Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,098 members, 7,811,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. (6405 Views)

Pictures Of Destructions Made In Kyiv As Russia Invade Ukraine's Capital / Russia Set To Invade Ukraine At 1AM With Massive Missile Blitz & 200,000 Troops / Putin Has Decided To Invade Ukraine On Wednesday - Intelligence Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. by Goodmarlian: 1:26am On Feb 27, 2022
Look at this map and tell me the America and NATO doesnt have alterior motives,every body cannot be foolish like Nigerian leaders that doesn't care about the security of the country, you want your NATO to plant her missiles in Ukraine so that if there is war tommorow Russia wouldn't be able defend herself because the missiles are too close to Moscow, an ICMBM launched from America mainland takes 25 minutes to reach anywhere in the world,imagine if that kind of missile is placed in ukraine which time will Moscow have to intercept it ? It will take seconds to reach Russia and wreck havoc .

hypocrite Nigerians that never condemns the killings in kaduna and benue no go let us hear word ndi uchu.

42 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. by Nobody: 1:29am On Feb 27, 2022
Okay.. a wailer wailing

2 Likes

Re: Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. by venabili: 1:32am On Feb 27, 2022
Its crazy and definitely looks like encroachment. But nothing is worth war. Too many innocents suffer

10 Likes

Re: Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. by OneCorner: 1:47am On Feb 27, 2022
So hypocritical that no one cared when US invaded Iraq, Vietnam and even Libya

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. by NGpatriot: 2:04am On Feb 27, 2022
These ipobian people sef.

What about Number 1 and number 2 on your map. They are Russia's neighbors, former parts of the Soviet Union and now NATO members so why attack Ukrain that's not a member of NATO instead of Estonia and Latvia, NATO members?

Go and sit down somwhere abeg..

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. by Goodmarlian: 2:06am On Feb 27, 2022
NGpatriot:
These ipobian people sef.

What about Number 1 and number 2 on your map. They are Russia's neighbors, former parts of the Soviet Union and now NATO members so why attack Ukrain that's not a member of NATO instead of Estonia and Latvia, NATO members?

Go and sit down somwhere abeg..

That was when Russia was weak not now she is finding her feet back.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. by NGpatriot: 2:11am On Feb 27, 2022
Goodmarlian:

That was when Russia was weak not now she is finding her feet back.

You Igbos can not make small sense to save your lives..

We are talking about A and this one is shouting B.
Re: Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. by aribisala0(m): 2:13am On Feb 27, 2022
venabili:
Its crazy and definitely looks like encroachment. But nothing is worth war. Too many innocents suffer
Hitler signed a Non Aggression Pact with the Soviet Union. He invaded Romania and Poland and used those places to launch attack on the Soviet Union breaking his word .At the end of it all 24 million Soviets died. More that the loses of Germany , Europe UK and USA combined . They paid the biggest price for that war.

Eventually it was the the Red Army that defeated Hitler and they divided Germany in two with the West. Everything to the East of Germany was a buffer zone . Now NATO has wiped out that buffer zone and arrived at Russia's borders. What for? To sell Iphones
If you tell Russia to calm down they would tell you 24 Million lives
If they start the war their losses would not be that many . It is an existential threat and they will pick those countries off one by one over the next 10 years .

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. by NGpatriot: 2:22am On Feb 27, 2022
aribisala0:
Hitler signed a Non Aggression Pact with the Soviet Union. He invaded Romania and Poland and used those places to launch attack on the Soviet Union .At the end of it all 24 million Soviets died. More that the loses of Germany , Europe UK and USA combined . They paid the biggest price for that war.

Eventually it was the the Red Army that defeated Hitler and they divided Germany in two with the West. Everything to the East of Germany was a buffer zone . Now NATO has wiped out that buffer zone and arrived at Russia's borders. What for? To sell Iphones

Ukraine is a sovereign Nation and free to associate with any Nation including any military alliance. Security fears and concerns don't mean you have to wipe your neighbors and sovereign nations off the map.

Why not go to the other NATO member nations along his border like Ukraine? The coward can not because he's scared of NATO's article Number 5.

Individual countries determine their future, their friendships and associations, not some neighborhood bully or whatever 24 million people he lost decades ago.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. by orohbiro(f): 2:26am On Feb 27, 2022
Goodmarlian:
Look at this map and tell me the America and NATO doesnt have alterior motives,every body cannot be foolish like Nigerian leaders that doesn't care about the security of the country, you want your NATO to plant her missiles in Ukraine so that if there is war tommorow Russia wouldn't be able defend herself because the missiles are too close to Moscow, an ICMBM launched from America mainland takes 25 minutes to reach anywhere in the world,imagine if that kind of missile is placed in ukraine which time will Moscow have to intercept it ? It will take seconds to reach Russia and wreck havoc .

hypocrite Nigerians that never condemns the killings in kaduna and benue no go let us hear word ndi uchu.
weda u like it or not putin is a gonner

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. by aribisala0(m): 2:37am On Feb 27, 2022
NGpatriot:

Ukraine is a sovereign Nation and free to associate with any Nation including any military alliance. Security fears and concerns don't mean you have to wipe your neighbors and sovereign nations off the map.

Why not go to the other NATO member nations along his border like Ukraine? The coward can not because he's scared of NATO's article Number 5.

Individual countries determine their future, their friendships and associations, not some neighborhood bully or whatever 24 million people he lost decades ago.

No t that Sovereign nation refrain does not work in Europe.

You need to understand the Cold War and World War 2 to understand that

Individual countries determine their future in textbooks not in the reality of European History

That has never happened it is just Utopian Bullshit

Since the End of World War 2 Japan and Korea are occupied by US forces .

There is a security settlement in Europe for example West and East Germany could only unite with the agreement of the Soviet Union

Hitler was originally from Austria and the Austrian people are Deutsch. Another WWII settlement was the splitting of Austria from Germany because of the fear of an Over domineering Deutschland
Austria and Germany CANNOT choose to merge without a reaction from others . It won't be allowed
If you are looking for a neighbourhood bully look at the US and NATO and their activities

In Venezuela,Cuba, Viet Nam, Cambodia, Iraq, AFghanistan, Syria, Libya, Kosovo

18 Likes

Re: Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. by Lindodo20: 2:53am On Feb 27, 2022
aribisala0:
Hitler signed a Non Aggression Pact with the Soviet Union. He invaded Romania and Poland and used those places to launch attack on the Soviet Union breaking his word .At the end of it all 24 million Soviets died. More that the loses of Germany , Europe UK and USA combined . They paid the biggest price for that war.

If they start the war their losses would not be that many . It is an existential threat and they will pick those countries off one by one over the next 10 years .

What are they scared of now? Germany.has been and remains demilitarized it's basically a satellite state of the USA.
US cannot possibly invade Russia

2 Likes

Re: Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. by chukwuibuipob: 3:01am On Feb 27, 2022
angry Putin is a BAZTARD
Re: Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. by aribisala0(m): 3:07am On Feb 27, 2022
Lindodo20:

What are they scared of now? Germany.has been and remains demilitarized it's basically a satellite state of the USA.
US cannot possibly invade Russia
I was not talking about Germany today I was only explaining the historical background
The issue today is NATO
.If you cannot understand I cannot help you I am sorry
By the way Germany is not demilitarized anymore that is untrue you can easily research that

8 Likes

Re: Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. by NGpatriot: 3:08am On Feb 27, 2022
aribisala0:

Individual countries determine their future in textbooks not in the reality of European History

There is a security settlement in Europe for example West and East Germany could only unite with the agreement of the Soviet Union

Hitler was originally from Austria and the Austrian people are Deutsch. Another WWII settlement was the splitting of Austria from Germany because of the fear of an Over domineering Deutschland
Austria and Germany CANNOT choose to merge without a reaction from others . It won't be allowed
If you are looking for a neighbourhood bully look at the US and NATO and their activities

I don't even get the archaic and irrelevant ancient constructs per current global realities, whatever agreement the old and defunct Societ Union had with other entities has zero bearing on Ukrain, Ukrain was not a sovereign Nation then and was not a party to whatever agreement you are talking about.

There is nothing like the Societ Union anymore and the former republics like Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania are all NATO members so what exactly is the issue here with Ukraine?

Ukraine is a sovereign Nation with their ow seat at the UN, with international capital and diplomatic missions, not a village, a slave Nation or a sacrificial goat for some ancient agreement that Ukraine was never part of.

The world moved on and is never going back to the ancient soviet union slave nations era, that's long gone.

Putin miscalculated and it already backfired in his face.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. by Rareoil(m): 3:09am On Feb 27, 2022
aribisala0:

You can't just invade a sovereign nation just because it is associating with your 'enemy', this invasion was so unnecessary.

6 Likes

Re: Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. by aribisala0(m): 3:14am On Feb 27, 2022
NGpatriot:

I don't even get the archaic and irrelevant ancient constructs per current global realities, whatever agreement the old and defunct Societ Union had with other entities has zero bearing on Ukrain, Ukrain was not a sovereign Nation then and was not a party to whatever agreement you are talking about.

There is nothing like the Societ Union anymore and the former republics like Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania are all NATO members so what exactly is the issue here with Ukraine?

Ukraine is a sovereign Nation with their ow seat at the UN, with international capital and diplomatic missions, not a village, a slave Nation or a sacrificial goat for some ancient agreement that Ukraine was never part of.

The world moved on and is never going back to the ancient soviet union slave nations era, that's long gone.

Putin miscalculated and it already backfired in his face.

You don't have to get it .You are a spectator
All that pontification is just hot air
The Russians are in Kiev and they will remake the country in their image

How has it backfired in his face
If it has that is his problem

Is Cuba not a sovereign Nation
Iraq backfiring
Venezuela backfiring
Syria Backfiring
Afghanistan Backfired
Libya backfiring
VietNam backfired

10 Likes

Re: Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. by aribisala0(m): 3:15am On Feb 27, 2022
Rareoil:

You can't just invade a sovereign nation just because it is associating with your 'enemy', this invasion was so unnecessary.
Actually you can

Why did America invade Vietnam? Cuba?
If you are big enough in this world you can do what you like

11 Likes

Re: Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. by NGpatriot: 3:22am On Feb 27, 2022
aribisala0:

You don't have to get it .You are a spectator
All that pontification is just hot air
The Russians are in Kiev and they will remake the country in their image

How has it backfired in his face
If it has that is his problem

Is Cuba not a sovereign Nation
Iraq backfiring
Venezuela backfiring
Syria Backfiring
Afghanistan Backfired
Libya backfiring
VietNam backfired

I still don't see what your ancient and irrelevant examples got to do with the current realities.

You don't invade other countries because you are scared and afraid of other people, it was wrong then regardless of who did it and it's still wrong today.

Russia and Putin himself will pay dearly for this foolery, tens of thousands of Russians are already out in the streets demonstrating against his dumb war, I even see the clown getting chased out of office by the time the sanctions start biting with starvation and inflation..

7 Likes

Re: Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. by Rareoil(m): 3:25am On Feb 27, 2022
aribisala0:
Actually you can

Why did America invade Vietnam? Cuba?
If you are big enough in this world you can do what you like

6 Likes

Re: Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. by aribisala0(m): 3:33am On Feb 27, 2022
NGpatriot:

I still don't see what your ancient and irrelevant examples got to do with the current realities.

You don't invade other countries because you are scared and afraid of other people, it was wrong then regardless of who did it and it's still wrong today.

Russia and Putin himself will pay dearly for this foolery, tens of thousands of Russians are already out in the streets demonstrating against his dumb war, I even see the clown getting chased out of office by the time the sanctions start biting with starvation and inflation..
You really do not have to see because it will not change anything.
It is just an irrelevant disagreement

Actually you do invade other countries because you are scared or because of any reason you just make up because you have decided on Regime change

Remember !raq 2003
Remember Libya

What they have done is a legal precedent
I remember the words of Mandela and Kofi Annan when that invasion took place

We are witnessing the consequences

You may call them ancient but they are not

China is still claiming ownership of Taiwan by your logic it is "ancient"

The Bitterness of Biafra still lingers and you can be guaranteed there will be another confrontation on that issue
So

Tens of thousands protesting? You know this how ? Who told you? NATO

7 Likes

Re: Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. by iLoveYouToo(m): 3:39am On Feb 27, 2022
Goodmarlian:

Russia seems to be at war with NATO, kindly tell me what NATO has done to hurt Russia or those nations that have joined it. I don’t think NATO is the enemy here. I need more facts
Re: Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. by Lindodo20: 4:15am On Feb 27, 2022
aribisala0:

I was not talking about Germany today I was only explaining the historical background
The issue today is NATO
.If you cannot understand I cannot help you I am sorry
By the way Germany is not demilitarized anymore that is untrue you can easily research that

With less than a hundred thousand strong army and scores of American military bases on German soil, Germany remains pacified. It's not about NATO, Putin is simply trying to recreate the old Soviet Union of his youth is all. And once he gets it he's going to have the whole of continental Europe too

3 Likes

Re: Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. by amakaDD(f): 5:10am On Feb 27, 2022
Damn you guys are trying...I no sabi anything.

Please no more wars .

1 Like

Re: Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. by fkj950ax(m): 6:12am On Feb 27, 2022
Goodmarlian:

This is one of the most stupid arguments by Putin and his blind loyalists.

If Ukraine becomes part of Russia, doesn't that achieves the same thing Putin said he's trying to prevent.
Missiles can be placed in Ukraine next to Russia borders.
Russia takes over Ukraine that has existing borders with Poland and Slovakia who are NATO countries and ALREADY have these missiles that hasn't been used on Russia there.

This is Putin moving close to the missiles instead of letting it come to Russian border

3 Likes

Re: Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. by Gainman: 6:42am On Feb 27, 2022
Goodmarlian:

your mumu don do. It is safer for United States to be in possession of nuclear weapons than Russia and other terrorist countries to be in control of these deadly weapons

3 Likes

Re: Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. by Connected1: 6:45am On Feb 27, 2022
iLoveYouToo:

Russia seems to be at war with NATO, kindly tell me what NATO has done to hurt Russia or those nations that have joined it. I don’t think NATO is the enemy here. I need more facts
US wants to rule the world (everyone knows this) and their major oppositions are Russia and China.

So they decided to fall the Russian Empire because it's the second strongest Military Empire in the World.

Russia on the other hand is trying to avoid being killed/betrayed by his own brother Ukraine, you know that kind of death when your own joins with strangers in killing you, it will be very fatal and you can't do much.

Other Soviet Nations joined NATO when Russia was still finding its feet after the break of USSR, so Now they can't allow it.

The US invaded Iraq, Yemen, Korea, Our own Libya, Cuba Vietnam and some others and they offered flimsy excuses for them, We didn't get enough updates about them because the same US and the West controls the big media corporations and they tell us what they want us to believe.

US is the Attacker here, Ukraine the Fool/Bait and Russia the Defender/possible victim.

You see how they post updates all the time about the Russian-Ukrianian war, that's the West and US at work, they condemn Russia at every slight opportunity, but heck we didn't news about the Ethopian-Tigran war that thousands of Blacks/Nigerians have lost their lives, that's because they careless about us.

I will urge Africans not to talk more about the Russian-Ukrainian war, It's not our Business, if we are to even pick a side then it should be Russia because we have received aids from them countless times.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. by Help2020: 6:49am On Feb 27, 2022
Goodmarlian:

Don't mind them. They don't knw anything. Russia is the second most powerful country on earth. They should have a say in Easter Europe.. What America is doing to other nations they can't even take half of it. Nonsense

4 Likes

Re: Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. by Help2020: 6:53am On Feb 27, 2022
OneCorner:
So hypocritical that no one cared when US invaded Iraq, Vietnam and evening Libya
Don't mind them. Just 3 days ago they killed a lot of souls in Somalia,and the world remain silent. Hypocrisy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. by Nobody: 6:58am On Feb 27, 2022
Goodmarlian is a hopeless Putin urchin.
Putin urchins don't have brains. I'm not surprised.
Re: Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. by Gold179: 7:01am On Feb 27, 2022
Russia invasion in Ukraine is not for selfish interest or hate, it is for the protection of his people, no sane government will do nothing watching his enemies coming closer to him.

5 Likes

Re: Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. by BeautifulSolace(f): 7:28am On Feb 27, 2022
I didn't understand anything

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

JAPAN - A Country Without Muslim: Cause For Peace / American Dual-citizenship Rules / What Are Diasporans Hearing Direct From People In Nigeria About The Unrest?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.