Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,121 members, 7,852,800 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 06:00 AM

Ukrainian, Polish Police Threaten To Shoot Unarmed African Students (Videos) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ukrainian, Polish Police Threaten To Shoot Unarmed African Students (Videos) (33777 Views)

Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown / Traditional Rulers Protest Enugu Killing, Warn DSS Not To Shoot Unarmed IPOB(pic / How Security Agents Hunting For IPOB Killed Unarmed People In Enugu - PUNCH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ukrainian, Polish Police Threaten To Shoot Unarmed African Students (Videos) by ocelot2006(m): 4:08pm On Feb 27, 2022
YoungBlackRico:
lol they should throw their borders open to potential terrorists?

See what I'm talking about? So the Syrians are all potential terrorists now, right? How would you feel if all Nigerians were labelled potential fraudsters, ritualists, killer herdsmen, and thieves?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukrainian, Polish Police Threaten To Shoot Unarmed African Students (Videos) by Arielle: 4:14pm On Feb 27, 2022
iLegendd:
Lack of technology is the reason MOST whites don't respect or value blacks.

If I was a white man who manufactures almost everything on Earth, I will treat any race that mostly consumes without producing badly because I won't value them.

Your value in life is the value you give to humanity — especially technologically. Life is not all about reading books and getting a job, then buying a car manufactured by a white man and having 6 children with 3 sidechicks while going to Church twice a week.

Imagine all the planes, cars, ammunitions, etc. were bought in Africa. Imagine the respect they'll have for Africans because we have technology and they depend on us.

My dear, I never feel pity for how whites treat blacks. If I was white, I will treat blacks the same way or worse.

Even as a black man, I don't value black men who don't add value to humanity. All they do is either school and food or enjoyment and fun. No productivity.

A white man will even respect a Chinese man more because the Chinese are adding value technologically now unlike hundreds of years ago when they weren't adding any value as Africans are currently doing.

Nigeria has the power to uplift the black race by being self-sufficient like Russia, technologically, but greedy men in power don't know the technological strength of a race = the respect and treatment they get outside the country.

The smartest nation or people are those who manufacture great things, not those who use it. The dumbest are those who consume or use what others manufactured. Blacks, mostly Nigerians, belong to this dumbest category.

A Nigerian man always thinks the smartest are those Nigerians with PhDs and doctorate degrees with big grammar. My dear, they are dumb if they can't manufacture things — technological appliances that'll either change lives for good or destroy lives.

A few blacks are trying, but 95% are just consumers and the world rate us based on this 95%.

Let me ask you a question. If you're a white man, will you respect a race that consumes 95% of what others created, but only contributes 5%? No, you won't. You won't value them. You'll see them as parasites. No one likes a parasite. Do you?

Wish I could give 1,000 likes to this.

1 Like

Re: Ukrainian, Polish Police Threaten To Shoot Unarmed African Students (Videos) by Psalmistproject: 4:23pm On Feb 27, 2022
rickpat:
Ukraine is really in a big mess,forget all the reports of them defeating the Russians....YOU NEVER WIN A WAR IN YOUR HOME,... Russia aims to cripple the military hardwares,oil facility and nuclear plants of Ukraine...which they are kinda achieving...

RUSSIA IS AT PEACE...NO SINGLE SIGN OF WAR ...BUT JUST LOOK AT UKRAINE....let them dialogue and end this madness
Shut up if you are not war savvy.
The war between Soviet and German soldiers in WW2 was fought in the streets of Russia. The Ukrainians together with Russians fought face to face with German heavily weaponized troops and kept them at bay, killing Hitler's most admired war general.
What wins war at the end is the Will.
Most of Russian soldiers in Ukraine doesn't want or like the war cos alot of their friends and relatives are Ukrainians. Imagine your in-laws being Ukrainians and you are a soldier sent to go to Ukraine. The family vowed they will not allow Putin take their weapons and took to arms. You will be psychologically messed up to go into Ukraine. Infact your anger will be directed at Putin.
Re: Ukrainian, Polish Police Threaten To Shoot Unarmed African Students (Videos) by forgiveness: 4:27pm On Feb 27, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Now you guys are taking this thing In another sphere.. undecided
Can you bloggers chill and stop painting them in a negative manner..how many times are you gonna be told that there are process to this thing..
It's all over the world and it has nothing to do with racial discrimination...
Fine things ain't goin in a good way but you guys are misinterpreting the whole scenerio..

Modified:now you guys are even bloody hypocrites..why the insult on me tho.. undecided undecided
Is there any difference from this and what you did to Ghanians(Ghana must go) expelling and deporting them all of a sudden or is there any difference between this and what is happening in your country..the tribal bigotry in politics section..the I*gbo vs Yor*ba name calling..but now that it's outside Nigeria you all are busy insulting them..are you folks in any way different?
Incase you don't know..most of you here are die hard racist and I've seen it severally on here..you hypocrites.. undecided

Ghana sacked Nigeria before Nigeria retaliated.
Re: Ukrainian, Polish Police Threaten To Shoot Unarmed African Students (Videos) by BigBashiru: 4:34pm On Feb 27, 2022
iLegendd:

If I was a white man who manufactures almost everything on Earth, I will treat any race that mostly consumes without producing badly because I won't value them.

Your value in life is the value you give to humanity — especially technologically. Life is not all about reading books and getting a job, then buying a car manufactured by a white man and having 6 children with 3 sidechicks while going to Church twice a week.

Imagine all the planes, cars, ammunitions, etc. were bought in Africa. Imagine the respect they'll have for Africans because we have technology and they depend on us.

My dear, I never feel pity for how whites treat blacks. If I was white, I will treat blacks the same way or worse.

Even as a black man, I don't value black men who don't add value to humanity. All they do is either school and food or enjoyment and fun. No productivity.

A white man will even respect a Chinese man more because the Chinese are adding value technologically now unlike hundreds of years ago when they weren't adding any value as Africans are currently doing.

Nigeria has the power to uplift the black race by being self-sufficient like Russia, technologically, but greedy men in power don't know the technological strength of a race = the respect and treatment they get outside the country.

The smartest nation or people are those who manufacture great things, not those who use it. The dumbest are those who consume or use what others manufactured. Blacks, mostly Nigerians, belong to this dumbest category.

A Nigerian man always thinks the smartest are those Nigerians with PhDs and doctorate degrees with big grammar. My dear, they are dumb if they can't manufacture things — technological appliances that'll either change lives for good or destroy lives.

A few blacks are trying, but 95% are just consumers and the world rate us based on this 95%.

Let me ask you a question. If you're a white man, will you respect a race that consumes 95% of what others created, but only contributes 5%? No, you won't. You won't value them. You'll see them as parasites. No one likes a parasite. Do you?
What I am going to tell you will open your eyes to the real truth. I was once like you. Your mind has been damages and that was the prime objective of colonization. I will summarize it instead of typing and typing and typing:

It is not possible that out of over 190 countries of the world, that science and technology was in the sole province of western europe. Its simply not true. You believe it because you have been brainwashed by the western european savages. The truth is that science and technology has been advanced world wide by a global body of researchers blacks inclusive. All those einstein theory, they are not the sole inventors, the only claimed it because western europe had economic and military power at the time and they had subjugated the minds of their subjects.

Here is a list of black inventors - and many of these inventions, the savage western europeans had no clue about it:

https://interestingengineering.com/black-inventors-the-complete-list-of-genius-black-american-african-american-inventors-scientists-and-engineers-with-their-revolutionary-inventions-that-changed-the-world-and-impacted-history-part-two
Re: Ukrainian, Polish Police Threaten To Shoot Unarmed African Students (Videos) by iLegendd(m): 4:38pm On Feb 27, 2022
BigBashiru:

What I am going to tell you will open your eyes to the real truth. I was once like you. Your mind has been damages and that was the prime objective of colonization. I will summarize it instead of typing and typing and typing:

It is not possible that out of over 190 countries of the world, that science and technology was in the sole province of western europe. Its simply not true. You believe it because you have been brainwashed by the western european savages. The truth is that science and technology has been advanced world wide by a global body of researchers. All those einstein theory, they are not the sole inventors, the only claimed it because western europe had economic and military power at the time and they had subjugated the minds of their subjects.

Here is a list of black inventors - and many of these inventions, the savage western europeans had no clue about it:

https://interestingengineering.com/black-inventors-the-complete-list-of-genius-black-american-african-american-inventors-scientists-and-engineers-with-their-revolutionary-inventions-that-changed-the-world-and-impacted-history-part-two
Calm down, prof. No one said blacks are not contributing/inventing.

They are only contributing a maximum of 5% to humanity. The rest of the black race are consumers. Period. If blacks (Nigerians) are contributing more than whites to humanity, why are we still like this?

By the way, I only read 4 lines from your comment. All the best.

1 Like

Re: Ukrainian, Polish Police Threaten To Shoot Unarmed African Students (Videos) by Nobody: 4:41pm On Feb 27, 2022
It beats my imaginations why Nigerians go for school in racist poor countries like Ukraine.
Re: Ukrainian, Polish Police Threaten To Shoot Unarmed African Students (Videos) by BigBashiru: 4:45pm On Feb 27, 2022
iLegendd:

They are only contributing a maximum of 5% to humanity. The rest of the black race are consumers. Period. If blacks (Nigerians) are contributing more than whites to humanity, why are we still like this?

Your mind has been damaged - the mind of many Africans has been damaged. Blacks are producers and are not consumers - should I start listing all the things we manufacture? You have simply been brainwashed.

why are we still like this? Like how? Nigeria is a beautiful country as is many african countries. The wars in africa are triggered by western interference - those western countries are poor and they keep intering in african states. they are savages.

If you like read 4 lines if you like dont read at all na u sabi. I just hope you recover soon from the brainwashing. All the western european countries are all pallying african states as we speak and trying to get a slice of the unprecedented growth that is happening in africa.

3 Likes

Re: Ukrainian, Polish Police Threaten To Shoot Unarmed African Students (Videos) by Zaggafrank: 4:50pm On Feb 27, 2022
rickpat:
Ukraine is really in a big mess,forget all the reports of them defeating the Russians....YOU NEVER WIN A WAR IN YOUR HOME,... Russia aims to cripple the military hardwares,oil facility and nuclear plants of Ukraine...which they are kinda achieving...

RUSSIA IS AT PEACE...NO SINGLE SIGN OF WAR ...BUT JUST LOOK AT UKRAINE....let them dialogue and end this madness
People don't want to understand that the vast majority of people dying are Ukrainians and some Russian soldiers. It's inevitable. But instead of them to find a way to create a scene for dialogue, they're increasing the fire. At the end if Russia decides to go gunho, they may start applying the blanket bombing that they did in the early hours of their anti ISIS operation in Syria. And this will be more damaging than any sanctions that the US and Co will be putting on Russia
Re: Ukrainian, Polish Police Threaten To Shoot Unarmed African Students (Videos) by frank155(m): 4:53pm On Feb 27, 2022
iLegendd:

Stop selling your trash to them if you see them as parasites. How will you see them as parasites but you run to sell trash to them.

Your mentality is appalling.

1 Like

Re: Ukrainian, Polish Police Threaten To Shoot Unarmed African Students (Videos) by BigBashiru: 4:58pm On Feb 27, 2022
frank155:

Stop selling your trash to them if you see them as parasites. How will you see them as parasites but you run to sell trash to them.

He assumes white men are the only producers and manufacturers because he has been mentally brainwashed and does not know history. The Malians were producing ceramics and gold before the europeans had a clue about it.

Malian refinement of gold and production of ceramics pre-dates European arrival on the continent. How can europe refine what it does not have?

He is one of those people that were sold the colonial lie that it was the western european savages that taught africans how to refine gold and petroleum lol.

finally he assumes western europeans who he calls "whites" are the most scientifically advanced - again this is due to his colonial brainwashing. There are lots of Nigerian researchers, middle eastern researchers and inventors.

The guy has low self esteem and needs help.

3 Likes

Re: Ukrainian, Polish Police Threaten To Shoot Unarmed African Students (Videos) by BigBashiru: 4:58pm On Feb 27, 2022
iLegendd:

He assumes white men are the only producers and manufacturers because he has been mentally brainwashed and does not know history. The Malians were producing ceramics and gold before the europeans had a clue about it.

Malian refinement of gold and production of ceramics pre-dates European arrival on the continent. How can europe refine what it does not have?

He is one of those people that were sold the colonial lie that it was the western european savages that taught africans how to refine gold and petroleum lol.

finally he assumes western europeans who he calls "whites" are the most scientifically advanced - again this is due to his colonial brainwashing. There are lots of Nigerian researchers, middle eastern researchers and inventors.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukrainian, Polish Police Threaten To Shoot Unarmed African Students (Videos) by BigBashiru: 5:03pm On Feb 27, 2022
Let me close my comments on this thread with this quote from an unknown author:

"The western european is a savage in need of aboriginal and african civilization"

If you know you know.

2 Likes

Re: Ukrainian, Polish Police Threaten To Shoot Unarmed African Students (Videos) by iLegendd(m): 5:14pm On Feb 27, 2022
frank155:

They advertise and someone in need, Nigeria, buys. They're not forcing you. Are they?

If they refuse to sell or allow you into their countries, you'll call them racists. Won't you? Now they want to you permanently stay in their country that you always dreamed to go at all cost, but you guys are now calling them racists.

Talking about selling and buying, who manufacturered the machine you used in minting your currencies? Or who helped you in extracting the oil or in refining it? Them.

They have contributed a lot of good and bad to humanity, so we Africans should also try and contribute a lot of good to humanity with technology, not just (bad) crime and being dependent on others.

All I'm trying to say is: blacks should focus more on technology and manufacturing more and stop being dependent on whites.

I'm rooting for the black race, but I just need to say the bitter truth until it hurts just as it's hurting some of you. The most hated or abused is an honest man.

Okay, let me say what will put a smile on your face. Blacks are the greatest on Earth and in technology. Everything the white knows, we taught them. Happy now? Sure you are. The phone you'll use in replying me is manufactured a black man. Isn't it? It is.

It's sad to see that my fellow blacks hate the truth. When the truth comes from a white man, it's called racism. When it comes from their fellow black man, it's called inferior-complex or ass-licking.

The truth about a black man is, don't tell him the truth if you don't want to hurt him. Tell him sweet lies that'll make him feel good about himself and his race.

5 Likes

Re: Ukrainian, Polish Police Threaten To Shoot Unarmed African Students (Videos) by Mamijoh(f): 7:19pm On Feb 27, 2022
iLegendd:

V

Not at all my dear, you're so so so very correct
Re: Ukrainian, Polish Police Threaten To Shoot Unarmed African Students (Videos) by rayval(m): 8:07pm On Feb 27, 2022
2braithe:

Tribalism on Nairaland is now a justification for racism abroad??

Well.. It is no justification. Tribalism is not just on Nairaland.. You will do the same if you wear that shoe
Re: Ukrainian, Polish Police Threaten To Shoot Unarmed African Students (Videos) by Ebubu: 8:13pm On Feb 27, 2022
SmartProf:
Proactive Africans in Ukraine heeded repeated warnings from the USA to her citizens of an impending invasion by Putin's army...they took advantage of those warnings and left Ukraine...others who are weeping today were mocking their home countries in Africa and making derogatory statements that a war torn Ukraine was better than a peaceful Africa. I have zero sympathy for those in that category. The EU nations have a treaty to allow citizens of member states free access within nations in the EU, so Africans who aren't EU citizens nor hold EU passports won't be given preference to cross into Poland. Thankfully in the end, the border security officials did allow them in, but it doesn't stop the fact that the quality of life they will have in Poland would be as refugees. The racism card won't blackmail the whites not to care for their own first.

Ukraine is not part of EU
Stop embarrassing yourself
Re: Ukrainian, Polish Police Threaten To Shoot Unarmed African Students (Videos) by 2braithe: 8:14pm On Feb 27, 2022
rayval:

Well.. It is no justification. Tribalism is not just on Nairaland.. You will do the same if you wear that shoe

What Ukrainians did was bad, don't bring another matter to it.
Re: Ukrainian, Polish Police Threaten To Shoot Unarmed African Students (Videos) by ModestGal(f): 8:19pm On Feb 27, 2022
BigBashiru:

I was like him and I do not blame him at all. We should all blame the yeye schools we have all over Nigeria. That's what our teachers taught us,to glorify white people and see ourselves as inferior. From primary to PhD level
Re: Ukrainian, Polish Police Threaten To Shoot Unarmed African Students (Videos) by rayval(m): 8:27pm On Feb 27, 2022
2braithe:

What Ukrainians did was bad, don't bring another matter to it.

Lol.. Trust me let us be very very realistic… I agree that it isn’t suppose to be that way.. but..priority is priority… a Ukrainian life is worth more than any other citizen to the Ukrainians be it black or white… everyone is coming to remove their citizens, their only priority is Ukrainians… Nigerians should do what India is doing and as every other nation would do.. no emotions.. you would do the same..
Re: Ukrainian, Polish Police Threaten To Shoot Unarmed African Students (Videos) by 2braithe: 8:31pm On Feb 27, 2022
rayval:

Lol.. Trust me let us be very very realistic… I agree that it isn’t suppose to be that way.. but..priority is priority… a Ukrainian life is worth more than any other citizen to the Ukrainians be it black or white… everyone is coming to remove their citizens, their only priority is Ukrainians… Nigerians should do what India is doing and as every other nation would do.. no emotions.. you would do the same..

In Nigeria, wouldn't we prioritize foreigners even over ourselves?
Don't we treat foreigners like demi gods?.

Meanwhile, they allow all white people (Ukrainians or not) but restrict black people...I have a couple of guys there and that's the report.
Re: Ukrainian, Polish Police Threaten To Shoot Unarmed African Students (Videos) by SmartProf(m): 8:35pm On Feb 27, 2022
Ebubu:

Ukraine is not part of EU
Stop embarrassing yourself
An idiot you are...does it stop them from being Europeans? Or where is their geographical region? Africa I guess....that a nation is willing to join the EU just as an organization, should tell you it's European neighbors accord them special consideration in many treaties.
Re: Ukrainian, Polish Police Threaten To Shoot Unarmed African Students (Videos) by Ebubu: 8:42pm On Feb 27, 2022
SmartProf:

An idiot you are...does it stop them from being Europeans? Or where is their geographical region? Africa I guess....that a nation is willing to join the EU just as an organization, should tell you it's European neighbors accord them special consideration in many treaties.
Which kind emotional reply be dis.

Smartprof indeed.

If advantage of being member state of EU is free movement within the bloc, why would they be granted the pass without being formal members yet?

Just call out racism when it happens and rest.
Re: Ukrainian, Polish Police Threaten To Shoot Unarmed African Students (Videos) by ibinaboonline: 11:05pm On Feb 27, 2022
I have one question. Do you guys ever think about what the Ukrainians must think of the Africans and foreigners? They’re most likely thinking of you as a bunch of leeches. Shebi when the war is over you’all would scurry back in to leech of the country they fought for with their blood? Think, think and think. The country has banned their males between 18 and 60 from leaving. But you’all are abandoning the place when they need you most in the name of “we’re African students.” The Ukrainian government is handing out guns to those who want them. Run to Poland instead, and complain if they don’t treat you as priority at their borders. What if the war comes to Poland? Off you hurry to Hungary, Belarus, or anywhere all is well and you can keep leeching off on an already-made society, and send money home to Nigeria.
Re: Ukrainian, Polish Police Threaten To Shoot Unarmed African Students (Videos) by Sunnyski: 11:22pm On Feb 27, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Now you guys are taking this thing In another sphere.. undecided
Can you bloggers chill and stop painting them in a negative manner..how many times are you gonna be told that there are process to this thing..
It's all over the world and it has nothing to do with racial discrimination...
Fine things ain't goin in a good way but you guys are misinterpreting the whole scenerio..

Modified:now you guys are even bloody hypocrites..why the insult on me tho.. undecided undecided
Is there any difference from this and what you did to Ghanians(Ghana must go) expelling and deporting them all of a sudden or is there any difference between this and what is happening in your country..the tribal bigotry in politics section..the I*gbo vs Yor*ba name calling..but now that it's outside Nigeria you all are busy insulting them..are you folks in any way different?
Incase you don't know..most of you here are die hard racist and I've seen it severally on here..you hypocrites.. undecided

See the extent your stupidity has taken you to, you became so blind that you fail to see
Re: Ukrainian, Polish Police Threaten To Shoot Unarmed African Students (Videos) by Rostikol: 12:32am On Feb 28, 2022
12 Great African Inventions That Changed The World

1 Speech

The first words by humans were spoken by Africans.

''Using statistical methods to estimate the time required to achieve the current spread and diversity in modern languages today, Johanna Nichols — a linguist at the University of California, Berkeley — argues that vocal language must have arisen in our species at least 100,000 years ago. Using phonemic diversity, a more recent analysis offers directly linguistic support for a similar date. Estimates of this kind are independently supported by genetic, archaeological, palaeontological and much other evidence suggesting that language probably emerged somewhere in sub-Saharan Africa during the Middle Stone Age, roughly contemporaneous with the speciation of Homo sapiens.''

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origin_of_language

2 Writing

In 1999, Archaeology Magazine reported that the earliest Egyptian hieroglyphs date back to 3400 BCE which "...challenge the commonly held belief that early logographs, pictographic symbols representing a specific place, object, or quantity, first evolved into more complex phonetic symbols in Mesopotamia."

Who were these original Egyptians?

The Greek historian Herodotus.. described the Colchians of the Black Sea shores as "Egyptians by race" and pointed out they had "black skins and kinky hair."

Apollodorus, the Greek philosopher, described Egypt as "the country of the black-footed ones" and the Latin historian Ammianus Marcellinus said "the men of Egypt are mostly brown or black with a skinny desiccated look."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/specials/1624_story_of_africa/page88.shtml

In his book 'Egypt', British scholar Sir E.A. Wallis Budge says: "The prehistoric native of Egypt, both in the old and in the new Stone Ages, was African and there is every reason for saying that the earliest settlers came from the South." He further states: "There are many things in the manners and customs and religions of the historic Egyptians that suggests that the original home of their prehistoric ancestors was in a country in the neighborhood of Uganda and Punt [present day Somalia]."

''Greek historian Diodorus Siculus devoted an entire chapter of his world history, the Bibliotheke Historica, or Library of History (Book 3), to the Kushites ["Aithiopians"] of Meroe. Here he repeats the story of their great piety, their high favor with the gods, and adds the fascinating legend that they were.. the founders of Egyptian civilization, invented writing, and had given the Egyptians their religion and culture.''

(1st century B.C., Diodorus Siculus of Sicily, Greek historian and contemporary of Caesar Augustus, Universal History Book III. 2. 4-3. 3)

http://wysinger.homestead.com/blackegypt101.html

To summarise:

"Ancient Egypt was a Negro civilisation. The history of Black Africa will remain suspended in the air and cannot be written correctly until African historians connect it with the history of Egypt. The African historian who evades the problem of Egypt is neither modest nor objective nor unruffled. He is ignorant, cowardly and neurotic. The ancient Egyptians were Negroes. The moral fruit of their civilisation is to be counted among the assets of the Black world."

- Cheikh Anta Diop, The African Origin of Civilisation.

3 Medicine

''The earliest known surgery was performed in Egypt around 2750 BC.... The Ebers papyrus (1550 BC) is full of incantations and foul applications meant to turn away disease-causing demons, and also includes 877 prescriptions. It may also contain the earliest documented awareness of tumors..

Homer (800 BC) remarked in the Odyssey: "In Egypt, the men are more skilled in medicine than any of human kind" and "the Egyptians were skilled in medicine more than any other art". The Greek historian Herodotus visited Egypt around 440 BC and wrote extensively of his observations of their medicinal practices. Pliny the Elder also wrote favourably of them in historical review. Hippocrates (the 'father of medicine'), Herophilos, Erasistratus and later Galen studied at the temple of Amenhotep, and acknowledged the contribution of ancient Egyptian medicine to Greek medicine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Egyptian_medicine

4 Architecture

The African empire of Egypt developed a vast array of diverse structures and great architectural monuments along the Nile, among the largest and most famous of which are the Great Pyramid of Giza and the Great Sphinx of Giza

The pyramids, which were built in the Fourth Dynasty, testify to the power of the pharaonic religion and state. They were built to serve both as grave sites and also as a way to make their names last forever. The size and simple design show the high skill level of Egyptian design and engineering on a large scale. The Great Pyramid of Giza, which was probably completed c. 2580 BC, is the oldest and largest of the pyramids, and is the only surviving monument of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. The pyramid of Khafre is believed to have been completed around 2532 BC, at the end of Khafre's reign.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Egyptian_architecture

5 Mathematics

The invention of mathematics is placed firmly in African PRE-HISTORY

''The oldest known possibly mathematical object is the Lebombo bone, discovered in the Lebombo mountains of Swaziland and dated to approximately 35,000 BC. It consists of 29 distinct notches cut into a baboon's fibula. Also prehistoric artifacts discovered in Africa and France, dated between 35,000 and 20,000 years old [respectively], suggest early attempts to quantify time.

The Ishango bone, found near the headwaters of the Nile river (northeastern Congo), may be as much as 20,000 years old and consists of a series of tally marks carved in three columns running the length of the bone. Common interpretations are that the Ishango bone shows either the earliest known demonstration of sequences of prime numbers or a six month lunar calendar.

Also, Predynastic Egyptians of the 5th millennium BC pictorially represented geometric designs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_mathematics#Prehistoric_mathematics

''Numeral systems have been many and diverse, with the first known written numerals created by Egyptians in Middle Kingdom texts such as the Rhind Mathematical Papyrus.

The earliest uses of mathematics were in trading, land measurement, painting and weaving patterns and the recording of time. More complex mathematics did not appear until around 3000 BC, when the Egyptians and Babylonians began using arithmetic, algebra and geometry for taxation and other financial calculations, for building and construction, and for astronomy''

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematics

6 Mining of minerals

The oldest known mine on archaeological record is the "Lion Cave" in Swaziland, which radiocarbon dating shows to be about 43,000 years old. Much later on, the Africans of Egypt mined malachite....Quarries for turquoise and copper were also found at "Wadi Hamamat, Tura, Aswan and various other Nubian sites"..The gold mines of Nubia were among the largest and most extensive in the world, and are described by the Greek author Diodorus Siculus. He mentions that fire-setting was one method used to break down the hard rock holding the gold. One of the complexes is shown in one of earliest known maps. They crushed the ore and ground it to a fine powder before washing the powder for the gold dust.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mining#Prehistoric_mining

7 Iron Smelting

Iron smelting is a form of extractive metallurgy; its main use is to produce a metal from its ore. This includes production of silver, iron, copper and other base metals from their ores. Smelting uses heat and a chemical reducing agent to decompose the ore, driving off other elements as gasses or slag and leaving just the metal behind.

Early iron smelting:

''Where and how iron smelting was discovered is widely debated, and remains uncertain due to the significant lack of production finds.. [but] there is a further possibility of iron smelting and working in West Africa by 1200 BC. In addition, very early instances of carbon steel were found to be in production around 2000 years before the present in northwest Tanzania, based on complex preheating principles. These discoveries are significant for the history of metallurgy.''

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smelting

8 Religion

Greek historian Diodorus Siculus. From his own statements we learn that he traveled in Egypt around 60 BC. His travels in Egypt probably took him as far south as the first Cataract.He wrote about the ''Ethiopians'' south of Egypt.

"They further write that it was among them that people were first taught to honor the gods and offer sacrifices and arrange processions and festivals and perform other things by which people honor the divine. For this reason their piety is famous among all men, and the sacrifices among the Aithiopians are believed to be particularly pleasing to the divinity,"

9 Laws

Stephanus of Byzantium, who is said to represent the opinions of the most ancient Greeks, says:

"Ethiopia was the first established country on the earth, and the Ethiopians were the first who introduced the worship of the Gods and who established laws."
Quoted by John D. Baldwin, Prehistoric Nations, p. 62.

10 International Trade

In 1825, Arnold Hermann Heeren (1760-1842), Professor of History and Politics in the University of Gottengen and one of the ablest of the early exponents of the economic interpretation of history, published, in the fourth and revised edition of his great work Ideen Uber Die Politik, Den Verkehr Und Den Handel Der Vornehmsten Volker Der Alten Weld, a lengthy essay on the history, culture, and commerce of the ancient Ethiopians, which had profound influence on contemporary writers in the conclusion that it was among these ancient Black people of Africa and Asia that international trade was first developed. He thinks that as a by-product of these international contacts there was an exchange of ideas and cultural practices that laid the foundations of the earliest civilizations of the ancient world. Heeren in his researches says: "From the remotest times to the present, the Ethiopians [ancient name for blacks south of the Sahara] have been one of the most celebrated, and yet the most mysterious of nations. In the earliest traditions of nearly all the..civilized nations of antiquity, the name of this distant people is found. The annals of the Egyptian priests are full of them, and the nations of inner Asia, on the Euphrates and Tigris, have interwoven the fictions of the Ethiopians with their traditions of the wars and conquests of their heroes; and, at a period equally remote, they glimmer in Greek mythology. When the Greeks scarcely knew Italy and Sicily by name, the Ethiopians were celebrated in the verses of their poets, and when the faint gleam of tradition and fable gives way to the clear light of history, the lustre of the Ethiopians is not diminished."

http://wysinger.homestead.com/blackegypt101.html

11 Philosophy

Philosophy is the study of general and fundamental problems, such as those connected with reality, existence, knowledge, values, reason, mind, and language. Philosophy is distinguished from other ways of addressing such problems by its critical, generally systematic approach and its reliance on rational argument.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophy#Ancient_philosophy

Philosophy in Africa has a rich and varied history, dating from pre-dynastic Egypt, continuing through the birth of Christianity and Islam. Arguably central to the ancients was the conception of "ma'at", which roughly translated refers to "justice", "truth", or simply "that which is right". One of the earliest works of political philosophy was the Maxims of Ptah-Hotep, which were taught to Egyptian schoolboys for centuries...Ancient Egyptian philosophers made extremely important contributions to Hellenistic philosophy, Christian philosophy, and Islamic philosophy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_philosophy

''Ancient Egyptian philosophy has been credited by the ancient Greeks as being the beginning of philosophy''.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Egyptian_philosophy

12 Art

The oldest art objects in the world—a series of tiny, drilled snail shells about 75,000 years old—were discovered in a South African cave.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art
Re: Ukrainian, Polish Police Threaten To Shoot Unarmed African Students (Videos) by Rostikol: 12:34am On Feb 28, 2022
Lesson from the above: The modern world which you brainwashed, conditioned, colonised slaves credit ''the white man'' for, would have been COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE without the contributions of Africans.
Re: Ukrainian, Polish Police Threaten To Shoot Unarmed African Students (Videos) by BleedTears: 5:48am On Feb 28, 2022
BleedTears:

Whether it is in millions or in billions there are deported for non documention and its not comparable anywhere to the situations on ground here. This is war, this is crisis international one at that.

In the phase of a crisis like this, immigration protocols are bypassed, but priorities are given to children and women which is normal in every country when there is war. And that is what they said initially

You can compare with what happen in Afghanistan, when talibans took over Afghanistan last year.

So for you to compare war crisis to a deportation, means you're the one clowning around. You could have made your point without the comparison. If you had compared the Ghana must go with the xenophobic attack in South Africa, it would have make more sense but to war crisis is laughable.

I know your biological brothers or sisters might not be there but someone from your country is definitely there and that should give you lots of concern, because you might be in their shoe one day (might) and don't think only the poor travel to other people's country, Macron the current France president was in nigeria for internship, imagine there was a war between Nigeria and a neighboring country at that time.

Lastly, those who has someone always shout for help when in distress or in need, but those who do not have anybody, do not shout for help because they is nobody to shout out to or call.

Nigerians speaking up is not because they're the only Africans there, but because they have people to call for help and they also have hope that the people they are calling will come for their rescue. But you see other Africans keeping quiet, is because they have nobody to call in times like this. And even if they have someone, they don't have hope that those people will come rescue them, so why bother.

And if you're a Ghanaian, am sure you might have heard about a Ghanaian that went to UK (January 2022) Scotland to be precise for studies and mistakenly toast a minor.

So don't think Ghanaians are not traveling because you don't have money to travel.

FERNANDEZISBACK update for you.

Someone calling has someone he/she is calling out, but someone not calling simply means he/she doesn't have anybody to call.

Nigerians calls because they have Nigeria to answer them.

Re: Ukrainian, Polish Police Threaten To Shoot Unarmed African Students (Videos) by The5DME(m): 5:50am On Feb 28, 2022
Deffjam:
lol Poco,na you qoute me Soo?? Mam I always regard you as an elder and Nairaland celebrity grin ....am happy fa. grin

You would be the last person on my mind sef...... grin grin

How is your Sunday ma ??
Nawa for you oh guy.
Re: Ukrainian, Polish Police Threaten To Shoot Unarmed African Students (Videos) by BlackBaron: 7:30am On Feb 28, 2022
Very difficult to see this happening in 2022. I find most Eastern Europeans are still racist, non accepting of black people and quite ignorant about our race.

I expect strongly worded messages from the Presidency as against the lame outbursts currently issued.
Re: Ukrainian, Polish Police Threaten To Shoot Unarmed African Students (Videos) by Salihusaliheen(m): 10:18am On Feb 28, 2022
Deffjam:
see this one...lol

What do you know... grin.
Give me Ukraine passport,I will japa tommorow morning....
lie Muhammad

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Wike Demanded 25% Of Rivers State Allocation, ₦2b From Palliative Money - Chetam / FG To PDP, Atiku: Governmment Of National Unity Will Never Happen / TB Joshua: Murder In The Church By FFK (Part 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.