Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,023 members, 7,849,121 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 02:52 PM

Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? (24646 Views)

Which States Will Give Tinubu Bloc Votes? / Which States Will Peter Obi Win To Win The Presidential Election? / Which States Will Oppose The New VAT Ruling? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by 183eee: 5:28am On Mar 03, 2022
[s]
LegendHero:

Well if you factor in the economics on a long term basis solar powered electric will eventually be cheaper than fossil fuel especially for the North.

Currently now they have a proposed 100MW Solar capital project in Bauchi and another JBS Wind power project under development in Plateau state with 100MW capacity too. They just need to explore their own core competency in Solar and hydro-electric.

In this game, if every region are left to fend for themselves with their own resources, each region will have to eventually make use of what is economically viable for them with respect to power.

Mozambique for example generates 81% of their electricity from hydro and Ethiopia also generate almost 90% of their power from their hydro-electric since that’s their own economically viable way.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by 183eee: 5:28am On Mar 03, 2022
[s]
LegendHero:

Like I said before, the consumption power and the ability for the consumers to pay for those electricity will be a great driving force in predicting the states that will do the most well.

Currently the state with one of the highest numbers of IPP in Nigeria is Ogun State. Even with a greater combined capacity and number than Lagos state.

I might be wrong but you can correct me if you have better source.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by 1838e: 5:30am On Mar 03, 2022
[s]
LegendHero:

—Westcom Tech & Energy Source — 1000MW

—Farm Electric Supply Limited, Ota — 150MW

—Ibafo Power Station — 200MW

—Magboro Power Plant —90MW

—Largarge 260MW in Ewekoro or so.

—Agbara Shoreline Power Likitee — 100MW

—Paras Energy & Natiral Resoirces Dev, Ogijo — 96MW
(They promised 1000MW capacity) not sure if they do.

—Hudson Power Limited, Warawa — 150MW
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by 183e: 5:34am On Mar 03, 2022
[s]
LegendHero:

That Alaoji you mentioned is a NIPP and not necessarily fully IPP like that.

It’s just like including the likes of Olorunsogo, Egbema, Omotosho power plants as IPPs. They are all not IPP. Some have been privatized of recent tho and don’t know whether Alaoji is part or not.

Remove that from the listed Aba IPP you gave up there.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by 183eee: 5:35am On Mar 03, 2022
[s]
LegendHero:

Lol. You should just admit your error and not say till then.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by 183eee: 5:35am On Mar 03, 2022
[s]
LegendHero:

That you listed Ariara as a non-FG sponsored IPP.

All the power plants I listed all have their license with NERC so I don’t understand what you’re saying.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by Anambra1stSon(m): 6:08am On Mar 03, 2022
LegendHero:

That you listed Ariara as a non-FG sponsored IPP.

All the power plants I listed all have their license with NERC so I don’t understand what you’re saying.
You said IPP project which I listed, you end up listing companies with license and not power stations

4 Likes

Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by Onepeople: 9:29am On Mar 03, 2022
Rollsnjaguar:

Guy you are deceiving the public.

There is kidnapping and Ritual killings in Southwest. Yet Lagos to Ibadan Railway construction was achieved.

Stop acting as if insecurity is peculiar to Southeast.

Bokoharam is very active in Borno, Katsina, Kaduna etc. Yet government projects are ongoing in those areas.

But you keep ranting on this platform as if Southeast is the worst insecure part of Nigeria.

Please grow up.
how sure are you that those guys are not the sponsoring insecurity in the south east?

2 Likes

Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by Rollsnjaguar(m): 9:33am On Mar 03, 2022
Onepeople:
how sure are you that those guys are not the sponsoring insecurity in the south east?

That's my suspicion as well. They claim to be Igbos. But they are telling the public to relocate their businesses to Lagos.

Despite all the kidnapping and Ritual killings in Southwest and North. You won't see anybody asking people to relocate businesses, except these group of guys.

6 Likes

Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by Action102(m): 9:57am On Mar 03, 2022
Am here to read comments
Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by Cokahot: 9:57am On Mar 03, 2022
Edo state,at 1hr a week and e go be Saturday night for 8pm to 9pm. Take iron cloth,pump water,go church on Sunday, go pray.
Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by Afamed: 10:00am On Mar 03, 2022
udele1:
I hope IPOB terrorist, will allow the SE tap into this.
The IPoB terrorist are agent of darkness.
Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by Jlow2: 10:01am On Mar 03, 2022
Imo state highest gas deposit in nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by dalongjnr: 10:04am On Mar 03, 2022
Him the northern state of Niger state that can go for solar and hydroelectric way.
Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by Chikeluba25(m): 10:05am On Mar 03, 2022
Anambra

1 Like

Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by SyrusdeHansome(m): 10:09am On Mar 03, 2022
Akwa Ibom already has Ibom power plant

1 Like

Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by SmartPolician: 10:10am On Mar 03, 2022
DankemzI:
Akwa Ibom State has Ibom Power plant (IPP) with a 5,000 capacity and plans to expand to 15,000 which is achivable with our massive gas reserve!
This will make Akwa Ibom the most industrialized state in the Niger Delta

What's the unit?
Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by xelly: 10:12am On Mar 03, 2022
Imo State have highest gas deposit in Nigetia. Imo State will/can power Nigeria with gas.

2 Likes

Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by COMPAQ(m): 10:13am On Mar 03, 2022
DankemzI:
Akwa Ibom State has Ibom Power plant (IPP) with a 5,000 capacity and plans to expand to 15,000 which is achivable with our massive gas reserve!
This will make Akwa Ibom the most industrialized state in the Niger Delta

Oga calm down. No single power plant in Nigeria has A capacity of over 1500Mw, so not sure where your 5000MW for Ibom Power is coming from.

Besides having 24hr power in a state alone is not a golden ticket for industrialization. What if Lagos, Ogun Oyo, Rivers, Plateau, Nassarawa, FCT all achieve 24hr power as well, so what would necessarily make me site my plant in Akwa Ibom instead of Ogun or Oyo state?

7 Likes

Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by Nobody: 10:17am On Mar 03, 2022
Niger
Anambra
Rivers
Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by treesun: 10:17am On Mar 03, 2022
udele1:
I know Anambra will do well with Gas.

Enugu will do with coal.

You can add others.

Kogi, Kwara, Anambra, Enugu, Akwa Ibom, River, Niger, Bayelsa, Sokoto, Kebbi, Benue in that order!
Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by mrfizy(m): 10:17am On Mar 03, 2022
Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by baralatie(m): 10:21am On Mar 03, 2022
Goddyj:
This is the first time you're posting something that is not about IPOB and Biafra. This account has been hacked angry
Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by baralatie(m): 10:22am On Mar 03, 2022
COMPAQ:

Oga calm down. No single power plant in Nigeria has A capacity of over 1500Mw, so not sure where your 5000MW for Ibom Power is coming from.

Besides having 24hr power in a state alone is not a golden ticket for industrialization. What if Lagos, Ogun Oyo, Rivers, Plateau, Nassarawa, FCT all achieve 24hr power as well, so what would necessarily make me site my plant in Akwa Ibom instead of Ogun or Oyo state?
Reasonable point
Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by baralatie(m): 10:24am On Mar 03, 2022
So which state will be able to generate 3000mw
Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by mmsen: 10:25am On Mar 03, 2022
tollyboy5:
lagos has the money to settle that. im very sure Lagos will start making process immediately

Lagos can barely handle transport for the population that it has.

Can barely handle sanitation.

The idea that they will become wizards when it comes to electricity is laughable.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bauchi, Gombe Fight Over New Oil Wells / GRV To Sanwo-Olu: Agberocracy’ Has Produced Your Illegitimate Government / Profile Of Caleb Mutfwang, Plateau State Governor-Elect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.