Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,461 members, 7,854,014 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 09:34 AM

Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? (11062 Views)

The Ijaws And Their Pipe Dreams; Darkness In Reality / Ijaws, If Nigeria Breaks, Biafra Will Break And Niger Delta Wi Also Break / Finally, Ihedioha Has Been Declared Governor Elect, Antiquity Prince AAA Confirm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by Graysons: 8:39pm On Mar 11, 2022
Igboid:

Alabo. Your Ijaw brother admitted that Basden is the all and all to settle this case as Basden claimed in the above attached report by your brother that other research done on Niger Delta were poor, which should include your Kolle Sigmund last resort.
When Basden was done reviewing all previous literature on the subject matter, he ended up with the below as the authentic map of Igboland with Ijawland clearly designated to the West of Igboland.

This topic was done and dusted long ago, even JANK23H shamefully left the stage when he saw he had lost the intellectual battle on this .
Basden he was hoping to ride on to land grab on Igbo territories of Bonny and Opobo, rammed a sharp sword into his entrails with that map.

You too should rest.
Since you unlike JANK23H are not interested on intellectual debate, your mantra has always been "come and claim it physically".
You should just chill and try and fortify yourself physically against 40million plus strong Igbo nation.
Because when we finally win Bonny and Opobo in international court post Nigeria and you dare stand on our way, we will not only claim back our territories, we will occupy yours as punitive measures too.
Always making mouth and chest beating online when in reality,you are nothing but toothless dogs. In other for you to claim people or territories,the inhabitants of those places have to be on the same page with you,how can you drag and claim Bonny and Opobo when the people there are not even buying your Igbo whatever,I pity for una.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by Igboid: 8:48pm On Mar 11, 2022
Graysons:
Always making mouth and chest beating online when in reality,you are nothing but toothless dogs. In other for you to claim people or territories,the inhabitants of those places have to be on the same page with you,how can you drag and claim Bonny and Opobo when the people there are not even buying your Igbo whatever,I pity for una.

Bonny and Opobo people have consistently rejected your Ijaw language while tightly guarding and holding unto their native Igbo language.
Your days are numbered.

8 Likes

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by Graysons: 8:57pm On Mar 11, 2022
Igboid:

Bonny and Opobo people have consistently rejected your Ijaw language while tightly guarding and holding unto their native Igbo language.
Your days are numbered.
Lmao always typing your fantasies online, making empty threats on Nl then pat yourselves on the back for your dumbness.Have you been to Bonny before? Do you know how the average Bonny person feel about Igbo people? Do you know the language of an finima man? No you don't. Like I said,I pity for una.

4 Likes

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by Igboid: 9:41pm On Mar 11, 2022
Graysons:
Lmao always typing your fantasies online, making empty threats on Nl then pat yourselves on the back for your dumbness.Have you been to Bonny before? Do you know how the average Bonny person feel about Igbo people? Do you know the language of an finima man? No you don't. Like I said,I pity for una.

Finima is only but a small insignificant part of Bonny.
We already know how the real Bonny and Opobo people feel about Ijaws.
They constant and persistent rejection of Ijaw Language despite the fraudulent Alagoa best efforts, says all.

6 Likes

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by JANK23H(m): 11:43pm On Mar 11, 2022
Igboid:

Alabo. Your Ijaw brother admitted that Basden is the all and all to settle this case as Basden claimed in the above attached report by your brother that other research done on Niger Delta were poor, which should include your Kolle Sigmund last resort.
When Basden was done reviewing all previous literature on the subject matter, he ended up with the below as the authentic map of Igboland with Ijawland clearly designated to the West of Igboland.

This topic was done and dusted long ago, even JANK23H shamefully left the stage when he saw he had lost the intellectual battle on this .
Basden he was hoping to ride on to land grab on Igbo territories of Bonny and Opobo, rammed a sharp sword into his entrails with that map.

You too should rest.
Since you unlike JANK23H are not interested on intellectual debate, your mantra has always been "come and claim it physically".
You should just chill and try and fortify yourself physically against 40million plus strong Igbo nation.
Because when we finally win Bonny and Opobo in international court post Nigeria and you dare stand on our way, we will not only claim back our territories, we will occupy yours as punitive measures too.
Stop mentioning this guy.

This debate is over as far as I'm concerned and I've cleared your doubt.You can turn logic on its head for all I care.

That map there showed were Igbos are located,in Bonny they are slaves.Do I have to teach you comprehension too?

Make your head dey straight o.

1 Like

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by Igboid: 10:25am On Mar 12, 2022
JANK23H:

Stop mentioning this guy.

This debate is over as far as I'm concerned and I've cleared your doubt.You can turn logic on its head for all I care.

That map there showed were Igbos are located,in Bonny they are slaves.Do I have to teach you comprehension too?

Make your head dey straight o.

Haha!
Nope.
Map clearly delineated Igbo land.
Basden said that Igbos were slaves in the "Neighborhood of Bonny", you are the one with comprehension issue.
Either way, there was never a time he said that Bonny people were Ijaws.
He clearly showed where Ijawland is.
And he made it obvious that Abua, Ogbia, Obulom, Epie-Attisa, Andomiy, etc are not Ijaw.

4 Likes

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by SaintBishop: 12:45pm On Mar 12, 2022
Igboid:

Haha!
Nope.
Basden said that Igbos were slaves in the "Neighborhood of Bonny", you are the one with comprehension issue.
And he made it obvious that Abua, Ogbia, Obulom, Epie-Attisa, Andomiy, etc are not Ijaw.
Who told you that Obulum people are not ijaws? Have you meet any Obulum who has come out to say that they are not ijaws? grin stop projecting the rejection given to you by the ikwerres and the Etches that they are not igbos on others, it's not our fault that they reject you Igbos and your I too know attitude. Despite you Igbos bribing and giving them top position in your Ohanaeze whatever. wink

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by JANK23H(m): 4:27pm On Mar 12, 2022
Igboid:

Haha!
Nope.

1 Like

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by Igboid: 10:17pm On Mar 12, 2022
[quote author=JANK23H post=110975085][/quote]

Lol! Grasping at straws now, are we not?

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/in%20the%20neighborhood%20of

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by JANK23H(m): 10:25pm On Mar 12, 2022
Igboid:

Lol! Grasping at straws now, are we not?

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/in%20the%20neighborhood%20of
I gave you three different meanings.
Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by Igboid: 10:55pm On Mar 12, 2022
JANK23H:

You are ridiculous. grin
Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by Igboid: 11:45pm On Mar 12, 2022
IBO: Southern Nigeria - some considerations of its Structure, People and Natural History

A. E. Kitson c.1913

The Geographical Journal - v.41

The Ibo tribe is potentially a very powerful one, from which much can be expected with consolidation, the spread of modern ideas and careful, strictly just direction.

The people are observant, reflective thinkers, and rapid actors, with a remarkably keen and true sense of justice and determination to get it. They possess strong individuality.

Like the Yorubas, they are, as a people, honest, intelligent, industrious, cleanly, hospitable, and humorous, though more emotional, artistic, and musical. They are distinctly warlike, especially the branches east of the Niger.

In some districts every town is surrounded by a trench, wall, and belt of thick bush; in some cases with also an outer line of gun pits. In others each wall-girt house has its own fighting tower — storeyed and loopholed — commanding the entrance.

This condition of the country reflects strongly the character of the people.

As agriculturists after intelligent native methods, they are of a high order. It is a perfect picture and a revelation to see their farms when in their full wealth of verdure. There is no doubt that when settled conditions arrive the people will raise much produce for other than local markets.
Most tribes have a love of music and a crude knowledge of art, but the Ibo stands pre-eminent, his innate musical ability manifesting itself in various ways.

I have often enjoyed listening to the sweet melody, heartily sung by a group of young girls and children; to the soft chant of my garrulous carriers; to the simple but sweetly perfect dance-song of a swaying circle of women of Ebo, celebrating the killing of a crocodile; to the rhythmic, sonorous, and harmonious war-song of naked Ezzi [savages].

There are various kinds of musical instruments; among them some of the dulcimer type, but with wooden, cane, or palm plates; some like harps and rude violins; others like pipes and flutes.

The Ibos and the Binis have distinct artistic ability.

Many of the Ibo branches adorn their mud-walled houses, wooden doors, shrines, and playgrounds with neat modellings, paintings, and carvings of natural objects and geometrical designs. The people of the Ugep district, east of the Cross river, have fine examples of carved tree-trunks and blocks of stone.
Though most natives trade, the principal travelling traders are Hausas and Aros by land-transport; and Lagosians, Jekris, Brass men,Opobo and Bonny Ibos, and Efiks by canoes.

Iron smelting was largely done before bar-iron was imported. Yorubas still do so at Bode, Ijegun, Iporin, Odo Ogun, etc. The ore is magnetite, occurring in schists and in dykes of granite and pegmatite.

A. E. Kitson

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by Igboid: 11:57pm On Mar 12, 2022
Ekealterago.
Another good material here.

https://www.jstor.org/stable/1778485?read-now=1&refreqid=excelsior%3Af5f1e99ce420241777bf54f7579fd5d7&seq=31#page_scan_tab_contents

I marked the relevant part. "Opobo and Bonny Ibos".
Yet another independent author Ijaws are going to hate in addition to Basden, Captain Crow, William Baike, Arthur Glynn, we now have A.E Kitson. The list will keep growing because we have the truth on our side.

3 Likes

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by Ekealterego: 12:13am On Mar 13, 2022
Igboid:
Ekealterago.
Another good material here.

https://www.jstor.org/stable/1778485?read-now=1&refreqid=excelsior%3Af5f1e99ce420241777bf54f7579fd5d7&seq=31#page_scan_tab_contents

I marked the relevant part. "Opobo and Bonny Ibos".
Yet another independent author Ijaws are going to hate in addition to Basden, Captain Crow, William Baike, Arthur Glynn, we now have A.E Kitson.
Thanks, a worthy addition.
Interesting that Darker in 1905 made similar observations.
Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by Igboid: 12:22am On Mar 13, 2022
Ekealterego:

Thanks, a worthy addition.
Interesting that Darker in 1905 made similar observations.

You have a snippet of the Darker 1905 book?
Post it here and the other main Opobo and Bonny thread.

2 Likes

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by Graysons: 12:31am On Mar 13, 2022
Igboid:

Finima is only but a small insignificant part of Bonny.
We already know how the real Bonny and Opobo people feel about Ijaws.
They constant and persistent rejection of Ijaw Language despite the fraudulent Alagoa best efforts, says all.
Go and ask why jaja was kicked out of Bonny Igbo man,and stop forcing your inferiority complex on me. Like I said,you have no idea how the average Bonny person feels about Igbo people, that's why you here claiming them.

2 Likes

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by Graysons: 12:34am On Mar 13, 2022
SaintBishop:
Who told you that Obulum people are not ijaws? Have you meet any Obulum who has come out to say that they are not ijaws? grin stop projecting the rejection given to you by the ikwerres and the Etches that they are not igbos on others, it's not our fault that they reject you Igbos and your I too know attitude. Despite you Igbos bribing and giving them top position in your Ohanaeze whatever. wink
weiting that one know? Always thinking that he's intelligent but he's not even your average Joe. Let him keep on ranting here meanwhile, almost all the riverine subgroup in Rivers state consider themselves ijaws. That's all that really matters.

2 Likes

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by Ekealterego: 12:55am On Mar 13, 2022
Igboid:

You have a snippet of the Darker 1905 book?
Post it here and the other main Opobo and Bonny thread.
Yes, I have the Darker book

Darker, G. F. (1905). Niger Delta Natives: With Special Reference to Maintaining and Increasing the Population of Southern Nigeria. Journal of the Royal African Society, 4(14), 206–225. http://www.jstor.org/stable/714818
The link is at the end.
A similar description of Jekiri (Itshekiri)

Check out the highlights on Opobo.

He clearly without doubt named Opobo, Ibo, even with live pictures to legitimise his claims.
CC: Bkayy, Slayerforever, Eastlink, Eastibae, Ofoigbo, 9pluto. Come and see evidence with pictures before 1905.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by OfoIgbo: 2:09am On Mar 13, 2022
JANK23H:

But Basden also provided us with a map to clearly show what he meant by neighborhood of Bonny.

In that map, Bonny was solidly within Igboland. This means he was referring people to certain territories, not in Bonny, but near Bonny

4 Likes

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by OfoIgbo: 8:47am On Mar 13, 2022
Igboid:
IBO: Southern Nigeria - some considerations of its Structure, People and Natural History

A. E. Kitson c.1913

The Ibo tribe is potentially a very powerful one, from which much can be expected with consolidation, the spread of modern ideas and careful, strictly just direction.

The people are observant, reflective thinkers, and rapid actors, with a remarkably keen and true sense of justice and determination to get it. They possess strong individuality.

Like the Yorubas, they are, as a people, honest, intelligent, industrious, cleanly, hospitable, and humorous, though more emotional, artistic, and musical. They are distinctly warlike, especially the branches east of the Niger.

In some districts every town is surrounded by a trench, wall, and belt of thick bush; in some cases with also an outer line of gun pits. In others each wall-girt house has its own fighting tower — storeyed and loopholed — commanding the entrance.

This condition of the country reflects strongly the character of the people.

As agriculturists after intelligent native methods, they are of a high order. It is a perfect picture and a revelation to see their farms when in their full wealth of verdure. There is no doubt that when settled conditions arrive the people will raise much produce for other than local markets.
Most tribes have a love of music and a crude knowledge of art, but the Ibo stands pre-eminent, his innate musical ability manifesting itself in various ways.

I have often enjoyed listening to the sweet melody, heartily sung by a group of young girls and children; to the soft chant of my garrulous carriers; to the simple but sweetly perfect dance-song of a swaying circle of women of Ebo, celebrating the killing of a crocodile; to the rhythmic, sonorous, and harmonious war-song of naked Ezzi [savages].

There are various kinds of musical instruments; among them some of the dulcimer type, but with wooden, cane, or palm plates; some like harps and rude violins; others like pipes and flutes.

The Ibos and the Binis have distinct artistic ability.

Many of the Ibo branches adorn their mud-walled houses, wooden doors, shrines, and playgrounds with neat modellings, paintings, and carvings of natural objects and geometrical designs. The people of the Ugep district, east of the Cross river, have fine examples of carved tree-trunks and blocks of stone.
Though most natives trade, the principal travelling traders are Hausas and Aros by land-transport; and Lagosians, Jekris, Brass men,Opobo and Bonny Ibos, and Efiks by canoes.

Iron smelting was largely done before bar-iron was imported. Yorubas still do so at Bode, Ijegun, Iporin, Odo Ogun, etc. The ore is magnetite, occurring in schists and in dykes of granite and pegmatite.

A. E. Kitson

It's a good thing he wrote this stuff in 1913, before Nigeria came into existence.
If he wrote this a year later, it would have been inadmissible in our current argument.

Please Ijaw landgrabbers should pay attention to this. Only provide eviidence written by neutral observers and before Nigeria came into existence

4 Likes

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by 9Pluto(m): 12:03pm On Mar 13, 2022
Ekealterego:

Darker, G. F. (1905). Niger Delta Natives: With Special Reference to Maintaining and Increasing the Population of Southern Nigeria. Journal of the Royal African Society, 4(14), 206–225. http://www.jstor.org/stable/714818
The link is at the end.

He clearly without doubt named Opobo, Ibo, even with live pictures to legitimise his claims.
CC: Bkayy, Slayerforever, Eastlink, Eastibae, Ofoigbo, 9pluto. Come and see evidence with pictures before 1905.

Thanks for doing the job of their History teachers.

2 Likes

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by Alabo7978(m): 6:45pm On Mar 13, 2022
Igboid:

Haha!
Nope.
Dead this stupid outdated fallacy.
The earth was believed to be flat some 2600 years ago, but it turned out the earth is spherical.
And I saw Igboid long stupid rant on punitive whatever.
He keeps believing people still hold on to that old believe that everyone who was down south was igbo, same as we all who were down here in the south believed that everyone up north was Hausa.
People back then in the third world country use to think Japan, Korea, and the entire east Asia where Chinese because of their thin eyes.
The world is now informed, stop holding on to fallacious reports from white men who didn't know what west Africa was like.
Thanks to satellite maps are now more accurate, thanks to knowledge people now know the world is spherical and not flat.
You claiming the south to be Igbo is like humans saying the earth is flat. It reeks of stupidity, backwardness, ignorance and daftness.
Ekealterego SlayerForever Igboid eastisbae Eastlink and all other clowns, get it into your heads.
Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by Alabo7978(m): 7:13pm On Mar 13, 2022
Igboid:

Haha!
Nope.
We're getting somewhere if YOU FINALLY AGREED THAT IGBOS WERE SLAVES IN BONNY.
MAY GOD BE PRAISED.
CROWTHER AND PEPPLE ALSO SAID SAME.

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by BKayy: 9:35pm On Mar 13, 2022
Ekealterego:

The link is at the end.

I've told the drunks that they will get tired of fighting and lose the little they think they have after Nigeria.
We have history, language and culture by our side. No need for further arguments.

6 Likes

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by Alabo7978(m): 4:44pm On Mar 14, 2022
BKayy:

I've told the drunks that they will get tired of fighting and lose the little they think they have after Nigeria.
We have history, language and culture by our side. No need for further arguments.
What history?
What Language?
And what culture?

You want to take this outdated false documents that was thought real at the time but finally found to be wrong and as a result of its inacurracy has been weeded from major libraries in the world?

Who wants to end Nigeria?
You?
Funny thing is you people don't know Nigeria is what helps you.
Investments,
Space or territories to explore etc.
If you seek your independence, you'd be landlocked like Lesotho.

Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by giftibo: 8:10am On Aug 21, 2022
Stop this useless lies who carried out DNA test on Okrika i dey shame for Igbo people,always sounding stupid n foolish all the time.
mrvitalis:

50% Igbo 50% ijaw
Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by Alabo7978(m): 12:37pm On Sep 13, 2022
lol
Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by SosoKaranuli(f): 3:29pm On Sep 18, 2022
Alabo7978:

There's a researcher who claimed to have linked close to a thousand of our words to the medu neter of kemet(Egypt)

I've noticed this in some Ijaw words too! I've been desperately searching for articles on this! Would love to connect!
Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by Alabo7978(m): 8:10am On Sep 19, 2022
SosoKaranuli:

I've noticed this in some Ijaw words too! I've been desperately searching for articles on this! Would love to connect!
I'll ask the researcher his delay on the work though..
Re: Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity? by Alabo7978(m): 11:07pm On Dec 27, 2022
SlayerForever:
Ijaw keep claiming the word Oru but yet they have no tangible explanation as regards the term Oru.

Let me tell you what I think. I think the Orus were actually Riverine Igbos that were in existence from the beginning of the Igbo race. Oru is more evenly spread and established across Igbo society that in Ijaw society. Oru appears a foreign concept in ijaw origin.

The Oru would be joined by the Ijaw people in a migration much later, and over generations the two became thoroughly mixed. Hence, Ijaw superimposed or more probably eroded the practices of the riverine Oru Igbos they came upon, leaving only the name Oru as survivor from that era, and from then the ijaw we know today continued in existence.

That is my explanation of Oru's awkward existence in Ijaw today.
Drug induced imagination

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

FG Hands Over TCN To MANITOBA / ‘NNPC Used To Fund Political Parties’ / Amina Mohammed Meets With Uhuru Kenyatta - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.