Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,207 members, 7,829,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Today Is Ash Wednesday - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Today Is Ash Wednesday (10125 Views)

Today Is Ash Wednesday, Marks The Start Of The Lenten Period / Today Is Ash Wednesday; Beginning Of Lent / Insecurity: Catholics In Nigeria To Wear Black Outfits On Ash Wednesday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday by Kobojunkie: 6:03am On Mar 03, 2022
Felimax:
Point it to me where you did please.
You have eyes, so I am sure you can read. undecided
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday by Felimax(m): 6:04am On Mar 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:
■ God never asked any of you to rub ashes over themselves in the name of Jesus Christ
■and He certainly never asked anyone to celebrate a curse He placed on mankind in Genesis 3 vs 16 - 22, the very same curse which He sent Jesus Christ to redeem men from..
■ Your penance which you claim has absolutely nothing to do with that commanded by God as preached of by John the Baptist - Matthew 3 vs 7 - 11 - and by Jesus Christ. undecided

Your rituals are antiChrist- against Jesus Christ as they pursue that which runs counter His teachings to you. undecided

And you that cannot expose your own ritual that is God what does that make you?
When I told you I will not let you go you think I was joking right?
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday by Felimax(m): 6:05am On Mar 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:
You have eyes, so I am sure you can read. undecided

Agent of darkness! Reveal your truth and you were scared, point me in you are still scared.
You dare come here to spill trash.
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday by Felimax(m): 6:08am On Mar 03, 2022
Kobojunkie I am not done with you yet. I am Felimax here and I don't mince my words I say it the way they are. I cannot deny my faith because of a nonentity like you.
I am a proud Catholic whether your G.O likes it or not.
Come back here I am not done with you.
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday by Kobojunkie: 6:09am On Mar 03, 2022
Felimax:
1. Oga you are nothing but the devil's incarnate. Before the world you could tell lies just to hide your stupidity. So, you just randomly pick the Bible and God spoke through you all you learnt from the Bible.

2. You were never a member of any church, like seriously?

3. So Christ did not found any church on earth or is just your stupidity that has metamorphos into something else
1. I challenge you to speak up about the lie you accuse me of here. undecided

2. Growing up, I had no belief in God even though my mother tried to shove religion down our throats but never made sense to me as the more I listened, the more the tales didn't add up. And for good reason... they contradicted what was written in scripture. As an adult, I embrace myself in unbelief and decided much later to find the true God on my own. And in 2017, I finally figured out that all it took was obedience , just as it is written... obedience of God's very own commandments as given. undecided

3. Why would Jesus Christ have need to found a church on earth when He said His followers and even His Kingdom are not of this world? This isn't really rocket science. undecided
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday by Kobojunkie: 6:11am On Mar 03, 2022
Felimax:
1. And you that cannot expose your own ritual that is God what does that make you?
2. When I told you I will not let you go you think I was joking right?
1. My ritual.. what would that be? undecided
2. You will not let me go? You really think I am here because of you? It is 11 :11 pm here so you better be sure you are alright. undecided
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday by Felimax(m): 6:12am On Mar 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:
2. You will not let me go? You really think I am here because of you? undecided

No you are here because of who sir? The Pope?
Keep your frustrated life down here let's dig deeper.
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday by Kobojunkie: 6:12am On Mar 03, 2022
Felimax:
Kobojunkie I am not done with you yet. I am Felimax here and I don't mince my words I say it the way they are. I cannot deny my faith because of a nonentity like you.
I am a proud Catholic whether your G.O likes it or not.
Come back here I am not done with you.
Are you really this ignorant? undecided
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday by Kobojunkie: 6:13am On Mar 03, 2022
Felimax:
No you are here because of who sir? The Pope?
Keep your frustrated life down here let's dig deeper.
Don't assume we exist in the same bubble of frustration that you do. undecided
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday by Felimax(m): 6:14am On Mar 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:
2. You will not let me go? You really think I am here because of you? It is 11 :11 pm here so you better be sure you are alright. undecided

As if I give a hoot what your time is.
Do I look like somebody that give a Bleep where your time zone is.
I can pay your bills wherever you are.
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday by Felimax(m): 6:16am On Mar 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:

Who is more frustrated than he darkness has envelope?
Just like your name goes you are nothing but a kobojunkie.
You can tell your time but you cannot tell your denomination.
Frustrated fellow!
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday by Felimax(m): 6:18am On Mar 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Are you really this ignorant? undecided

Yes, and my ignorance has made you sweat on your pants. Has kept your frustrated life here for hours.
So who is more ignorant?
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday by Felimax(m): 6:20am On Mar 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:

2. Growing up, I had no belief in God even though my mother tried to shove religion down our throats but never made sense to me as the more I listened, the more the tales didn't add up. And for good reason... they contradicted what was written in scripture. As an adult, I embrace myself in unbelief and decided much later to find the true God on my own. And in 2017, I finally figured out that all it took was obedience , just as it is written... obedience of God's very own commandments as given. undecided

3. Why would Jesus Christ have need to found a church on earth when He said His followers and even His Kingdom are not of this world? This isn't really rocket science. undecided

No it is not a rocket science as said by the devil himself but after His death His was on Earth for weeks appearing over and over again just to solidify His church.
What brand of the demons are speaking through you?
Reveal yourself now.
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday by Felimax(m): 6:23am On Mar 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:

Growing up, I had no belief in God even though my mother tried to shove religion down our throats but never made sense to me as the more I listened, the more the tales didn't add up

That is the foundation of your problem, I know you will reveal yourself and till you die everything about God's word will still be difficult for you to understand completely.

You don't have foundation and you want to build on something?
Very funny!
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday by AntiChristian: 8:35am On Mar 03, 2022
ANTIlSLAM:

But Jesus Christ fasted for 40days and night isn't it?

Now ask your alfa if the same Jesus Christ you said is a Muslim carry kettle, wash his mouth, legs and hands b4 praying

No wonder you passed your SSCE English with help! See the questions asked and see your answer!

Did Jesus fast in lent?

Did Jesus put Ash on people forehead as we dey see today?

Who started all these?
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday by AntiChristian: 8:36am On Mar 03, 2022
ifiokjohn:
anything you bound on Earth has been bound in heaven and anything you lose on Earth has been lose in heaven. Meaning that if we bring lent, it is also allowed in heaven

What if you bring idol worshiping?

Anything?

Which Bible verse states that?
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday by AntiChristian: 8:47am On Mar 03, 2022
Felimax:

Too much weed!
Was Jesus a Christian?

Na you smoke weed right? See my question again below and re-read your answer above.

Did Jesus fast in lent?

Who started all these?
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday by Felimax(m): 9:16am On Mar 03, 2022
AntiChristian:

Na you smoke weed right? See my question again below and re-read your answer above.

Did Jesus fast in lent?

Who started all these?

Did Jesus fast in lent?
Jesus is the reason for lent.
Was there lent in Jesus's time?

Oga David did. Christianity did not say anything Jesus did not do is invalid. Where did you get that from?

Who started all these?
Go to the early fathers of the church if you will find anything familiar.
Who gave you the bible?
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday by Felimax(m): 9:19am On Mar 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:

I only want to tender my sincere apologies if during our discussion I use a wrong word(s) on you.
Please accept my apology.
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday by ifiokjohn(m): 9:41am On Mar 03, 2022
AntiChristian:

What if you bring idol worshiping?

Anything?

Which Bible verse states that?
Jesus explicitly told the disciples that. If you don't know the passage, I can't help you.

But that statement from Jesus shows that anything they bond or accept on Earth that isn't bad is accepted in heaven.

By the way, in many instances in the Bible people used ashes on their heads etc. We saw that with the people of Nineveh and with David too I think. So calm down.
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday by ifiokjohn(m): 9:48am On Mar 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Your utterance here is born of ignorance and foolishness! undecided

God gave no man power to add, change or remove commandments where His Law is concerned. He warned you against this very act in Matthew 15 vs 1 - 15 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 13, warning that those of you who break this law by following the doctrines and traditions of men essentially render null the power of God's Word- Jesus Christ- in your life's by this. undecided

Your lent rituals are born of the doctrines and traditions of men, that which Jesus Christ announced as lies. You celebrate God's curse on mankind through your rituals, a curse which stands in contradiction of the redemption granted us by God from the curse through Jesus Christ, yet you convince yourselves that his unholy ritual you can bind to that which is of God? You heap God's curse upon yourselves by your actions. undecided
I swear you no get Sense.
No be Jesus tell him disciples say anything they bound on Earth has been bound in heaven and anything they lose on Earth is lose in heaven.
Also you believe lent is evil abeg didn't the people of Nineveh put ashes on their heads to beg for forgiveness? That's also wat lent is about.

Did God tell them to put ashes on their heads? No. How come God accepted their repentance?

Lol the people of Nineveh used Sam tradition of men to gain forgiveness from God. So I'll take their experience over you any day and time.

Have noticed you in this forum, you behave like you know everything while you're as ignorant as anything.
Yu have no sense and do not even understand what you claim too.

We see in Many instances in the Bible where different individuals put ashes in on their heads to show repentance and God forgive them. If God is against it, would he forgive them? Use your head Oga. Mtcheeeew.

By the way, Go and quarrel Jesus for telling his disciples that. Mtcheeeew

1 Like

Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday by AntiChristian: 10:17am On Mar 03, 2022
ifiokjohn:
Jesus explicitly told the disciples that. If you don't know the passage, I can't help you.

But that statement from Jesus shows that anything they bond or accept on Earth that isn't bad is accepted in heaven.

By the way, in many instances in the Bible people used ashes on their heads etc. We saw that with the people of Nineveh and with David too I think. So calm down.

You haven't answered any of the questions!
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday by AntiChristian: 10:18am On Mar 03, 2022
Felimax:

Did Jesus fast in lent?
Jesus is the reason for lent.
Was there lent in Jesus's time?

Oga David did. Christianity did not say anything Jesus did not do is invalid. Where did you get that from?

Who started all these?
Go to the early fathers of the church if you will find anything familiar.
Who gave you the bible?

You should have just tell us Christianity was founded by the early fathers of the Church and not Jesus.
This is simple!
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday by ifiokjohn(m): 10:19am On Mar 03, 2022
AntiChristian:

You haven't answered any of the questions!
You haven't asked a reasonable question.
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday by AntiChristian: 10:20am On Mar 03, 2022
Waylex21:

Did Jesus preach repentance? Yes He did. That's what Lent emphasizes.
Does repentance go with any outward manifestation? Repentance is accompanied by wearing sack clothes and ashes as we find severally in the Bible. That's what the ashes on the forehead signify.

The season of Lent is a 40-day period of intense prayer, abstinence and charity in order to rise newly with Jesus as we celebrate His suffering, death and ressurection at Easter.

And as a matter of fact, communal fast is observed in the Bible. So, as a community of faith, we encourage ourselves to abstain, to pray more and to be more charitable. Does the Bible support these? Yes it does.

That's what Lent is all about.

This is not what i asked?

Did Jesus fast in lent?

Who started all these?
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday by AntiChristian: 10:21am On Mar 03, 2022
crimo:

The same church tradition that put together the canon of scripture.

It was started by the founding fathers of Christianity!

What are their names?
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday by AntiChristian: 10:22am On Mar 03, 2022
ifiokjohn:
You haven't asked a reasonable question.

Did Jesus fast in lent?

Who started all these?

Kindly give us names/Bible verses of the starters of lent and incidences in the Bible?
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday by Felimax(m): 10:27am On Mar 03, 2022
AntiChristian:

You should have just tell us Christianity was founded by the early fathers of the Church and not Jesus.
This is simple!

No, Jesus nurtured Christianity!
It was Jesus that went to Rome!
Sorry I forgot, Jesus wrote the acts of the apostles!
I don forget say na Jesus write the Bible. Lol, this Jesus is such a mighty God, He single handedly compile the 66 books.
This weed wey I take wan finish me.
Madam I beg give me ogogoro, me and my friend wan take small.

Senior brother I beg forgive me, I nor know anything.
Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday by AntiChristian: 10:35am On Mar 03, 2022
grin

Felimax:

No, Jesus nurtured Christianity!
It was Jesus that went to Rome!
Sorry I forgot, Jesus wrote the acts of the apostles!
I don forget say na Jesus write the Bible. Lol, this Jesus is such a mighty God, He single handedly compile the 66 books.
This weed wey I take wan finish me.
Madam I beg give me ogogoro, me and my friend wan take small.

Senior brother I beg forgive me, I nor know anything.

Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday by ifiokjohn(m): 10:41am On Mar 03, 2022
AntiChristian:

Did Jesus fast in lent?

Who started all these?

Kindly give us names/Bible verses of the starters of lent and incidences in the Bible?
lol. There are many instances Jesus fast but it wasn't even written in the Bible. No be everything Bible go write

Many Prophets even people like king David I think put ashes on their foreheads. We saw Same in Nineveh and it was accepted by GOD.

What you should be asking is, do God allow people to put ashes on their heads in repentance? And the answer will b YES. GOD accepted that from the people of Nineveh and from many Prophets too and the people of isreal.

The people of Israel might have called their own Ashe Putting different names but it mean same things with what Lenth is all about. Just like in my language 'Annang' we might not call it Lenth but whatever we call it it means the Same thing and for Same purpose- Repentance.

1 Like

Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday by AntiChristian: 10:49am On Mar 03, 2022
ifiokjohn:
lol. There are many instances Jesus fast but it wasn't even written in the Bible. No be everything Bible go write

Many Prophets even people like king David I think put ashes on their foreheads. We saw Same in Nineveh and it was accepted by GOD.

What you should be asking is, do God allow people to put ashes on their heads in repentance? And the answer will b YES. GOD accepted that from the people of Nineveh and from many Prophets too and the people of isreal.

The people of Israel might have called their own Ashe Putting different names but it mean same things with what Lenth is all about. Just like in my language 'Annang' we might not call it Lenth but whatever we call it it means the Same thing and for Same purpose- Repentance.

You still haven't answered any of the questions!

Did Jesus fast in lent?

Did Jesus put Ash on people's forehead as we dey see today?

Who started all these?

Re: Today Is Ash Wednesday by ifiokjohn(m): 11:03am On Mar 03, 2022
AntiChristian:

You still haven't answered any of the questions!

Did Jesus fast in lent?

Did Jesus put Ash on people's forehead as we dey see today?

Who started all these?

You're asking stupid question ND have answered you.

Did Jesus drive car? No. Then it bad for us to drive car.

You're indeed just a troll

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hello Heathens! / Is It Right To Bosom Feed A Baby In Church? / Christmas, The Best Season Of The Year Worldwide!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.