Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,360 members, 7,860,990 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:21 PM

Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? (24682 Views)

Which States Will Give Tinubu Bloc Votes? / Which States Will Peter Obi Win To Win The Presidential Election? / Which States Will Oppose The New VAT Ruling? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by richiemcgold: 9:31pm On Mar 02, 2022
mrvitalis:

Imo was the first state to have an ipp so relax
I don't understand you. Relax for what exactly?
Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by Ttalk: 9:32pm On Mar 02, 2022
mrvitalis:

Imo was the first state to have an ipp so relax

You have landed again with your bias opinion, go and Goggle Enron project during the first tenure of Tinubu as Lagos governor

9 Likes

Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by Anambra1stSon(m): 9:45pm On Mar 02, 2022
LegendHero:

—Westcom Tech & Energy Source — 1000MW

—Farm Electric Supply Limited, Ota — 150MW

—Ibafo Power Station — 200MW

—Magboro Power Plant —90MW

—Agbara Shoreline Power Likitee — 100MW

—Paras Energy & Natiral Resoirces Dev, Ogijo — 96MW
(They promised 1000MW capacity) not sur
e if they do.

—Hudson Power Limited, Warawa — 150MW
Most of what you listed are not power stations

Aba Power station 140MW
Alaoji power station 1074MW
Geometric power plant 141MW

10 Likes

Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by LegendHero(m): 9:48pm On Mar 02, 2022
post=110700720:

Aba Power station 140MW

They are all power plants and licensed by NERC.

So what are they if I may ask?

They are all powered by gas just like Aba, Alaoji, and etc.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by zuchyblink(m): 9:51pm On Mar 02, 2022
Egbema power plant in Imo state is 339 MW
Century power in Okija is 1500MW. They are all gas fired

8 Likes

Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by Laggafin: 9:53pm On Mar 02, 2022
Imo will do very well cause of it's huge Gas reserves.. Infact in the overall the East will be most efficient in power generation

7 Likes

Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by LegendHero(m): 9:53pm On Mar 02, 2022
post=110700720:

Aba Power station 140MW

That Alaoji you mentioned is a NIPP and not necessarily fully IPP like that.

It’s just like including the likes of Olorunsogo, Egbema, Omotosho power plants as IPPs. They are all not IPP. Some have been privatized of recent tho and don’t know whether Alaoji is part or not.

Remove that from the listed Aba IPP you gave up there.

12 Likes

Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by Anambra1stSon(m): 9:57pm On Mar 02, 2022
LegendHero:

Hudson Power Limited, Westcom Tech & Energy Source, doesn't have any existing power plant.
Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by Anambra1stSon(m): 10:05pm On Mar 02, 2022
LegendHero:

Shell primes gas plant 40MW also located in Aba

6 Likes

Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by zuchyblink(m): 10:05pm On Mar 02, 2022
Geometric power is coming with 141 MW power plant in Aba. Nigeria is blessed beyond our imagination. They should reduce the power at the centre and see Nigeria blossom.

3 Likes

Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by Anambra1stSon(m): 10:10pm On Mar 02, 2022
LegendHero:

That Alaoji you mentioned is a NIPP and not necessarily fully IPP like that.

It’s just like including the likes of Olorunsogo, Egbema, Omotosho power plants as IPPs. They are all not IPP. Some have been privatized of recent tho and don’t know whether Alaoji is part or not.

Remove that from the listed Aba IPP you gave up there.
Ariaria IPP also located in Aba
Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by zuchyblink(m): 10:17pm On Mar 02, 2022
Amaraku and Izombe power stations, under the Imo Rural Electrification Project. These were the first ever-massive independent power projects ever carried out by any state government in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by mrvitalis(m): 10:18pm On Mar 02, 2022
Ttalk:

You have landed again with your bias opinion, go and Goggle Enron project during the first tenure of Tinubu as Lagos governor
Imo IPP was in the 1980s oga ...go n sleep

4 Likes

Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by LegendHero(m): 10:20pm On Mar 02, 2022
post=110701475:

Ariaria IPP also located in Aba

That’s Federal government nao haba.

I thought we are trying to contextualize this based on either private or State government sponsored plants.

If you are going to count Ariara, then you have to factor other ones like that the FG will be building in Kano, Lagos, Ondo, and Oyo and those they are building in nine universities currently.

8 Likes

Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by LegendHero(m): 10:21pm On Mar 02, 2022
mrvitalis:

Imo IPP was in the 1980s oga ...go n sleep

What is the name of the said IPP owned by Imo state government/ Private company as at 1980?

4 Likes

Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by idahme(m): 10:22pm On Mar 02, 2022
DankemzI:
Akwa Ibom State has Ibom Power plant (IPP) with a 5,000 capacity and plans to expand to 15,000 which is achivable with our massive gas reserve!
This will make Akwa Ibom the most industrialized state in the Niger Delta

@bolded is it 5000 kobo? or 15000 kobo?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by idahme(m): 10:22pm On Mar 02, 2022
DankemzI:
Akwa Ibom State has Ibom Power plant (IPP) with a 5,000 capacity and plans to expand to 15,000 which is achivable with our massive gas reserve!

@bolded is it 5000 kobo or 15000 kobo?

1 Like

Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by mrvitalis(m): 10:22pm On Mar 02, 2022
LegendHero:

What is the name of the said IPP owned by Imo state government/ Private company as at 1980?
Yes oga ...by Sam mbakwe ...till Buhari government stopped the usage to it was sold to rivers state in 1999
Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by Anambra1stSon(m): 10:24pm On Mar 02, 2022
LegendHero:

That’s Federal government nao haba.

I thought we are trying to contextualize this based on either private or State government sponsored plants.

If you are going to count Ariara, then you have to factor other ones like that the FG will be building in Kano, Lagos, Ondo, and Oyo and those they are building in nine universities currently.
Till then

Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by LegendHero(m): 10:26pm On Mar 02, 2022
post=110701837:

Till then

Lol. You should just admit your error and not say till then.

9 Likes

Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by OBALOLA55(m): 10:28pm On Mar 02, 2022
udele1:
I know Anambra will do well with Gas.

Enugu will do with coal.

You can add others.
AJO NNUNU

3 Likes

Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by Anambra1stSon(m): 10:30pm On Mar 02, 2022
LegendHero:

Lol. You should just admit your error and not say till then.
Which error That you listed non existing power plants

2 Likes

Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by OBALOLA55(m): 10:30pm On Mar 02, 2022
LegendHero:
I will tip Lagos state because they have the purchasing power to consume the power for the sponsors to reap benefit or break even.

Power generation is very expensive and for the state to break even, they must have citizens that can afford it in their multitudes.

If NBS gives us the correct data of states residents purchasing power, that can help each governor to understand what it will feel like if they embark on such huge projects.

Governors will now start campaigning with “I will give this state 24hrs electricity and bla bla bla”. Looking forward to that honestly.
HOW ABOUT OGBOMOSHO YOUR HOMETOWN

1 Like

Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by LegendHero(m): 10:32pm On Mar 02, 2022
post=110701988:

Which error That you listed non existing power plants

That you listed Ariara as a non-FG sponsored IPP.

All the power plants I listed all have their license with NERC so I don’t understand what you’re saying.

7 Likes

Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by Golan007: 10:42pm On Mar 02, 2022
Rollsnjaguar:

Go and sit down. The second Niger bridge is in progress. Did IPoB ask them to stop work.

There is construction ongoing at Obosi Onitsha by Julius Berger. Work is going on there daily. Did IPoB disturb them?

Stop painting Southeast as if there is war happening there.

The Muhammadu Buhari Bridge is safe because it borders Delta state.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by JOemmy(m): 11:39pm On Mar 02, 2022
Aba is already far ahead with that $500m barth nnaji power plant.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by Panda7(m): 11:49pm On Mar 02, 2022
i think crude oil
Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by Rollsnjaguar(m): 12:30am On Mar 03, 2022
Golan007:

The Muhammadu Buhari Bridge is safe because it borders Delta state.

You don't know what you are saying and you don't live in Southeast. Stop misinforming the public.

There are several ongoing projects by federal government in various part of Southeast and construction is going smoothly.

The new airport built by Anambra governor is it also in border town with Delta? Am mentioning a completed project inside Southeast?

Did IPoB kill anybody during the construction of that Airport?

You guys are misinforming the public and creating unnecessary panic which don't exist.

5 Likes

Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by Microwhy: 2:03am On Mar 03, 2022
udele1:
I know Anambra will do well with Gas.

Enugu will do with coal.

You can add others.
No coal plant will be allowed.
Nigeria already sign Paris agreement, except state are ready to float the agreement.
Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by Hunchogee: 2:33am On Mar 03, 2022
DankemzI:
works is in place already for the expansion
Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by 183e: 5:27am On Mar 03, 2022
[s]
LegendHero:
I will tip Lagos state because they have the purchasing power to consume the power for the sponsors to reap benefit or break even.

Power generation is very expensive and for the state to break even, they must have citizens that can afford it in their multitudes.

If NBS gives us the correct data of states residents purchasing power, that can help each governor to understand what it will feel like if they embark on such huge projects.

Governors will now start campaigning with “I will give this state 24hrs electricity and bla bla bla”. Looking forward to that honestly.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by 183e: 5:27am On Mar 03, 2022
[s]
LegendHero:

You’re correct. The only best alternative for the North especially is hydro power. Even currently now, most of the hydroelectric power plant are domiciled in the North either operational or non-operational.

Kainji, Jebba, Shiroro, Mambilla, Dadin Kowa, & Zamfara Power Stations for example.

So if they are trying to build state owned, they will have to plan based on purchasing power of people that will be utilizing the power (this applies to every state). Except if they are going to be subsiding the sector heavily and that itself will also impact state finance.

Looking forward to how it turns out for all states.
[/s]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Father And Founder Of Nollywood In Nigeria: Tribute To Hubert Ogunde. / Igbo Quit Notice: I Have The Support Of My Elders, Yerima Replies Falana / Senate Okays 7.5% VAT And 6 Other Tax Hikes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.