Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,919 members, 7,814,091 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? (55324 Views)

How Is Student Live In Malta? / Any Info About Student Life In Ukraine? / Working Legally In Austria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by Jay94: 9:42am On Mar 04, 2022
My question is how high is Austria's admission rate especially the University of Klagenfurt when your documents are complete and well legalized?
Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by VanuatuWycombe: 10:06pm On Mar 05, 2022
Jay94:
My question is how high is Austria's admission rate especially the University of Klagenfurt when your documents are complete and well legalized?

For social science courses, it is toughest. For STEM, you have to apply very very very early to stand a chance. If not, it will be tougher. A lot of Indians and Pakistanis apply early than we Africans, even though their processes take longer than ours but they still get most of the slots ahead of us.
Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by Optimistguy1969: 2:03am On Mar 16, 2022
mright05:

That amazing I’m thinking of further my education in Austria, I have HND in mechanical engineering and what program can I apply to further my education in austria
Sup bro.
Was this question answered?
Are you in Austria now?
Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by Optimistguy1969: 10:24am On Mar 16, 2022
CrysWhite:
Please what are the requirements
Hi.
Please how do I contact you?
I sent you a PM.
Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by CrysWhite(f): 11:02am On Apr 06, 2022
Optimistguy1969:

Hi.
Please how do I contact you?
I sent you a PM.

Just seeing this now
What questions do you want to ask me
Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by Bookradio: 10:19pm On Apr 10, 2022
Is there no ministry I can legalise my travel document in lagos?
Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by CrysWhite(f): 10:30am On Apr 11, 2022
Bookradio:
Is there no ministry I can legalise my travel document in lagos?

Nope
Only in Abuja
Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by Jenny2412(f): 11:07am On Jul 31, 2022
Pls oooo, this legalisation/verification/authentication thing is confusing me since the process is MOE-MOFA- Embassy, does it mean I have to apply for admission first then get it before going through the Moe, mofa and Embassy process? You people should help me ooo
Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by Babygreene(f): 10:12am On Aug 13, 2022
Austria is nice country,with surrounded neighbors,Switzerland,Germany, Czech, especially in capital,Wien.its livelier than most swiss cantons.
Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by JiokeOc: 11:33am On Oct 28, 2022
Emmanuelosa:
Hey guys, just wanted to add

If anyone needs help with the whole process, or they're not sure where to start from or what to do, i can help you out, with that, but can't guarantee 100% success, and it's going to be for a fee.

You can send me a message if you're interested.
How can you be contacted?
Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by lextube: 12:08am On Jul 19, 2023
Hi, how does one get student accommodation in Austria? Most especially in a city like Vienna. Can anyone care to explain how? Thank you.
Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by lanretto: 9:46am On Jul 19, 2023
I would like to contact you
CrysWhite:

Just seeing this now
What questions do you want to ask me
Is about accomodation and proof of fund
I just got accepteed at the university of innsbruck
Part of the requirment is proof of accomodation , am supposed to have rental agreement, accommodation contract with a student hall of residence, how do I go about this as I dont know anyone in that city yet?

FOr the residence permit application I need a proof of fund must I use a sponsor or can I say am using my savings?
Also is it compulsory to transfer the money to Austria account when I get to Austria to collect my residence permit?
Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by MeineMutter: 11:03am On Aug 12, 2023
lextube:
Hi, how does one get student accommodation in Austria? Most especially in a city like Vienna. Can anyone care to explain how? Thank you.

Check STUWO, OEAD, Home4students, OJAB etc.

They are plenty here. But start from that. I may be able to get you more later, when I am free next week, by the grace of God.
Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by MeineMutter: 11:21am On Aug 12, 2023
lanretto:
I would like to contact you
Is about accomodation and proof of fund
I just got accepteed at the university of innsbruck
Part of the requirment is proof of accomodation , am supposed to have rental agreement, accommodation contract with a student hall of residence, how do I go about this as I dont know anyone in that city yet?

FOr the residence permit application I need a proof of fund must I use a sponsor or can I say am using my savings?
Also is it compulsory to transfer the money to Austria account when I get to Austria to collect my residence permit?

…how do I go about this as I dont know anyone in that city yet?

Short Answer: Getting accommodation can be tough in Innsbruck, because of shortage of homes.
It’s good you start your search early. Cheaper student hostels start from OJAB. You can check Housing Austria, OEAD, Viennabase (to see if it has accommodation in Innsbruck), Akademikerhilfe etc.

Your Question: FOr the residence permit application I need a proof of fund must I use a sponsor or can I say am using my savings?

Short Answer: It’s good you sponsor yourself if you are overage or going for Master’s course. Always be ready to show source of your fund.

Your Question: Also is it compulsory to transfer the money to austria account when I get to austria to collect my residence permit?

Short Answer: No. Yiu May only be asked to show the fund ( in your newly opened Austrian bank account) when you want to pick your residency card.
You may, alternatively, be asked to show your latest (Nigerian) bank statement, to prove that the fund is still there or be asked to log into your bank app and show them ( if you sponsor yourself). You may be lucky they won’t even ask for it. I have seen cases like that, especially, in town la and cities other than Vienna. But don’t believe that you won’t be asked.

I hope this is clear a bit.
Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by maestro299: 12:43pm On Nov 24, 2023
Lucy001:
Austria is a very gud country, wen it comes to schoöling dër it's enjoyable, like u hv said low tution, and even tranportation is cheap around wien, and u can be allowed to work as a student 4 like 25 hours a week, what city/university did u get admitted?
Hope you're having a wonderful day?
Are you still receiving enquiries about migration?

2 Likes

Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by OdogwuHappyMan: 9:59am On Jan 08
Good Morning Sir, I need help on houw to secure accomodation in klagenfurt austria or villach please help a brother

MeineMutter:

…how do I go about this as I dont know anyone in that city yet?

Short Answer: Getting accommodation can be tough in Innsbruck, because of shortage of homes.
It’s good you start your search early. Cheaper student hostels start from OJAB. You can check Housing Austria, OEAD, Viennabase (to see if it has accommodation in Innsbruck), Akademikerhilfe etc.

Your Question: FOr the residence permit application I need a proof of fund must I use a sponsor or can I say am using my savings?

Short Answer: It’s good you sponsor yourself if you are overage or going for Master’s course. Always be ready to show source of your fund.

Your Question: Also is it compulsory to transfer the money to austria account when I get to austria to collect my residence permit?

Short Answer: No. Yiu May only be asked to show the fund ( in your newly opened Austrian bank account) when you want to pick your residency card.
You may, alternatively, be asked to show your latest (Nigerian) bank statement, to prove that the fund is still there or be asked to log into your bank app and show them ( if you sponsor yourself). You may be lucky they won’t even ask for it. I have seen cases like that, especially, in town la and cities other than Vienna. But don’t believe that you won’t be asked.

I hope this is clear a bit.
Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by rapcy(m): 10:53am On Jan 08
I think admission is on, let me confirm
Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by Mboi: 10:41pm On Jan 08
Can a student come to Austria with dependent like they do in UK?
Also does anybody know about Austria Job seeker visa?
Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by MeineMutter: 1:27am On Jan 09
OdogwuHappyMan:
Good Morning Sir, I need help on houw to secure accomodation in klagenfurt austria or villach please help a brother

Hello brotherly,
Please go through all the websites of those hostels I mentioned under which you quoted me.
You may add these to your search list, if I haven’t mentioned them before: https://www.home4students.at/wohnheime-ubersicht/wohnheime-klagenfurt/

https://www.stuwo.at/en/

https://www.zebkiehousing.com/i/single-room-apartment-with-private-bathroom-and-kitchen-in-klagenfurt/

CAVEAT:
Do your own due diligence well, as I do not vouch for any of the hostels or accommodation providers I could have mentioned here or elsewhere.

Be sure you are dealing with a legitimate home provider, landlord or house agent etc before you make payment or sign any accommodation contract so as to enhance your chances of getting your RP approved and also not to loose money to s..cammers or fra_udsters.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Yankari Games Reserves In Bauchi In Pictures / Man Who Escaped Fuel Tanker Explosion Kneels Down To Thank God - Photos / Aerial Footage Showing The Crash Site Of Ethiopian Airlines (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.