interests. No sane country protects others' more than their own. Remove your own emotions and be objective.

All the noise you make on SM won't change the reality on ground. The most annoying part is that people like you hide behind your keyboards to sound woke but when it's time to take a gun to protect what's yours, you run off claiming human lives are sacred or some BS but the fact is wars are not fought or won on SM, but in real life. I have long accepted that fact. I gave you tons of scenario where the US went against the whole world and did shiit but you never wanted to talk about that. If you are so concerned about Putin and Ukraine, what of the innocent children in Kabul, those in Libya and those in Iraq? All orphaned by your precious Uncle Sam and her allies. Don't be blind to reality. There is enough blood on everyone's hands.

You bring passion and emotion to the table. Makes you very predictable.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Picture Of The Russian Ship 'Moskva' Destroyed By Ukrainian Missiles / Donald Trump Blasts CNN Reporter On Live TV: "You Work For A Fake News Agency" / Yahya Jammeh Flees As West African Troops Enter Gambia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.