Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,733 members, 7,824,066 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

Could Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Be A Fulfilment Of Biblical Prophecy? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Could Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Be A Fulfilment Of Biblical Prophecy? (35000 Views)

Is There Any Biblical Prophecy About Rise Of Islam? / New Dead Sea Scrolls In Israel Reveals Fragments Of Biblical Prophets (Pics) / Hating Christians Is Fulfilment Of The Scripture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Could Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Be A Fulfilment Of Biblical Prophecy? by OkCornel(m): 4:30pm On Mar 06, 2022
greatness77:
Now you come, the 70 seven(490yrs) happened when Cyrus isued a decree to rebuild jerusalem, did u know dat d arival of d anointed one(jesus) put an end to sin offering,prophecy etc? Or have u ever sacrificed a goat to atone for your sin and have u seen any prophet in d like of jeremiah,elijah etc in israel? did u knw dat jesus was the anointed one dat daniel is refering to? Did u knw dat jesus was the one dat will confirm his covenant with many(jews and gentiles) in d middle of one seven(7yrs) ? He directly said "covenant" to his disciples during d last supper, did u knw dat jesus was d anointed one dat was cut off and has nothing? Did u know dat romans put a statue of eagle in jerusalem and offer sacrifice to it? Finally stop linking daniels prophecy and mat 24 know dis and know peace, udo!!

I didn't link anything, Jesus linked that....unless you're telling us Jesus is wrong, and you are right.

See this verse and read it slowly;

Matthew 24 v 15;
15 “So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation,’ spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand

So feel free to correct Jesus.
Re: Could Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Be A Fulfilment Of Biblical Prophecy? by OkCornel(m): 4:31pm On Mar 06, 2022
musicwriter:

So you think the Jewish temple hasn't been destroyed before?

In 587 BC, king Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon deliberately destroyed the temple and even took the Jews hostage to exile in Babylon. The Jews then expected the messiah.

In 539 BC, king Cyrus of Persia conquered Babylon and set the Jews free from exile and returned them to their homeland in Palestine in Judea. Indeed, the Jews then thought that king Cyrus was the messiah and they adored him as god. Read Issiah chapter 44 and chapter 45 is all about extolling king Cyrus.

However, some years later reality dawned on them that neither Nebuchadnezzar nor Cyrus had anything to do with their so called messiah.

I am not done yet.......

In 70 AD, Vespertian and Titus Flavian of Rome, destroyed the Jewish temple once again. The Jews, again thought the messiah was soon coming. That's why Rome seized the opportunity and created the character now known as Jesus because Rome reasoned that if the Jews could believe that Cyrus was the messiah, then they can believe is the messiah. Luckily for Rome, the trick worked, though the ancestral Jews realized the game and didn't believe it.

No messiah is coming. No messiah came in the past. No messiah is coming in the future. Any promise of messiah to Abraham is mythology.

African Christians wake up from your indoctrination.

World events has nothing to do with fulfilling bible prophecy, rather it's your brain that's looking for patterns to make connections to things that doesn't have any relationship.

My people wake up.

And you think the Jewish temple will not be rebuilt as it was in previous times? undecided

Are you implying this temple in Revelation 11 v 1-2 has already been built, desecrated and destroyed? undecided

1. I was given a reed like a measuring rod and was told, “Go and measure the temple of God and the altar, with its worshipers.
2. But exclude the outer court; do not measure it, because it has been given to the Gentiles. They will trample on the holy city for 42 months.

Bear in mind Apostle John wrote this book when he was exiled to Patmos in 95 AD i.e. 25 years after the Jewish temple was destroyed by the Romans in 70 AD.
Which temple did he see again in the future? and in which city? undecided
Re: Could Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Be A Fulfilment Of Biblical Prophecy? by musicwriter(m): 4:50pm On Mar 06, 2022
OkCornel:

And you think the Jewish temple will not be rebuilt as it was in previous times? undecided

Are you implying this temple in Revelation 11 v 1-2 has already been built, desecrated and destroyed? undecided

1. I was given a reed like a measuring rod and was told, “Go and measure the temple of God and the altar, with its worshipers.
2. But exclude the outer court; do not measure it, because it has been given to the Gentiles. They will trample on the holy city for 42 months.

Bear in mind Apostle John wrote this book when he was exiled to Patmos in 95 AD i.e. 25 years after the Jewish temple was destroyed by the Romans in 70 AD.
Which temple did he see again in the future? and in which city? undecided

Indeed, I just told you that's the way the indoctrination goes and the writer of the book of Revelation wasn't immune to that.

If the temple is destroyed yet again, new generation of christians would still be expecting a messiah when it's destroyed in the future. That's the indoctrination programming!!

If the temple is destroyed for the third time or even one million times, they'll still be no messiah because, again, any promise of a messiah is mythology.
Re: Could Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Be A Fulfilment Of Biblical Prophecy? by OkCornel(m): 4:52pm On Mar 06, 2022
musicwriter:

Indeed, I just told you that's the way the indoctrination goes and the writer of the book of Revelation wasn't immune to that.

If the temple is destroyed for the third time or even one million times, they'll still be no messiah because, again, any promise of a messiah is mythology.

Ok, we've heard you
Re: Could Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Be A Fulfilment Of Biblical Prophecy? by skybeauty(f): 4:54pm On Mar 06, 2022
OkCornel:

I'm just baffled with how St Peter's Basilica all the way in Rome has to do with the temple in Matthew 24 and the true church of Christ having an outer court to be trampled by the gentiles in Revelation 11 v 1-2 cheesy cheesy

No wahala, we will continue with this our discussion. Would be nice to see how this pans out.

I thought the same until I realized interpreting it any other way won’t make any sense. The book of Revelation is the most mystical of the entire New Testament.
After the coming of Christ, St Paul calls Christians the New Isreal. Jesus called the current day Israelites who refused to believe in the Gospel the synagogue of Satan. The Gentiles are symbol of all unbelievers/ pagans and all those who have Apostasized from the true faith because of the temptation of the Anti Christ. It represents all those who fell for Rothschilds two god philosophy, which is the foundation of freemasonry.

The Temple in Revelation 11 is the Catholic Church. Obviously the Catholic Church has Temples all over the world but the Temple that represents the Church in a significant way is the St Peters Basilica. By the Lateran Treaty of 1929 the Heads of the Vatican City State were called the Priest Kings or sacerdotal monarchs. This was after when a Jew called Victor Emmanuel II fought battle with the Pope in the year 1870 to take the Papal States (Rome and Italy) from the Catholics Church. After the war, there was a treaty signed between the Jews who were in control of Rome and the Pope, it was called the Lateran Treaty of 1929. It gave the Vatican City State its sovereignty after having suffered defeat from the war. The Temple and city where we have Priest Kings represent the Temple in Apocalypse 11. This is the Temple and the Holy City that will be profaned in the end of days which is already happening. The Vatican is in the firm control of the High Jewish Masonic agents from the B’Nai B’rith and the Illuminati of Bavaria. Find out about Paul Vi down to Pope Francis and you will understand me. You will also understand how the city is being profaned.

Jesus told St John that the Revelation in the Apocalypse deals with world events. See Chapter 1 and 2 of Revelation.

I believe Revelation 11 is not talking about the Jews because Jesus Christ has abolished the old covenant and its Temples a long time ago and instituted a new covenant and sacrifice. Which is the sacrifice of His body and blood, the Holy Mass offered in every Catholics Church especially in St Peters Basilica which Governs the Catholic Church all over the world.
Re: Could Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Be A Fulfilment Of Biblical Prophecy? by greatness77: 5:08pm On Mar 06, 2022
OkCornel:

I know Jesus was crucified circa 33 AD.

I'm just waiting for you to get to the 70AD part. cheesy

Then you explain to us where the 7 days or 3.5 days in the 70 week timeline of Daniel falls in between 33 AD to 70 AD. cheesy
good, 1wk is equal to 7yrs, 70wks simply means 70X7 dat is 490yrs ok, inside d 70wks(490yrs) we have 7wks dat is 7X7(49yrs) and 62weeks(62X7=434yrs) and anoda 1wk(7yrs) which christ will use to confirm his covenant, 49+434+7=490yrs(70wks) have u seen d reason why i said dat d 1week(7yrs) dat christ will use to confirm his covenant is within d 70wks(490yrs) study dis one because and give me feed back because more maths is coming, i have evidence to clear your doubt today
Re: Could Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Be A Fulfilment Of Biblical Prophecy? by OkCornel(m): 5:12pm On Mar 06, 2022
greatness77:
good, 1wk is equal to 7yrs, 70wks simply means 70X7 dat is 490yrs ok, inside d 70wks(490yrs) we have 7wks dat is 7X7(49yrs) and 62weeks(62X7=434yrs) and anoda 1wk(7yrs) which christ will use to confirm his covenant, 49+434+7=490yrs(70wks) have u seen d reason why i said dat d 1week(7yrs) dat christ will use to confirm his covenant is within d 70wks(490yrs) study dis one because and give me feed back because more maths is coming, i have evidence to clear your doubt today

For goodness sake, you mentioned earlier that Daniel 9 v 27 has nothing to do with the anointed one, and that this verse has to do with the ruler of the people.

Daniel 9 v 27
27 He will confirm a covenant with many for one ‘seven. In the middle of the ‘seven’ he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And at the temple he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him.

@greatness77, is Jesus the person that will confirm the covenant with many, then at the middle of the seven...put an end to the sacrifice and offering and also set up the abomination that causes desolation in the temple?

Second question, let's go to the very beginning. Which year does your 70x7 start from?
Re: Could Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Be A Fulfilment Of Biblical Prophecy? by Simple99: 5:40pm On Mar 06, 2022
The fulfilment of that Bible prophesy started since 1914 the first world war and still fulfilling till date.
Re: Could Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Be A Fulfilment Of Biblical Prophecy? by OkCornel(m): 5:40pm On Mar 06, 2022
BrashMan:

He asked a valid question and the best you could have done is to give him a clear answer from your wealth of knowledge of the scripture.

Would this be your response if an unbeliever or one of your church members you are preaching to asked same question?

Your duty as a Christian is not only to preach hell fire everyday. It is to engage people on religious discussions that impacts positively.

Now pastor, answer the question. I will like to know the answer too.

We are still waiting for answer ooo
Re: Could Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Be A Fulfilment Of Biblical Prophecy? by silverlinen(m): 6:01pm On Mar 06, 2022
OkCornel:

Same way I would pity those who witnessed WW1 and WW2 and falsely claimed Jesus would return that period too.

You are doing the same thing here, and not ready to tell yourself the truth.

Calm down and ask yourself if Jesus would come before the abomination of desolation will occur.

Is the Holy place where this will occur even constructed yet?

These are Jesus’ words in Matthew 24. Well, unless you know something Jesus doesn’t know.
Oga you just dey shout "abomination of desolation" "holy place off evil".
Na the only proof you get be that?
Nigga no mind me oo...I just dey ask brr.
Re: Could Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Be A Fulfilment Of Biblical Prophecy? by od4life(m): 7:02pm On Mar 06, 2022
OkCornel:

For goodness sake, you mentioned earlier that Daniel 9 v 27 has nothing to do with the anointed one, and that this verse has to do with the ruler of the people.

Daniel 9 v 27
27 He will confirm a covenant with many for one ‘seven. In the middle of the ‘seven’ he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And at the temple he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him.

@greatness77, is Jesus the person that will confirm the covenant with many, then at the middle of the seven...put an end to the sacrifice and offering and also set up the abomination that causes desolation in the temple?

Second question, let's go to the very beginning. Which year does your 70x7 start from?
You are very sound in bible eschatology. I enjoyed your posts. Bravo�.

1 Like

Re: Could Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Be A Fulfilment Of Biblical Prophecy? by OkCornel(m): 7:03pm On Mar 06, 2022
od4life:

Thanks bro. All glory be to God

1 Like

Re: Could Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Be A Fulfilment Of Biblical Prophecy? by SeriouslySense(m): 7:06pm On Mar 06, 2022
I was raised up as a catholic, and i dont subscribe to such believes, just read the bible and try to understand it, you don't need to add cultures or mans doctrines to it.

The church did not replace Israel, rather, its her offspring, and God will turn his attention back to the Jews, after he has dwelt with the gentiles, Israel being a Nation again, is a great sign, that God is about to turn his focus fully back to Israel, the physical location is also Spiritual, you cannot really separate the physical and Spiritual.

I am a catholic so i know how they program your thinking, and i understand why its hard for you, i just hope you can understand, that the Apocalypse centers around Israel and its redemption, because after the tribulation, when its seems there is no more hope, when they call out to the one who they crucified, he will hear and came back to the earth physically to be their eternal King, hence the promise of God to Abraham, is fulfilled, because its literal also, and his descendants uncountable, due to the Church also.

skybeauty:

This Temple is the Catholic Church during the end of time. Because of the Apostasy spoken of by St Paul very few will believe in the true concept of the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass. Read the book of Hebrews very well and you will see where Paul wrote “we have an alter wherein those who participate in the Tabernacle are not qualified to eat from” This is after haven explained the spiritual reality of the New Testament Temple in chapter 12v22. And after which he said we have a Kingdom that cannot be shaken. The Sacrifice the New Testament worshippers “eat of “ is the living bread from heaven, that is body and blood of Christ in the species of bread and wine after the Priest have confirmed the covenant with those present and offered the sacrifice of Jesus to God. This is only possible if you consider the Catholic Faith in the interpretation. If not, nothing will make sense to you. Temple in Apocalypse 11 refers to the true Church of Christ which is capable of being profaned and not a false and wicked religion like Judaism, the synagogue of Satan. Because the angel cannever talk about worship and alter or Temple if it does not exist on earth during the end time. But the measurements spoken of is symbolic of how God will judge the faith of the remnats after the Temptations of the anti christ in the end of time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Be A Fulfilment Of Biblical Prophecy? by greatness77: 7:17pm On Mar 06, 2022
od4life:

u enjoyed what? Nawa oo! Cant u see cornel is busy contradicting himself? He said dat d 1week(7yrs) period have not started, haha he is stil waiting for the person dat will confirm his covenant within d 1week(7yrs) Cornel is very confused
Re: Could Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Be A Fulfilment Of Biblical Prophecy? by Ifakiland(m): 7:24pm On Mar 06, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
Could Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Be A Fulfilment Of Biblical Prophecy?

The world hasn't recovered but is still grappling with the devastating effects of covid-19 pandemic, as the vaccines have so far flattered to deceive, having not provided the desired results to curtail or stop the deadly virus.

Alongside this unusual pandemic which brought the world to her bare knees, there have been many other strange and unusual occurrences, including unprecedented natural disasters, taking place in different parts of the world.

Now we have a full-blown war in our hands in Ukraine that appears to be edging towards the 3rd world war which has been much spoken about, so could this be a fulfilment of biblical prophecy?

Jesus said:

Matthew 24:6-7 (KJV)

And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

I believe it is, because the signs have it that these are surely the last days. It's for this very reason we've been preaching and rigorously warning people to repent, because the end is at the door and the day of Jesus' second coming is very near.

I hope that all these warnings would not be in vain, and you still find yourself get left behind, because then you'd only have yourself to blame.

God bless.
Una no just get sense....ww1 came, I'm sure an idiot also tot it was sign of entire, ww2 came, anoda mumu must have said its sign of end time, usa vs Iraq fools said its sign of end time....I don tire for una matter....una fear this endtime pass people wey no be Christians sef....are you sure tall normal at all

1 Like

Re: Could Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Be A Fulfilment Of Biblical Prophecy? by MoIbrahim: 7:24pm On Mar 06, 2022
Oyinbo people are enjoying their policy you're here talking about prophesy. You think they have that time?
Re: Could Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Be A Fulfilment Of Biblical Prophecy? by greatness77: 7:26pm On Mar 06, 2022
OkCornel:

Daniel 9 v 27

dont misquote me, i said jesus is d one dat wil confm covnt while d ruler wil dstroy d city and d sanctuary+ d abomntion
Re: Could Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Be A Fulfilment Of Biblical Prophecy? by OkCornel(m): 7:28pm On Mar 06, 2022
greatness77:
dont misquote me, i said jesus is d one dat wil confm covnt while d ruler wil dstroy d city and d sanctuary+ d abomntion

Read Daniel 9 v 27;
Daniel 9 v 27

Are you telling everyone here that the "HE" in verse 27 refers to two different people? or one person.
Re: Could Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Be A Fulfilment Of Biblical Prophecy? by OkCornel(m): 7:30pm On Mar 06, 2022
greatness77:
u enjoyed what? Nawa oo! Cant u see cornel is busy contradicting himself? He said dat d 1week(7yrs) period have not started, haha he is stil waiting for the person dat will confirm his covenant within d 1week(7yrs) Cornel is very confused

We are still awaiting your response o;

Daniel 9 v 27
27 He will confirm a covenant with many for one ‘seven. In the middle of the ‘seven’ he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. "AND" at the temple he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him.

1. Who is the "HE" in Daniel 9 v 27? Please take note of the "AND" in the verse before you answer.
2. What year does Daniel's 70 x 7 start from?
Re: Could Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Be A Fulfilment Of Biblical Prophecy? by OkCornel(m): 7:36pm On Mar 06, 2022
SeriouslySense:
I was raised up as a catholic, and i dont subscribe to such believes, just read the bible and try to understand it, you don't need to add cultures or mans doctrines to it.

The church did not replace Israel, rather, its her offspring, and God will turn his attention back to the Jews, after he has dwelt with the gentiles, Israel being a Nation again, is a great sign, that God is about to turn his focus fully back to Israel, the physical location is also Spiritual, you cannot really separate the physical and Spiritual.

I am a catholic so i know how they program your thinking, and i understand why its hard for you, i just hope you can understand, that the Apocalypse centers around Israel and its redemption, because after the tribulation, when its seems there is no more hope, when they call out to the one who they crucified, he will hear and came back to the earth physically to be their eternal King, hence the promise of God to Abraham, is fulfilled, because its literal also, and his descendants uncountable, due to the Church also.

Thank you ooo.

God still has unfinished business with the nation of Israel. I'll still make some references to the prophecies in Ezekiel, Daniel & Isaiah to buttress this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Could Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Be A Fulfilment Of Biblical Prophecy? by jossytech(m): 8:39pm On Mar 06, 2022
Re: Could Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Be A Fulfilment Of Biblical Prophecy? by aalangel(f): 8:51pm On Mar 06, 2022
It's partially in the scheme of things, but it's a huge distraction. The gospel is better reached in time of peace. Pray for peace in Ukraine.
Re: Could Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Be A Fulfilment Of Biblical Prophecy? by greatness77: 8:51pm On Mar 06, 2022
OkCornel:

We are still awaiting your response o;

Daniel 9 v 27
27 He will confirm a covenant with many for one ‘seven. In the middle of the ‘seven’ he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. "AND" at the temple he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him.

1. Who is the "HE" in Daniel 9 v 27? Please take note of the "AND" in the verse before you answer.
2. What year does Daniel's 70 x 7 start from?
good qstion i mean no2 because i have answered no1 severally, it started at d end of 69wks which began in 455BCE and ended in 29CE, And d anointed one(messiah) arrived(baptized) in 29ce, stop behaving like jews dat said they are still expecting d messiah
Re: Could Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Be A Fulfilment Of Biblical Prophecy? by OkCornel(m): 8:53pm On Mar 06, 2022
greatness77:
good qstion i mean no2 because i have answered no1 severally, it started at d end of 69wks which began in 455BCE and ended in 29CE, And d anointed one(messiah) arrived(baptized) in 29ce, stop behaving like jews dat said they are still expecting d messiah

You haven't answered question 1 clearly;
Daniel 9 v 27

Re: Could Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Be A Fulfilment Of Biblical Prophecy? by OkCornel(m): 9:06pm On Mar 06, 2022
greatness77:

Are you telling us that the year Cyrus issued the decree to rebuild Jerusalem was 455 BCE? And the 70 x 7 weeks started that year? Hmmm?

Well just to let you know, Cyrus decree to rebuild Jerusalem was in 538 BCE. King Cyrus lived between 600 to 530 BCE and reigned between 547 to 530 BCE. How does that connect with 455 BCE?

https://iranicaonline.org/articles/cyrus-iiI

You don't even have your historical evidence aligned.

Per the bolded part of your response, do you even understand what you are saying? The Jews rejected Jesus as their Messiah...why are you confusing that for my position on the second coming of Christ? undecided

Re: Could Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Be A Fulfilment Of Biblical Prophecy? by skybeauty(f): 9:15pm On Mar 06, 2022
SeriouslySense:

If what you are saying is the truth, then you have no business being Christian. Because according to your understanding of the scripture Judaism is the true Religion spoken of by Christ in the Bible. Of course, this view is incorrect because Christ made away with the old covenant and installed the new in its place. Only the Catholic Church represents the New and Everlasting Covenant effected in the blood of Jesus by which you even have a hope of salvation. St Paul said “though the children of Israel be like the sands of the earth, only a remnant shall be saved” why? Because they rejected Jesus who is supposed to be their salvation.

You speak of being brainwashed as a Catholic? I believe we are all matured and can now think for ourselves unlike those days our parents dragged us to morning mass and block rosary. Now can you look at my write ups a second time and tell me sincerely whether all I have said bears any trappings of one who is mind controlled or deceived. I have independently investigated the Catholic Faith, I mean what the Church truly teaches and believes and not the scandals of today and I have discovered that it is indeed the true Church Jesus founded on earth to continue His salvific work. Although it is currently facing serious challenges from scandalous priests.

As you go down to history, all these other churches disappears until you get to a point in history where we have only one Church, the. Catholic Church. We find the predecessors of the Popes having direct link with the Apostles of Christ. You find that whatever they wrote was as they were taught by the Apostles. No other church can boast of that link with the Apostles. That is why the Catholic Church is called Apostolic.
St Ignatius of Antioch received his teachings on the Holy Eucharist directly from St John the Apostle who wrote the Revelation. He maintained that St Johns Gospel Chapter 6 is literal. St Clement of Rome was a disciple of St Paul and he later became the 5th Pope of the Catholic Church. He was also mentioned in one of Paul’s letters. The Bible most of you are relying on came from the Catholic Church. In the Council of Hippo the Church compiled the various books of the old and New Testament and named the collection “Holy Bible”. The Catholic Church arranged the Bible into Chapters and verses of which most Churches blindly quote out of context in a bid to attack the Catholic Faith. The Church preserved civilization during the dark ages and made sure future generation doesn’t remain in the Stone Age. I will give you an example to prove to you that Revelation 11 is talking about the Catholic Church. You will find two witnesses spoken about dressed in “sack cloth” who will be preaching during the end of days. They are illustrious Catholic monks of the species of St Patrick that evangelized Europe. Monks like St Patrick of Ireland, St Vincent Ferrer will arise in the last days to combat the errors of the anti christ. The Benedictine monks dress in “sack cloth”. How many pastors or reverend do you find today homeless, spending their whole lives in secluded places and dressed in sack clothes? We only have deceivers in suit duping unsuspecting members of the public in the name of miracles. Catholic monks takes vow of Virginity and poverty which is called the evangelical counsel. We have the Hermits who spend all their days in the bush praying for the world. They also dress in sack cloths. You also find that the 144000 first fruits of salvation were described as virgins who never had any sexual relation with women. This refers to all those priests and monks who were faithful to their vow of virginity, chastity and poverty and died in that state. They are the first fruits of Our Lord’s salvation. There are many more examples indicating that the Catholic Church is the true Christian Church on earth. I am not brainwashed, these are my independent convictions.
Re: Could Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Be A Fulfilment Of Biblical Prophecy? by OkCornel(m): 9:20pm On Mar 06, 2022
greatness77:

And while I'm still expecting your response to my two previous mentions. Even your math does not add up.

If according to you the 69 weeks x 7 days (i.e. 483 years) started in 455 BCE, did Daniel not mention the anointed one will be cut off at the end of the 483 years which lands us in 29 AD. Abeg what year was Jesus cut off (crucified)? 29 AD? or 33 AD?
Re: Could Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Be A Fulfilment Of Biblical Prophecy? by SeriouslySense(m): 9:24pm On Mar 06, 2022
since you are convicted, there is nothing, i may say that can convince, so its okay.

But, if you notice, the catholic Church, seems to worship Mary, its a form of goddess worship, its not the Mary in the bible that is represented, its a roman goddess. Okay, your convictions mean there is nothing i can say for you, just be the best you can be.

And put your hope and trust in only Jesus, dont add or subtract, once you accept the works of Jesus on the cross, and you confess he is the Son of God and accept him, pray for the spirit, then the Spirit seals you once you truly recognize this and accept the work on the cross, that is the Gospel. Having a repentant heart and accepting Jesus into your heart. smiley smiley smiley

I also recommend doing baptism properly, be emerged in water and baptized, in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, my baptism in the catholic Church, did not involve complete immersion in the water, but the trinity were called upon.

skybeauty:

If what you are saying is the truth, then you have no business being Christian. Because according to your understanding of the scripture Judaism is the true Religion spoken of by Christ in the Bible. Of course, this view is incorrect because Christ made away with the old covenant and installed the new in its place. Only the Catholic Church represents the New and Everlasting Covenant effected in the blood of Jesus by which you even have a hope of salvation. St Paul said “though the children of Israel be like the sands of the earth, only a remnant shall be saved” why? Because they rejected Jesus who is supposed to be their salvation.

You speak of being brainwashed as a Catholic? I believe we are all matured and can now think for ourselves unlike those days our parents dragged us to morning mass and block rosary. Now can you look at my write ups a second time and tell me sincerely whether all I have said bears any trappings of one who is mind controlled or deceived. I have independently investigated the Catholic Faith, I mean what the Church truly teaches and believes and not the scandals of today and I have discovered that it is indeed the true Church Jesus founded on earth to continue His salvific work. Although it is currently facing serious challenges from scandalous priests.

As you go down to history, all these other churches disappears until you get to a point in history where we have only one Church, the. Catholic Church. We find the predecessors of the Popes having direct link with the Apostles of Christ. You find that whatever they wrote was as they were taught by the Apostles. No other church can boast of that link with the Apostles. That is why the Catholic Church is called Apostolic.
St Ignatius of Antioch received his teachings on the Holy Eucharist directly from St John the Apostle who wrote the Revelation. He maintained that St Johns Gospel Chapter 6 is literal. St Clement of Rome was a disciple of St Paul and he later became the 5th Pope of the Catholic Church. He was also mentioned in one of Paul’s letters. The Bible most of you are relying on came from the Catholic Church. In the Council of Hippo the Church compiled the various books of the old and New Testament and named the collection “Holy Bible”. The Catholic Church arranged the Bible into Chapters and verses of which most Churches blindly quote out of context in a bid to attack the Catholic Faith. The Church preserved civilization during the dark ages and made sure future generation doesn’t remain in the Stone Age. I will give you an example to prove to you that Revelation 11 is talking about the Catholic Church. You will find two witnesses spoken about dressed in “sack cloth” who will be preaching during the end of days. They are illustrious Catholic monks of the species of St Patrick that evangelized Europe. Monks like St Patrick of Ireland, St Vincent Ferrer will arise in the last days to combat the errors of the anti christ. The Benedictine monks dress in “sack cloth”. How many pastors or reverend do you find today homeless, spending their whole lives in secluded places and dressed in sack clothes? We only have deceivers in suit duping unsuspecting members of the public in the name of miracles. Catholic monks takes vow of Virginity and poverty which is called the evangelical counsel. We have the Hermits who spend all their days in the bush praying for the world. They also dress in sack cloths. You also find that the 144000 first fruits of salvation were described as virgins who never had any sexual relation with women. This refers to all those priests and monks who were faithful to their vow of virginity, chastity and poverty and died in that state. They are the first fruits of Our Lord’s salvation. There are many more examples indicating that the Catholic Church is the true Christian Church on earth. I am not brainwashed, these are my independent convictions.
Re: Could Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Be A Fulfilment Of Biblical Prophecy? by MrNipplesLover(m): 9:30pm On Mar 06, 2022
Thank you, Father.

❤❤❤❤
Re: Could Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Be A Fulfilment Of Biblical Prophecy? by greatness77: 9:34pm On Mar 06, 2022
OkCornel:

You haven't answered question 1 clearly;
Daniel 9 v 27

CHRIST IS the one dat will confirm d covenant as he clearly stated in matt 22 vs 20, d first covnt was during abraham(LAW) when animals are used as sacrifice And d second covnt was during Christ(GRACE) When he used himself as sacrifice since den d believers stoped usin animals for atonment of sin, i once ague like u until i repented
Re: Could Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Be A Fulfilment Of Biblical Prophecy? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:36pm On Mar 06, 2022
OkCornel:

Thank you ooo.
God still has unfinished business with the nation of Israel. I'll still make some references to the prophecies in Ezekiel, Daniel & Isaiah to buttress this.
God will forever be with His people ISRAEL but there's something we need to know: it's those honoring Him that He will always honor!
The natural Israelites dishonored God several times so He told them that He can raise children from stones for Abraham {Matthew 3:9} so that His promises to Abraham will not go unfulfilled {Genesis 12:1-3} therefore all Israelites that failed to accept Jesus Christ are now like trees cut down and thrown into the fire {Matthew 3:10} that's why Apostle Paul told us that God is no longer interested in natural Israelites so all those that chose to put faith in the God of Abraham through Jesus of Nazareth has become God's children {John 1:11-12} which means it's no longer a matter of Israel but faithful people throughout the earth are Israelites from God's standpoint! Romans 2:25-29

As for the nation of Israel Jesus (God's only begotten Son) said God has condemned that nation {Matthew 23:37-38} and has chosen a nation producing the fruitage of faith {Matthew 21:43} the chosen nation became known in the first century at Pentecost when God's promises for Israel was fulfilled only among Jesus' disciples, they will continue to grow as a nation until their citizens are found in all the nations of the earth that's why God permitted them to speak all the language on the earth showing that it's no longer about NATURAL ISRAELITES as usual but faithful people throughout the earth are now welcomed as SPIRITUAL ISRAELITES! smiley

2 Likes

Re: Could Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Be A Fulfilment Of Biblical Prophecy? by greatness77: 9:42pm On Mar 06, 2022
OkCornel:

And while I'm still expecting your response to my two previous mentions. Even your math does not add up.

If according to you the 69 weeks x 7 days (i.e. 483 years) started in 455 BCE, did Daniel not mention the anointed one will be cut off at the end of the 483 years which lands us in 29 AD. Abeg what year was Jesus cut off (crucified)? 29 AD? or 33 AD?

29ce was when he was baptized and bcom messiah

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Gloria And Mike Bamiloye, Their Children, Damilola, Joshua & Gift Bamiloye Photo / Nigerian Parents Arrested In US After Son Died During Religious Fast. Photos / Pastor Adeboye's 70th Birthday: Drop A Birthday Message!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.