Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,145 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:38 PM

Working Legally In Austria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Working Legally In Austria (83178 Views)

Nigerian Man Dies While In Custody Of Austria Police (Photo) / Nigerians Living In Austria,how Is Life Over There / How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Working Legally In Austria by smoothman(m): 5:04pm On Oct 15, 2009
Hello Nairalanders,
Please i really need your assistance.Am about travelling to Austria and as been told i will be staying with a relative who will come and pick me up at the port of Entry,He is working in a company.And he promised to get me a job when i get there,
I have gone to a travel Agent and she requested 500k,Payment after visa is out and confirmed.
I will be travelling with a Month Visa, I want to know whether it is posoble for him to get me my papers needed so as not to be an illegal immigrant.
Please i really need your assistance.Hope reading from you

Best Regards And God Bless
Re: Working Legally In Austria by justwise(m): 5:41pm On Oct 15, 2009
smoothman:

Hello Nairalanders,
Please i really need your assistance.Am about travelling to Austria and as been told[b] i will be staying with a relative who will come and pick me up at the port of Entry,He is working in a company.And he promised to get me a job when i get there,[/b]
I have gone to a travel Agent and she requested 500k,Payment after visa is out and confirmed.
I will be travelling with a Month Visa, I want to know whether it is posoble for him to get me my papers needed so as not to be an illegal immigrant.
If u are not going with working visa or permit then don't even dream of it.
How can u go with one MONTH visa and get a job within that one month?
I hope that the person picking u up is ur relative but if its the agency arrangement then i fear for ur life

2 Likes

Re: Working Legally In Austria by smoothman(m): 5:58pm On Oct 15, 2009
JUSTWISE@
HE IS MY RELATIVE,MY UNCLE IS MARRIED TO THE WIFE'S SISTER,HE IS WORKING THERE AND HAVE BEEN LIVING THERE FOR MORE THAN 7 YEARS NOW, SOMETIME LAST YEAR HE RETURNED,HE PROMISED TO GET ME THE REQUIRED WORKING DOCUMENTS, ACCORDING TO WHAT HE SAID , THE COMPANY WHICH HE WILL ATTACH ME TO WORK IN WILL GIVE ME A LETTER WHICH I WILL USE IN GOING FOR A WORKING PERMIT OF ONE YEAR, PLEASE DO A LITTLE RESEARCH AND GET BACK TO ME,

GOD BLESS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Working Legally In Austria by viaro: 6:05pm On Oct 15, 2009
justwise:

If u are not going with working visa or permit then don't even dream of it.
How can u go with one MONTH visa and get a job withen that one month?

I was wondering about the same thing - ONE MONTH visa. . for all that doh?
In my opinion, it is not even worth a second visit to that travel agent.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Working Legally In Austria by viaro: 6:13pm On Oct 15, 2009
smoothman:

JUSTWISE@
HE IS MY RELATIVE,MY UNCLE IS MARRIED TO THE WIFE'S SISTER,HE IS WORKING THERE AND HAVE BEEN LIVING THERE FOR MORE THAN 7 YEARS NOW, SOMETIME LAST YEAR HE RETURNED,HE PROMISED TO GET ME THE REQUIRED WORKING DOCUMENTS, ACCORDING TO WHAT HE SAID , THE COMPANY WHICH HE WILL ATTACH ME TO WORK IN WILL GIVE ME A LETTER WHICH I WILL USE IN GOING FOR A WORKING PERMIT OF ONE YEAR, PLEASE DO A LITTLE RESEARCH AND GET BACK TO ME,

First of all, have you visited the official site at vfs-austria.co.in?? If not, perhaps it's a good place to start, if for nothing else but to give you a picture of how things are meant to be over there.

Second, it is going to be tough luck to get there with a visa of ONE MONTH and hope to quickly get a work permit through that after you arrive there. In other words, if a work permit is what you're aiming for, the Embassy of Austria would require that you obtain that during your initial application before you even step over to Austria. It is not impossible for you to get the work permit once there; but it is not going to be easy to do so with one month's visa.

But there are questions to ask: since your relative has made some promises, he should be in a better position to know what's on ground and how things work over there. According to you, "HE PROMISED TO GET ME THE REQUIRED WORKING DOCUMENTS". . Okay, but something is wrong there. If he is going to do anything for you, he should not expect you to first try to meet a travel agency which is only hoping to get you just one month's visa. One should expect that the one who promised you a work permit is also able to help you source out the visa that would be necessary for the work permit as well.

I do hope everything goes superb for you. .  but please don't let anyone bleed all your resources (500k) for just a month's visa - that is awful!
Re: Working Legally In Austria by justwise(m): 6:27pm On Oct 15, 2009
smoothman:

JUSTWISE@
GOD BLESS
Please read what viaro have writen cos it makes alot of sense.
If ur relative wants to help u then they should send u all the necessary papers to apply for work permit. That travel agent is after ur money.
Please be careful

2 Likes

Re: Working Legally In Austria by kood: 6:42pm On Oct 15, 2009
smoothman:

Hello Nairalanders,
Please i really need your assistance.Am about travelling to Austria and as been told i will be staying with a relative who will come and pick me up at the port of Entry,He is working in a company.And he promised to get me a job when i get there,

All these is bullshit! your relative should help you with visa without you paying for it. 500k is alot of money. What kind of documents will someone you call your relative will procure with 500k just for visa.
secondly, if your relative live anywhere in Europe he cannot tell you that you will get work permit with the just one month visa. it is not easy to obtain work permit. of course he or she can help you get job which is illegal if manage to reach your destination.
your story sound too good to be true. it sound more of scamming to my mind. the person said you dont need to pay anthing until visa is out. of course that is what he or she will tell. In the course of getting the visa he or she will tell you that your visa is almost out that they need some money to pick the visa. He or she will show you some documents that will make you believe him or her. Also, he can decide to get a very easy visa to you and tell you that your relative or whoever will come to pick you there.
so be careful!

4 Likes

Re: Working Legally In Austria by asiwaju: 7:43pm On Oct 15, 2009
Hi,

Please let me warn you,you are making a mistake,dont dream of coming to Austria to work with a visiting visa,i live in vienna and please believe me,your inlaw is fooling you,nobody will advise you to come to Austria with a visiting visa and stay,not to talk of getting you a job,which state in Austria is your inlaw living?i will advise you to do your research very well before coming to Austria or else you will regret it.

Kind regards,

Asiwaju.

1 Like

Re: Working Legally In Austria by snokky(m): 8:23pm On Oct 15, 2009
plz tell your agent to quickly remove the 30days visa and give u your e-passport asap. 500k 4 where?

And mind you, dont loose that e-passport o,  cos its gonna be easier to run from Lagos to Ibadan

than for you to get it re-issued in Abuja!!

[b]Asiwaju [/b]don tell you from first hand experience

A word is enuff for  - ---------------------------

4 Likes

Re: Working Legally In Austria by OAM4J: 10:57pm On Oct 15, 2009
@ Poster

I will never subscribe to your plan. 500k for what? If you have more than 500k in your account, tell your relatives to send you an invitation, and apply for the visa yourself, you might get more than a month. You can use part of the 500k to go on visit first and confirm things for yourself. Please don’t pay anybody anything to get you a visa.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Working Legally In Austria by smoothman(m): 6:21pm On Oct 16, 2009
OAM4J@
Accroding to what he told me before, He applied for a Letter Of Invitation for me from Immigration over there in Austria, they gave him the Form which he filled his part and sent me my part, But on the confirmation cert which they are supposed to send to me, they said that they dont accept Travellers travelling with a Virgin Passport,
so he then told me to go and apply for a visa through an Agent, And when my Visa is out, I will book a flight and on arrival, he will pick me up and we both will go to the company were he works and find me a job there, With that i will apply for a Working Permit, And while working i can then go for other backing up documents on my residence,

Thats How he told me when i called on the phone, With my uncle who he is marrying his sister,

3 Likes

Re: Working Legally In Austria by viaro: 6:30pm On Oct 16, 2009
smoothman:

OAM4J@
Accroding to what he told me before, He applied for a Letter Of Invitation for me from Immigration over there in Austria, they gave him the Form which he filled his part and sent me my part, But on the confirmation cert which they are supposed to send to me, they said that they dont accept Travellers travelling with a Virgin Passport,
so he then told me to go and apply for a visa through an Agent, And when my Visa is out, I will book a flight and on arrival, he will pick me up and we both will go to the company were he works and find me a job there, With that i will apply for a Working Permit, And while working i can then go for other backing up documents on my residence,

But even at such a fee/price (500k), it is hugely unreasonable!
Anyhow, I don't think applying through an agent is going to make any difference IF the Embassy already has your profile on their database. Say I was refused in the first application as "Viaro Viaro" (with my picture in pasport), would it make any difference paying an agent 500k to fix me a visa of just ONE MONTH?

What I'm seeing here is a simple matter, and it doesn't matter that you've been refused once. The Austrian vignette is a Schengen visa - which means that you can use the same visa to travel around the Schengen states in Europe. So, if Austria is showing you a narrow passage, my advice is to look elsewhere. Build up your profile (bank account, insurance, etc - where those apply), and look to places like Finland. Find out about the Schengen instead of putting all your eggs in one basket. Just a thought. wink
Re: Working Legally In Austria by smoothman(m): 6:46pm On Oct 16, 2009
Thanks Broda.
But one thing you didnt answer me is this, does he have the ability of getting me a working permit in the company he is working in?He have a good position there and have the ability to fix me a job in the same company, Do you still believe that is never possible to get a working permit as long as am on visiting Visa?

3 Likes

Re: Working Legally In Austria by smoothman(m): 6:48pm On Oct 16, 2009
Justwise@

Thats How he told me when i called on the phone, With my uncle who he is marrying his sister,
Re: Working Legally In Austria by smoothman(m): 6:51pm On Oct 16, 2009
ASIWAJU@

Re: Working Legally In Austria by viaro: 6:52pm On Oct 16, 2009
smoothman:

Thanks Broda.
But one thing you didnt answer me is this, does he have the ability of getting me a working permit in the company he is working in?

See here:  https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-338305.0.html#msg4747337

He have a good position there and have the ability to fix me a job in the same company, Do you still believe that is never possible to get a working permit as long as am on visiting Visa?

Not impossible; but difficult.
Re: Working Legally In Austria by asiwaju: 7:14pm On Oct 16, 2009
Hi,

i am tired of people making fool of themselves in the name of feeling big,your relative is absolutely ridiculous,what kind of job is he doing here for him to be promising you a job in Austria after you arriving with a visiting visa,Austria is a language speaking country,without you speaking German language,my brother you are nothing,almost useless,nobody will employ you here and without work permit,forget it.

i am a long time resident in Austria and a citizen,my cousins and my brothers are here,before bringing them here,they all know what they are going to face,even me i own a taxi business in vienna,i can never employ them without them having a working permit,which is very very hard to get,i payed a lot to see all of them through here,i will never promised anybody coming here of a job,NEVER.

And owing a virgin passport has nothing to do with your visa,if you are qualified for a visa they will give it to you,my brother-in-law came here a month ago on a virgin passport for a visit.

Best Regards,

Asiwaju(Africanpride taxi unternehmen aus wien)

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Working Legally In Austria by smoothman(m): 1:09pm On Oct 20, 2009
@ Asiwaju.
Broda, Dont you think you been so hard on me, Am a Nigerian just like you are and you know the situation of things in the country,Am not going to lie to you or anyone just to make the sentence sweet,am just going to say my mind out and thats what i have been doing,So if your assistance can be rendered to me then you do it,But if it cant then you give me the advice and encouraging words and not discourage me coz thats not fair,You there doesnt mean that coming over to Austria with a visiting visa and then going for the permits needed.With God all things are possible.i still need your good advice and not the other way round.coz you seems a nice man.i wait to read from you,

@Nairalanders
You advice on my travelling to Austria is highly needed and appreciated.I will be submitting my passport and soon hope the visa will be out.I wait to read from you,
Re: Working Legally In Austria by justwise(m): 1:25pm On Oct 20, 2009
smoothman:

@ Asiwaju.
Broda, Dont you think you been so hard on me, Am a Nigerian just like you are and you know the situation of things in the country,Am not going to lie to you or anyone just to make the sentence sweet,am just going to say my mind out and thats what i have been doing,So if your assistance can be rendered to me then you do it,But if it cant then you give me the advice and encouraging words and not discourage me coz thats not fair,You there doesnt mean that coming over to Austria with a visiting visa and then going for the permits needed.With God all things are possible.i still need your good advice and not the other way round.coz you seems a nice man.i wait to read from you,
@NairalandersYou advice on my travelling to Austria is highly needed and appreciated.I will be submitting my passport and soon hope the visa will be out.I wait to read from you,
I do understand how u feel but pls listen, u can not go with visitor's visa and get work permit there, u will only waste ur money. Nobody here wants u to go and suffer, we are only telling u the truth.
If if ur uncle wants to help u for sure then let him get u a letter from that company stating that u have been given a job then that letter will be used plus all ur qualifications to apply for work permit. Go to Ausria embassy website and see the requirements for work permit. There is no back door to it.
Re: Working Legally In Austria by smoothman(m): 1:27pm On Oct 20, 2009
@JUSTWISE
I REALLY NEED YOU TO TELL ME THE EASIEST MEANS OF GETTING LEGAL RESIDENCE IN EUROPE OR ABROAD
Re: Working Legally In Austria by justwise(m): 1:51pm On Oct 20, 2009
To be honest with u, there are no easy way of doing it. In the case of UK, its either u marry a british citizen or u live here legally for 10yrs, for work permit holders its 5yrs.

Now u don't need to have a job offer to get work permit here in the uk but u need to have abt £40,000 in ur a/c to qualify for one. I don't know abt USA but u can find out from the website of ur intended country.
I will never advice u on any illegal ways of doing it cos it doesn't work.

Others decent Nigerians will tell u more.

But let me say this: Don't be desperate else u will fall into a wrong hand very quick.

2 Likes

Re: Working Legally In Austria by asiwaju: 7:28pm On Oct 20, 2009
@smoothman,

i hope you understand English language,i am talking about your relative not you,and what do you mean i know the situation of Nigeria?are people not surviving in Nigeria?do you know the situation of Austria?do you know what is going on here and please who is discouraging you?i will never discourage anybody,God will help you with the visa,so that you can come and see things yourself.

Dont be desperate to do things,and please believe me this guy is lying,after getting your visa,you are more than welcomed to visit me,i promised to pay for your german courses.

Asiwaju.

9 Likes

Re: Working Legally In Austria by symbian03(m): 8:54pm On Oct 20, 2009
Take it slow bro, Be extremely careful as you're on your way of loosing that 500k through one bloody agent. And by the way, did you think you can procure work permit within a month? Which also mean you could end up beeing an illegal immigrant which am sure there'll be a penalty for that Ciao.
Re: Working Legally In Austria by akanbijm: 11:26am On Oct 21, 2009
Asiwaju- Can you please expain how the economy situation of Austria look like for me.I am planning to study Accounting and Finance in one of the univerisites over there.Is it going to easy for me to get a job without Germany languge .Please i need your advise or do I need to learn Germany Language when I get there.
Re: Working Legally In Austria by asiwaju: 5:32pm On Oct 21, 2009
@akanbijm,

it depends on what you mean about economy situation,Austria has a very strong economy but unfortunately a very racist society(not all of them)for you to survive here you must learn and speak the language,Austrians respect especially blacks who speak and understand their language,and as a student you are allowed to work i think 20hr a week or less,but my brother you need to speak German language,is very very important,i wiil advise you to start learning the language from Nigeria,there are some schools offering german courses in Nigeria,i send my brothers and cousin there before they come to Austria,it will help you a lot if you know at least some words in german.

i will advise you to come with at least a student visa,please dont try to come here with a visiting visa,(for visiting yes)but not to try and stay,you will regret it,with a student visa,you will have a peace of mind and i may assist you if the need arise,but only if you are here legally.

Asiwaju
Re: Working Legally In Austria by smoothman(m): 12:15am On Oct 22, 2009
@Asiwaju
You are a very good broda, infact i dont know were to start thanking you for your advices and good heartedness ,but there is something that i want you to know,i have already paid the agent 2weeks ago and she have promised that the Visa will be out in 2-3 weeks time,So as just waiting on her to get back to me,her husband deals on USA visa's and she deals on European,
Dear Broda,I have been learning german from my sister who did the course in school and to be frank with you,if german language is 100% i can boast of knowing 15% of it,Am skilled,I did Computer Maintainance(Repairs,Softwares installation and coding),i Know Website Programming.Designs(coding,Javascripts,Oracle)
Thats one of the reasons why i did believe in myself too,You are an influenced man,You are a Citizen and have the ability to do what you want for anybody,I really need your help,Honestly i do,With your help i can get the little paperwork that will help me in one way or the other,My email addresses is desmondduuke4real@yahoo.com please do send me a mail so i can get your email address,I really want to meet you online so we can chat,You very nice and i appreciate,I have always been a good guy,Had Luck on me and believes in God,I will make it and wont fail because i have never failed before, Please i wait to read from you,
Once again a Thousand Thanks to you

@nairaland

Your Suggestions are so much cherished
Hundred of thanks to you all
Re: Working Legally In Austria by OAM4J: 1:01am On Oct 22, 2009
Fingers crossed till your visa is out. So keep us posted. (But I think paying 500k for visit visa is too much o, does d 500k payment include your flight tickets?) With 500K in an account I think one should be able to get a visit visa easily from any European embassy)

Good luck.
Re: Working Legally In Austria by smoothman(m): 4:25am On Oct 22, 2009
OAM4J@
Thanks, Please do tell me,What other documents will you be advicing me to travel with so as to make everything more easier for me and my relative who promised to assist,I need your assistance this time around and not just your advice,I Will forever cherish it and you as my friend,
Remember a friend in need is a friend indeed
I will keep you updated

God Bless
Re: Working Legally In Austria by Nobody: 6:52am On Oct 22, 2009
illegal immigrant in the making, europe is not bed of roses, i advice u to make a concreate plan instead of coming to austra in a month visa, hehehh s funny,
Re: Working Legally In Austria by akanbijm: 10:32am On Oct 22, 2009
Asiwaju-May God bless you for the good advise you have been given to people.I really appreciate all your efforts on this forum.I will be happy if you can give me your yahoo.messager address so that we can discuss better on the issue of schooling in Austria.I am very sure that you know better than I because you have been there for many years.I am looking forward to hearing from you.Thanks

Akanbijm
Re: Working Legally In Austria by OAM4J: 6:28pm On Oct 22, 2009
smoothman:

OAM4J@
Thanks, Please do tell me,What other documents will you be advicing me to travel with so as to make everything more easier for me and my relative who promised to assist,I need your assistance this time around and not just your advice,I Will forever cherish it and you as my friend,
Remember a friend in need is a friend indeed
I will keep you updated

God Bless

Cool down for now. Since you have paid an agent and you are expecting your visa in 3 weeks time, I will say wait until your visa is out. As a matter of fact most of the documents you need to process your work permit will have to be gotten in Austria, like letter of employment and stuffs like that. 1 document i think you might need from Nigeria will be the Police Report stating if you have any criminal record or not, you have to get that at Alagbon. But my real concern is that you might still have to come back to Naija to process your work permit, as many of these countries don’t usually allow people to change their living status in their country. Am not so sure about Austria sa. It would have been better if the visa they are processing for you is a student visa and not a visit visa.
Re: Working Legally In Austria by noblegas2(m): 4:16am On Oct 23, 2009
500k seriously? 1 month Visa?!! Does dat include Hotel & Airfare? Lmfao, i guess i ll open up a travel agency, lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. / ₦360billion, Inside The World's Most Expensive Embassy(Photos) / Owerri: Home Of Hotels, Shopping Malls And Club Houses (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.