Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,914 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

How 5-day Old Balewite.com Has Come Under Attack By Nigerian Hackers - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How 5-day Old Balewite.com Has Come Under Attack By Nigerian Hackers (1196 Views)

My Website Is Under Attack!! / Nigerian Hackers Attack Thier Own Govt / Why Is Nigerian Hackers Not Hacking Very Well Or Are They Not Real Hackers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How 5-day Old Balewite.com Has Come Under Attack By Nigerian Hackers by cdeveloper(m): 10:53am On Jun 28, 2011
Yeah it used to be an interesting thing to see new web apps and write reviews about it but i think things are beginning to change and i understand the times. I have been burned in the past before by same group of people who use root kit tools to hack porous sites and yelp in excitement of their work.
Balewite.com is just 5 days old and i have got heavy hacking activities on it in the past few days of its life. Well i am not surprised and i did anticipate this. I am a hacker myself so i know the roots they take to bring down porous sites. I have developed Balewite.com using technology not to common in the Nigerian landscape of coding so it would take some experience hackers to do some damages on it. Please note that i do not know the faces of the hackers but i do know their IPs and the city the come from and i know what to do when any of them crosses the line. Thanks and happy hacking guys
Re: How 5-day Old Balewite.com Has Come Under Attack By Nigerian Hackers by DualCore1: 6:13am On Jul 01, 2011
cdeveloper:

It would take some experience hackers to do some damages on it.

Actually, this is a wrong assumption and could make you lower your guard feeling you are in a safe zone when you are not. It could be anything from a hole in the OS you use to a hole in a script you never thought or noticed, it could be services running on standard ports giving the attacker something to chew on. What you may have now is script kiddies rattling door knobs on your site and that's something a good firewall rule set should handle. If this were targeted attacks your having IP addresses would be useless as I am sure you are aware of botnets and distributed attacks.

All the best with your site and I suggest you carry out regular security audits.

(1) (Reply)

I Need Advice On Alertpay/payza / We’re Ready For Nigerian Retail Business- Jumia.com Founders / How To Make Money From Store Owners Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.