Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,905 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

Abdulazeez Ganduje Threatens Legal Action Against Father Over ₦190m Deal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abdulazeez Ganduje Threatens Legal Action Against Father Over ₦190m Deal (38879 Views)

17-Year-Old Zainab Abu Marries Boko Haram Member Against Father's Wish In Niger / Abdulazeez, Ganduje’s Son Flees To Egypt After Reporting His Mother To EFCC / Mosque Demolition: Ganduje Threatens Wike With Legal Action, Despite Denial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abdulazeez Ganduje Threatens Legal Action Against Father Over ₦190m Deal by Bari22: 6:20pm On Feb 25, 2022
Ganduje’s son threatens legal action against father over payment in N190m contract deal

Abdulazeez Ganduje, the eldest son of the governor of Kano State, Abdullahi Ganduje, has threatened to legal action against the government of his father for failure to pay the sum of N82 million to his company, Global Firm Nigeria Limited, being final payment of a contract he executed.

DAILY NIGERIAN exclusively gathered that on February 13, 2020, Mr Ganduje approved contract for “CONVERSION OF MARIRI REHABILITATION CENTER TO IDP GIRLS SCIENCE AND TECHNICAL COLLEGE” to his son’s company at the cost of N189,913,590.54.

On May 7, 2021, the company was paid N94,556,795.27 through referral payment from the state Ministry of Local Government, representing 50 percent of the contract sum, leaving the balance of 50 percent.

After a downward review the contract by the ministry to the tune of N177,619,259.36, another contract for the the supply of computers and furniture for the administrative block and entrepreneurship items at the cost of 12,294,331.23 was awarded to the company to cover the deficit.

But to Abdulazeez’s dismay, his father refused to approve the final payment of N82,662,464.04, despite allegedly executing the project, writing to the ministries concerned and involvement of some associates of the governor.

Insiders told DAILY NIGERIAN that the governor’s refusal to approve the payment might not be unconnected with Abdulazeez’s September 2021 petition to the EFCC against his mother, Hafsat Ganduje, in a bungled multi-million naira deal he (Abdulaziz) facilitated.

In a letter addressed to the Ministry of Education and seen by DAILY NIGERIAN, Abdulazeez’s solicitors demanded payment of N82,662,464.04 within seven days or take legal action.

When contacted, the governor’s son confirmed his resolve to take legal action over the issue, but said his father refused to approve the payment over his (Abdulaziz) refusal to give kickback in cash to Ganduje Foundation.

“I’m a very peaceful person. I did my best and explored all peaceful options to get the payment of my money, about N83 million, to no avail.

“I have not been paid either because of the petition I wrote against Goggo (his mother) or my refusal to give part of the money to Ganduje Foundation as kickback.

“I said I would not give cash, but donate materials to the foundation. But they insisted that I must donate money to the foundation and I swear to God that I will not.

“This is the money that I worked hard for. I executed the project diligently at the Mariri IDP centre. I have been waiting patiently to receive this money but there is no sign of paying it to me,” Abdulazeez added.

The state commissioner for Information Mohammed Garba did not respond to DAILY NIGERIAN inquiry on the matter.

Mr Ganduje was previously exposed in a kick-back collection scandal in October 2018 when DAILY NIGERIAN published a series of videos showing the governor collecting money from a government contractor.

The executive secretary of the Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption, PACAC, Sadiq Radda, on Thursday said Mr Ganduje has several questions to answer regarding corruption cases against him.

“You can see in Kano, Ganduje has many cases to answer while in office, he will answer more out of office and sadly for the first time in Nigeria a son is taking his mother to the EFCC,” Mr Radda said.

https://dailynigerian.com/exclusive-ganduje-son/

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Abdulazeez Ganduje Threatens Legal Action Against Father Over ₦190m Deal by Xscape1993(m): 6:21pm On Feb 25, 2022
It is well. APC, terrorism and corruption are insperatable. Giving contracts to his son's company to me is another crafty way of siphoning public funds. Nigeria my country which way?

111 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Abdulazeez Ganduje Threatens Legal Action Against Father Over ₦190m Deal by Flamees(m): 6:21pm On Feb 25, 2022

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulazeez Ganduje Threatens Legal Action Against Father Over ₦190m Deal by Nobody: 6:23pm On Feb 25, 2022
his house sef is a problem

7 Likes

Re: Abdulazeez Ganduje Threatens Legal Action Against Father Over ₦190m Deal by Bari22: 6:24pm On Feb 25, 2022
Mr. Corruption itself

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulazeez Ganduje Threatens Legal Action Against Father Over ₦190m Deal by Truthisunique2: 6:24pm On Feb 25, 2022
Druggie is day dreaming that one day he would become plesident and ganjuje his vice

As he dey collect 10% of all Nigeria revenue, Seyi dey collect him own

As ganjuge dey collect for babaringa, his son dey collect contracts

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Abdulazeez Ganduje Threatens Legal Action Against Father Over ₦190m Deal by Frigga13: 6:30pm On Feb 25, 2022
Ganduje, Tinubu’s Vice for their Yoruba obaship tussle..

One Yoruba man said yoruba have successfully turn Apc presidential ticket to yoruba afffairs grin

When I say this human believe their propaganda and hate reality no be joke ..

Mr Ganduje sue the hell out of your criminal father. His friend will dash you one bullion van.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abdulazeez Ganduje Threatens Legal Action Against Father Over ₦190m Deal by SarkinYarki: 6:42pm On Feb 25, 2022
This pikin no get joy ..he report mama to EFCC and now wan sue papa cheesy

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abdulazeez Ganduje Threatens Legal Action Against Father Over ₦190m Deal by RenaissanceGuy: 7:03pm On Feb 25, 2022
It's a criminal offense to award contracts to your family members or these polithiefcians don't know?

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abdulazeez Ganduje Threatens Legal Action Against Father Over ₦190m Deal by Bari22: 9:12am On Feb 26, 2022
Lalasticlala
Re: Abdulazeez Ganduje Threatens Legal Action Against Father Over ₦190m Deal by Justiceleague1: 9:25am On Feb 26, 2022
Since yesterday,only one page!!!!!! No conehead,no sophisticated morrorrrns saying anything!!!

But they are ready to tell you everything about their favourite"pandora et Obi" They can tell you the history of Diezani Allison Madueke if you care to listen!

Ask them what happened why former NPA Usman Bala hadiza was sacked and they know nada! Ask them if they are aware the former petroleum minister Rilwanu Lukeman owns an oil well and they be mute!

Btw,birds of a feather

Abomination people!!!
Can you imagine what's happening?!

34 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Abdulazeez Ganduje Threatens Legal Action Against Father Over ₦190m Deal by aribisala0(m): 9:38am On Feb 26, 2022
Are you axing me ?
If you axe me
Who I go chop?

103 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulazeez Ganduje Threatens Legal Action Against Father Over ₦190m Deal by bro4u: 7:41pm On Feb 26, 2022
Like father Like son...
Re: Abdulazeez Ganduje Threatens Legal Action Against Father Over ₦190m Deal by nairalee(m): 7:42pm On Feb 26, 2022
See what we're saying? They keep awarding contracts to themselves. Yet we masses keep fighting ourselves. Smh

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulazeez Ganduje Threatens Legal Action Against Father Over ₦190m Deal by NwaNimo1(m): 7:42pm On Feb 26, 2022

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulazeez Ganduje Threatens Legal Action Against Father Over ₦190m Deal by Sebastine1994(m): 7:42pm On Feb 26, 2022
What makes this boy special now?

Because he won't take bribe or what.

I will not fall for this trick

6 Likes

Re: Abdulazeez Ganduje Threatens Legal Action Against Father Over ₦190m Deal by WIZGUY69(m): 7:43pm On Feb 26, 2022
Can't remember the last time I posted any comment in politics section. grin Nigerian political news makes me sick, sad and angry. Wtf is 'Global Firm Ltd? Sounds like what a fraudster will register in minutes without doing thorough investigation. cheesy casted country. I still love this country though due to the high corruption.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulazeez Ganduje Threatens Legal Action Against Father Over ₦190m Deal by Oshlander: 7:43pm On Feb 26, 2022
You say?
Re: Abdulazeez Ganduje Threatens Legal Action Against Father Over ₦190m Deal by salbis(m): 7:44pm On Feb 26, 2022
Kk
Re: Abdulazeez Ganduje Threatens Legal Action Against Father Over ₦190m Deal by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 7:44pm On Feb 26, 2022
Hisbah21:
his house sef is a problem
look at the two pictures! What I saw is a bastaaaaaaad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulazeez Ganduje Threatens Legal Action Against Father Over ₦190m Deal by gaby(m): 7:44pm On Feb 26, 2022
So shall they all be turned one against another for their sins against the general citizenry.

Evil people.

Upon all the looting and stadhing up for their generations, their kids still end up as no-gooders and crack heads.

I'm surprised no one has been bold and honest enough to tell the babaringa bullion van that a DNA will be in order with this so-called son of his.

Na wetin God go take punish am be this.

Thief..

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abdulazeez Ganduje Threatens Legal Action Against Father Over ₦190m Deal by IPIGSRHYPO: 7:45pm On Feb 26, 2022
Rubbish.

How in hell can you award a contract to your own son? This is just like Peter Peter Obi using govt money to invest in his own family business.
This is pathetic. He should never be paid in the first place, conflict of interest.

102 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abdulazeez Ganduje Threatens Legal Action Against Father Over ₦190m Deal by nodit73151: 7:46pm On Feb 26, 2022
thats a huge Lotta money gone to the drains

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abdulazeez Ganduje Threatens Legal Action Against Father Over ₦190m Deal by EnglandAmaka(f): 7:46pm On Feb 26, 2022
In their desperation to win the elections even their children were made eligible to vote while on our ends alot were disenfranchised by the misguided corpers who supervised the election!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulazeez Ganduje Threatens Legal Action Against Father Over ₦190m Deal by abobote: 7:47pm On Feb 26, 2022
Like seriously? Giving a contract of billions to his son. Billions just for an IDP camp. Corruption runs in that family

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023: Those Asking Us To Leave Lagos Are They Originally From Lagos? Mr Macaroni / GEJ Wasn't Cursed But Blessed By Yoruba Obas (Photo) / Military Invades Nnamdi Kanu’s Community In Abia For The 3rd Time. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.